PDA

View Full Version : Hauck passes on NFL calibre QB who wants to play for the Griz

Wolfman
September 25th, 2008, 04:40 PM
In an article I read today about Reilly, the former Flahead High School QB who now plays for Central Washington, it states that Reilly wanted badly to transfer from Washington State to Montana, but Hauck "passed on him".

And now, the NFL scouts are camped out at the CWU practices to watch Reilly, who is NFL calibre, and will probably be drafted by an NFL team.

Gee, I thought Hauck was such a great recruiter. A pro-calibre QB falls right into his lap, and he passes on him to sign Washington from Bolling Green, who could not start for Western Montana, let alone the Griz.

Just another in a long line of Hauck's mistakes.

Green26
September 25th, 2008, 04:58 PM
On what basis should Hauck have decided to take Reilly?

Reilly signed with Montana Tech (an NAIA school) coming out of high school, but later decided to walk on at Washington State instead.

At WSU, he was was behind Kegel, Swogger and Brink (and perhaps others). He didn't play a down at WSU. He played high school before Hauck became the coach at Montana.

NFL scouts are coming to Missoula this Saturday to look at several CWU players--primarily to see how they will play against better than D-II competition.

Hauck's qb's have been Ochs (the CU transfer) for 2 years, Bergquist (frosh year), Swogger (WSU transfer who was invited to NFL combines), and Bergquist for last two years. Bergquist was 2nd team all-conference last year.

Grizzaholic
September 25th, 2008, 05:01 PM
In an article I read today about Reilly, the former Flahead High School QB who now plays for Central Washington, it states that Reilly wanted badly to transfer from Washington State to Montana, but Hauck "passed on him".

And now, the NFL scouts are camped out at the CWU practices to watch Reilly, who is NFL calibre, and will probably be drafted by an NFL team.

Gee, I thought Hauck was such a great recruiter. A pro-calibre QB falls right into his lap, and he passes on him to sign Washington from Bolling Green, who could not start for Western Montana, let alone the Griz.

Just another in a long line of Hauck's mistakes.

What will happen if he lays a big egg this weekend in MT? Just wondering if your thoughts would be the same if he comes in and gets hurried and throws a few picks and gets sacked a few times resulting in CWU not scoring more than 10 and losing by 30+?

I don't think that will happen but just wondering.

Wolfman
September 25th, 2008, 05:09 PM
What will happen if he lays a big egg this weekend in MT? Just wondering if your thoughts would be the same if he comes in and gets hurried and throws a few picks and gets sacked a few times resulting in CWU not scoring more than 10 and losing by 30+?

I don't think that will happen but just wondering.

So, that will mean that the NFL boys will no longer be interested in him? Last I heard, football was a team game. Reilly is a legitimate NFL prospect who will be drafted, something that has not occurred in the Big Sky Conference since Jeff Lewis.

May I remind you that Tony Romo stunk out Washington/Griz when he played here. And, The Denver Broncos QB, one of the best young guns in the NFL, played for a team who won two games his senior season.

Green's spinning is laugheable. Hauck did not sign Ochs. Berquist is a very average QB, and Swogger was a bust at UM. It is not difficult to be invited to an NFL camp.

Hauck had Reilly land in his lap, but was too stupid to sign him. Case closed. xeyebrowx

Grizzaholic
September 25th, 2008, 05:12 PM
I guess if that is your answer.

Grizzaholic
September 25th, 2008, 05:16 PM
It wouldn't let me edit.

Wolfman. You must have misunderstood my question. If the CWU qb misses a bunch of throws, throws a few ints, doesn't manage the O very good would you still think that Hauck screwed up? I mean, some qb's are very very good at the college level, FBS/FCS and get drafted every year to the NFL and are complete busts. Some qb's are ok at the FBS/FCS level and go to DII or NAIA and tear it up.

Green26
September 25th, 2008, 05:21 PM
We'll see if Reilly gets invited to the NFL Combines, like both Ochs and Swogger did.

It looks like Wolfie doesn't even know the difference between being invited to the NFL Combines and being invited to an NFL camp. Too funny.

slostang
September 25th, 2008, 05:26 PM
The same trick from this one trick pony. Wolfie, do you have anything other than Hauck hate for this board????

smallcollegefbfan
September 25th, 2008, 05:48 PM
We'll see if Reilly gets invited to the NFL Combines, like both Ochs and Swogger did.

It looks like Wolfie doesn't even know the difference between being invited to the NFL Combines and being invited to an NFL camp. Too funny.

I think Reilly will be invited to the NFL Combine. It is too early to say he will be drafted for sure but he has a great chance and I would predict that he does.

griz8791
September 25th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Today's article in the Trib said Reilly was only second on the depth chart his last year of high school at Flathead (where he was teammates with Lex Hilliard) and only got to start when the original starter got hurt.

So it looks like Grady Bennett misjudged him too. You remember Grady, don't you Wolfman? Do you think he might know a thing or two about playing QB?

RockyMtnGriz
September 25th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Hauck may have not signed Ochs, but Ochs was the QB at the time Reilly was looking to transfer.

If your going to get on a Griz coach for passing on Reilly, it should be Glenn. He was the first coach to pass on Reilly.

placidlakegriz
September 25th, 2008, 06:40 PM
The same trick from this one trick pony. Wolfie, do you have anything other than Hauck hate for this board????

PLEASE LEAVE WOLFBOY ALONE!!!!!

