Let's have 'm

UMass at Northeastern
William & Mary at New Hampshire
Hofstra at Bucknel
Rhode Island at Towson
James Madison at Richmond
Maine at Delaware

Villanova with a bye this week.

UMass at Northeastern. I'm going with Northeastern in this one. Their playaction worked wonders against a questionable team in Towson, and I'd expect more of the same at home. I don't know which UMass defense to expect, but winning on the road is never easy in the CAA and I think Northeastern is capable of winning this game, at home at least (not that Parson's is a particularly good home field advantage).

William and Mary at New Hampshire. I'll take the Wildcats here because they're at home, but I'm not comfortable with it. William and Mary has not lost to UNH in the Sean McDonell era, and they've ruined a wealth of perfect seasons in the past. If Phillips is healthy, W&M will score points, though I don't expect Grimes to do much damage with our run defense. If UNH wins, it'll be something like 48-41. UNH could stand a strong performance considering 'Nova's effort at W&M, as it ought to quiet some doubters.

Hofstra at Bucknell. I'll go with Hofstra. Frankly know nothing about Bucknell, but Hofstra's been better than expected without Savage.

URI at Towson. URI. I wasn't impressed with what I saw from Towson, and I think URI will pass all over them, particularly considering their surprising blowout of Brown last week.

James Madison at Richmond. I would've never thought I'd think this, but I think James Madison goes into Richmond and takes this game. Richmond needs it more, obviously, because they'll pick up their third loss with this one, but JMU seems to be clicking on all cylinders. I think it'll be a tight one, maybe something like 21-20, but I think the #1 team will find a way. Richmond is well on their way to being the best team in the country that misses out on the playoffs. If Richmond can win this one, it will throw the CAA (and the rankings) into utter chaos.

Maine at Delaware. I don't know what to do with Delaware anymore. They're not going to score many points on Maine, but Maine's not going to score much versus Delaware, either. I'll say 10-6, pick'em (Delaware, I guess).

Lots of entertaining games on the dockett. JMU/Richmond is the highlight, but the UNH, UMass and Delaware games should all be close, too.

andy7171
October 6th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Anyone have any rope I could borrow?

89Hen
October 6th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Good week last week...

UMass 35 - Northeastern 21
New Hampshire 42 - William & Mary 28
Hofstra 24 - Bucknell 14
Rhode Island 31 - Towson 28
James Madison 31 - Richmond 30
Delaware 17 - Maine 14

Tribe4SF
October 6th, 2008, 09:36 AM

Hang in there, Andy!:D

Pitz
October 6th, 2008, 09:55 AM
UMASS 35, Northeastern 34
UNH 40, W&M 31
Hofstra 37, Bucknell 27
URI 38, Towson 31
JMU 41, Richmond 38
Delaware 17, Maine 10

alexale23
October 6th, 2008, 09:56 AM

Fresh out gave it all to a delaware fan try again next week. But u better get it before montana fan shows up

appfan2008
October 6th, 2008, 10:16 AM
UMass at Northeastern
Hofstra at Bucknel
Rhode Island at Towson
Maine at Delaware

elcid96
October 6th, 2008, 10:28 AM
UMass at Northeastern
Hofstra at Bucknel
Rhode Island at Towson
Maine at Delaware

Eight Legger
October 6th, 2008, 01:03 PM
UMass 27 - Northeastern 20
William & Mary 38 - New Hampshire 35
Hofstra 28 - Bucknell 10
Rhode Island 34 - Towson 21
Richmond 72 - JMU -3 (only so you can post it on your board, JMU fans)
Delaware 24 - Maine 17

mainejeff
October 6th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Delaware by 3 TDs over Maine.....minimum.

Welcome to the Jack Cosgrove farewell tour! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

xcoffeex

SunCoastBlueHen
October 6th, 2008, 01:16 PM

Welcome to the Jack Cosgrove farewell tour! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

xcoffeex

I think it is unlikely the Hens score that many defensive touchdowns.

89Hen
October 6th, 2008, 01:16 PM
xconfusedx That would mean the Hens have to score at least three TD's. xeyebrowx xbawlingx xsmhx

GannonFan
October 6th, 2008, 01:18 PM
xconfusedx That would mean the Hens have to score at least three TD's. xeyebrowx xbawlingx xsmhx

Or 7 field goals!!!!! I think Striefsky up to the task, now only if the defense can get us 7 turnovers right in field goal range we should be set! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xsmhx

Turfwar
October 6th, 2008, 01:35 PM
This is the game where Richmond slows Landers down a bit, not I said slows, he will not get more than 85 yards, but I think by doing so they overlook the ridiculous backfield setup, the short passes to the backfield, and the option routes, and therefore I see JMU taking the time of poz big, and winning this game 35 - 21

Last year we saw Richmond shut down JMU in many ways, JMU made many young mistakes, but this year JMU has experience, confidence, and will take the V to the bye week.

Kick it to Scotty, PLEASE!!!!!!

StrikeJMU
October 6th, 2008, 01:51 PM
UMass 27 - Northeastern 20
William & Mary 38 - New Hampshire 35
Hofstra 28 - Bucknell 10
Rhode Island 34 - Towson 21
Delaware 24 - Maine 17

Richmond 72 - JMU 3

Thats impossible...JMU doesn't kick field goals.

Eight Legger
October 6th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Richmond 72 - JMU 3

Read it again...I said "-3". You lose points for premature streamers.

ccd494
October 6th, 2008, 01:53 PM
This conference schedule is fricking ridiculous.

We do get to play Northeastern, URI or Hofstra at some point right?

Cripes.

StrikeJMU
October 6th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Sorry for giving you more credit for mistyping than creating an imaginary/impossible score. Trust me, it won't happen again.

GannonFan
October 6th, 2008, 02:54 PM
William and Mary 35 New Hampshire 52: Well, apparently all is not quite different in Williamsburg. Although Phillips didn’t play, W&M still showed no improvement defensively over the issues they had last year in their loss to nova. They are still a team with offensive firepower, and Phillips would’ve made that nova game more interesting, but unless they can stop people they aren’t going to win a lot. And if you can’t stop New Hampshire, you just need to forget about winning, as UNH can score with the best of them. A shootout in Durham should ensue with the Wildcats staying undefeated.

James Madison 34 Richmond 35: Feature game of the weekend in the CAA sees cross state rivals facing each other again. Richmond won a tight battle in Harrisonburg last year to avenge a JMU win in Richmond the year before. Plenty of JMU fans local to Richmond should be in attendance, turning a normally subdued venue into something more fitting the caliber of the matchup. JMU rolled over hapless Hofstra last week, but I’m still not sold on JMU’s defense. As UMass showed, you can move the ball against JMU, both pass and run, and that’s what Richmond wants to do. And to beat JMU you have to be able to play run defense and make Landers put the ball in the air. Richmond’s lone loss to an FCS team came a few weeks back on the road at nova, a team that can stuff the run and play very good overally defense, and they challenged Ward to beat them in the air and nova pulled out a 6 point win. JMU won’t be able to replicate what nova did and Richmond will move the ball and get their points. And whereas nova’s offense was fairly balanced, Richmond will be able to solely focus on stopping JMU’s ground game. Richmond’s going to be a desperate team as they already have two losses and a loss here would mean they would have to run the table the rest of the way to feel good about making the playoffs. Another close game, but I give it to the team that’s up against the wall and at home.

