PDA

View Full Version : The Citadel @ ASU

Pages : 1 [2]

AppMan
October 7th, 2008, 06:30 AM
I am personally more disappointed in the alumni turnout than the student noise. When I was in school the alumni used to complain that the students weren't showing up at the games. Now the student section is packed full before the game even starts (this is including the new student sections that were added to the east side stands) and there are empty bleacher seats to a sold out game because the alumni stayed home. I'm happy to take their money and all but at least give your ticket to somebody to fill the seat.

Moved to the new east stand deck this season after 28 years in the west stands. Why? People over there were getting lazy and complacent. Hardly any standing and cheering on big downs, a lot of polite clapping. I love hearing the volume of sound from the student sections and the sounds of the BOD. Sun is a little rough, but it'll be nice once it begins turning cold. Plus, front row 50 yard line seats with no obstructions are hard to beat. The west stands never did fill up. Lot's of empty seats right up to the half. The way people were leaving at the half it looked like someone was givng money away somewhere. Our people have a long way to go in understanding what it takes to be a real fan. Watched Nebraska get hammered the other night. Late into the 4th quarter the place was still full and rocking. Our people ar too worried about beating traffic and making it to a resturant before the crowd gets there. I have a hard time understanding why people drive 2 hours to tailgate for 3 hours, then leave before the game is over. You only get so many games a year to attend and you better believe I'm gonna enjoy every minute of 'em.

ASUMountaineer
October 7th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Moved to the new east stand deck this season after 28 years in the west stands. Why? People over there were getting lazy and complacent. Hardly any standing and cheering on big downs, a lot of polite clapping. I love hearing the volume of sound from the student sections and the sounds of the BOD. Sun is a little rough, but it'll be nice once it begins turning cold. Plus, front row 50 yard line seats with no obstructions are hard to beat. The west stands never did fill up. Lot's of empty seats right up to the half. The way people were leaving at the half it looked like someone was givng money away somewhere. Our people have a long way to go in understanding what it takes to be a real fan. Watched Nebraska get hammered the other night. Late into the 4th quarter the place was still full and rocking. Our people ar too worried about beating traffic and making it to a resturant before the crowd gets there. I have a hard time understanding why people drive 2 hours to tailgate for 3 hours, then leave before the game is over. You only get so many games a year to attend and you better believe I'm gonna enjoy every minute of 'em.

I stay to the end of the game at every game (even Charlotte Bobcats games:)) However, I'm not worried about traffic and I just hit up a restaurant in Wilkesboro. Never a wait and good food. I sit in 5A and the people around me are there every game and loud. As people leave early I always (not always politely) remind them the game isn't over. Oh well, it happens.

james_lawfirm
October 7th, 2008, 07:03 AM
I stay to the end of the game at every game (even Charlotte Bobcats games:)) However, I'm not worried about traffic and I just hit up a restaurant in Wilkesboro. Never a wait and good food. I sit in 5A and the people around me are there every game and loud. As people leave early I always (not always politely) remind them the game isn't over. Oh well, it happens.

My wife & kids ALWAYS stay to the end of every game. When I think back at the stuff we might have missed ... lets see ... the Miracle on the Mountain comes to mind.

The Citadel game really was a done deal about 5 minutes before halftime. I would presume that fewer fans would leave if the game was close. I guess that's what happens with bandwagon fans. Sometimes I do recall those days when the 8k fans were all real fans.

Anybody seen that Miller High Life commercial where the Miller employee goes into a "company box" at a baseball game and shouts "OK, can anybody tell me what the score is?" When no one answers, he removes all their Miller High Life. THAT ought to resonate throughout this thread.

APPStrongNC
October 7th, 2008, 07:44 AM
East stand man here. Got three seats for myself and my two friends. We only come to 3 games a year, and we are in Boone at 7:45am and leave (if a 3:30 game) after the time ends. Yeah, watched the game on TV this week and you could tell a lot left at half. Even though it was a beat down not reason to leave at half. My drive is about 2 hours or so and I will be damn if any one in my crew leaves. Plus I drive xthumbsupx so know one leaves until I want to.

ASUMountaineer
October 7th, 2008, 08:20 AM
My wife & kids ALWAYS stay to the end of every game. When I think back at the stuff we might have missed ... lets see ... the Miracle on the Mountain comes to mind.