He is spending his week with a voodoo doll, witch, warlock, the devil himself, trying to get a spell on the GRIZ so that they lose this weekend. Then he can come back Saturday night and let the world know how smart he is and what a terrible coach Hauck is.

Grizzaholic
September 25th, 2008, 06:42 PM
PLEASE LEAVE WOLFBOY ALONE!!!!!

He is spending his week with a voodoo doll, witch, warlock, the devil himself, trying to get a spell on the GRIZ so that they lose this weekend. Then he can come back Saturday night and let the world know how smart he is and what a terrible coach Hauck is.

The only problem I see with that post is I think he predicted that the Griz would win this weekend.

Tod
September 25th, 2008, 06:51 PM
The only problem I see with that post is I think he predicted that the Griz would win this weekend.

Predictions and hopes are different, though.

;)

putter
September 25th, 2008, 07:01 PM
So, that will mean that the NFL boys will no longer be interested in him? Last I heard, football was a team game. Reilly is a legitimate NFL prospect who will be drafted, something that has not occurred in the Big Sky Conference since Jeff Lewis.

May I remind you that Tony Romo stunk out Washington/Griz when he played here. And, The Denver Broncos QB, one of the best young guns in the NFL, played for a team who won two games his senior season.

Green's spinning is laugheable. Hauck did not sign Ochs. Berquist is a very average QB, and Swogger was a bust at UM. It is not difficult to be invited to an NFL camp.

Hauck had Reilly land in his lap, but was too stupid to sign him. Case closed. xeyebrowx

You can always send him your crystal ball since it is obvious that his is broken

Grizzaholic
September 25th, 2008, 07:01 PM
You are correct sir.

Wolfman
September 25th, 2008, 07:37 PM

But Wolfie knows the difference between getting drafted in one of the 7 rounds, and being invited to the combine. Getting drafted is about 10 times more prestigious. But, don't tell the know-it-all sugar coaters who disguise themselves as knowledgeable football fans (hear that Green Weenie?)

By the way, I predict another blowout in this body bag game.....not to burst your bubble or anything. Hauck is great at winning against teams who grant only 20 schollies, except for NDSU.

After I read Greenie's post, I took the time to call my NFL scouting buddy, who is the S.E. scout for the Carolina Panters. While he does not know much about Reilly, since it is not in his geography, he has heard of him. And, he went into his prospect database and told me that Carolina has Reilly projected as a 6th or 7th round draft pick. Their only knock on him is his physical stature (too skinny). But, they rate his arm as NFL quality.

Finally, I heard Grady Bennet, his high school coach (and two-year UM stating QB) comment in a TV interview that he "knew that Reilly was a big time college QB" when he coached him in high school.

I guess Hauck did not bother to phone Grady when Reilly begged him for a chance to QB the Griz. Gee, it is becoming too easy to use logic as an antidote to the sugar spewed by the Griz sugar coating fans.

DuckDuckGriz
September 25th, 2008, 07:41 PM
But Wolfie knows the difference between getting drafted in one of the 7 rounds, and being invited to the combine. Getting drafted is about 10 times more prestigious. But, don't tell the know-it-all sugar coaters who disguise themselves as knowledgeable football fans (hear that Green Weenie?)

By the way, I predict another blowout in this body bag game.....not to burst your bubble or anything. Hauck is great at winning against teams who grant only 20 schollies, except for NDSU.

After I read Greenie's post, I took the time to call my NFL scouting buddy, who is the S.E. scout for the Carolina Panters. While he does not know much about Reilly, since it is not in his geography, he has heard of him. And, he went into his prospect database and told me that Carolina has Reilly projected as a 6th or 7th round draft pick. Their only knock on him is his physical stature (too skinny). But, they rate his arm as NFL quality.

Finally, I heard Grady Bennet, his high school coach (and two-year UM stating QB) comment in a TV interview that he "knew that Reilly was a big time college QB" when he coached him in high school.

I guess Hauck did not bother to phone Grady when Reilly begged him for a chance to QB the Griz. Gee, it is becoming too easy to use logic as an antidote to the sugar spewed by the Griz sugar coating fans.

Where did you see that all the way down in Arizona

Wolfman
September 25th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Where did you see that all the way down in Arizona

Uh, I am in Missoula. You ever heard of that place??

Uncle Rico's Clan
September 25th, 2008, 08:14 PM

Could you leave? Please.

placidlakegriz
September 25th, 2008, 08:15 PM

He knows the GRIZ will win this weekend. It's just that he doesn't want them to win.

elkmcc
September 25th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Could you leave? Please.

I'll second that notion.xnodx

IABison
September 25th, 2008, 08:36 PM

For someone who lives in Arizona, you sure spend a lot of time in Missoula... xconfusedx

IABison
September 25th, 2008, 08:41 PM
I read Greenie's post, I took the time to call my NFL scouting buddy, who is the S.E. scout for the Carolina Panters. While he does not know much about Reilly, since it is not in his geography, he has heard of him. And, he went into his prospect database and told me that Carolina has Reilly projected as a 6th or 7th round draft pick. Their only knock on him is his physical stature (too skinny). But, they rate his arm as NFL quality.

xlolx xlolx After I read that, I took the time to call my NFL scouting buddy for the Carolina Panthers, and he said he never heard of you. xliarx

mtgrizfan4life
September 25th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Wolfie, honestly to God, I have no idea why you are a GRIZ fan. If you hate Hauck so much, just do not follow them until we get a coach to your approval. I do not mind a few bashes here and there. Honestly to GOD, every post you have his anti Hauck or anti GRIZ. Did BH pick on you as a kid? Did he get the job over you?

