PDA

View Full Version : ASU at Samford

Pages : 1 [2]

biggie
October 11th, 2008, 04:55 PM
3rd and Goal from the 3. At least the clock is running.

HighRyder08
we need more time of possession in these next few drives....samford is running the clock

biggie
4th and Goal.

jonmac
October 11th, 2008, 04:56 PM
This broadcast is truly terrible. You would think somebody would tell them about the guy in the control booth being heard during the broadcast.

See my post before yours. It's an open feed, we're hearing more than what's heard on the radio.

biggie
October 11th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Huge stop, incomplete. App ball.

HighRyder08
October 11th, 2008, 04:57 PM
TURNOVER!!!!!

biggie
Let's put it away.

Wow, Quick caught a ball. 11yds, 1st down.

jonmac
The broadcast is not being done for TV. I'm sure if we had an open feed for App games you'd hear it too.

Good goal line stand.

jonmac
October 11th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Finally, a catch for Quick.

HighRyder08
October 11th, 2008, 04:59 PM
our o line needs to step up

Appstate29
3rd and 290113491u208

biggie
3rd and 20. Ouch.

4th down. Punt time. Under 6 mins though.

Appstate29
GO FOR IT!!

biggie
October 11th, 2008, 05:00 PM
311 yds is too much to give up.

Wow a penalty not on us.

jonmac
October 11th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Seems we're playing just good enough to win. I'll take it but I'd rather see us pour it on from start to finish. As long as we do it when it counts.

biggie
October 11th, 2008, 05:01 PM
And now a personal foul on Samford.

DLS
October 11th, 2008, 05:04 PM
"mugged by cortez gilbert"

hmmmmm

biggie
October 11th, 2008, 05:05 PM

hmmmmm
Funny how Brownie and DJ said it just looked like a jump ball.

jonmac

hmmmmm

Easy now, you ever listen to DJ and Brownie. All the homer broadcast teams do it.

Appstate29
games just about over...need 3 scores, didn't look good either half, especially the 2nd.

appstate38
October 11th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Just lost my feed.... This happen to anybody else??

biggie
1st down at 12.

Update:
Rich 24
JMU 23
6 mins to go

HighRyder08
what happened with cortez? the computer we were watching just ran out of battery

jonmac
I lost it too. Boo.

biggie
October 11th, 2008, 05:07 PM
1st and Goal. Under 3mins.

Stop on 1st.

Skjellyfetti
October 11th, 2008, 05:07 PM
lost the video feed, listening to dj and brownie now

Skjellyfetti
October 11th, 2008, 05:08 PM
In other news... Richmond just went up on JMU 31-23

Appstate29
stopped them on 1st down.

Edge316007
I lost mine and it blew up my computer

biggie
what happened with cortez? the computer we were watching just ran out of battery
Pass interference on him on a high ball.

3rd and goal from about an inch.

DLS
disconnected wtf

biggie
October 11th, 2008, 05:09 PM
TD Sammy.

Onside kick coming.

app
touchdown samford

HighRyder08
how much time is left?

Appstate29
October 11th, 2008, 05:10 PM
TD samford, still 2 possession game, gotta get this onside kick.

app
October 11th, 2008, 05:10 PM
how much time is left?

2:02

biggie
October 11th, 2008, 05:11 PM
App recovers.

app
October 11th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Game over :)

HighRyder08
October 11th, 2008, 05:12 PM
so does this mean we get our money back since the video feed went out?

biggie
October 11th, 2008, 05:12 PM
2nd and 5, a 1st down should do it.

biggie
October 11th, 2008, 05:13 PM
3rd down. One more play will run out the clock.

Sammy took a timeout. 4th down TE Jorden down the seem.

Welton: Brownie is guessing shoulder/ribs/other.

Tough game, thankfully a big 2nd qtr again.

appstate38
October 11th, 2008, 05:14 PM
We don't play well in the deep south. But I will take the W none the less.

jonmac
October 11th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Well, not really a tough game. Never felt threatened but I would have liked to have played better. Gotta like the W. Got our work cut out for us the next few weeks. I think we'll step up though.

biggie
October 11th, 2008, 05:18 PM
For anyone not paying attention.

Rich and JMU tied at 31 with 50 secs to go, JMU to kickoff.

bobbythekidd
October 11th, 2008, 05:29 PM
For anyone not paying attention.