Hofstra 21 Bucknell 24: You almost have to pick against the Patriot League anymore but Hofstra’s ineptitude is something you can’t ignore, and I’m not even referencing their big loss last week to JMU. Hofstra’s struggled in most every game this year, to the point of even losing at home to Albany. Playing a road game in Lewisburg right after a brutal loss to JMU isn’t a happy road trip. I’m not sure I see Hofstra winning again this year, and you have to wonder about Cohen’s job security on the Island if that’s the case. This is a game they could win, but I’m going against them.

UMass 35 Northeasern 10: Sure, Northeastern’s been pretty scrappy this year, but they never, ever beat UMass. The game’s are normally close so the score is probably wrong, but you have to be a real gambling man to think about taking the Huskies in this one – and I don’t gamble so I’m going with UMass.

Rhode Island 35 Towson 10: URI did the conference proud last week in taking state bragging rights from Brown. Things are looking upbeat in Kingston after the dark and gloomy Stowers days. However, the same can’t be said of Towson. They just aren’t a good team and I can’t see them being any better than a double digit underdog in every game they have left. The end of the season can’t get here fast enough for Towson.

Maine 7 Delaware 28: The last time UD went onto the field they apparently forgot to bring the offense. Bad playcalling and very bad QB play have plagued UD in all 3 losses this year. However, their defense has been spectacular. While they give up yardage, they don’t give up points. Last week UD’s D held UMass in check, only allowing 3 offensive points for the final 57 minutes of the game and harassing Coen into multiple picks. Maine comes in off a bye but has struggled to beat a good team all year and has an awful history of playing in Newark. Cosgrove continues what many hope is his swan song for the Black Bears and the Hens prevail under the lights at home.

GP91HEN
October 6th, 2008, 03:14 PM
UD 2 Maine 0

Macorelle hits 2-2 pitch over right centerfield wall for 9th inning walkoff homer.....uummmm.......... Sorry, wrong sport, but same score.:D

Old Cage
October 6th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Wren - Northeastern is never at home when they play UMass. They have invited our band - all 375 of them - to come. Right there we have their fans outnumbered by quite a bit.

GannonFan
October 6th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Wren - Northeastern is never at home when they play UMass. They have invited our band - all 375 of them - to come. Right there we have their fans outnumbered by quite a bit.

Are they going to take turns squeezing into the stands then???? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

GeeWiz
October 6th, 2008, 04:13 PM
UMass 35Northeasern 10: Sure, Northeastern’s been pretty scrappy this year, but they never, ever beat UMass. The game’s are normally close so the score is probably wrong, but you have to be a real gambling man to think about taking the Huskies in this one – and I don’t gamble so I’m going with UMass.

Obviously, I can't disagree with the history of this match-up, however, the same used to be said about NU and UNH.

I think our two FBS games prepare us for this game.

That being said ...

UMass 35 NU 27 - I think NU matches up well with UMass this year, but UMass still has players who know how to win games

UNH 41 W&M 31 - W&M still can't stop any one on defense while the Wildcats play just enough "D" to win games

Hofstra 30 Bucknell 24 - I think HU will rebound just like they did against Stony Brook and win a game no one thinks they will

URI 35 Towson 31 - Both teams have no running game so it makes for a lot of passes and scores, however, URI is a litter better on defense

Richmond 28 JMU 24 - The Spiders are a desperate team and will get a key defensive turnover late to preserve a close win at home

UD 21 Maine 10 - The UD defense is just too tough at home for the Dirty Cubs

Kymermosst
October 6th, 2008, 04:50 PM
UMass - Northeastern - The deciding factor for me here is admittedly that our band is making the trip. Bringing at least 400 fans to Parson's, especially with drums, takes the edge off and makes it feel more like a home game for UMass.
William & Mary - New Hampshire - I find myself with an uncomfortable level of respect for UNH this year, but I don't think W&M has what it takes up in Durham this week.
Hofstra - Bucknell - No real reason other than hoping Hofstra will put up a good showing.
Rhode Island - Towson - URI has the ability to show up and play, or show up and get rolled. Unfortunately for Towson, they don't seem to have what it takes to roll over anyone this year.
Delaware - Maine - It's hard to not like Delaware at home, and it's hard to like Maine anywhere.
Richmond - JMU - Easily the CAA, if not national GotW. JMU plays well everywhere but is noticably better at home. UR plays pretty well against the top teams, and well at home. Neither result would surprise me from this one, but I'm warily giving the edge to the home team this time.

Maroon&White
October 6th, 2008, 05:46 PM
UMass - Northeastern - The deciding factor for me here is admittedly that our band is making the trip. Bringing at least 400 fans to Parson's, especially with drums, takes the edge off and makes it feel more like a home game for UMass.

The band is going to be the difference? Come on. Band or not, UMass has lost once to NU since 1984. Its nice the band will be going, but they won't make much of a difference. The game will be decided on the field, not by the drums xnonono2x

Why did they choose to go to that game anyways?

HensRock
October 6th, 2008, 06:18 PM
I predict Robby Schoenhoft has a mysterious injury this week and Lou Ritacco gets the start against Maine.

I like UD, UR, NU, and UNH at home (although it's going to be a shoot-out in Durham)

... URI and Hofstra on the road.

Ivytalk
October 6th, 2008, 06:27 PM
William & Mary - New Hampshire - I find myself with an uncomfortable level of respect for UNH this year, but I don't think W&M has what it takes up in Durham this week.
Hofstra - Bucknell - No real reason other than hoping Hofstra will put up a good showing.
Rhode Island - Towson - URI has the ability to show up and play, or show up and get rolled. Unfortunately for Towson, they don't seem to have what it takes to roll over anyone this year.
Delaware - Maine - It's hard to not like Delaware at home, and it's hard to like Maine anywhere.
Richmond - JMU - Easily the CAA, if not national GotW. JMU plays well everywhere but is noticably better at home. UR plays pretty well against the top teams, and well at home. Neither result would surprise me from this one, but I'm warily giving the edge to the home team this time.

Agreed, except I like JMU ovah the Spidahs in a nail-bitah.

JmuSkinsfan
October 6th, 2008, 06:48 PM
I love it. No one is giving JMU love. But it's okay. And stop calling it a UR home game. It might be on their home field but they sure as hell won't have a home field advantage. JMU will have at least as many fans.

I know...dead horse...

But it needs to be cleared up if you are picking UR because of HFA

th0m
October 6th, 2008, 06:53 PM
It may be at "Bridgeforth East", but even with a large number of JMU fans there, it can never match the intensity of a true home game. Of course, I'm glad that as many JMU fans as possible will try to prove me wrong!

Eight Legger
October 6th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I love it. No one is giving JMU love. But it's okay. And stop calling it a UR home game. It might be on their home field but they sure as hell won't have a home field advantage. JMU will have at least as many fans.

I know...dead horse...