The Citadel game really was a done deal about 5 minutes before halftime. I would presume that fewer fans would leave if the game was close. I guess that's what happens with bandwagon fans. Sometimes I do recall those days when the 8k fans were all real fans.

Anybody seen that Miller High Life commercial where the Miller employee goes into a "company box" at a baseball game and shouts "OK, can anybody tell me what the score is?" When no one answers, he removes all their Miller High Life. THAT ought to resonate throughout this thread.

That's a good commercial and it's true. I too remember when we didn't have the huge crowds, but not nearly as many (percentage wise) left so early. I think bandwagon is the key.

Edge316007
October 7th, 2008, 09:11 AM
I take issue with the fact that people leaving early are being called bandwagon fans. I, again, am a junior here and you're damn right I leave if it's a blowout by halftime (30+ points only). People do have better things to do then watch them run the backups and basically waste time the entire second half. They usually shut down the intensity too. If the players don't care then why should we?

Now, if you were solely talking about alumni/guests and not students, that's understandable. I watched the Dolphins get dominated by the Jets 24-0 a few years ago at home and I stayed to the very end. I stayed and watched the (Carolina) Hurricanes nearly make a miraculous comeback in a meaningless late season game a few years ago after being down 6-0 half way into the 3rd. But as a student who has stuff to do, somewhere to be, beer to drink...and I do go to every game...I'll leave when I want.

biggie
October 7th, 2008, 09:42 AM
For the most part students leaving at halftime is just to go finish their 'drink-on'. That's not more important and if the players 'didn't care' then we'd lose. You can bet every team that is play us at the Rock is giving everything, every play, so our players have to care. Everyone should stay until at least the end of the 3rd qtr (unless its a a 100 point spread).

james_lawfirm
October 7th, 2008, 10:15 AM
I take issue with the fact that people leaving early are being called bandwagon fans. I, again, am a junior here and you're damn right I leave if it's a blowout by halftime (30+ points only). People do have better things to do then watch them run the backups and basically waste time the entire second half. They usually shut down the intensity too. If the players don't care then why should we?

Now, if you were solely talking about alumni/guests and not students, that's understandable. I watched the Dolphins get dominated by the Jets 24-0 a few years ago at home and I stayed to the very end. I stayed and watched the (Carolina) Hurricanes nearly make a miraculous comeback in a meaningless late season game a few years ago after being down 6-0 half way into the 3rd. But as a student who has stuff to do, somewhere to be, beer to drink...and I do go to every game...I'll leave when I want.

You, sir, are a bandwagon fan.

I am reminded of the scene in Animal House when Dean Warner looks at the frat boys in his office and says "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son." Or, something to that effect - apologies to the late John Belushi.

There's way more to the game than just "watching backups". And, for the record, people do NOT have better things to do than watch App football.

Edge316007
October 7th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Way to generalize.

I haven't "pregamed" for a football game since I was a freshman. None of my friends do either. Most of the students around me are sober as well. Most of the time I leave due to wanting to watch other football games or to get something to eat (since halftime usually falls around dinner time and I don't usually eat before games).

Maybe don't care was the wrong phrase, but the intensity is definitely toned down in the 2nd half of a blow out. How else do you explain the usual case of 35+ first half points and usually only 14 (at the most) 2nd half points. This usually includes the visitors scoring a TD or two themselves. Again, if they players aren't playing their fullest and are just trying to get the game over with, why should I bother staying in a 35+ point blowout?

Edge316007
October 7th, 2008, 10:19 AM
You, sir, are a bandwagon fan.

I am reminded of the scene in Animal House when Dean Warner looks at the frat boys in his office and says "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son." Or, something to that effect - apologies to the late John Belushi.

There's way more to the game than just "watching backups". And, for the record, people do NOT have better things to do than watch App football.

Bandwagon fan, I think not. I've been to every single football game since I started here (including several away games). As soon as I was accepted here in '05 I followed the team. Just because I don't stay to the end of a 35+ point blowout doesn't make me a bandwagon fan.