Being you are bashing him for overlooking a possible NFL prospect, have you considered giving him credit of putting more players in the NFL in his time here than any prior coach. The last class he recruited each of them to my knowledge. Even the ones he did not recruit, have to give him and his staff credit for coaching them to be NFL level talent.

There will be a few more GRIZ with a shot at the NFL. Anderson, Quinn, Russum (sp?), Dow are the upperclassman that I think have a decent shot. When you take a shot at Quinn, remember he did not turn down a potential nfl lineman looking to xfr. It is too early to tell on any of the underclassman, but Mariani and Trumaine Johnson appear to have the tools. In my opinion Trumaine has the talent to be the best GRIZ CB ever. Yes I am willing to go out on the limb in his FR year with that statement. I am not afraid of being proven wrong or mistaken, such is life.

I do not care or want to know where your hatred for Hauck comes from , but as Alstott said to Dunn "Let it go little buddy!"

PantherRob82
September 25th, 2008, 09:38 PM
I'll second that notion.xnodx

here here xthumbsupx

mtgrizfan4life
September 25th, 2008, 09:42 PM
xlolx xlolx After I read that, I took the time to call my NFL scouting buddy for the Carolina Panthers, and he said he never heard of you. xliarx

In Wofies defense on Reilly, a few weeks ago, one of the foxsports.com analysts had him listed in the Top 10 QBs in this years SR class, and projected him to be 5th-7th round pick. 5th if he fares well at the combine and all star games. Worse case Free Agent signee. So Wolfie is not exaggerating this one. xthumbsupx

For the doubters here is the link. http://profootball.scout.com/2/777343.html

rob_p469
September 25th, 2008, 11:57 PM

Stupidity is a stinky cologne wolfie... and the stink is all over you. Shame on you, this argument is reaching, you have to see that. Quit playing the devils advocate to get attention on this chat board, its getting to be pretty pathetic.xnonox

rob_p469
September 25th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Wolfie, honestly to God, I have no idea why you are a GRIZ fan. If you hate Hauck so much, just do not follow them until we get a coach to your approval. I do not mind a few bashes here and there. Honestly to GOD, every post you have his anti Hauck or anti GRIZ. Did BH pick on you as a kid? Did he get the job over you?

Being you are bashing him for overlooking a possible NFL prospect, have you considered giving him credit of putting more players in the NFL in his time here than any prior coach. The last class he recruited each of them to my knowledge. Even the ones he did not recruit, have to give him and his staff credit for coaching them to be NFL level talent.

There will be a few more GRIZ with a shot at the NFL. Anderson, Quinn, Russum (sp?), Dow are the upperclassman that I think have a decent shot. When you take a shot at Quinn, remember he did not turn down a potential nfl lineman looking to xfr. It is too early to tell on any of the underclassman, but Mariani and Trumaine Johnson appear to have the tools. In my opinion Trumaine has the talent to be the best GRIZ CB ever. Yes I am willing to go out on the limb in his FR year with that statement. I am not afraid of being proven wrong or mistaken, such is life.

I do not care or want to know where your hatred for Hauck comes from , but as Alstott said to Dunn "Let it go little buddy!"

xnodx xnodx xnodx

Retro
September 26th, 2008, 12:03 AM

Just because some scouts think he is NOW an NFL Prospect doesn't mean he would've been a good College QB at the time he wanted to go to Montana. Maybe he was a late bloomer? Maybe some people are doing a lot of P.R. work for him to NFL scouts...

Any time you look at a player from a Div II level or lower, you really have to consider the competition a lot more so than even the FCS level as they do when comparing players from FBS..... The speed of the game is significant at each level to some degree...

It's possible he could become a player that played little in college, low pick and get a shot like Tom Brady or Matt Cassel or play at the FCS level, but not drafted at all and succeed eventually like Kurt Warner or Jon Kitna or he may be a raw talent from a lower division or lower quality conference with that the NFL thinks can succeed quickly, but struggle like Tarvaris Jackson or Perry Klein (Remember him?)

Either way, just because you are Pro Material, doesn't make you top college player that was passed over...

appfan2008
September 26th, 2008, 07:40 AM
why are some montana fans such a$$holes to their own team? own coach? and they win every year... i dont get it...

uofmman1122
September 26th, 2008, 07:42 AM
why are some montana fans such a$$holes to their own team? own coach? and they win every year... i dont get it...I hope newer members don't judge all Griz fans by the actions of a few. It's pathetic. xnonono2x

Grizzaholic
September 26th, 2008, 09:00 AM
why are some montana fans such a$$holes to their own team? own coach? and they win every year... i dont get it...

His fan status has not yet been approved.

Wolfman
September 26th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Just because some scouts think he is NOW an NFL Prospect doesn't mean he would've been a good College QB at the time he wanted to go to Montana. Maybe he was a late bloomer? Maybe some people are doing a lot of P.R. work for him to NFL scouts...

Any time you look at a player from a Div II level or lower, you really have to consider the competition a lot more so than even the FCS level as they do when comparing players from FBS..... The speed of the game is significant at each level to some degree...

It's possible he could become a player that played little in college, low pick and get a shot like Tom Brady or Matt Cassel or play at the FCS level, but not drafted at all and succeed eventually like Kurt Warner or Jon Kitna or he may be a raw talent from a lower division or lower quality conference with that the NFL thinks can succeed quickly, but struggle like Tarvaris Jackson or Perry Klein (Remember him?)

