PDA

View Full Version : OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

UNHWildCats
October 8th, 2008, 04:08 PM
I WON!!!! I FREAKING WON!!!!!!

I HAVE WON THE RIGHT TO PURCHASE WORLD SERIES TICKETS AT FENWAY PARK!!!!!!!!!

HOLLLLLY HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Grizalltheway
October 8th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Too bad you didn't win the right to purchase WS tickets at Tropicana Field. xcoffeex

slycat
October 8th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Too bad they won't make it.

slycat
Cool that you have the chance though.

UNHWildCats
why i dont need expensive bookmarks :p

dungeonjoe
October 8th, 2008, 04:13 PM

does the right to purchase tickets also come with the ability to pay for those tickets? gotta be $500-1000 right?

UNHWildCats
October 8th, 2008, 04:14 PM
standing room $50 bleacher $100 plus $10 bus ride to boston :p

Dane96
October 8th, 2008, 04:14 PM
easily

UNHWildCats
October 8th, 2008, 04:15 PM
i got a credit card..... u know for emergencys... this surely qualifies

Besides I can buy 2.... can sell the second double face value and end up going for free lol

dungeonjoe
October 8th, 2008, 04:16 PM
standing room $50 bleacher $100 plus $10 bus ride to boston :p
congrats, hope it works for you!

UNHWildCats
October 8th, 2008, 04:18 PM
never been to a playoff game.... i had a chance in 2004 to buy ALCS tix... but i didnt...

Syntax Error
October 8th, 2008, 04:18 PM
... I can buy 2.... can sell the second double face value and end up going for free lolAmerica, what a country!! xthumbsupx

slycat
October 8th, 2008, 04:20 PM
i got a credit card..... u know for emergencys... this surely qualifies

Besides I can buy 2.... can sell the second double face value and end up going for free lol

Buy 4. Then you can take your bf on a date and sell a pair for a profit.

UNHWildCats
October 8th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Buy 4. Then you can take your bf on a date and sell a pair for a profit.
they limit it to two.... and ummm ya... that wont be happening xbawlingx

Grizzaholic
October 8th, 2008, 04:21 PM
America, what a country!! xthumbsupx

They don't allow that kind of thing in China.

Grizzaholic
October 8th, 2008, 04:22 PM
So...UNH, what if Boston doesn't make it? You still going?

UNHWildCats
October 8th, 2008, 04:23 PM
So...UNH, what if Boston doesn't make it? You still going?
whats this if Boston doesnt make it crap??? What planet are you from??? this aint 1919-2003 anymore xcoolx

slycat
October 8th, 2008, 04:24 PM
they limit it to two.... and ummm ya... that wont be happening xbawlingx

Whoops my bad.:o

Grizzaholic
October 8th, 2008, 04:28 PM
whats this if Boston doesnt make it crap??? What planet are you from??? this aint 1919-2003 anymore xcoolx

You know I give you crap about it all the time. It was an actual question. What if Boston doesn't make it to the WS, will you still go?

How many games can you go for?

UNHWildCats
October 8th, 2008, 04:30 PM
You know I give you crap about it all the time. It was an actual question. What if Boston doesn't make it to the WS, will you still go?

How many games can you go for?
if Boston dont make it I will be standing inline outside of Fenway til April xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx this aint like superbowl.... each team sells its own tickets and if they dont make it refund them.

Grizzaholic
October 8th, 2008, 04:32 PM
if Boston dont make it I will be standing inline outside of Fenway til April xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx this aint like superbowl.... each team sells its own tickets and if they dont make it refund them.

I see. I misunderstood. I thought you got WS tix to whatever game you wanted to go to.

UNHWildCats
October 8th, 2008, 04:32 PM
I had actually entered hoping to win for the ALDS when they would be less expensive.... i lost and they reenter you for ALCS drawing... I lost again and then they reenter for world series drawing.

UNHWildCats
October 8th, 2008, 04:33 PM
I see. I misunderstood. I thought you got WS tix to whatever game you wanted to go to.
i gotta choose game 1 2 6 or 7 and only if Boston is in.... safer to go with 1 or 2 so i know id see one

UMass922
October 8th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Nice! I just hope you're not jinxing things by making this announcement before the ALCS . . .