But it needs to be cleared up if you are picking UR because of HFA

No, here's what needs to be cleared up. UR WILL have more fans there than you, just like we did two years ago, just like we always do against you. Period. I am not discounting your ability to bring fans, but you won't have more than us, so please quit acting like you will. Now let's drop it.xbangx

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 6th, 2008, 07:55 PM
No, here's what needs to be cleared up. UR WILL have more fans there than you, just like we did two years ago, just like we always do against you. Period. I am not discounting your ability to bring fans, but you won't have more than us, so please quit acting like you will. Now let's drop it.xbangx

Legger, let it go. I know its a real buzzkill that every thread about the game is bombarded with the 'who will have more fans' questions. You can kill one, but it will only spawn 2 more. There are at least 3 threads on here about it already and its only Monday.

DTSpider was the only guy that tried to ask serious questions about X's and O's and they were ignored.

Here's my prediction for the game: I will drink more beer than any JMU fan that comes.

Another prediction: I will do a better job grilling bratwurst than any of the JMU fans.

Third Prediction: A number of JMU fans will get frustrated with the lack of parking.

I think that is the type of stuff they are looking for. Just go with it. xcoolx

StrikeJMU
October 6th, 2008, 08:08 PM
you getting drunk and fat? seems like fair predictions to me.

StrikeJMU
October 6th, 2008, 08:12 PM
I know Richmond is concentrated on Landers but if I were them I'd watch out for our wide receivers also. They may not get thrown to often but once they catch the ball they are FAST and elusive.

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 6th, 2008, 08:14 PM
UMass 21 at Northeastern 17. Don Brown teams win games when they have to do so
William & Mary 28 at New Hampshire 42. Home field and homecoming crowd for the 'Cats helps break the Bill & Mary jinx. Of course, if Kackert doesn't dress, then the score is even closer.
Hofstra 17 at Bucknell 10. Hofstra proves any CAA is better than any PL
Rhode Island 38 at Towson 17 . New era for URI football has begun
James Madison 28 at Richmond 27. Game of the year?
Maine 10at Delaware 14. Tough luck, near miss loss for the Bears

Villanova, Bye

CollegeObserver
October 6th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Legger, let it go. I know its a real buzzkill that every thread about the game is bombarded with the 'who will have more fans' questions. You can kill one, but it will only spawn 2 more. There are at least 3 threads on here about it already and its only Monday.

DTSpider was the only guy that tried to ask serious questions about X's and O's and they were ignored.

Here's my prediction for the game: I will drink more beer than any JMU fan that comes.

Another prediction: I will do a better job grilling bratwurst than any of the JMU fans.

Third Prediction: A number of JMU fans will get frustrated with the lack of parking.

I think that is the type of stuff they are looking for. Just go with it. xcoolx

Pace yourself, BH-CE. And, don't be intimidated by the streamers and the big band!

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 6th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Pace yourself, BH-CE. And, don't be intimidated by the streamers and the big band!

I'll do my best. Please check in every hour, on the hour. I don't want you to succumb the wrist-slitting re: Shoenhoft like the rest of BHN. xdohx

JmuSkinsfan
October 6th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I'll take a crack at the whole JMU - UR prediction thing.

Landers is elusive. There really is no definite way to stop him. He is one of the best at zone reads out of the spread and this has resulted in numerous 100+ yard rushing games for him this year. However, if you look beyond Lander's personal stats, notice that Eugene Holloman and Griff Yancey both end up with about 60-70 yards each.

Most of those yards come out of the zone reads where Landers gives the ball off rather than keep it himself. It definitely keeps defenses on their toes. Also, we have been using Kerby Long (r-fr) in motion. Ask ASU about how effective that was. Down 24-14, Long took an end around for about 15 yards into ASU territory. On the next play JMU ran the same motion, but Landers faked to Long and looked to take it himself. Instead, he popped back after faking the gut run and threw a pass over the middle to a wide open Griff Yancey. Yes, Landers gets a ton of carries, but if you look beyond his statistics you will see that he sets up almost all of our other plays by his deception.

You can key on him, and if you can shut him down, then yes, he will eventually have to hit some throws over the middle or down the field to stretch drives. However, when asked to do this, he hasn't messed up too badly. No one is going to say that Landers is a great passer, but the notion that he CAN'T throw just isn't true. When he needs to, he will make the play down the field.

jlcharles
October 7th, 2008, 11:27 AM
UMass-24at Northeastern-21
William & Mary-24 at New Hampshire-41
Hofstra-17 at Bucknell-24
Rhode Island-31 at Towson-13
James Madison - 29 at Richmond - 27 - I see these two taking it to OT and it coming down to a stopped 2 point conversion. Honestly a toss up, but I guess i had to pick someone.
Maine-10 at Delaware-13

Villanova keeps the bye to negative rushing yards.

andy7171
October 7th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Read it again...I said "-3". You lose points for premature streamers.
HAHA! I hate those streamers! xmadx

This conference schedule is fricking ridiculous.

We do get to play Northeastern, URI or Hofstra at some point right?

Cripes.
Wanna switch divisions?

Sorry for giving you more credit for mistyping than creating an imaginary/impossible score. Trust me, it won't happen again.
Lame. xrolleyesx :p

andy7171
October 7th, 2008, 11:34 AM
UMass at Northeastern - could be a shoot out, I liked NU's TE play last weekend
William & Mary at New Hampshire - home field advantage
Hofstra at Bucknell - Bucky seems to be on track this year, first real test against an injury ridden H
Rhode Island at Towson - praying for the last legit chance at a win xbawlingx
James Madison at Richmond - just because I was reminded of the streamers
Maine at Delaware - I want to pick Maine, but my head says not in Newark

jus10asu
October 7th, 2008, 11:57 AM
UMass at Northeastern
Hofstra at Bucknell
Rhode Island at Towson
Maine at Delaware

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 7th, 2008, 01:30 PM
James Madison at Richmond - just because I was reminded of the streamers

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

http://lh4.ggpht.com/neo121/Ru681gITUkI/AAAAAAAAAoY/kSuMiG_ig-Q/yoda_biography_3%5B7%5D.jpg

xsmiley_wix

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 7th, 2008, 01:33 PM
UMass at Northeastern
Hofstra at Bucknell
Rhode Island at Towson
Maine at Delaware

bluehenbillk
October 7th, 2008, 01:51 PM
UMass at Northeastern - Huskies always play them close though
William & Mary at New Hampshire Tribe is a fraud
Hofstra at Bucknell Never pick a Patriot to beat a CAA team
Rhode Island at Towson Tigers are horrible
James Madison at Richmond Great game, better D wins
Maine at Delaware Boring game, no offense here.

JMU DUUUKES
October 7th, 2008, 01:52 PM
So 90% of everyone thinks Richmond wins, i like that. I would much rather be underdog.

But it is funny that the ONE good team UofR played (Nova) beat them. We've played 2 great teams ranked in top 5 at the time, and beat them both.

Cobblestone
October 7th, 2008, 01:58 PM
UMass at Northeastern
Hofstra at Bucknel
Rhode Island at Towson <<-- I'll break more glass if we lose this one.
Maine at Delaware

DTSpider
October 7th, 2008, 02:07 PM
So 90% of everyone thinks Richmond wins, i like that. I would much rather be underdog.

But it is funny that the ONE good team UofR played (Nova) beat them. We've played 2 great teams ranked in top 5 at the time, and beat them both.

Richmond did dominate an Elon team on the road that is ranked #6. I think that most people would consider them good.

UD77
October 7th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I predict Robby Schoenhoft has a mysterious injury this week and Lou Ritacco gets the start against Maine.