DLS
October 7th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Bandwagon fan, I think not. I've been to every single football game since I started here (including several away games). As soon as I was accepted here in '05 I followed the team. Just because I don't stay to the end of a 35+ point blowout doesn't make me a bandwagon fan.

seriously, after JMU how can anyone say that the second half doesnt matter when it looks to be a blowout?

james_lawfirm
October 7th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Maybe don't care was the wrong phrase, but the intensity is definitely toned down in the 2nd half of a blow out. How else do you explain the usual case of 35+ first half points and usually only 14 (at the most) 2nd half points. This usually includes the visitors scoring a TD or two themselves. Again, if they players aren't playing their fullest and are just trying to get the game over with, why should I bother staying in a 35+ point blowout?

Edge:
You describe the 2nd half of a blow out like the Citadel game as toning down the intensity level. Maybe. But, that's not how I would describe it. I have followed ASU football for the entire time Coach Moore has been in charge, and longer. (BS in '83, MBA in '85 from ASU). Coach Moore has NEVER left the starters in to run up the score during a blowout. There have been some monumental blowouts, like against Western last year, but the subs were scoring too just as handily as the starters in that game.

In my mind, there are two good and wise reasons that Coach Moore does this. 1) 2nd, 3rd & 4th stringers get good playing time. One day that experience will be useful, like when they must fill in for a starter in a pressure situation. 2) The opposing team will appreciate not having their noses rubbed in the loss. Once a team is beaten, there is no reason to make the remainder of the game good bulletin board material the next time the teams meet.

Even if App gets 30+ ahead, and starts subbing, there are still reasons to stay and watch the plays. I would invite you to try it.

AppAlum
October 7th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I was at the game, stood near beef o'bready's. Had to go to South lot to tailgate, $1,000 to park in greenwood, r u f'ing kidding me?

Citadel fans we tailgated with were parents of some of the players, very nice and respectful. Watched App get the 41-7 lead then had to tend to some drama.

Black and Gold Express
October 7th, 2008, 12:25 PM

One day, years from now, you'll realize just how bad a decision that was to leave games early. It's easy as a student to look at a game and decide to skip out early because there's more to be played and you're right there. Though in fairness I never have left a game early in any sporting event I have attended. There are reasons to leave games early, though I don't consider a party or getting in additional drinking to be one.

Once you leave ASU, and then are faced with drive times and longer commitments, and even later on when you are in a position when you can't get to every game (just wait until children come into your life), you'll look back and think "Man, why'd I give up on this so early when I was there." Anyone that truly loves their school (any school) will get hit with the nostalgia pangs as they get older. So why give yourself a reason to make those legitimate?

As for the "not playing to the fullest" line, that is bunch of crap. Coach Moore isn't Coach Spurrier. He's not going to run it up with the game well in hand. Just like practically every respected coach does in that situation.

Just because the COACHES start calling plays more conservative in nature designed to eat clock on offense or play softer on defense in order to not give up big plays, it does not mean the players are not out there giving 100%. Any player that does put it in cruise control is going to find life rather miserable during the week, and if they are lucky they won't get penalized come the next game. The one thing Coach Moore and his staff have never ever tolerated is a player just going through the motions.

And these backups, this is their time to get out there and put to use what they bust their asses for from Sunday to Friday. They may be less experienced and/or not as talented as the starters, and they'll be put in a lot more vanilla schemes, but they are giving their all each play.

So yeah, if you still feel that it's a good thing to roll out early in a blowout, then you are some kind of fair-weather or bandwagon fan.

Here's the catch though - we need those fans. Like it or not, if we want to maintain or raise the attendance some of those are going to have to be the non-diehards. Every medium size or bigger school is going to have them, and more of them the bigger you get. The diehards may get annoyed by it, but they should also temper their vitriol. Because one day you piss off the fair-weathers enough and they will decide they have better things to do with their money than support your school. Then where are you? Right back to 12,500 in the stands in the case of ASU.

ASUMountaineer
October 7th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Way to generalize.

I haven't "pregamed" for a football game since I was a freshman. None of my friends do either. Most of the students around me are sober as well. Most of the time I leave due to wanting to watch other football games or to get something to eat (since halftime usually falls around dinner time and I don't usually eat before games).

What other football game would you rather watch than ASU football? They have food at the stadium (granted at high prices). Just saying... I'm not going to rip on you, but I will say to heed B&G's advice.

