PDA

View Full Version : How the mighty have fallen

813Jag
October 2nd, 2008, 11:37 AM
I'm sure some of you know this, I'm a 'Noles fan. Go figure. xlolx This week is Florida State/Miami and there's very little talk about this game. The two teams that were supposed to "save" and elevate the ACC play in a game with little fanfare. I mean even I'm not that excited. How the mighty have fallen...................xnonono2x

appmaj
October 2nd, 2008, 11:40 AM
I'm sure some of you know this, I'm a 'Noles fan. Go figure. xlolx This week is Florida State/Miami and there's very little talk about this game. The two teams that were supposed to "save" and elevate the ACC play in a game with little fanfare. I mean even I'm not that excited. How the mighty have fallen...................xnonono2x

BC, VT, and Miami were meant to save ACC football. Florida state was attempt #1. None of it playing out. Duke tied for first in the ACC. I know its only one game, but DUKE!!!!

UNHWildCats
October 2nd, 2008, 11:40 AM
I was thinking this might be about the Cubbies and Halos

813Jag
October 2nd, 2008, 11:50 AM
BC, VT, and Miami were meant to save ACC football. Florida state was attempt #1. None of it playing out. Duke tied for first in the ACC. I know its only one game, but DUKE!!!!
I wouldn't say attempt #1 wasn't a good one, it took some time but teams began to play a higher level of football. Especially Virigina and N.C. State in the late 90's. Duke's looking good and that only helps the league, provided everyone else pulls their own weight.

tribe_pride
October 2nd, 2008, 01:02 PM
I wouldn't say attempt #1 wasn't a good one, it took some time but teams began to play a higher level of football. Especially Virigina and N.C. State in the late 90's. Duke's looking good and that only helps the league, provided everyone else pulls their own weight.

Is Virginia about to be the new Duke? And I am not just saying that based on 1 game.

DuckDuckGriz
October 2nd, 2008, 01:04 PM
FSU is no longer good and Miami is no longer badass

Montana should play FSU

813Jag
October 2nd, 2008, 01:26 PM
FSU is no longer good and Miami is no longer badass

Montana should play FSU
It's not that they aren't good any more, it's that the team is drawn in too many directions. xreadx Miami's problem is that they are very young.

MoreheadEagle
October 2nd, 2008, 02:21 PM
Give both of these teams a couple more years and FSU vs Miami will be as big as it used to be. Both programs have been through a lot.

AshevilleApp2
October 2nd, 2008, 02:41 PM
They should both have petitioned to join the SEC, a true football conference. The ACC was, is, and will be foremost a basketball conference.

appmaj
October 2nd, 2008, 03:44 PM
They should both have petitioned to join the SEC, a true football conference. The ACC was, is, and will be foremost a basketball conference.

Well yeah, and I think people prefer it that way. It would be nice if we had a top 10 "FBS" team.

AshevilleApp2
October 2nd, 2008, 03:46 PM
Well yeah, and I think people prefer it that way. It would be nice if we had a top 10 "FBS" team.

Virginia Tech can stay.