PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watch Tue. Night Football???

Grizzaholic
October 1st, 2008, 08:47 AM
What a game and what a finish. Big hits all around. WR getting leveled, RB's losing yards on vicious hits. Anybody watch the Tuesday Night interactive game on ESPN2 between Florida Atlantic and Middle Tenn.?

The last 8 minutes of the 4th quarter had me on the edge of my seat. Touchdown 32 yard touchdown with 00 left on the clock.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/gamecenter/recap/NCAAF_20080930_FAU@MITNST

spelunker64
October 1st, 2008, 08:54 AM
I was watching House....

813Jag
October 1st, 2008, 08:56 AM
I watched, but I'll watch almost anybody play football. xlolx

Grizzaholic
October 1st, 2008, 09:02 AM
I watched, but I'll watch almost anybody play football. xlolx

Does that mean you have been watching the HS football that they have been showing on the FOX Sports channels???

89Hen
October 1st, 2008, 09:07 AM
Does that mean you have been watching the HS football that they have been showing on the FOX Sports channels???
Two of our local Catholic HS's (including one of Andy's favorites) are on ESPN2 tomorrow night. xthumbsupx

Good Counsel vs. DeMatha (http://www.gazette.net/stories/10012008/montnew214038_32487.shtml)

Rob Iola
October 1st, 2008, 09:10 AM
Two of our local Catholic HS's (including one of Andy's favorites) are on ESPN2 tomorrow night. xthumbsupx

Good Counsel vs. DeMatha (http://www.gazette.net/stories/10012008/montnew214038_32487.shtml)
Stone Bridge would clock either one of these two...

Grizzaholic
October 1st, 2008, 09:17 AM
Oh and to the people that actually watched the game, or another Tuesday night game on ESPN2, what did you think of the Interactive format?

I thought it was distracting and made the pic smaller due to the fact that the constant scrolling of text messages across the top of the screen. The announcers thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Personally I don't care about the Big 12 or how by how many points OU will win by this weekend. I want to watch the football game. The ticker at the bottom is enough but to have two of them is getting out of hand.

spelunker64
October 1st, 2008, 09:22 AM
Oh and to the people that actually watched the game, or another Tuesday night game on ESPN2, what did you think of the Interactive format?

I thought it was distracting and made the pic smaller due to the fact that the constant scrolling of text messages across the top of the screen. The announcers thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Personally I don't care about the Big 12 or how by how many points OU will win by this weekend. I want to watch the football game. The ticker at the bottom is enough but to have two of them is getting out of hand.

So what was the top ticker for?

I wish the games were shown in coaches film mode...

89Hen
October 1st, 2008, 09:24 AM
Stone Bridge would clock either one of these two...
Nice program they've built over there. Have they scored less than 50 in any game this year?

Grizzaholic
October 1st, 2008, 09:31 AM
So what was the top ticker for?

I wish the games were shown in coaches film mode...

It was for people to text in and talk about football. So all throughout the game the announcers would put up the number to get your message posted on the ticker. It was a bunch of random, nothing about the game in play, fans sending in their pitch for this and that for their team.

Kind of a big distraction. As soon as you forgot about the top ticker and were focused on the game the announcers would pipe up again about the number and the ticker.

spelunker64
October 1st, 2008, 09:37 AM
It was for people to text in and talk about football. So all throughout the game the announcers would put up the number to get your message posted on the ticker. It was a bunch of random, nothing about the game in play, fans sending in their pitch for this and that for their team.

Kind of a big distraction. As soon as you forgot about the top ticker and were focused on the game the announcers would pipe up again about the number and the ticker.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be the sports version of MSNBC

andy7171
October 1st, 2008, 09:42 AM
What a game and what a finish. Big hits all around. WR getting leveled, RB's losing yards on vicious hits. Anybody watch the Tuesday Night interactive game on ESPN2 between Florida Atlantic and Middle Tenn.?

The last 8 minutes of the 4th quarter had me on the edge of my seat. Touchdown 32 yard touchdown with 00 left on the clock.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/gamecenter/recap/NCAAF_20080930_FAU@MITNST
I watched it. Neither team impressed me offensively from what I saw. But you are right, they were clobbering each other. Some of the hardest hitting footbal I've seen in awhile!! xnodx

I hate the "D" word! xmadx Good Counsil is a bunch of punks too.

Grizzaholic
October 1st, 2008, 09:43 AM
I don't know. I guess it is this way for the entire season. Every Tuesday night there is a football game and it is Interactive. I hope they get rid of it after the season.

813Jag
October 1st, 2008, 09:44 AM
Yes, but I'm an avid high school football fan, I watch games shown locally as well.

I tuned out some of the messages, after hearing people talk about Ohio State. xrolleyesx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 1st, 2008, 11:32 AM
I'm like Jag, I'll watch almost any football on TV during the week. Shoot, I even watched the UConVict Sled Dogs against Louisville this past Friday night!! xeekx xoopsx :p :p And I have watched a few HS games on the Fox College suite of channels, but primarily it has to be college with BCS being last in priority.

