PDA

View Full Version : FCS Players Invited to all-star games

smallcollegefbfan
October 6th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Cal Poly WR Ramses Barden received an invite to the East-West Shrine game today and is expected to accept this week.

Others who have given bowl games acceptances to date are:

CB Domonique Johnson, Jackson State- Texas vs. Nation
RB Javarris Williams, Tennessee State- Texas vs. Nation

QB Rhett Bomar of Sam Houston State and RB Rashad Jennings of Liberty have invites and games are waiting to hear word on them accepting.

LB Andy Schantz of Portland State, LB Jason Williams of Western Illinois, QB Nathan Brown of Central Arkansas, OT Nick Hennessey of Colgate and a few others are also possible additions to all-star game rosters over the next week or so.

smallcollegefbfan
October 8th, 2008, 12:24 PM
I just recently found out that Bomar and Brown are both being considered for the Senior Bowl and one of them will likely be invited in the next month or so.

BEAR
October 8th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Brown's gonna wipe Bomars chances out this weekend...oh wait....this isn't the smack board...nevermind..can I erase this?....xlolx

I had heard that Bomar was invited and they are waiting on his acceptance. xrulesx

smallcollegefbfan
October 8th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Brown's gonna wipe Bomars chances out this weekend...oh wait....this isn't the smack board...nevermind..can I erase this?....xlolx

I had heard that Bomar was invited and they are waiting on his acceptance. xrulesx

Bomar was not invited to the Senior Bowl that I know of. He was invited to another game. I would be surprised if Bomar is not invited to the Senior Bowl since he is apparently skyrocketing up boards from what I heard. I have heard as high as 2nd-3rd round on him. It wouldn't be a shock at all if he is a top 60 draft pick.

aust42
October 8th, 2008, 06:38 PM
We're not even half way thru the season yet and their handing out All-Star invites?

TexasTerror
October 8th, 2008, 07:04 PM
We're not even half way thru the season yet and their handing out All-Star invites?

When so many of these "All-Star" games are trying to seek out the best players, it gets earlier and earlier every year...to be the best, sometimes it's persistence and being in line first...

smallcollegefbfan
October 8th, 2008, 07:45 PM

I read somewhere online that a LB from Nevada was invited to the Shrine about a month or so ago. There are always a handful of players invited in August or early September every year.

smallcollegefbfan
October 8th, 2008, 07:46 PM
When so many of these "All-Star" games are trying to seek out the best players, it gets earlier and earlier every year...to be the best, sometimes it's persistence and being in line first...

There are just 3 bowl games this year with the Senior Bowl, Shrine, and Texas vs. Nation games. With just 3 games I'm sure there will be major talent since in them since there won't be as many as years past.

Hoyadestroya85
October 8th, 2008, 11:02 PM
no hula bowl this year?

Retro
October 8th, 2008, 11:12 PM
The senior bowl doesn't extend invites until December and since it is the premier all-star game, most players wait to see if they get an invite their first...

appfan2008
October 9th, 2008, 07:19 AM
i am surprised they are getting invited this early...

smallcollegefbfan
October 9th, 2008, 07:29 AM
no hula bowl this year?

Nope. It folded.

smallcollegefbfan
October 9th, 2008, 07:31 AM
The senior bowl doesn't extend invites until December and since it is the premier all-star game, most players wait to see if they get an invite their first...

Actually, the Senior Bowl has invited a few players already. You can look online and see that a CB from Maryland has accepted an invite to it. They invite most of their players in late November and December but there have already been a few players invited. There is really no set date as to when these games invite players. They gradually invite them throughout the season.

smallcollegefbfan
October 9th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Add Colgate OT Nick Hennessey to Texas vs. Nation game. There are more invites coming over the next few weeks.