PDA

View Full Version : PL Lacrosse Tourney

ngineer
April 26th, 2005, 09:04 PM
The seeds are fixed: #1 Navy (4th nationally) v. #4 Lehigh
#2 Army (10th nationally) v. #3 Bucknell (12th nation)

PAllen
April 27th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Should be interesting to see how many teams the PL gets into the national tourney. Navy will be in win or lose. The winner of the Bucknell/Army game makes it in too, could the PL get a 3rd bid? Gone are the days of ACC domination.

LetsGoNova
April 27th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Isn't the lax Final Four in Philly this year at the Linc? I might have to make it down to a game or two.

ngineer
April 27th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Isn't the lax Final Four in Philly this year at the Linc? I might have to make it down to a game or two.

Yes! The Div. I Semifinals are Saturday May 28, D-II and D-III Finals are Sunday May 29, and D-I Finals are Monday, May 30. All at the Linc. I already ordered my tickets through U of Penn website. I would order now for good seats--though I would think most of the lower level will be gone. Prices range $40-60 for all games pass.
PL Tourney starts Friday.

polsongrizz
April 28th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Dam I wish we had this great Indian game out here.

colgate13
April 28th, 2005, 07:39 AM
It really is amazing how much the PL has come along in lax. Now, Navy joining sure helps...

And to think there was a time when Hobart was in too as an associate member!

89Hen
April 28th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Should be interesting to see how many teams the PL gets into the national tourney. Navy will be in win or lose. The winner of the Bucknell/Army game makes it in too, could the PL get a 3rd bid?

Automatics....
American East Conference - Albany
Colonial Athletic Conference - Towson or Delaware :D
Great Western Lacrosse League - Denver
Ivy Group - Cornell
Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference - Manhattan
Patriot League - Navy

At large locks IMO:
Johns Hopkins
Duke
Virginia
UMass
Georgetown
Syracuse
Army
Dartmouth

That leaves only two spots. IF Delaware can win the CAA, Towson has a great shot at being an at-large leaving only one spot open. A third PL team would be the last team in.

PAllen
April 28th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Actually, talk around here is that if Towson doesn't win their auto-bid, they are out. We'll see how that holds up.

89Hen
April 28th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Actually, talk around here is that if Towson doesn't win their auto-bid, they are out. We'll see how that holds up.
Could just be locker room talk to inspire them to win the CAA tourney. If they don't, they are one of the bubble teams and nobody wants to be in that position. I will say that if Towson wins the CAA, UD has no shot at an at large, but I don't think the reverse is true.

bkrownd
April 29th, 2005, 05:25 AM
Dam I wish we had this great Indian game out here.

You do. Colorado and Utah have a lot of teams, and it's spreading from there. Oddly enough, Montana and Montana State are in different conferences:

Montana State lacrosse (http://www.uslia.com/team.php?id=55), homepage (http://www.montana.edu/lacrosse/), and the RMLC conference (http://www.rmlax.com/index.cfm)

Montana lacrosse (http://www.uslia.com/team.php?id=29) and the PNCLL conference (http://www.pncll.com/)

Montana (10-1) and Montana State (8-1) are ranked #4 and #16 in USLIA-MDIA B-division, and playing in conference playoffs this weekend. Montana story (http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2005/04/18/news/top/news01.txt)

http://www.montana.edu/lacrosse/images/DSC_00718.gif

ngineer
April 29th, 2005, 09:50 PM
The first round is history. Lehigh lost at Navy 10-6 and Army defeated Bucknell in OT 9-8. Army will play at Navy for the championship on Sunday.
Lehigh's season ends at 9-5--best in at least four years.

PAllen
April 30th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Actually I'm surprised the Navy-Lehigh score was that close. Did Navy pull their starters or is Lehigh really that good? I know LU pulled some upsets and played a number good teams close, but Navy is on another level right now.

umassfan
April 30th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Automatics....
American East Conference - Albany
Colonial Athletic Conference - Towson or Delaware :D
Great Western Lacrosse League - Denver
Ivy Group - Cornell
Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference - Manhattan
Patriot League - Navy

At large locks IMO:
Johns Hopkins
Duke
Virginia
UMass
Georgetown
Syracuse
Army
Dartmouth

That leaves only two spots. IF Delaware can win the CAA, Towson has a great shot at being an at-large leaving only one spot open. A third PL team would be the last team in.

Whos in the CAA for LAX

ngineer
April 30th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Actually I'm surprised the Navy-Lehigh score was that close. Did Navy pull their starters or is Lehigh really that good? I know LU pulled some upsets and played a number good teams close, but Navy is on another level right now.

The score was about what I expected. Navy won the regular season game 11-7. Navy jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the first quarter and it pretty much kept that gap. Closest Lehigh got was 6-3. Right now the elite of the PL in lax are Navy, Army and Bucknell. Lehigh is on the edge of getting competitive consistency. Lafayette and Holy Cross have a ways to go.