Call me an old fart, but I didn't like the interactive stuff at all. It reeks of the quality of the football is suspect so we'll spruce it up with all the interactive stuff. Why not just create a show on ESPN for interactive discussion and results if they have a market share they're trying to attract? Probably just another example of ESPN thinking that only BCS football is worthy of full attention. xwhistlex xsmhx xsmhx

BTW, that was one heck of a throw and especially a catch with no time left on the clock for Middle Tennessee! xnodx xnodx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Bet Vanderbilt and University of TN loved that Middle TN advertisement that ended with "Tennessee's Best"!! xeekx xeekx xeekx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Grizzaholic
October 1st, 2008, 11:35 AM
I'm like Jag, I'll watch almost any football on TV during the week. Shoot, I even watched the UConVict Sled Dogs against Louisville this past Friday night!! xeekx xoopsx :p :p And I have watched a few HS games on the Fox College suite of channels, but primarily it has to be college with BCS being last in priority.

Call me an old fart, but I didn't like the interactive stuff at all. It reeks of the quality of the football is suspect so we'll spruce it up with all the interactive stuff. Why not just create a show on ESPN for interactive discussion and results if they have a market share they're trying to attract? Probably just another example of ESPN thinking that only BCS football is worthy of full attention. xwhistlex xsmhx xsmhx

BTW, that was one heck of a throw and especially a catch with no time left on the clock for Middle Tennessee! xnodx xnodx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Bet Vanderbilt and University of TN loved that Middle TN advertisement that ended with "Tennessee's Best"!! xeekx xeekx xeekx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Or the hit from the, DB I believe, on the WR on that little quick out. I felt it, and I was on my couch watching the game.

appmaj
October 1st, 2008, 02:20 PM
Or the hit from the, DB I believe, on the WR on that little quick out. I felt it, and I was on my couch watching the game.

There is a game on tonight too....

Louisiana Tech 2-1
Boise State #17 3-0

Grizzaholic
October 1st, 2008, 02:29 PM
There is a game on tonight too....

Louisiana Tech 2-1
Boise State #17 3-0

I will be BBQ'n and watching this game for sure. xthumbsupx

spelunker64
October 7th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Troy @ Florida Atlantic tonight, I'm thinking the debate will win though

spelunker64
October 7th, 2008, 12:47 PM
http://www.keithwhite.us/footballquote.jpg

Grizzaholic
October 7th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Troy @ Florida Atlantic tonight, I'm thinking the debate will win though

I will not be watching the debate. I will be watching what all of you, besides UNH, should be too......FOOTBALL!

If you watch any of the game tonight spelunker, tell me what you think of the interactive approach they have on Tuesday night football.

spelunker64
October 7th, 2008, 03:45 PM
I will not be watching the debate. I will be watching what all of you, besides UNH, should be too......FOOTBALL!

If you watch any of the game tonight spelunker, tell me what you think of the interactive approach they have on Tuesday night football.

I think I might DVR the debate and watch the game, kinda curious about the interactive thingy...

Grizzaholic
October 7th, 2008, 03:58 PM
I do not like it, but the game last Tuesday more than made up for it. Maybe it was just a fluke, or maybe the players were pissed about having to play on Tuesday and were hitting like there was no tomorrow. I cannot wait for tonight. BBQ a couple steaks and have a couple beers while watching some football.

DSUrocks07
October 7th, 2008, 04:09 PM
http://www.keithwhite.us/footballquote.jpg

Its always like running from the cops xlolx

spelunker64
October 8th, 2008, 06:37 AM
I do not like it, but the game last Tuesday more than made up for it. Maybe it was just a fluke, or maybe the players were pissed about having to play on Tuesday and were hitting like there was no tomorrow. I cannot wait for tonight. BBQ a couple steaks and have a couple beers while watching some football.

It didn't really float my bubble I guess, I could do without

Grizzaholic
October 8th, 2008, 07:34 AM
The game last night was awful.

appfan2008
October 8th, 2008, 07:35 AM
I didnt have time last night... bible study... but when i get the chance I always watch football last week was great bc they offered football all week long!

Grizzaholic
October 8th, 2008, 07:44 AM
As they do this week. There are games tonight, Thursday, and Friday. Anymore during football season you can watch games every day which is great.

spelunker64
October 8th, 2008, 08:30 AM
As they do this week. There are games tonight, Thursday, and Friday. Anymore during football season you can watch games every day which is great.

God Bless the USA

danefan
October 8th, 2008, 08:50 AM
I've come to one conclusion from watching 20 minutes of that game:

Florida Atlantic sucks.

EmeryZach
October 8th, 2008, 01:44 PM
God Bless the USA

You mean God Bless the SunBelt and MAC. xthumbsupx

813Jag
October 8th, 2008, 02:55 PM
I've come to one conclusion from watching 20 minutes of that game: