PDA

View Full Version : Cortland Finnegan

ERASU2113
October 2nd, 2008, 03:21 PM
I have just started hearing about this guy. I heard he started last year for the Titans when Pacmon Jones started his troubles?

He played at Samford of all places. I don't know how he was over looked by some of the bigger FCS schools or even if his career at Samford was stellar. Either way, you boys down in Alabama oughta be proud! :D

Cortland Finnegan | #31 | CB
Height: 5-10 Weight: 188 Age: 24
Born: 2/2/1984 Fayetteville , NC
College: Samford
Experience: 3rd season
High School: Milton HS [FL]

I believe he's leading the NFL so far with INTs at 4
http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0024429

phoenixphanatic21
October 3rd, 2008, 07:57 PM
Really? Samford? For whatever reason I thought he was from Va Tech.
Samford should be really proud. That guy is a beast and will be a good corner for years to come.

Syntax Error
October 3rd, 2008, 09:00 PM
I have just started hearing about this guy... or even if his career at Samford was stellar...Friend, he was an All-American for a few years until being drafted by the NFL Titans in 2006. It isn't a shock that he would do well.

smallcollegefbfan
October 3rd, 2008, 09:50 PM
I have just started hearing about this guy. I heard he started last year for the Titans when Pacmon Jones started his troubles?

He played at Samford of all places. I don't know how he was over looked by some of the bigger FCS schools or even if his career at Samford was stellar. Either way, you boys down in Alabama oughta be proud! :D

Cortland Finnegan | #31 | CB
Height: 5-10 Weight: 188 Age: 24
Born: 2/2/1984 Fayetteville , NC
College: Samford
Experience: 3rd season
High School: Milton HS [FL]

I believe he's leading the NFL so far with INTs at 4
http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0024429

The only reason he was just a 7th round pick was because he was just under 5'10 and lacked in strength. He has ball skills, speed, and is athletic. I found his pro day results before he was drafted.

Height: 5097
Weight: 188
40 time: 4.34-4.36
Vertical: 44
225 Reps: 14
Broad Jump: 10'8"
20-Yard Shuttle: 4.34
3-Cone Drill: 6.95

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 3rd, 2008, 10:33 PM
I have him on my fantasy football team. He's my most productive defensive player despite being a DB. He must be the real deal.

Hoyadestroya85
October 3rd, 2008, 11:51 PM
Friend, he was an All-American for a few years until being drafted by the NFL Titans in 2006. It isn't a shock that he would do well.

I have to say that whenever fro I-AA gets drafted and does well its somewhat of a surprise

Maroons
October 4th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I heard plenty of him when he was at Samford. He had a very productive career there and was always praised by the EKU coaching staff as a player they game planned against. I am not surprised in the least by his emergence. I was at a Titans game in 2006 where I believe he ran a turnover back for a touchdown. It was a game the Titans won 24-21, if memory serves, with all three TDs being provided by the defense and the field goal getting set up by a long return on special teams. I recall leaving and thinking that Vince Young was not very impressive.

I was actually at the game doing a story for the school paper on a cheerleader who was an EKU alumna. Turns out, many of the cheerleaders had graduated from OVC schools (especially Tennessee State) and they were all talking about Cortland even then.

Syntax Error
October 4th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I have to say that whenever fro I-AA gets drafted and does well its somewhat of a surpriseI saw him play and he had "IT" so it is not a shock to me.