TheValleyRaider
April 30th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Don't forget the ladies!

PL Women's Lax Tournament started today at Colgate. The Raiders took the first semifinal 12-8 over Lehigh and will face the winner of the HC-AU semifinal tomorrow at 1 as they try to go for their second consecutive PL title.

ngineer
April 30th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Don't forget the ladies!

PL Women's Lax Tournament started today at Colgate. The Raiders took the first semifinal 12-8 over Lehigh and will face the winner of the HC-AU semifinal tomorrow at 1 as they try to go for their second consecutive PL title.

Congrats--and good luck likely against AU--they're a powerhouse.

TheValleyRaider
April 30th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Congrats--and good luck likely against AU--they're a powerhouse.

Looks like it's HC hanging on for an 11-10 win. Box score says AU scored 5 unanswered goals in under 8 minutes late in the half, but HC held on for the last 2:30 to win.

Tomorrow at 1 pm, Colgate vs. Holy Cross
The Raiders won 9-8 last weekend, and are looking for another undefeated PL season capped with a title.

bkrownd
April 30th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Whos in the CAA for LAX

Towson, Delaware, Hofstra, Villanova, Drexel, Sacred Heart

It's a mid-level conference that's having an "up" year this year, though its premire team, Towson, is down a little bit. 10 years ago this collection of teams would have been pretty weak compared to the top-10, but parity is changing that.

bkrownd
April 30th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Montana (10-1) and Montana State (8-1) are ranked #4 and #16 in USLIA-MDIA B-division, and playing in conference playoffs this weekend. Montana story (http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2005/04/18/news/top/news01.txt)

Utah Valley State beat Montana State for the RMLC B-division title today. No score from Montana vs. Whitman yet.

ngineer
May 1st, 2005, 10:35 PM
Navy smacked Army 15-8 today to win the PL Tourney. Army and Bucknell will await bids.

TheValleyRaider
May 2nd, 2005, 07:57 AM
Colgate drilled HC 11-4 to wrap up their 2nd consecutive PL title. It was 4-0 at halftime, and HC never got any closer in the second half. Colgate awaits their destination for the NCAAs. Also, Colgate hasn't lost a PL game in 2 1/2 years, going undefeated in the league 2 years running.

colgate13
May 2nd, 2005, 08:01 AM
Awesome performance by 'gate women. I hope they can get that NCAA win and maybe rub some of their aura off on the men.

PLUS, the women only lose 1 senior (and 1 senior walk-on).

ngineer
May 2nd, 2005, 08:02 PM
Army and Bucknell have been selected for the NCAA Tourney--3 teams out of 16 ain't bad!

bkrownd
May 4th, 2005, 12:51 AM
Army and Bucknell have been selected for the NCAA Tourney--3 teams out of 16 ain't bad!

Huh? The regular season isn't even over yet...

89Hen
May 4th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Yeah, what's the dilleo ngineer? Delaware meets Hofstra today in the CAA semifinals, I don't think anyone besides Navy is officially in the tourney yet.

ngineer
May 4th, 2005, 04:47 PM
A friend of mine who is a lacrosse fanatic said he saw on one of the LAX boards that Army and Bucknell were in--perhaps he was looking at a projection based upon the conference automatics and those awaiting bids.
Sorry for jumping the gun, but the way he sent the info to me it sounded as if the Black Knights and the Bison were in regardless of the other conferences' outcomes. Will check with him tomorrow. Thanks.

89Hen
May 5th, 2005, 08:11 AM
The Hens beat Hofstra last night at home to advance to the finals where they'll host Towson this Saturday. Biggest game in a long time for the Hens.

89Hen
May 9th, 2005, 01:11 PM
A friend of mine who is a lacrosse fanatic said he saw on one of the LAX boards that Army and Bucknell were in--perhaps he was looking at a projection based upon the conference automatics and those awaiting bids.
Bucknell didn't make it and in a SHOCKER, the Hens got an at-large after losing to Towson in the CAA finals.

ngineer
May 9th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I just got home after being on the road and heard about Bucknell not getting in. I really thought they'd get in, not just because they beat Navy and lost in OT to Army, but their long-time coach Sid Jamison is retiring and he was one of the 'deans' of lax coaching nationwide. :(

89Hen
May 22nd, 2005, 07:41 PM
Should be interesting to see how many teams the PL gets into the national tourney. Navy will be in win or lose. The winner of the Bucknell/Army game makes it in too, could the PL get a 3rd bid? Gone are the days of ACC domination.

Here was that quote. PAllen, looks like the ACC is making you eat those words. UVA, Maryland and Duke all in the semis.

PAllen
May 24th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Very true. MD and UVA have come on strong at tournament time. I honestly thought one or both would bow out early.