UNHWildCats
October 8th, 2008, 04:58 PM
well i gotta buy the tix friday before game 1 of the ALCS is een played.

ISUMatt
October 8th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Congrats Travis

SunCoastBlueHen
October 8th, 2008, 05:15 PM

Hopefully, I'll get to use my World Series tickets at the Trop instead. xcoolx

ISUMatt
October 8th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Word of advice, keep your WS Ticket Stub in mint condition, then after the game/series is over, you can probably get a good chunk of change for it on EBAY...I bought a WS ticket stub White Sox/Astros in 2005 for $60...Just a piece of memorabelia I HAD TO HAVE to add to my collection...Its right next to my 2003 All-Star Game tickets and my 1959 World Series Program between the White Sox and LA Dodgers!

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/6818/image001lg1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

YaleFootballFan
October 8th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Congrats Travis

Yeah man, that's awesome! xthumbsupx

ngineer
October 8th, 2008, 10:13 PM
never been to a playoff game.... i had a chance in 2004 to buy ALCS tix... but i didnt...

Congrats. Playoff baseball has a totally higher charged atmosphere. I was at the Phillies/Brewers game last week, and plan to be at the Dodgers game next weekend, if necessary. The World Series is another world. Got to attend Phils/Blue Jays game in 1993 when Schilling had the great 2-0 shutout that sent the series back to the Toronto and the fateful Wild Thing's delivery to Joe Carter.... I'm looking forward to a Philllies/Red Sox Series..Two of the old traditional teams from 'way back'.

chantster
October 8th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Congrats Travis! xthumbsupx

grizband
October 8th, 2008, 11:09 PM
So Travis, what happens if you purchase the tickets, then the Sox don't make the series? Will you get a refund, or are you just s.o.l at that point?

UNHWildCats
October 8th, 2008, 11:12 PM
So Travis, what happens if you purchase the tickets, then the Sox don't make the series? Will you get a refund, or are you just s.o.l at that point?
they refund u if they dont make it. unless u buy from a third party, then u s.o.l

Cobblestone
October 9th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Congrats and enjoy; they'll be there, don't you worry.

But I have to say when I saw the title on this thread I thought perhaprs you won a date with B.D. Wong.

andy7171
October 9th, 2008, 09:07 AM

Yeah they refund you. I had Oriole season tickets in 1996 and 1997 and they made you buy tickets for ALDS, ALCS and WS tickets. I got refunded for the ALDS(F'ing Jeffery Maher) and WS in 96 and WS in 97(F'in Armando). xbawlingx

Marcus Garvey
October 9th, 2008, 11:58 AM

Congratulations. But, while you're there, be real careful that you don't bump into Tommy from Quinzee (http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/tag/tommy-from-quinzee). He doesn't seem like a tolerant soul!
xlolx xlolx xlolx

AshevilleApp2
October 9th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Congratulations!! No offense, but I hope you don't get the chance. Go Rays!

EmeryZach
October 9th, 2008, 12:21 PM
First off I hope the Rays beat you down and humiliate you. Second, on the off chance that you actually win the ALCS I hope someone steals your tickets on your way to the games. Best of luck though xsmiley_wix xlolx

UNHWildCats
October 9th, 2008, 12:24 PM
First off I hope the Rays beat you down and humiliate you. Second, on the off chance that you actually win the ALCS I hope someone steals your tickets on your way to the games. Best of luck though xsmiley_wix xlolx
Due to the recent crack down on those who violate the AGS TOS I cant say what I want to say right now, but you have a UMass vocabulary so use your imagination, im sure you can come pretty close to what it is I would say.

EmeryZach
October 9th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Bitter Yankees fan, what do you expect? Doesn't help that you hate UMass.

EmeryZach
October 9th, 2008, 12:38 PM
I don't see what the big deal is really. I mean I went to 6 different World Series and it wasn't that exciting. xthumbsupx xnodx

andy7171
October 10th, 2008, 07:01 AM
I don't see what the big deal is really. I mean I went to 6 different World Series and it wasn't that exciting. xthumbsupx xnodx

I didn't realize that you were that old. :p

UNHWildCats
October 10th, 2008, 11:55 AM
well i got the tickets, but since im soon gonna be in desperate need of money im going to try selling them... I listed them on stubhub... if they dont sell I will go to the game.

andy7171
October 10th, 2008, 12:17 PM
well i got the tickets, but since im soon gonna be in desperate need of money im going to try selling them... I listed them on stubhub... if they dont sell I will go to the game.

If they end up playing the Phillies, I buy em from you!

bandl
October 10th, 2008, 12:18 PM

And I'll double his offer so that Andy can't go !!!! xsmiley_wix

Grizzaholic
October 10th, 2008, 12:18 PM

Are you going to wait until you find out if the sox make it to the WS before you sell them? Kind of a _______ think to do to somebody if you don't. I mean not that you would, but can the person that you sell the tix to be reimbursed?

OL FU
October 10th, 2008, 12:20 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

that's just gayxrolleyesx

:p :D xsmiley_wix

UNHWildCats
October 10th, 2008, 12:21 PM
cant exactly wait then you dont have time to do it.... from what i understand stubhub holds the payment until non guaranteed events become official and so forth.

UNHWildCats
October 10th, 2008, 12:21 PM

And I'll double his offer so that Andy can't go !!!! xsmiley_wix
there listed for $800 each on stubhub lol

Grizzaholic
October 10th, 2008, 12:23 PM
cant exactly wait then you dont have time to do it.... from what i understand stubhub holds the payment until non guaranteed events become official and so forth.

That is a good policy!xthumbsupx Good luck on selling them and making a buck or two.

UNHWildCats
October 10th, 2008, 12:24 PM
That is a good policy!xthumbsupx Good luck on selling them and making a buck or two.
or 500 or 600 lol

SunCoastBlueHen
October 10th, 2008, 12:30 PM
So the celebratory title of the thread was more about the potential to make a few hundred bucks and less about the opportunity to see the Series? xeyebrowx

UNHWildCats
October 10th, 2008, 12:32 PM
So the celebratory title of the thread was more about the potential to make a few hundred bucks and less about the opportunity to see the Series? xeyebrowx
no my situation has deteriorated drastically over the past 24 hours.... im going to be in need of some cash soon so.......

andy7171
October 10th, 2008, 12:39 PM
there listed for $800 each on stubhub lol

F that. I thought we was brothers or some such *****. :p

SunCoastBlueHen
October 10th, 2008, 12:41 PM
no my situation has deteriorated drastically over the past 24 hours.... im going to be in need of some cash soon so.......

Understood.

I'm sure better times are around the corner for you, Travis. xthumbsupx xpeacex

UNHWildCats
October 10th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Understood.

I'm sure better times are around the corner for you, Travis. xthumbsupx xpeacex

my initial plan was to sell one and use the other.... but since I will soon not have a place to live... more cash will be better xlolx xlolx

SunCoastBlueHen
October 10th, 2008, 12:49 PM
my initial plan was to sell one and use the other.... but since I will soon not have a place to live... more cash will be better xlolx xlolx

My brother in law is looking for a roommate, if you wanna give St. Pete a try.

Who knows, you may become a Rays fan. ;)

Marcus Garvey
October 20th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Here ya go. These should go well with your 2008 Red Sox World Series Tickets:

http://seth.com/images/collection_pages/memorabilia/36_pic1.jpg

Go...gate
October 20th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Here ya go. These should go well with your 2008 Red Sox World Series Tickets:

http://seth.com/images/collection_pages/memorabilia/36_pic1.jpg

Ouch. You might want to add the Sox 1978 and Mets 2006 WS tix.

Grizalltheway
October 20th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Too bad you didn't win the right to purchase WS tickets at Tropicana Field. xcoffeex

Love it when I'm right/witty. :D

AZGrizFan
October 20th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Love it when I'm right/witty. :D

Even a broke clock is right twice a day. xsmhx :p

UNHWildCats
October 20th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Even a broke clock is right twice a day. xsmhx :p
thats the only reason u wake up everyday :p