When I was a student there I stayed for every game, because I love football and even watching the "scrubs" play in person is better than watching the starters play on TV (especially since in college I didn't have a 1080p LCD HDTV like I do now), I digress.

He's also right about being an alumni, I now drive 4 hours round trip and tailgate beginning around 9am every Saturday. I bring up the grill, we cook out, play cornhole, throw the ball--we make a day of it. Otherwise it's a four hour trip for a three hour game. We eat around 12 and then drive to Wilkesboro to get supper.

Simply put, if you're going to be a true black and gold ASU fan, it's not about having "better stuff to do" for you. It's about being there to support your school, band, and the team (including those subs--future starters--you mentioned). That's how I see it, nevertheless, I doubt I'll change your mind...but, don't get mad at me if you hear me yelling to people as the leave the game is not over. xpeacex

AshevilleApp2
October 7th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Stay or leave as you please. If you bought the ticket, it's your prerogative.

james_lawfirm
October 7th, 2008, 12:45 PM
One day, years from now, you'll realize just how bad a decision that was to leave games early. It's easy as a student to look at a game and decide to skip out early because there's more to be played and you're right there. Though in fairness I never have left a game early in any sporting event I have attended. There are reasons to leave games early, though I don't consider a party or getting in additional drinking to be one.

Once you leave ASU, and then are faced with drive times and longer commitments, and even later on when you are in a position when you can't get to every game (just wait until children come into your life), you'll look back and think "Man, why'd I give up on this so early when I was there." Anyone that truly loves their school (any school) will get hit with the nostalgia pangs as they get older. So why give yourself a reason to make those legitimate?

As for the "not playing to the fullest" line, that is bunch of crap. Coach Moore isn't Coach Spurrier. He's not going to run it up with the game well in hand. Just like practically every respected coach does in that situation.

Just because the COACHES start calling plays more conservative in nature designed to eat clock on offense or play softer on defense in order to not give up big plays, it does not mean the players are not out there giving 100%. Any player that does put it in cruise control is going to find life rather miserable during the week, and if they are lucky they won't get penalized come the next game. The one thing Coach Moore and his staff have never ever tolerated is a player just going through the motions.

And these backups, this is their time to get out there and put to use what they bust their asses for from Sunday to Friday. They may be less experienced and/or not as talented as the starters, and they'll be put in a lot more vanilla schemes, but they are giving their all each play.

So yeah, if you still feel that it's a good thing to roll out early in a blowout, then you are some kind of fair-weather or bandwagon fan.

Here's the catch though - we need those fans. Like it or not, if we want to maintain or raise the attendance some of those are going to have to be the non-diehards. Every medium size or bigger school is going to have them, and more of them the bigger you get. The diehards may get annoyed by it, but they should also temper their vitriol. Because one day you piss off the fair-weathers enough and they will decide they have better things to do with their money than support your school. Then where are you? Right back to 12,500 in the stands in the case of ASU.

Words of wisdom.

Back2theROCK!
October 7th, 2008, 01:47 PM
I must say it was disappointing to watch people file out after half time. xsmhx Even if we were up big, the game was not over.....(JMU)It reminded me of the GSU game last season when people started filing out just to miss what was almost a great come back! (still trying to find that holding penalty.....xoopsx)
My wife and I with some other friends and her parents drive 2 hrs. every Saturday to watch the Apps play. We arrive early to tailgate but the most important thing is the GAME (all 4 qtrs).
To me it's not so about being a bandwagon fan or not, it's about being there to support our team and that team includes starters and backups. While it's easy to say were up by 30 or so lets beat the traffic home; our guys are still on the field and trust me, from someone who has played football in the past nothing is better than at the end of a game looking up, seeing the stands full and hearing the cheering.
We complain about this year's team not playing 4 full quarters of football; how about the fans being fans for 4 full quarters?xcoffeex

Go APPS!!!!xpeacex

Edge316007
October 7th, 2008, 04:50 PM
People keep pointing to JMU. I and many others would not have left then. A 21 point lead is not safe, obviously. I'm talking about when the game is well in hand.

And I'm also not talking about those who had to drive hours or pay money to go to the game. They also should not leave.

I'm talking about students who can go to any game they please. We pay our money to go here, we don't need the "holier than thou" attitude from the ticket purchasers. Just because we leave at half time does NOT mean we don't support our school or are a fair-weather/bandwagon fan (and it seems to me, some of you may need to look up the definition of a bandwagon fan).