Like a small concussion (as stated after the Umess game)

GannonFan
October 7th, 2008, 02:24 PM

Richmond did dominate an Elon team on the road that is ranked #6. I think that most people would consider them good.

Yup, can't forget Elon. And UR played both Elon and nova on the road while JMU got UMass and Appy St at home. Richmond's the home team this time. And who knows how good UMass really is, still have to see about that. nova, on the other hand, might be the best team either UR or JMU has faced, and UR only lost by 6, on the road. Just saying.

Eight Legger
October 7th, 2008, 02:26 PM

So far 18 people have made predictions on this game in this thread. The results are 9 for JMU, 9 for UR. I am not sure how you get 90% of people picking UR to win from that, but maybe they teach George Bush's fuzzy math in Harrisonburg.

As to your other points, you might not realize that other teams besides App State also play in the SoCon, and we beat one of them on the road 28-10. They are now ranked sixth and are 5-1. And calling UMass a "great" team looks a little bit silly right now, wouldn't you say?

89Hen
October 7th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Two new candidates for the blinded by devotion award:

I love it. No one is giving JMU love.

Uh, fellas....

JMU

James Madison goes into Richmond and takes this game.

James Madison 31 - Richmond 30

JMU 41, Richmond 38

JMU ovah the Spidahs

James Madison 28 at Richmond 27

James Madison - 29 at Richmond - 27

89Hen
October 7th, 2008, 02:28 PM
So far 18 people have made predictions on this game in this thread. The results are 9 for JMU, 9 for UR. I am not sure how you get 90% of people picking UR to win from that, but maybe they teach George Bush's fuzzy math in Harrisonburg.
xlolx You caught that too. :p

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 7th, 2008, 02:30 PM

As to your other points, you might not realize that other teams besides App State also play in the SoCon, and we beat one of them on the road 28-10. They are now ranked sixth and are 5-1. And calling UMass a "great" team looks a little bit silly right now, wouldn't you say?

Easy re: W. Also, Easy re: Umass. We get them next week.

Let's be honest JMU has bagged a bigger win than either of us: ASU.

That said, I think Villanova is still vastly underrated and we won't be feeling bad about that loss when the season is through. Talley, while a smugster, may be the best coach in the CAA and they are good at all 3 facets of the game.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 7th, 2008, 02:31 PM

Easy re: W. Also, Easy re: Umass. We get them next week.

Let's be honest JMU has bagged a bigger win than either of us: ASU.

That said, I think Villanova is still vastly underrated and we won't be feeling bad about that loss when the season is through. Talley, while a smugster, may be the best coach in the CAA and they are solid at all 3 facets of the game. They didn't get our best game and I hope we get to play them again.

EmeryZach
October 7th, 2008, 03:00 PM
UMass 24 - Northeastern 17 - It's going to be sunny and 62. UMass weather.
UNH 14 - W&M 10 - I still think the Tribe is better than they are playing.
Hofstra 31 - Bucknell 7 - Hofstra is too strong for the Bison.
Towson 31 - URI 28 - Tigers wins it at home.
JMU 35 - Richmond 27 - JMU, my National Champion pick, wins another big game.
Delaware 14 - Maine 13 - Blue Hens are better than they look, but not by much.

PurpleandGold
October 7th, 2008, 03:02 PM
I think folks are short selling JMU's defense. They gave up plenty to UMASS and ASU, but held them when needed. ASU scored just 11 points in the second half. Also, Hofstra may not be a powerhouse, but they did put up 40+ on Stony Brook two weeks ago, so they can score, and they got shut out last week by that lax JMU defense.

GannonFan
October 7th, 2008, 03:28 PM
I think folks are short selling JMU's defense. They gave up plenty to UMASS and ASU, but held them when needed. ASU scored just 11 points in the second half. Also, Hofstra may not be a powerhouse, but they did put up 40+ on Stony Brook two weeks ago, so they can score, and they got shut out last week by that lax JMU defense.

Hofstra managed to put up, at home, only 16 points in an overtime game against Albany. Two weeks later, the entity that tries to claim it is an offense that UD puts on the field scored 38 points in a 4 quarter game against the same Albany defense, and knelt on the ball inside the 5 yard line to end the game, otherwise it could've been 45 points.

To wit, you can't honestly be trying to hold up Hofstra's offense as something impressive to shut down (btw, 26 of Hofstra's 43 points against SB came on turnovers, including a fumble recovery for a touchdown and a field goal that came after Hofstra got the ball on the 4 yard line following a turnover and failed to move the ball a yard in 3 tries). xcoffeex

PurpleandGold
October 7th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I did mention that Hofstra is not a powerhouse. Completely shutting out any CAA offense isn't something done easily by a terrible defense. I'm not saying that the Hofstra game suggests that JMU has a stellar defense, only that it suggests that they have a defense capable of getting the job done and shouldn't be written off so quickly.

Uncle Buck
October 7th, 2008, 06:39 PM

Hang in there brother 'cause i know your pain. When we're not getting our balls kicked in, we're self-destructing on our own. xsmhx

Uncle Buck
October 7th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Hofstra managed to put up, at home, only 16 points in an overtime game against Albany. Two weeks later, the entity that tries to claim it is an offense that UD puts on the field scored 38 points in a 4 quarter game against the same Albany defense, and knelt on the ball inside the 5 yard line to end the game, otherwise it could've been 45 points.

To wit, you can't honestly be trying to hold up Hofstra's offense as something impressive to shut down (btw, 26 of Hofstra's 43 points against SB came on turnovers, including a fumble recovery for a touchdown and a field goal that came after Hofstra got the ball on the 4 yard line following a turnover and failed to move the ball a yard in 3 tries). xcoffeex

Bottom line, we stink. I said that the SBU game was a paper blowout. Our offense is just flat out bad. We did miss a short FG though that could have gotten us on the board. We have more blocked kicks and missed kicks to last us ten years. We stink and would be lucky to beat the local HS teams at this point.

Col Hogan
October 7th, 2008, 08:08 PM
William & Mary at New Hampshire - Wildcats easy at home
Hofstra at Bucknell - The Pride recover from a blow-out
Rhode Island at Towson - New coach, new system, are starting to work
James Madison at Richmond - GOTW goes to the Dukes
Maine at Delaware - Hens eek out a win
UMass at Northeastern - Homer pic??? Yea, but I think a good one...

Seawolf97
October 7th, 2008, 08:10 PM
I think Hofstra wins this weekend and big. As bad as Uncle Buck thinks they are -they will knock off the Bison.

Hofstra 34 Bucknell 14

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2008, 08:30 PM
UMass 24 - Northeastern 17 - It's going to be sunny and 62. UMass weather.
UNH 14 - W&M 10 - I still think the Tribe is better than they are playing.
Hofstra 31 - Bucknell 7 - Hofstra is too strong for the Bison.
Towson 31 - URI 28 - Tigers wins it at home.
JMU 35 - Richmond 27 - JMU, my National Champion pick, wins another big game.
Delaware 14 - Maine 13 - Blue Hens are better than they look, but not by much.
14???? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

This is the CAA has any CAA team held another to 14 this season?

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 7th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Uhhh, UD scored 7 at Umass last week, JMU shut out Hofstra, Maine and Towson each scored 14 when we beat them ... not sure if there are other examples.