Either way, just because you are Pro Material, doesn't make you top college player that was passed over...

Whatever.

Green26
September 26th, 2008, 09:31 AM
AF2008, to answer your question, I believe it's a combination of several factors.

First, in some cases, and in this particular one, I think it's just a peculiar and bad apple. We have a few more like that.

Second, continued and prolonged success has spoiled alot of UM fans. This has resulted in alot of complaining about things that don't deserve complaints, in my view, and what can be seen as lack of support of the team. Some of this is relatively harmless and normal, and some of it is more destruction and has some impact on the program overall.

I thought I detected small amounts of this in some App St fans last year, as judged by message board comments. With your outstanding success the past 3 years, there seemed to be more complaining about parking lots and increased prices, for example.

Third, the Internet and message boards seem to bring out the worst in some people, and cause some posters to develop online personalities, some of which are personalities of constant complaint about one thing or another, includind things like the coaches. There's ongoing research now about the subject of avatars and how some posters choose avatars and become the personality of their avatar (and manner of posting).

At UM, athletic message boards have been fairly big and frequented since around 2000. When I have met or run across UM posters who are assertive, bold or colorful on the message, I have noticed that alot of them are fairly plain or meek in person.

Montana has tens of thousands of loyal, good and knowledgeable fans, but the high level of success and consistency, has also created a breed of spoiled and complaining fans. They don't like to be called bad fans, but that's what they are.

I'm old school. I believe fans should support their team through thick and thin. I see no reason to say harsh things about players at this level. I see no reason to say nasty things about coaches and players from the stands. I see no reason to say unkind things to and around families of coaches and players (which has happened occasionally). I see no reason to boo the team (which has happened at times during about 3 of the seasons in this decade). I have no use for the harshest posters on message boards.

Wolfman
September 26th, 2008, 09:37 AM

Being a Griz fan does not have to mean you support the head coach. I do not like his offense, it puts me to sleep. He signs problem kids who other coaches have given up on, and many of them create problems on our team. He plays the game "not-to-lose" instead of pouring on the gas like previous coaches. In one instance (the loss to Div. II NDSU), it cost us a victory. In at least three other games, it ALMOST cost us a victory. I hate that spineless type of football, and will not support a coach who plays it.

Finally, Hauck has proven he can not win the big games.

In case you do not know this, many Ohio State fans are becoming vocally critical of Jim Tressel, for the same reason. Yes, the same Jim Tressel who won a NC in 2001. But, since that time, he pads his regular season record beating patsies, then loses every big game post-season. Sound familiar? If a coach can't win the big one, he should go home. Hauck has a history of not being able to win the big one. End of story.

Wolfman
September 26th, 2008, 09:40 AM

O.K., Bison Breath, put your money where your mouth is. I've got $1000 that says that I personally know a Panthers scout. If you are feelin' particularly squirrily, and can risk losing two months of your salary manning the grill at Mickey D's, then go for it.

What? I thought so. Your posts may be cute, but you are an invertebrate, for sure.

Grizzaholic
September 26th, 2008, 09:41 AM
If Hauck goes all the way this year and wins the NC, will you still find something to be pissed at him about?

Wolfman
September 26th, 2008, 09:50 AM
In Wofies defense on Reilly, a few weeks ago, one of the foxsports.com analysts had him listed in the Top 10 QBs in this years SR class, and projected him to be 5th-7th round pick. 5th if he fares well at the combine and all star games. Worse case Free Agent signee. So Wolfie is not exaggerating this one. xthumbsupx

For the doubters here is the link. http://profootball.scout.com/2/777343.html

Wolfie does not exaggerate on anything. Wolfie just tells it like it is, and the pedestrian Griz fan can not deal with the truth, without the sugar coating.

Everything I have said about Hauck is true. If any of you were truthful, you would admit such. But, you conveniently overlook these facts under the guise of being "a good fan". Grow a pair. You can be a good fan and still not like the head coach.

On the Reilly issue, if Hauck had taken the time to phone Grady Bennet to inquire about Reilly's ability, he would have been begging Reilly to come to Missoula. But, alas, Hauck is much too pompous to allow the imput of a mere high school coach to sway his opinion. Oh, Bobby never coached in high school? Oh, Bobby never played college football like Bennet did? Gee, I forgot.

UM has NEVER had a QB who was drafted by the NFL. Yet, Reilly was delivered right into Hauck's lap, and he was too stupid to research him enough to sign him. The truth hurts..... but, the truth will set you free.

Green26
September 26th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Hauck has won dozens of big games. Most recently Cal Poly this season. EWU last season. More playoff wins than all but two teams in past 5 years.

The Hauck Haters just wait for a playoff loss (which happens every year for a playoff team if they don't win the national championship) or a Mont St loss--and then declare that Hauck can't win a big game. Then all the big wins prior to then are ignored.

Hauck is highly regarded by the athletic department and virtually all of the top supporters and boosters.

Green26
September 26th, 2008, 09:57 AM
If Reilly was so highly regarded out of high school, why did he accept an offer from Montana Tech, an NAIA school?

Bennett never said Reilly had NFL potential. He now says, after the fact, that he knew Reilly had college potential.

uofmman1122
Finally, Hauck has proven he can not win the big games.

In case you do not know this, many Ohio State fans are becoming vocally critical of Jim Tressel, for the same reason. Yes, the same Jim Tressel who won a NC in 2001. But, since that time, he pads his regular season record beating patsies, then loses every big game post-season. Sound familiar? If a coach can't win the big one, he should go home. Hauck has a history of not being able to win the big one. End of story.The difference between OSU of late, and the Griz of late, is that Montana NEVER gets blown out in any big game. Losing 47-13 is a little different than losing 23-22.

The Griz always show that they can play with anyone. The fact that we've been on the losing end in games that could have gone either way certainly doesn't bother me. There's no shame in losing to Wofford by one point. There's no shame in losing to UMASS by 2 points. Both of those teams won their conferences, which people always say are the two best in FCS. We can play with anyone.

That being said, you can't win them all. I think ASU has given you too much of a leg to stand on these last few years. They're about as close as you can get to perfection these last three years, but that almost NEVER happens at any level in any sport. Don't let it go to your head with some silly inferiority complex.

No team is perfect. Get over yourself. xpeacex

Wolfman
AF2008, to answer your question, I believe it's a combination of several factors.

First, in some cases, and in this particular one, I think it's just a peculiar and bad apple. We have a few more like that.

Second, continued and prolonged success has spoiled alot of UM fans. This has resulted in alot of complaining about things that don't deserve complaints, in my view, and what can be seen as lack of support of the team. Some of this is relatively harmless and normal, and some of it is more destruction and has some impact on the program overall.

I thought I detected small amounts of this in some App St fans last year, as judged by message board comments. With your outstanding success the past 3 years, there seemed to be more complaining about parking lots and increased prices, for example.

Third, the Internet and message boards seem to bring out the worst in some people, and cause some posters to develop online personalities, some of which are personalities of constant complaint about one thing or another, includind things like the coaches. There's ongoing research now about the subject of avatars and how some posters choose avatars and become the personality of their avatar (and manner of posting).

At UM, athletic message boards have been fairly big and frequented since around 2000. When I have met or run across UM posters who are assertive, bold or colorful on the message, I have noticed that alot of them are fairly plain or meek in person.

Montana has tens of thousands of loyal, good and knowledgeable fans, but the high level of success and consistency, has also created a breed of spoiled and complaining fans. They don't like to be called bad fans, but that's what they are.

I'm old school. I believe fans should support their team through thick and thin. I see no reason to say harsh things about players at this level. I see no reason to say nasty things about coaches and players from the stands. I see no reason to say unkind things to and around families of coaches and players (which has happened occasionally). I see no reason to boo the team (which has happened at times during about 3 of the seasons in this decade). I have no use for the harshest posters on message boards.

The all-knowing, all-seeing one has spoken. Bow down in his presence.

Some posters are meek in person, eh Greenie? But, in your case, you are just as much a chest-thumper, name dropper, jock sniffer in person as you are on the board. The MO Club and Red's Bar regulars make you a standing joke. And, your buddy argh!, who spent some time in your box-in-the-sky watching you work the crowd, says your are the biggest *sshole he has ever met.

Next.

Wolfman
September 26th, 2008, 09:58 AM
If Reilly was so highly regarded out of high school, why did he accept an offer from Montana Tech, an NAIA school?

Bennett never said Reilly had NFL potential. He now says, after the fact, that he knew Reilly had college potential.

So, now the "Player's Rep" spokesperson is now speaking for Grady Bennett? A guy with your IQ should have a low voice too.

By the way, Bennett thinks you are an *sshole too! xlolx

Wolfman
September 26th, 2008, 10:00 AM
The difference between OSU of late, and the Griz of late, is that Montana NEVER gets blown out in any big game. Losing 47-13 is a little different than losing 23-22.

The Griz always show that they can play with anyone. The fact that we've been on the losing end in games that could have gone either way certainly doesn't bother me. There's no shame in losing to Wofford by one point. There's no shame in losing to UMASS by 2 points. Both of those teams won their conferences, which people always say are the two best in FCS. We can play with anyone.

That being said, you can't win them all. I think ASU has given you too much of a leg to stand on these last few years. They're about as close as you can get to perfection these last three years, but that almost NEVER happens at any level in any sport. Don't let it go to your head with some silly inferiority complex.

No team is perfect. Get over yourself. xpeacex

There are "degrees of losing"? Puh-lease! Perhaps you should start fololowing Dancing With the Stars instead of football. xrotatehx

MTGrizzFan
September 26th, 2008, 10:01 AM

I don't get it either.

uofmman1122
September 26th, 2008, 10:02 AM
There are "degrees of losing"? Puh-lease! Perhaps you should start fololowing Dancing With the Stars instead of football. xrotatehxWell, according to you and Alpha, there are degrees of winning, so why would it be so outrageous to assume there'd be degrees of losing, too? xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx

RationalGriz
September 26th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Wolfman, I did not realize that any coaches either recruited players that did not work out, or pass on guys that excelled at another school. If Hauck missed on the kid, he would not be the first coach to miss on a kid. You look for anything to bash Hauck. Am I a firm backer of Hauck? Not on your life, but this topic is trivial to any argument you may have against him.

GolfingGriz
September 26th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Well, according to you and Alpha, there are degrees of winning, so why would it be so outrageous to assume there'd be degrees of losing, too? xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx

haha this answer should be goodxlolx

griz8791
September 26th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Well, according to you and Alpha, there are degrees of winning, so why would it be so outrageous to assume there'd be degrees of losing, too? xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx

xoutofrepx

BlueHen86
September 26th, 2008, 11:24 AM

Has Hauck ever been divorced?
I'm thinking Wolfman is an unhappy ex-wife.xlolx

placidlakegriz
September 26th, 2008, 11:30 AM
If Hauck goes all the way this year and wins the NC, will you still find something to be pissed at him about?