I get there and line up an hour before the gate even opens. Many of my friends who also leave at half time do the same. I've seen the most vocal fans leave at half time and the quietest, reserved fans stay the entire game. Whether or not you leave at halftime does not determine the degree of fandom.

James_Lawfirm: I'm struggling to find the right words to express what I want to say. Once the score is in hand, the players are playing not to get hurt. They would rather see the clock continue to run down to 5 seconds every play with a huge lead. I'm not saying run up the score by any means but it just isn't very fun to watch the 2nd half of a blowout.

Black And Gold Express: You're probably right. But right now I AM a student with at least a year and a half left of home games to attend. Towards the end I'll likely stay for every minute of every game, but right now I can skip out at half time and have another game to go to in a week or so.

ASUMountaineer: I do not have a meal plan and I refuse to pay 3$+ for a hot dog. I'd rather go home and turn to a game (FCS, FBS it doesn't matter) that's close or a potential upset or one that I have money.

Again, keep in mind I am a student and did not travel but a mile and did not pay for my ticket. If I wasn't or did, then obviously I would have stayed.

I find it pretty condescending that I need to prove my fandom to you all, though.

Grizzaholic
October 7th, 2008, 04:56 PM

Very very good post.

And to add one thing. I have seen it more than once when either the home team or road team gets a big lead up in the first half and lays an egg in the second. While the team that was ran over in the first comes out firing on all cylinders and pulls out a win or makes the final 8 minutes of the 4th quarter very intense. That right there is worth every penny of your ticket price IMO.

Back2theROCK!
October 7th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Edge...I don't think anyone is trying to come down on you as a student leaving. I think some of comments are coming from past students who miss the opportunity to be a student during this time at APP. The student section makes the game fun and the atomsphere what it is; some of us just like to see it crazy from kickoff to the final whistle.

just a note, i think alot of the people leaving were people who were just there because it was Homecoming.

james_lawfirm
October 7th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Edge...I don't think anyone is trying to come down on you as a student leaving. I think some of comments are coming from past students who miss the opportunity to be a student during this time at APP. The student section makes the game fun and the atomsphere what it is; some of us just like to see it crazy from kickoff to the final whistle.

just a note, i think alot of the people leaving were people who were just there because it was Homecoming.

Back:
Nah! That ain't it. Miss the opportunity to be a student? While I would not trade my experience at ASU for anything, I prefer the wisdom and experience of a few more years than most students. Now, if I could just get some of that wisdom and experience myself, I'd be in business.

I think this thread is about those who've been there and done that trying to communicate with those who haven't. Good luck with that. Especially when the younger ones act so defensive.

Back2theROCK!
October 7th, 2008, 06:24 PM
James, you may be right on this one. As for me and mine; you will find us front row of section 218 from kick of till last whistle screaming and cheering.

Go APPS!

james_lawfirm
October 7th, 2008, 06:26 PM
James, you may be right on this one. As for me and mine; you will find us front row of section 218 from kick of till last whistle screaming and cheering.

Go APPS!

Fair enough. We'll be in 3A - likewise for the whole game.

Edge316007
October 7th, 2008, 07:49 PM
It happens in all sports at all venues, though.

And I'm only getting defensive because everyone's being so condescending.

james_lawfirm
October 7th, 2008, 07:54 PM
It happens in all sports at all venues, though.

And I'm only getting defensive because everyone's being so condescending.

Fair enough. I'll do better. Come visit in Raley Lot, near the bus stop. We'll be there by noon (I think) for the Furman game.

ASUMountaineer
October 7th, 2008, 08:09 PM
People keep pointing to JMU. I and many others would not have left then. A 21 point lead is not safe, obviously. I'm talking about when the game is well in hand.

And I'm also not talking about those who had to drive hours or pay money to go to the game. They also should not leave.

ASUMountaineer: I do not have a meal plan and I refuse to pay 3$+ for a hot dog. I'd rather go home and turn to a game (FCS, FBS it doesn't matter) that's close or a potential upset or one that I have money.

Again, keep in mind I am a student and did not travel but a mile and did not pay for my ticket. If I wasn't or did, then obviously I would have stayed.