I do agree with you, however, that the UNH/WM winner will definitely score 30, possibly 40.

UD/Maine may be 6-3.

rcny46
October 7th, 2008, 09:10 PM
William & Mary at New Hampshire - Wildcats easy at home
Hofstra at Bucknell - The Pride recover from a blow-out
Rhode Island at Towson - New coach, new system, are starting to work
James Madison at Richmond - GOTW goes to the Dukes
Maine at Delaware - Hens eek out a win
UMass at Northeastern - Homer pic??? Yea, but I think a good one...

Thanks for your faith in UNH.I don't know if it will be easy;a close one would be just fine with me.Your other picks look good too.

-KLINK-

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 8th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I expect that W&M / UNH game to be a really high scoring affair.

WrenFGun
October 8th, 2008, 12:27 PM
I think the winner is in the 40's!

94Terrier
October 8th, 2008, 12:32 PM
UMass at Northeastern
Hofstra at Bucknel
Rhode Island at Towson
Maine at Delaware

EmeryZach
October 8th, 2008, 01:37 PM
14???? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

This is the CAA has any CAA team held another to 14 this season?

I have lots of injuries in my prediction. Both defenses will have their game of the year. xsmiley_wix

ccd494
October 8th, 2008, 03:52 PM
UD/Maine may be 6-3.

I hesitate to say this, and I am not saying I think Maine will win at Delaware. Maine just doesn't win in Newark, I think the year a game clinching interception got called back on a terrible roughing the passer penalty (called on a block on the QB after the ball was picked) cemented the fact that Maine will never, ever win at Delaware for whatever reason.

But Maine may not be awful this year. 2-3 with two "meh" wins isn't saying much, but the three losses have come against Iowa, JMU and Richmond. Looking at the schedule, I think we may see a 6-5 season out of the Bears. Which should be enough for a 25 year Cosgrove extension.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 8th, 2008, 06:31 PM
I hesitate to say this, and I am not saying I think Maine will win at Delaware. Maine just doesn't win in Newark, I think the year a game clinching interception got called back on a terrible roughing the passer penalty (called on a block on the QB after the ball was picked) cemented the fact that Maine will never, ever win at Delaware for whatever reason.

But Maine may not be awful this year. 2-3 with two "meh" wins isn't saying much, but the three losses have come against Iowa, JMU and Richmond. Looking at the schedule, I think we may see a 6-5 season out of the Bears. Which should be enough for a 25 year Cosgrove extension.

The score didn't show it, but I thought Maine played well here. The Bears were tough against the run and kept our D off balanced.

UDBlueLotFan
October 8th, 2008, 08:12 PM
UMass at Northeastern
Hofstra at Bucknel
Rhode Island at Towson
James Madison at Richmond: may not be as close as the experts think...35 - 21
Maine at Delaware 0 - 3...I bought a bus ticket to you-know-who's bar though, just in case we losexbawlingx

BDKJMU
October 8th, 2008, 09:31 PM

Explain to me how Maine could be 6-5 out of their schedulexconfusedx :
August 30 at Iowa L 46-3 0-1 (0-0)
September 6 at Monmouth W 21-17 1-1 (0-0)
September 13 Stony Brook W 28-13 2-1 (0-0)
September 20 at Richmond L 44-17 2-2 (0-1)
September 27 James Madison L 24-10 2-3 (0-2)
October 11 at Delaware
October 18 Hofstra
October 25 Northeastern
November 1 Iona
November 8 at Massachusetts
November 15 at Rhode Island
November 22 New Hampshire

It will be Maine and Northeastern battling it out for 3rd place in the CAA North. One of

19Duke97
October 8th, 2008, 09:52 PM

Does not matter if you have 2x's the number of fans, they make no noise. I was at the game 2 years ago, purchased my tickets from he UofR ticket office and was counted as a "Richmond fan", bu even as my wife stated (BTW she hates football), JMU fans just have more fun. We were on the JMU side by the 2nd quarter...

spdram
October 8th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks for your contribution to our athletic fund!

19Duke97
October 8th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Thanks for your contribution to our athletic fund!

Gate split is predetermined does not matter who sells the tickets... Oh and I got my MBA for UofR anyway.. so win win I guess...

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 8th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Does not matter if you have 2x's the number of fans, they make no noise. I was at the game 2 years ago, purchased my tickets from he UofR ticket office and was counted as a "Richmond fan", bu even as my wife stated (BTW she hates football), JMU fans just have more fun. We were on the JMU side by the 2nd quarter...

JMU completely smoked us two years ago. Why in the world would they be having more fun? xoopsx

19Duke97
October 8th, 2008, 10:06 PM
JMU completely smoked us two years ago. Why in the world would they be having more fun? xoopsx

Hehehe... true. But I think there may be a bit more "youthful enthusiasm" at JMU.. UofR has had a more reserved crowd from what I've seen, not a knock, just a fact.

URMite
October 9th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Richmond 72 - JMU 3

In that case, let me try this....

I predicate a 28-28 tie with UR having 1 defensive TD. We get the ball 1st in OT but are held to a FG. We hold JMU on 3rd down but since JMU doesn't kick field goals they go for it on 4th down and fumble with 22 seconds left. UR wins 31-28. xthumbsupx xlolx

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 9th, 2008, 04:55 PM
October 11 at Delaware
October 18 Hofstra
October 25 Northeastern
November 1 Iona

It will be Maine and Northeastern battling it out for 3rd place in the CAA North. One of

I keep hearing that from Maine fans (far more often then the rest of you) and ask the same question. I've yet to get an answer.

BDKJMU
October 9th, 2008, 05:23 PM

October 11 at Delaware
October 18 Hofstra
October 25 Northeastern
November 1 Iona

I keep hearing that from Maine fans (far more often then the rest of you) and ask the same question. I've yet to get an answer.

I'll give you a hint. It would be IMPOSSIBLE to got 6-5 with that schedule.

caribbeanhen
October 9th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Maine will be the best team we beat so far this year...ouch

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 9th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Maine will be the best team we beat so far this year...ouch

Maine is not a bad team.
They will win some games.
One or two they're not expected to.
I need a reason to put them at 6-5.

Northeastern is also better then people think....I think:p

JmuSkinsfan
October 9th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Maine is not a bad team.
They will win some games.
One or two they're not expected to.
I need a reason to put them at 6-5.

Well, if anything, I'd say Maine either goes 7-5 or 6-6. More likely 5-7.

But 6-5 is impossible unless some freak of nature event happens and cancels a game xsmiley_wix

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 9th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Well, if anything, I'd say Maine either goes 7-5 or 6-6. More likely 5-7.

But 6-5 is impossible unless some freak of nature event happens and cancels a game xsmiley_wix

Not like that has happened this year:o

jstclmet
October 9th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Wk#1 8-1-1
Wk#2 7-1
Wk#3 7-2
Wk#4 8-2
Wk#5 8-0
Wk#6 5-1 TU, yer killin me. I know some nice people involved with the TU football program, and I know they really believed TU would fare better than they have so far. This has got to be a disappointing season for them. Inquiring minds must be wondering what will the coaching staff do to turn things around. This same type of inquiry is being shared by fans of a few CAA football programs.

43/51 = 85%

My win pct so far is pretty good. I've not yet flinched at any of my preseason picks, but I am beginning to have 2nd thoughts in large part due to the fact that some teams are underachieving, and not improving as quickly as I, and I'm sure many of you thought/hoped they might.

Maine 17 @ Delaware 21. Truthfully, while I still believe Delaware will win, I don't think the score will be this high for either team. Take the under in this game. The Hen faithful are raking KC over the coals and throwing their QB under the bus, but IMHO, their problems exceed those two. I think I posted once before, that if this team is @ .500 at the end of the year, KC should win COY, as this team is not that good.

UMass 31 @ Northeastern 13. Again, I think UMass wins, but in this case, the score may be a little closer than I originally thought. NU comes out fightin, but just runs out of gas in the 2nd half.

Rhode Island 17 @ Towson 20. I haven't given up on TU yet, but the light on the candle is slowly burning out. I think this is their HC. Hopefully, they can win this one in front of the home faithful, before throwing in the towel.

William & Mary 35 @ New Hampshire 31. I'd be a little more comfortable with this pick if Phillips was playing. However, Archer did look pretty good last week. The question is, will the Tribe O-Line be able to protect him, and can they get a rushing attack going against UNH. UNH will get their 31. The question is, can they stop the Tribe from getting 35.

James Madison 20 @ Richmond 24. Here's my problem with this pick. Everyone raves about UR's Def, and all of the players they had coming back. I've personally seen two games of UR, both against Nova. In a losing effort in 07, Nova put up 27 on UR. Total offensive yds 405. In 08, Nova put up 26 pts with 402 yds. Not much difference, except in 08 Nova got the win. Why??? I think the problems is UR's O-Line. In 07, UR had 420 yds against Nova while coming from behind to score 35 and the win. In 08, UR only had 333 yds, and could not come from behind. More telling is UR had 242 rushing yds in 07 (Mostly Hightower), whereas in 08 UR only had 83 rushing yds (mostly Ward). Don't get me wrong, I think the Nova Def is good, but it could be that the UR O-Line is not so good. Now that same 07 Defense of UR limited JMU to 16 pts while causing JMU turnovers. The JMU faithful will give a laundry list of reasons why they lost. Now, one thing I like about the UR Def is their front line, specifically, their DE's. This will be a good matchup between them and the JMU O-Line. This matchup could very well be a draw. So, it will be up to the JMU RB's to out run the UR LB's and secondary. One other thing of note, is that I noticed Ward going to the turf early, or stepping out of bounds early avoiding the hit. In fairness, Ward did carry the ball 17 x's for 70 yds (opposed to 6 for 28 in 07) and was more likely running for his life. Also, IMHO NOVA brings the pain. But, when you're playing from behind, ya kind'a gotta suck it up and take one or two for the team. This is not a proclamation, just an observation. With all that said, I'm giving this one to the Home team.

Hofstra 24 @ Bucknell 21. How's that HU FG kicker doin this week. I say, he wins this one in OT for the Dutch.

Good luck.

Eight Legger
October 9th, 2008, 11:21 PM
There are always a couple teams you match up well with and a couple that you don't. UR has had trouble with Villanova in recent years, even when we win. JMU seems to be a matchup problem for App State. Etc. Etc. I don't think you can place too much emphasis on Team A's matchups with Team B, when Team A is playing Team C.

GeeWiz
October 10th, 2008, 01:33 PM

Yep, UNH will find out next Saturday. ;)

th0m
October 10th, 2008, 02:50 PM
James Madison 20 @ Richmond 24. Here's my problem with this pick. Everyone raves about UR's Def, and all of the players they had coming back. I've personally seen two games of UR, both against Nova. In a losing effort in 07, Nova put up 27 on UR. Total offensive yds 405. In 08, Nova put up 26 pts with 402 yds. Not much difference, except in 08 Nova got the win. Why??? I think the problems is UR's O-Line. In 07, UR had 420 yds against Nova while coming from behind to score 35 and the win. In 08, UR only had 333 yds, and could not come from behind. More telling is UR had 242 rushing yds in 07 (Mostly Hightower), whereas in 08 UR only had 83 rushing yds (mostly Ward). Don't get me wrong, I think the Nova Def is good, but it could be that the UR O-Line is not so good. Now that same 07 Defense of UR limited JMU to 16 pts while causing JMU turnovers. The JMU faithful will give a laundry list of reasons why they lost. Now, one thing I like about the UR Def is their front line, specifically, their DE's. This will be a good matchup between them and the JMU O-Line. This matchup could very well be a draw. So, it will be up to the JMU RB's to out run the UR LB's and secondary. One other thing of note, is that I noticed Ward going to the turf early, or stepping out of bounds early avoiding the hit. In fairness, Ward did carry the ball 17 x's for 70 yds (opposed to 6 for 28 in 07) and was more likely running for his life. Also, IMHO NOVA brings the pain. But, when you're playing from behind, ya kind'a gotta suck it up and take one or two for the team. This is not a proclamation, just an observation. With all that said, I'm giving this one to the Home team.

You basically analyze the last two UR-'Nova games......and then make a pick on the UR-JMU game. Just so we're on the same page here xwhistlex

jstclmet
October 10th, 2008, 03:00 PM
You basically analyze the last two UR-'Nova games......and then make a pick on the UR-JMU game. Just so we're on the same page here xwhistlex

I guess I wasn't clear. IMHO, UR's defense is not that good. The advantage should go to JMU, but JMU was unable to crack that defense last year. UR's O-Line appears to be their achilles heel, but JMU's defense has been suspect against the top rank teams. IMHO Ward is the better passer, Landers the better runner. Does JMU have the edge in Special teams?? I don't know.

Advantage - Home team.

19Duke97
October 10th, 2008, 03:35 PM
I guess I wasn't clear. IMHO, UR's defense is not that good. The advantage should go to JMU, but JMU was unable to crack that defense last year. UR's O-Line appears to be their achilles heel, but JMU's defense has been suspect against the top rank teams. IMHO Ward is the better passer, Landers the better runner. Does JMU have the edge in Special teams?? I don't know.

Advantage - Home team.

JMU played an awful first half last year and UofR hung on to win. If anything UR outcoached JMU last year, but it's a new year, and for UR a new coach. We'll see what happens...

JMUSaxMRD
October 10th, 2008, 06:04 PM

Advantage - Home team.

If you define home team by # of fans that may be a contested issue.

ur2k
October 10th, 2008, 07:33 PM
JMU played an awful first half last year and UofR hung on to win. If anything UR outcoached JMU last year, but it's a new year, and for UR a new coach. We'll see what happens...

Same defensive coordinator with a defensive minded head coach.

Longhorn
October 11th, 2008, 07:12 PM

You know, I don't think anyone posted that score on the CAAzone. I'm sure it was just an oversight. I'll ask Scotty McGee to run that prediction back over there just to get it on the record. ;)

Longhorn
October 11th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Does JMU have the edge in Special teams?? I don't know.

Advantage - Home team.

Scotty McGee just dialed your number. Can you hear him now? xlolx

jstclmet
October 11th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Scotty McGee just dialed your number. Can you hear him now? xlolx

NICE!!!! Congrats on the win. xbowx

Party this weekend, then begin preparation for the 25th. Today's game was just the opening act. You know it's on when you come to the Main Line. Bring your "A" game, because if you plan on playing like you did today, you'll leave with out your #1 ranking xnonox

th0m
October 12th, 2008, 05:42 AM
Party this weekend, then begin preparation for the 25th. Today's game was just the opening act. You know it's on when you come to the Main Line. Bring your "A" game, because if you plan on playing like you did today, you'll leave with out your #1 ranking xnonox

xconfusedx Today was not our "A" game? Guess we might as well not make the trip then...since the boys in vanilla already brought theirs.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 12th, 2008, 06:50 AM

JMU: pound them. Please.

th0m
October 12th, 2008, 07:03 AM
JMU: pound them. Please.

We'd be more than happy to.

Col Hogan
October 12th, 2008, 07:57 AM
William & Mary at New Hampshire - Wildcats easy at home OOPS..Congrats Tribe
Hofstra at Bucknell - The Pride recover from a blow-out xthumbsupx
Rhode Island at Towson - New coach, new system, are starting to work :o :o :o
James Madison at Richmond - GOTW goes to the Dukes xcoolx
Maine at Delaware - Hens eek out a win I meant to write ...nevermind...xeekx
UMass at Northeastern - Homer pic??? Yea, but I think a good one... xwhistlex xnodx xnodx

Never did well at picking winners...

19Duke97
October 12th, 2008, 09:28 AM

If you can't respect the game you saw today, you have no business being a college football fan. Both teams played incredibly well, and brought their "A" games.

JMad03
October 12th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Your assessment on our play is just like your predictions.... WAY OFF!

jstclmet
October 12th, 2008, 08:31 PM
If you can't respect the game you saw today, you have no business being a college football fan. Both teams played incredibly well, and brought their "A" games.

From my vantage point neither team played Defense. Call it what you want, JMU outpointed UR. Sooner or later JMU will run into someone who plays Defense. CUE Nova!!!!xnodx

FanOfAllThatIsJMU
October 12th, 2008, 08:39 PM
From my vantage point neither team played Defense. Call it what you want, JMU outpointed UR. Sooner or later JMU will run into someone who plays Defense. CUE Nova!!!!xnodx

http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/stupid.gif

jlcharles
October 12th, 2008, 09:54 PM
UMass-24at Northeastern-21xnodx I called 3 points and it was 4 points, not bad.
William & Mary-24 at New Hampshire-41xsmhx Good work tribe
Hofstra-17 at Bucknell-24xsmhx Not even close
Rhode Island-31 at Towson-13xsmhx
James Madison - 29 at Richmond - 27 - I see these two taking it to OT and it coming down to a stopped 2 point conversion. Honestly a toss up, but I guess i had to pick someone.xnodx Not the way I picked it, but two touchdowns in the last minute of play? Didn't get to see it, but that a hell of a way to lose a game.
Maine-10 at Delaware-13xsmhx Wrong, but happily wrong.

Wow, I am terrible. Can't wait to see JMU in two weeks. I'm pulling for Richmond to win out and make it into the playoffs. I see this weekends game as make or break for Richmond and UMass. Winner can still make it to the playoffs, loser is out. Not really on topic, but the way I see it is 4 teams from the CAA this year. JMU, Nova, UNH, and Richmond/UMass. Go Richmond.

South Carolina Duke
October 12th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Your wish didn't come true. Scarey for you now. We have a week off, First rest all season.

Pray PA boy, pray.

Longhorn
October 12th, 2008, 10:50 PM

From your vantage point? xrotatehx jstclmet you're blind and don't have a "vantage" point! xcoolx

Remember the side bet we made on caazone about your lousy preseason predictions for JMU? Well, as we both know we're just playing out the string now, and soon you'll be faced with having to voluntarily banish yourself from the caazone for one year. I'll ask that the banishment begin immediately after this year's NC game. But I'll give you a second chance on the original bet, a sort of "double or nothing" to save yourself.

Here's the new wager...if Nova beats JMU in two weeks you're off the hook for your lousy preseason JMU forecast, and can stay on the caazone. However, should Nova lose, you're off both caazone and AGS for one year. How about it? Do we have a deal?

rcny46
October 13th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Wow, I am terrible. Can't wait to see JMU in two weeks. I'm pulling for Richmond to win out and make it into the playoffs. I see this weekends game as make or break for Richmond and UMass. Winner can still make it to the playoffs, loser is out. Not really on topic, but the way I see it is 4 teams from the CAA this year. JMU, Nova, UNH, and Richmond/UMass. Go Richmond.

You weren't in Durham,NH yesterday.

jstclmet
October 13th, 2008, 08:55 AM
From your vantage point? xrotatehx jstclmet you're blind and don't have a "vantage" point! xcoolx

Remember the side bet we made on caazone about your lousy preseason predictions for JMU? Well, as we both know we're just playing out the string now, and soon you'll be faced with having to voluntarily banish yourself from the caazone for one year. I'll ask that the banishment begin immediately after this year's NC game. But I'll give you a second chance on the original bet, a sort of "double or nothing" to save yourself.

Here's the new wager...if Nova beats JMU in two weeks you're off the hook for your lousy preseason JMU forecast, and can stay on the caazone. However, should Nova lose, you're off both caazone and AGS for one year. How about it? Do we have a deal?

I was under the impression, the original bet was under the "Football" forum of the CAAZONE. I thought the "JMU" forum was still in play. It's the JMU forum that's most entertaining. Kind'a like watching old "Roseanne Barr" re-runs. It only takes a little stirring, to spin dem folks outta control. But, if you insist, if I lose our side-bet, I'll pull back until....I'll let you pick the date. Besides, I can always stir up the BlueHens.net crowd. They're just as funny to read as you guys are.

As for the double or nuttin, if Nova loses to JMU, I can walk away from AGS for a year, but if Nova wins, havin you walk away won't be as much fun. In fact, I'd prefer it if you purchased a Nova cap or t-shirt (your choice), and wore it for a year. Of course, You'd have to put it on your avatar for a least one month. You can pick a spring or summer month when no one is watching.

Do we have a deal???

th0m
October 13th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Hehe I'm liking these wagers that are going on.

By the way, does Villanova even have a board where they discuss football?

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 13th, 2008, 09:11 AM
You weren't in Durham,NH yesterday.

One game does not make a season. Keep the faith.xpeacex

I'll let you know if UNH is a playoff team 10/18 at 3:00 PM or so.

wideright82
October 13th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Hehe I'm liking these wagers that are going on.

By the way, does Villanova even have a board where they discuss football?

www.vusports.com choose drop down for forums and you will find Villanova Football xthumbsupx

89Hen
October 13th, 2008, 09:48 AM
UMass 35 - Northeastern 21 (28-24) xthumbsupx
New Hampshire 42 - William & Mary 28 (34-38) xoopsx
Hofstra 24 - Bucknell 14 (45-31) xcoffeex
Rhode Island 31 - Towson 28 (32-37) xeyebrowx
James Madison 31 - Richmond 30 (38-31) xthumbsupx xthumbsupx
Delaware 17 - Maine 14 (10-27) xbawlingx

BDKJMU
October 13th, 2008, 04:10 PM
From week 3 predictions:

JMU vs UMass - Game of the week. I'm standing by my earlier prediction of UMass winning 24 - 17. I'm still of the opinion UMass is too strong for JMU up front.