He has already said there is nothing Hauck can do to get his support.

Wolfman
September 26th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Wolfman, I did not realize that any coaches either recruited players that did not work out, or pass on guys that excelled at another school. If Hauck missed on the kid, he would not be the first coach to miss on a kid. You look for anything to bash Hauck. Am I a firm backer of Hauck? Not on your life, but this topic is trivial to any argument you may have against him.

It's just any nail in his coffin, RationalGriz. I become nauseated reading about how great of a recruiter Hauck is. And his failure to addequately check out Reilly reveals that he is not as great as many would think.

He is a great recruiter in the state of Montana. But then, a trained monkey could get Montana kids to come to UM instead of MSU. There is no comparison in the two programs. But Hauck is the weakest of the last four head coaches in recruiting out-of-state athletes, which include the skill players we need to compete on a national level.

Name one great QB he has recruited in his 6 years? Name one great wide receiver he has recruited? The last great high school wide-outs we have had were Molden and Talmadge, both recruited by previous coaches. Mariani was not even recruited by Hauck. He was like finding a diamond in a cow patty for our wonder boy recruiter. Same for Colt Anderson.

The "no spin zone" answer on Hauck as a recruiter is this:

!) he has done a great job in the state of Montana
2) he has done a poor job at recruiting out-of-state H.S. kids
3) many of his out-of-state recruits have left the program
4) he plugs in his holes with IA drop-downs. Many have criminal problems, or just don't work out (Chambers anyone?)
5) he has left the cupboard bare with his failure to recruit a good young RB, and FG kicker.

Once again, Wolfman bringing parity to a sugar-coater Griz Nation. xsmiley_wix

Wolfman
September 26th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Has Hauck ever been divorced?
I'm thinking Wolfman is an unhappy ex-wife.xlolx

So, a thought crossed your mind? Must have been a long and lonely journey. xeyebrowx

RationalGriz
September 26th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Wolfy, it would seem to me that all but a coach at Montana Tech and a coach at WSU did not miss on the kid coming out of high school and I would assume that CWU is about the only school to not miss on him when he looked to transfer. It looks as though Hauck is in a large majority of coaches to miss on him. Instead of bashing Hauck and the many that missed, you should be praising CWU for taking a chance and hitting one out of the park.

Wolfman
September 26th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Wolfy, it would seem to me that all but a coach at Montana Tech and a coach at WSU did not miss on the kid coming out of high school and I would assume that CWU is about the only school to not miss on him when he looked to transfer. It looks as though Hauck is in a large majority of coaches to miss on him. Instead of bashing Hauck and the many that missed, you should be praising CWU for taking a chance and hitting one out of the park.

That is not true. Eastern Washington and Weber State were trying to get him when he left Wazzu, but he wanted to play for the Griz. When Hauck passed, he decided to go where he had a couple of buddies playing. Just the facts, mam.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 26th, 2008, 11:56 AM

I agree, your posts and IQ are a lot like a football helmet.

BlueHen86
September 26th, 2008, 11:57 AM
So, a thought crossed your mind? Must have been a long and lonely journey. xeyebrowx

One which you no doubt have never taken.

RationalGriz
September 26th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Wolfy, even if those schools were interested, that makes 5. Still looks like Hauck was in the majority. You make it seem like he was the only guy that missed on him. Recruiting is not a science, it is a crap shoot. A coach makes good decisions and bad decisions, but not one of them makes the right decision all the time. I am not going to bash Hauck over this kid. Hauck would probably be the first to admit he missed on the kid. Heck, you might as well throw that you dislike his shoes as another reason for you not to like him. I hate how he coaches not to lose instead of to win, I hate the conservative, unimaginative offense, I hate what the football program has become from top to bottom, but come on.

cats2506
September 26th, 2008, 12:10 PM
It's just any nail in his coffin, RationalGriz. I become nauseated reading about how great of a recruiter Hauck is. And his failure to addequately check out Reilly reveals that he is not as great as many would think.

He is a great recruiter in the state of Montana. But then, a trained monkey could get Montana kids to come to UM instead of MSU. There is no comparison in the two programs. But Hauck is the weakest of the last four head coaches in recruiting out-of-state athletes, which include the skill players we need to compete on a national level.

Name one great QB he has recruited in his 6 years? Name one great wide receiver he has recruited? The last great high school wide-outs we have had were Molden and Talmadge, both recruited by previous coaches. Mariani was not even recruited by Hauck. He was like finding a diamond in a cow patty for our wonder boy recruiter. Same for Colt Anderson.

!) he has done a great job in the state of Montana
2) he has done a poor job at recruiting out-of-state H.S. kids
3) many of his out-of-state recruits have left the program
4) he plugs in his holes with IA drop-downs. Many have criminal problems, or just don't work out (Chambers anyone?)
5) he has left the cupboard bare with his failure to recruit a good young RB, and FG kicker.

Once again, Wolfman bringing parity to a sugar-coater Griz Nation. xsmiley_wix

Hauck has lost ground in the state of Montana too. MSU probably has one of the better front 7 defenses in the Big Sky this year and 5 of that front 7 are "Montana Boys"

Montanan
September 26th, 2008, 12:11 PM

how dare you make such insinuations abt Wolfy's character (ROFLMAO)!

got your back here Wolfy, proof positive wolfy has a line(s) of communication to Carolina Panthers...

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x102/Montanan_1/AGS2/friend-o-wolfy.gif

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x102/Montanan_1/AGS2/wolfys_friend.gif

in fact, he has many of these friends, or as he refers to them - football contacts.xnodx xlolx xnodx

IABison
September 26th, 2008, 01:16 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

You're the last person who should be calling something "no spin", fruitcake. xcoolx

(Anxiously awaiting wolfie's grade school name calling response. xscanx )

Green26
September 26th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Wolfie operates in the No Fact and Mostly Lie Zone. How can one person make so many mistakes and spew so much venum and so many lies? He's the leading joke of Griz nation, in the athletic department and the university administration, and among parents, players, fans and posters. Had he not had a piece of real estate in Missoula that he dangled in front of the university for years, no would have associated with him.

Wolfman
September 26th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Wolfie operates in the No Fact and Mostly Lie Zone. How can one person make so many mistakes and spew so much venum and so many lies? He's the leading joke of Griz nation, in the athletic department and the university administration, and among parents, players, fans and posters. Had he not had a piece of real estate in Missoula that he dangled in front of the university for years, no would have associated with him.

A lawyer who can not spell. I guess we know now why you have so much time on your hands playing on three or four message boards, as well as sucking up to all of your foils.

I am sure that your law practice is very successful! But, according to your partners, Jack (is your last name Mehoff?) you are as much of a joke there as you are to Griz Nation.

Your drivel about dangling a piece of real estate is humerous. Why do you continue to embarrass yourself day after day? I dine with the Dennisons. You rub nipples with your pseudo friends in the athletic department.

I see that you have taken your ball and gone home on egriz.com. You were on there whining about the fact that several posters were not playing nice, and you no longer would provide all of us with your priceless "inside information" straight from your plethora of important contacts. We are all holding our breath in anticipation, because none of us can exist another single day without all of your "corrections" and "inside scoop". You are a big baby when the masses of posters on there call ********* to your sick little game of one-ups-man-ship, so you take your ball and go home. Poor baby! xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

argh! just emailed me, making fun of your sorry arse. You are such a tool.

Wolfman
September 26th, 2008, 02:55 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

You're the last person who should be calling something "no spin", fruitcake. xcoolx

(Anxiously awaiting wolfie's grade school name calling response. xscanx )

You are living proof that Indians did fornicate with bison. xlolx

Wolfman
September 26th, 2008, 02:57 PM
how dare you make such insinuations abt Wolfy's character (ROFLMAO)!

got your back here Wolfy, proof positive wolfy has a line(s) of communication to Carolina Panthers...

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x102/Montanan_1/AGS2/friend-o-wolfy.gif

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x102/Montanan_1/AGS2/wolfys_friend.gif

in fact, he has many of these friends, or as he refers to them - football contacts.xnodx xlolx xnodx

Well, get out your bank roll, pin head. I would love to take some of your weekly pay. A demitasse would fit your head like a sobrero. xsmiley_wix

Wolfman
September 26th, 2008, 03:01 PM
I agree, your posts and IQ are a lot like a football helmet.

Yeah, and he (allegedly) played D-back. So, you can figure what his IQ must be from the number on his helmet

Proud Griz Man
September 26th, 2008, 03:55 PM
That is not true. Eastern Washington and Weber State were trying to get him when he left Wazzu, but he wanted to play for the Griz. When Hauck passed, he decided to go where he had a couple of buddies playing. Just the facts, mam.

From what I know, Hauck did recruit Biermann and Carpenter (both all-americans, now in NFL) and completed the sales job that brought Hilliard and Ochs to Montana. His winning record and recruiting successes speak for themselves. You have to give the Montana coaches some credit if they get Colt Anderson to walk on, and later earn his scholarship.
You can't take individual, isolated cases and spin them into a pattern of errors. Coaches don't guess 100%. Did Don Read recruit Tim Hauck out of high school? No. And another thing, you can't give Dave Shramm all of the credit for recruiting Green, when Bobby Hauck hired Shramm as assistant coach and recruiting coordinator.

GolfingGriz
September 26th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I still want an answer to this

slostang
September 26th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Well you got to give it to Wolfie. He got us to post 7 pages on what is really a non topic. You can point out talent that every college coach has past on that they wish they had not. Hauck is no exception.

uofmman1122
September 26th, 2008, 09:05 PM
I still want an answer to thisDon't hold your breath. xlolx xrotatehx

Wolfman
September 26th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Well you got to give it to Wolfie. He got us to post 7 pages on what is really a non topic. You can point out talent that every college coach has past on that they wish they had not. Hauck is no exception.

Every coach has "past"???? Is that a Cal Poly education you have there, or did you attend Whattsamatta U.?

Wolfman
September 26th, 2008, 10:15 PM
From what I know, Hauck did recruit Biermann and Carpenter (both all-americans, now in NFL) and completed the sales job that brought Hilliard and Ochs to Montana. His winning record and recruiting successes speak for themselves. You have to give the Montana coaches some credit if they get Colt Anderson to walk on, and later earn his scholarship.
You can't take individual, isolated cases and spin them into a pattern of errors. Coaches don't guess 100%. Did Don Read recruit Tim Hauck out of high school? No. And another thing, you can't give Dave Shramm all of the credit for recruiting Green, when Bobby Hauck hired Shramm as assistant coach and recruiting coordinator.