I find it pretty condescending that I need to prove my fandom to you all, though.

I don't have a meal plan either, and I understand about prices (as I mentioned in my post) they're high. Again, apparently you are a fan of teams other than ASU as you would rather watch a football game on TV that's "close" than an ASU football game that's a blowout in person.

Not questioning your fandom, and not trying to be condescending. Just taken a little aback that you would rather watch other football. Sure, we all love football and can't get enough, but I'd much rather watch ASU in person during a blowout win than Boise State beat Oklahoma in OT any day. Maybe I'm the one that's illogical, and I'm ok with that. However, I don't think that's the case. xpeacex

I think many of us are (at least according to my wife) a little too passionate about ASU football.

AlphaSigMD
October 7th, 2008, 09:57 PM
I think many of us are (at least according to my wife) a little too passionate about ASU football.

Sounds like somebody needs to have a serious conversation with jess. That kinda sounds like UNCG talking...xthumbsupx

AppMan
October 7th, 2008, 11:18 PM

Perhaps one day you will be involved in something you've worked months to prepare for and sacrificed a ton of personal time & energy in representing your peers or comapny. Only to see most of them walk out on you half way through your presentation. Maybe then you will appreciate those who stayed to support you. I've never understood the "I've got better things to do comment" attitude. These players represent your school and more importantly as a member of the student body they represent YOU. Personally I love to see the young kids get into the game. They are the future of ASU football and I want to cheer and support those guys as much as possible. They've worked just as hard as anybody to prepare for their moment on the field and they deserve our support.

GATA
October 7th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Perhaps one day you will be involved in something you've worked months to prepare for and sacrificed a ton of personal time & energy in representing your peers or comapny. Only to see most of them walk out on you half way through your presentation. Maybe then you will appreciate those who stayed to support you. I've never understood the "I've got better things to do comment" attitude. These players represent your school and more importantly as a member of the student body they represent YOU. Personally I love to see the young kids get into the game. They are the future of ASU football and I want to cheer and support those guys as much as possible. They've worked just as hard as anybody to prepare for their moment on the field and they deserve our support.

This year I have to stay at GSU games because they usually come down to the last play of the game...

However, in the "glory days" I wouldn't leave during the blowouts because hell...I paid for the ticket (or made the long trip) I might as well watch as much as I can.

LehighFan11
October 7th, 2008, 11:23 PM
How is this thread still going? Wasn't the game a blowout?

Appaholic
October 7th, 2008, 11:50 PM
How is this thread still going? Wasn't the game a blowout?

We are still awaiting Citdog's response of contrition and admittance that his team is a paper tiger.....

jonmac
October 8th, 2008, 07:25 AM
We are still awaiting Citdog's response of contrition and admittance that his team is a paper tiger.....

Yes, where is the citdog? 'holic, was he OK we he left Boone?

Here pup, comeer boy. xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

james_lawfirm
October 8th, 2008, 08:02 AM

Not me. I'll tell you how my wife came to be "passionate" about ASU football. My wife and I started coming regularly to ASU games (we're both App grads) when our kids came along. We had been to games before, but when our two sons came along, we got season tickets.

When I watch a game, I like to put on ear plugs/headphones & listen to David Jackson on the radio as the game is going on. The radio guys provide a lot of info that fans in the seats just cannot get. But, what that means is that those radio listeners (like me) are oblivious to those around them. So, when our boys had questions (like "Daddy, what's offsides, face-mask, motion penalties, etc.?) my wife had to field the question. To do so, she had to figure out the answer herself. The many arcane rules of the games are not obvious, and it took some effort for her to get them. But, by doing so, she garnered a better understanding of the game and began to enjoy the games more.

But, all my wife's interest in ASU football was focused and concentrated in attending Football 101. I saw the first ad for it on GoASU.com and suggested she attend. She has not missed one since they have been going on. I regret they are "women only", because from her description, they are too much fun. Anyway, I dare say that my wife is as much an App fan as I am, and it can be attributed to 1) having to explain the game to our boys since I was ensconced in my headphones; and 2) Football 101.

Thus, I would say that I am not "a little too passionate" about ASU Football. I am "just right" - kind-a-like Goldilocks. And further, I would recommend Football 101 to all whose spouses are not quite as "passionate" as they are about ASU Football.