September 27th, 2008, 06:08 PM
...here we go again...

HOLD ON TO THE BALL!

MaximumBobcat
September 27th, 2008, 06:15 PM
10-0 SUU 8:40 left in 1st

MaximumBobcat
September 27th, 2008, 06:42 PM
52 yard TD run by Karrington Bush...17-7 SUU in the 2nd.

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Saw that it's 20-7...what's going on in San Marcos?

SUU is tough and battle-tested. But, why are you guys losing?

MaximumBobcat
September 27th, 2008, 07:14 PM
kick off muffed punt...gave em easy 7.

after that, just our bad defense...

patssle
September 27th, 2008, 07:14 PM
SUU went O-FER last year...

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 07:16 PM
kick off muffed punt...gave em easy 7.

Pat was telling me your punting is pretty off too. Is special teams a sour spot for the Bobcats this year?

We knew your QB was inconsistent...

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 08:04 PM
27-7 in favor of SUU...

Saw on the blog that the 'boo birds' came out...

http://smdrcatscradle.blogspot.com/

MaximumBobcat
September 27th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Two of our starting DBs injured in this game...looks like our secondary just got worse for conference...

Ouch.

TxState_GO_CATS!
September 27th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Two of our starting DBs injured in this game...looks like our secondary just got worse for conference...

Ouch.

is that even possible??

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 08:15 PM

Are these "out for the game"-type injuries or are these legit injuries? You guys got a Div II game for all intensive purposes next week...

MaximumBobcat
September 27th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Are these "out for the game"-type injuries or are these legit injuries? You guys got a Div II game for all intensive purposes next week...

We'll find out after the game.

TD Texas State... 34-13

Going for two...no good.

TexasTerror
September 28th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Quotes from the Bobcats head coach postgame...this coming from the San Marcos Daily-Record...

"I knew right after pregame warm-ups that we weren't ready to play. You can get the feeling aout how guys are and I told Coach (Travis) Bush and tried to get them to understand they need to wake up and get after it."

"I guess ultimately, it's my fault as a head coach for having a poorly prepared football team on the field. That's basically the bottom line. I didn't impress these young men enough with the fact that we're about to play a very good football team. I failed them. I failed this university. I need to get better at what I do."

http://smdrcatscradle.blogspot.com/2008/09/questions-for-brad-wright-following.html

TexasTerror
September 28th, 2008, 09:12 AM
We'll find out after the game.

Any further updates on the injuries, Max? Guessing it may be a bit longer, but was not sure if the SDMR had something or not...

katstrapper
September 28th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Suprised to say the least. I thought Tx State would take care of business in the game.xconfusedx

YellowBison
September 28th, 2008, 10:19 AM
nice win for SUU! of course any win is a nice win for them

FCS Go!
September 28th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Congrats S. Utah! Now where did that T-bird fan go from a few weeks ago....?

JackTwice
September 28th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Great win and congrats SUU. Hopefully those tough schedules they have played the last two years will pay off. It would be nice to see them start winning some games.

slycat
September 28th, 2008, 11:38 AM
I picked this as a loss at the start of the season. SUU is better then many think as they played the hardest schedule possible last season and held close in most the games.

I knew our offense was in trouble when they struggled at UNC. The only reason we scored so many points was because the turnovers gave us great field position. Whenever we had to go the length of the field we usually punted.

As for the punt team, we run a weird short drop back punt formation that isn't getting good results.

I expect a rebound next week and then we head to the Hole (yikes).

Grizzaholic
September 28th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Congrats to SUU. They are going to be a good football team and open a few eyes around the FCS next year.

89Hen
September 28th, 2008, 11:48 AM
SUU played a lot of close games last year. I'm just glad I had that bet with Ronbo last year. xthumbsupx

TxSt... wassup? Sad to see you couldn't capitalize on that semifinal appearance a couple years ago... are you too focused on I-A and forgetting to try to actually succeed in I-AA?

slycat
September 28th, 2008, 11:51 AM
SUU played a lot of close games last year. I'm just glad I had that bet with Ronbo last year. xthumbsupx

TxSt... wassup? Sad to see you couldn't capitalize on that semifinal appearance a couple years ago... are you too focused on I-A and forgetting to try to actually succeed in I-AA?

No its called not recruiting worth crap on defense and hiring a high school coach. I would be glad to stay in the FCS.

Bobcat94
September 28th, 2008, 01:42 PM
No joke Hen. We really missed and opportunity and are looking like it will be another 20 plus years. I knew as soon as I got the information in the mail we made a big mistake. We really look bad now and hopefully someone some where with some power to change things is feeling the same thing. Kinda like politics we are stuck unless we vote and make phone calls. The Drive=The Divexrolleyesx

Bobcat94
September 28th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Terror said something about a DII game next week.....We like to play up to the competition.........I don't have a clue if the Bobcats can win against TSU..

McNeese75
September 28th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I was shocked when I saw the final results for this game. I really thought the Cats would handle this game without any problem. xcoolx

footballdude
September 28th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Great win for SUU they played a great game and dominated in all aspects of the game. GO DIRTY BIRDS!!

McNeese75
September 28th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Great win for SUU they played a great game and dominated in all aspects of the game. GO DIRTY BIRDS!!

xlolx

bobcatfan06
September 28th, 2008, 09:38 PM

Everytime I see anything about The Drive, I laugh. Really hard. We aren't going to get accepted by a conference anyway so it doesn't really matter. Who wants a piece of crap football team with a pretty campus?

chrisattsu
September 28th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Everytime I see anything about The Drive, I laugh. Really hard. We aren't going to get accepted by a conference anyway so it doesn't really matter. Who wants a piece of crap football team with a pretty campus?

The real laughing matter is that regardless of what happens with our athletic future, the athletic budget is going to increase to more than $20M per year thanks to the student referendum.

It will be interesting to see what the AD tells the students when they start to ask questions about the drive if it fails.

TexasTerror
September 29th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Don't the students have the right to renege on their fee increase if the school doesn't go FBS? Seems the ASG would do something like that knowing who they are and how much they'd be ticked re: a lack of a move to FBS.

slycat
September 29th, 2008, 05:56 PM
The real laughing matter is that regardless of what happens with our athletic future, the athletic budget is going to increase to more than $20M per year thanks to the student referendum.

It will be interesting to see what the AD tells the students when they start to ask questions about the drive if it fails.

Then we can pay a high school coach a million a year.:D

TxState_GO_CATS!
September 29th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Then we can pay a high school coach a million a year.:D

sweet! haha...ummm, no.

slycat
September 29th, 2008, 06:01 PM
sweet! haha...ummm, no.

But we could get the best. I mean look what Todd Dodge is doing at UNT.

TxState_GO_CATS!
September 29th, 2008, 06:12 PM
i'd rather keep the defense we have than allow 77. just imagine...ut scored 52 on rice--how many would they score on unt?

dang.

slycat
September 29th, 2008, 06:13 PM
i'd rather keep the defense we have than allow 77. just imagine...ut scored 52 on rice--how many would they score on unt?

dang.

Scary to think about. Its bad enough that SUU averaged like 20 something yards rushing until we let them have almost 200.