From week 4:

App St 42 @ James Madison 24. Statement game either way, and another game of the week for JMU.

James Madison 20 @ Richmond 24

You truly are clueless. xlolx xlolx xlolx Course I bet you'll pick Nova over JMU....

jstclmet
October 13th, 2008, 07:12 PM
From week 3 predictions:

From week 4:

You truly are clueless. xlolx xlolx xlolx Course I bet you'll pick Nova over JMU....

At one point in the 3rd qtr, the score was JMU 20 UR 24. And Sir you are 100% CORRECT, NOVA will take JMU behind the shed for a good old fashioned beat down!!! Come and enjoy the festivities. The Concession food is good, the crowd is courteous, the atmosphere is electric. I promise you it will be one helluva game.....well, maybe just a lil onesided in Nova's direction, but nonetheless, the stands will be filled with energy.xnodx

mcveyrl
October 13th, 2008, 07:49 PM
At one point in the 3rd qtr, the score was JMU 20 UR 24. And Sir you are 100% CORRECT, NOVA will take JMU behind the shed for a good old fashioned beat down!!! Come and enjoy the festivities. The Concession food is good, the crowd is courteous, the atmosphere is electric. I promise you it will be one helluva game.....well, maybe just a lil onesided in Nova's direction, but nonetheless, the stands will be filled with energy.xnodx

I thought the game was at 'Nova?xconfusedx :D xsmiley_wix

BDKJMU
October 13th, 2008, 08:09 PM

Yeah, I saw how "electric" the Nova crowd was hosting a #1 two weeks ago when I watched the UR @ Nova game tape on CN8. All 50 fans stormed the field after the upset. xlolx xlolx xlolx

I saw that the announced crowd was 6107. It didn't look close to that on TV, and at least 10% had to be UR fans. I guarantee you whenever JMU hosts a #1 it will be at least 15k fans. JMU will have several k fans there. You better hope Nova brings more than 5-6 k, or it won't look very good for Nova.

jlcharles
October 13th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Yeah, unfortunately we went to a basketball school. No one cares about football, but at least we draw better than some of the other schools in the CAA.

Longhorn
October 13th, 2008, 10:06 PM
I was under the impression, the original bet was under the "Football" forum of the CAAZONE. I thought the "JMU" forum was still in play. It's the JMU forum that's most entertaining. Kind'a like watching old "Roseanne Barr" re-runs. It only takes a little stirring, to spin dem folks outta control. But, if you insist, if I lose our side-bet, I'll pull back until....I'll let you pick the date. Besides, I can always stir up the BlueHens.net crowd. They're just as funny to read as you guys are.

As for the double or nuttin, if Nova loses to JMU, I can walk away from AGS for a year, but if Nova wins, havin you walk away won't be as much fun. In fact, I'd prefer it if you purchased a Nova cap or t-shirt (your choice), and wore it for a year. Of course, You'd have to put it on your avatar for a least one month. You can pick a spring or summer month when no one is watching.

Do we have a deal???

You apparently don't understand how it works when you've already lost the first bet....I'm simply offering you a way to get back to even should NOVA beat JMU as you're predicting. I don't "lose" anything (wear a hat, etc.) on a "double-down". So, again, the new "bet" is quite simple. NOVA beats JMU, you stay on all the boards. NOVA loses, you're off AGS and CAAZONE for a year. Deal?

rcny46
October 13th, 2008, 11:59 PM
One game does not make a season. Keep the faith.xpeacex

I'll let you know if UNH is a playoff team 10/18 at 3:00 PM or so.

I'm not ready to give up on this season yet.Saturday's loss was just a major disappointment because I felt that they really could have won that game,and they simply let it get away.When you're playing a team the caliber of William and Mary,mistakes and sloppy play/execution will almost always lead to a loss.I still have hope that they will get back on track.BTW, Parsons Field is the only CAA north venue I haven't been to,and I'd like to drive down this Saturday.Have you been there,and if so,is it a relatively easy place to find? How about the parking? It's Homecoming for Northeastern,and if parking is tight,that'll make things worse.If you have any advice re:that trip,just PM me if you get a chance,or just respond on this thread.Either way,I'd really appreciate it.Thanks.

89Hen
October 14th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Come and enjoy the festivities. The Concession food is good, the crowd is courteous, the atmosphere is electric.
You know, I was going to defend your picks, but now I realize you are on some serious meds. xnutsx

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 14th, 2008, 07:43 PM
I'm not ready to give up on this season yet.Saturday's loss was just a major disappointment because I felt that they really could have won that game,and they simply let it get away.When you're playing a team the caliber of William and Mary,mistakes and sloppy play/execution will almost always lead to a loss.I still have hope that they will get back on track.BTW, Parsons Field is the only CAA north venue I haven't been to,and I'd like to drive down this Saturday.Have you been there,and if so,is it a relatively easy place to find? How about the parking? It's Homecoming for Northeastern,and if parking is tight,that'll make things worse.If you have any advice re:that trip,just PM me if you get a chance,or just respond on this thread.Either way,I'd really appreciate it.Thanks.

I'm meeting some friends at Matt Murphy's Pub on Harvard St in Brookline Village. http://www.mattmurphyspub.com/ I think some other UNH people will be there as well. It's an easy walk to the game from there. Parking was not a problem.

Old Cage
October 15th, 2008, 08:30 PM
NU - Last week we used a parking garage at the corner of Brookline Ave, and Longwood. It costs $6 for all day on Saturday. Very easy. Maybe 7 minutes to the field.

http://www.masco.org/375Directory.htm

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 15th, 2008, 09:47 PM
A couple other options are riding the T. Take the Green Line Riverside Branch ("D") to the Longwood station then walk about four blocks. From CT I've done that often after parking at Riverside just off I-95/SR 128 one exit south of the Mass Pike. And if you arrive near Parsons early enough, there is parking on the street nearby.

jstclmet
October 17th, 2008, 09:06 PM
You apparently don't understand how it works when you've already lost the first bet....I'm simply offering you a way to get back to even should NOVA beat JMU as you're predicting. I don't "lose" anything (wear a hat, etc.) on a "double-down". So, again, the new "bet" is quite simple. NOVA beats JMU, you stay on all the boards. NOVA loses, you're off AGS and CAAZONE for a year. Deal?

OOoooohhhhhh, but I do understand.......You are correct, I could possibly lose the first bet (don't think I've quite lost yet though, JMU only has 6 wins, riiight??? xeyebrowx ), and if comes to fruition that JMU reaches that magic total (8?? or 9???), then yes, I can walk away from CAAZONE. No problem. On a dull night, I'll tune in to watch the JMU rantings, but I can and will refrain from stirring the pot.

Now, about that 2nd bet. You want to bet with house money, where you lose nothing. And I say to you "Where's the sport in that???". You're backing the hottest team in the country. #1 for what would be 3 weeks in a row prior to clashing with Nova. Why the need to hedge???? Presumeably, you bleed purple??? Why the safety net. I'm not even asking for the points. Straight up....MANO Y MANO. I'll repeat myself here. "NO, I don't want you to go away after yer loss....I want to see a NOVA ICON on your Avatar. Your choice, of course.

Now do you want to MAN UP, and take this dealxbeerchugx ??? Of course, if I lose, I'll proudly fade into the night...........