PDA

View Full Version : Virginia beats North Carolina in OT

wkuhillhound
October 18th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Virginia down 10 - 3 with less than a minute left and scores a TD with :03 left to force OT.

North Carolina gets a field goal and Virginia scores on a 2 yd rushing TD to win the game! Incredible. xrotatehx

Twilight zone in the ACC this year.

Appaholic
October 18th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Virginia down 10 - 3 with less than a minute left and scores a TD with :03 left to force OT.

North Carolina gets a field goal and Virginia scores on a 2 yd rushing TD to win the game! Incredible. xrotatehx

Carolina had the ball with 47 seconds left......and sat on it to play for OT with Hakeem Nicks and Brooks Foster, both receivers going about 6'3"....when coaches are that conservative, they deserve to lose......xsmhx

blur2005
October 18th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Carolina had the ball with 47 seconds left......and sat on it to play for OT with Hakeem Nicks and Brooks Foster, both receivers going about 6'3"....when coaches are that conservative, they deserve to lose......xsmhx
Agreed. Coaches are also dumb when they take a timeout to ice a very good kicker on a field goal to make the score 10-3 when you are losing and have two timeouts remaining with 2:15 left. Al Groh did exactly that. We continue to win in spite of retarded play calling from Mike Groh and mystifying coaching decisions from the top man.

Appstate29
October 18th, 2008, 11:46 PM

I saw it just after we beat GSU, it really put the cherry on top of my day. I think Wake got shut out too. And NC State lost too. I hope ECU and Duke lost too and that just made this one heck of a weekend.