Rich and JMU tied at 31 with 50 secs to go, JMU to kickoff.
dammit! I am recording that to watch later! No more updates!

appfan2008
October 11th, 2008, 05:33 PM
well i dont think ASU played their best game but they played well and the game was never in question

biggie
October 11th, 2008, 05:33 PM
dammit! I am recording that to watch later! No more updates!
Well its like you'll be watchin a whole game in about 50 secs then.

biggie
October 11th, 2008, 05:34 PM
well i dont think ASU played their best game but they played well and the game was never in question
It was a slight question when Samford almost went up by 14 in the 1st qtr.

DLS
October 11th, 2008, 05:39 PM
armanti's final stats?

T-Dog
October 11th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Well, I could complain about this that and another, but a road win is a road win. No we go to Georgia Southern. Funny, our two toughest road games (sorry UTC and WCU, but Sammy had already surpassed you both) in a row. If we get by next week with a win, I'll be feeling a lot better.

appfan2008
October 11th, 2008, 05:42 PM
its gonna be tough down there in statesboro next week

biggie
October 11th, 2008, 05:48 PM
armanti's final stats?

Just from what I heard on the radio, about 370 yds total, (around 60 rushing), 4 total TDs (1 rushing).

proasu89
October 11th, 2008, 07:16 PM
In what way?

Quavian Davis & Armanti Smith xoopsx as told by their color guy. He of the Appalayshun St. pronunciation. Loved listening to the feed when they were wondering how someone got their phone number and called in the correct pronunciation. The play by play guy had it right all along but he never made an attempt to help out the other guy.

blazrdog#1
October 11th, 2008, 07:49 PM
HELD TO 35 POINTS AND WE SCORED 24 ON YOU!!!!!!!!! WE WILL OWN YOU NEXT YEAR!!!!AND GSU WILL OPEN UP A NEW ONE FOR YOU THIS YEAR.

ncman071
October 11th, 2008, 08:09 PM
HELD TO 35 POINTS AND WE SCORED 24 ON YOU!!!!!!!!! WE WILL OWN YOU NEXT YEAR!!!!AND GSU WILL OPEN UP A NEW ONE FOR YOU THIS YEAR.

yea, umm not so much... we have practically everybody minus 5 players off of our 2 deep between offense and defense coming back next year.

GSU will be a tough game but we have a tough team.

blazrdog#1
October 11th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Lions,tigers & bears....oh my....do NOT listen to the (NC) man behind the curtain...bwahahaha....we are sooooo skeered....NOT!!!!!!

Eaglegus2
October 11th, 2008, 08:28 PM
yea, umm not so much... we have practically everybody minus 5 players off of our 2 deep between offense and defense coming back next year.

GSU will be a tough game but we have a tough team.

Exactly!!!!! App State will be ready next week at the 'Boro. This game will be decided by the number of turnovers.

Hopefully, Georgia Southern will keep it close.

furman94
October 11th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Lions,tigers & bears....oh my....do NOT listen to the (NC) man behind the curtain...bwahahaha....we are sooooo skeered....NOT!!!!!!

You play a good game against a great team and you develop a sense of arrogance towards the rest of the Socon? Really Sammy? xnonono2x

BeauFoster
October 11th, 2008, 08:32 PM

Alexa??? Take it to the smack board.

Also, wait until you are over .500 to talk trash. Beating WCU is nothing to thump your chest about.

neersnbeers
October 11th, 2008, 08:40 PM

STFU newbie. Take it to the smack board.

appstate38
October 11th, 2008, 08:45 PM

Hey Captain Obivious, Just how many games do you think you will win if you can only hold opponents to 35 points. Plus, our defense has not been as strong since the 06 season. Any App fan understands that we have a bend but don't break D. Get a clue. As a side note, Samford did have a good game plan going in. The better team won. Period.

P.S. As far as owning us when you have to come to THE ROCK!!!! I don't think so. Ask some of our SoCon brethen about playing here.

ASUG8
October 11th, 2008, 09:39 PM

Congrats on your 18th post.
Still an L for Samford and sons, but keep trying.

elon77
October 11th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I told everyone that the score would be closer than the cit game.

sufanatic
October 11th, 2008, 10:04 PM
eh, ignore blazrdog...he's like that white speck on top of chicken$h!t...no matter how you look at it...its still $h!t. We don't even claim him.

Congrats to ASU on a well played game and the win.

appstate38
October 12th, 2008, 07:28 AM
eh, ignore blazrdog...he's like that white speck on top of chicken$h!t...no matter how you look at it...its still $h!t. We don't even claim him.

Congrats to ASU on a well played game and the win.

Samford is no push over. You guys had a great game plan and you came ready to play. The size of your O-line had me very concerned. I believe you will be in more games with chances to win than not. Welcome to the SoCon.

blazrdog#1
October 12th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Yeah banjo boy...WELCOME to the house that Bowden built...you NEED to be worried...because all of that messin around with your cousins IS catching up with your team...AND WE WILL WANT THAT PROPERTY TAX CHECK MADE PAYABLE TO PAT SULLIVAN!!

ASUG8
October 12th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Yeah banjo boy...WELCOME to the house that Bowden built...you NEED to be worried...because all of that messin around with your cousins IS catching up with your team...AND WE WILL WANT THAT PROPERTY TAX CHECK MADE PAYABLE TO PAT SULLIVAN!!

Read the TOS and take it to smack. This is discussion.

bobbythekidd
October 12th, 2008, 07:57 AM
20 posts into AGS and I can tell you are a tool.xnonono2x Clean up you act and try again. Geez.

ASU88
October 12th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Congrats on scoring a late TD to pull within 11. This is obviously some kind of victory for you, so I hope you enjoy it.

We'll be ready to welcome you to the rock next year. xsmashx

Appaholic
October 12th, 2008, 12:14 PM

Congrats on your WCU victory.....you guys really blazed new territory with that one.....BTW is that the same Bowden who's about to be run out of Clemson? the one who is sticking around to the detriment of his program so he can surpass JoePa? or the one who was run out of Auburn for banging the hired help.......

IndianaAppMan
October 12th, 2008, 12:51 PM

blazrdog#1,

the house that Bowden built is called Doak Campbell Stadium. In his 32 seasons as coach at FSU, the stadium's capacity has more than doubled. By comparison, he was Samford's coach for only 4 years. He turned FSU from a team that was 0-11, 1-10, and 3-8 the three years before he came, and was considering dropping the football program altogether, into a team that went into the Orange Bowl undefeated in his fourth season. His success at FSU since then is legendary.

His time at Howard College is comparably a footnote in his career. I don't know who you think you're fooling by saying Seibert is the house that Bowden built.

To the reasonable Samford fans out there:

I don't mean any of this as disrespect. I just think it's entirely inaccurate to call your stadium the House that Bowden Built. The stadium you sit in today is just far too simple for someone to claim it as the result of anything Bowden has done. Just call it what it is: the Home of the Samford Bulldogs.

IndianaAppMan
October 12th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Congrats on your WCU victory.....you guys really blazed new territory with that one.....BTW is that the same Bowden who's about to be run out of Clemson? the one who is sticking around to the detriment of his program so he can surpass JoePa? or the one who was run out of Auburn for banging the hired help.......

I've never heard anything bad about Terry Bowden, aside from Auburn fans who were mad when he resigned mid-season in 1998. Can you confirm anything about that supposed affair? Please don't cite "rumors" or anything from AGS.

SU DOG
October 12th, 2008, 01:13 PM
blazrdog#1,

the house that Bowden built is called Doak Campbell Stadium. In his 32 seasons as coach at FSU, the stadium's capacity has more than doubled. By comparison, he was Samford's coach for only 4 years. He turned FSU from a team that was 0-11, 1-10, and 3-8 the three years before he came, and was considering dropping the football program altogether, into a team that went into the Orange Bowl undefeated in his fourth season. His success at FSU since then is legendary.

His time at Howard College is comparably a footnote in his career. I don't know who you think you're fooling by saying Seibert is the house that Bowden built.

To the reasonable Samford fans out there:

I don't mean any of this as disrespect. I just think it's entirely inaccurate to call your stadium the House that Bowden Built. The stadium you sit in today is just far too simple for someone to claim it as the result of anything Bowden has done. Just call it what it is: the Home of the Samford Bulldogs.

Please don't mention blazerdog#1 and "reasonable Samford Fans" in the same column. We have NO clue when it comes to this rogue.xmadx
As for our stadium, there are plans to expand it to a 16,000 facility. It is in a beautiful setting and that move should put us in good shape. The field will be named Bobby Bowden field. Bobby was not only a coach for us, but was an All-American QB for the Bulldogs in his playing days. His wife was a cheerleader here.

Appaholic
October 12th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I've never heard anything bad about Terry Bowden, aside from Auburn fans who were mad when he resigned mid-season in 1998. Can you confirm anything about that supposed affair? Please don't cite "rumors" or anything from AGS.

My name is T-Man, I don't have to prove that he did, you have to prove that he didn't.....but seriously, I may have him confused with DuBose and should not have mentioned without ability to reference proof.....I should be called out for it.....how about ....

or is this the same Bowden that scrambled for the relative safety of ABC, then wasn't even considered for WVU job?