You are spinning the "completed the sales job" to get Hilliard and Ochs. Hilliard was a firm commitment before Hauck even got the job. Ochs was also firmly commited to Joe Glenn, after walking into his office unannounced to say he wanted to play for Montana. Saying Hauck had ANYTHING to do with either of these two is a joke.

Bobby Hauck had never even heard of Green. My sources state that Hauck had to be talked into even looking at him by Schram. His being in Missoula was 100% because Schram pushed hard with Hauck.

Now, the Green Weenie will be on here to dispute these truths in ...........10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 minutes.

Hellgate60
September 26th, 2008, 10:16 PM
A lawyer who can not spell. I guess we know now why you have so much time on your hands playing on three or four message boards, as well as sucking up to all of your foils.

I am sure that your law practice is very successful! But, according to your partners, Jack (is your last name Mehoff?) you are as much of a joke there as you are to Griz Nation.

Your drivel about dangling a piece of real estate is humerous. Why do you continue to embarrass yourself day after day? I dine with the Dennisons. You rub nipples with your pseudo friends in the athletic department.

I see that you have taken your ball and gone home on egriz.com. You were on there whining about the fact that several posters were not playing nice, and you no longer would provide all of us with your priceless "inside information" straight from your plethora of important contacts. We are all holding our breath in anticipation, because none of us can exist another single day without all of your "corrections" and "inside scoop". You are a big baby when the masses of posters on there call ********* to your sick little game of one-ups-man-ship, so you take your ball and go home. Poor baby! xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

argh! just emailed me, making fun of your sorry arse. You are such a tool.

I like all of your name drops in your posts. You dine with the Dennisons. Argh! emails you. You know a Panthers scout. Is there a reason why you are doing this? Are you trying to make us believe that you actually have friends?

Wolfman
September 26th, 2008, 10:23 PM
I still want an answer to this

That's Alphie's bitch, not mine. We do both agree that Hauck plays
not to lose" instead of going for the knock-out punch. I do think that Hauck has been extremely lucky more times than not in winning games in which we werre totally outplayed, like the EWU game last year.

Our offense is outgained in many games which we win, because our defense gets so many turnovers and gives us a short firld so often. As a fellow Griz fan stated, "Hauck must have sold his soul to the devil" to come out of so many close games in which he was outplayed and outcoached.

uofmman1122
September 26th, 2008, 10:33 PM
That's Alphie's bitch, not mine. We do both agree that Hauck plays
not to lose" instead of going for the knock-out punch. I do think that Hauck has been extremely lucky more times than not in winning games in which we werre totally outplayed, like the EWU game last year.

Our offense is outgained in many games which we win, because our defense gets so many turnovers and gives us a short firld so often. As a fellow Griz fan stated, "Hauck must have sold his soul to the devil" to come out of so many close games in which he was outplayed and outcoached.You pretty much just admitted that you feel there's a difference in wins, otherwise it wouldn't mater what our offensive numbers were compared to other teams.

It's either a win is a win and a loss is a loss, or there are degrees of both winning and losing. You can't say a loss is a loss, and a win has varying degrees.

As they say, "You're tyin' two granny knots with a loop, and it aint happenin'." xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

Wolfman
September 26th, 2008, 10:40 PM
You pretty much just admitted that you feel there's a difference in wins, otherwise it wouldn't mater what our offensive numbers were compared to other teams.

It's either a win is a win and a loss is a loss, or there are degrees of both winning and losing. You can't say a loss is a loss, and a win has varying degrees.

As they say, "You're tyin' two granny knots with a loop, and it aint happenin'." xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

Whatever, Hauck's offense is somnombulant. Is that clear enough for you? I don't care about your dissection of my statements. My analysis is sugar-free, and transparent, unlike the drivel spewed by folks with an agenda like Green26 (keeping Hauck as a boyfriend), or the many sugar-coating pedestrian fans who had been sedated by Bobby Hauck's offense over the past 5 seasons. If you watch that ***** for so long, you start to think it is normal!

slostang
September 26th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Every coach has "past"???? Is that a Cal Poly education you have there, or did you attend Whattsamatta U.?

That is all you could attack on the post, the fact that I was typing fast and typed "past" instead of "passed"???? You could not argue with what the post said so instead you point out my lack of typing skills.

Every college coach in America has passed on a player that they ended up wishing they had signed. Can you argue with that??? You point to one player that Hauck, along with other coaches, passed on to prove he is a bad coach. You are reaching Wolfie and everyone reading this thread knows it. You know it, you just wont say so.

Green26
September 26th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Just got back from Red's and the Mo Club. No one had ever heard of you by your real name, Wolfie.

However, when I said your posting name, everyone started laughing. Saw Chris of egriz too. Forgot to ask him how many times he's had to kick you off egriz now.

Was with a couple of argh's high school classmates too. They confirmed again that argh always has been always been a odd duck.

President Dennison has to hold his nose everytime he's around you, Wolfie. Hopefully, that piece of real estate is now in that charitable remainder trust by now, so that people don't have to pretend to talk to you.

mtgrizfan4life
September 27th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Wolfie, I will agree with you on one thing, you do not sugar coat! As for the other things you have posted, said, etc, they are opinions. Your opinion is right in your mind. Just as my opinions or anyones opinions are right in that person's mind. A bad coach does not have winning percentage in any conference that Hauck has. A bad coach does not produce NFL talent that Hauck has, which by the way, if you have not noticed, he has coached more NFL players than many FBS coaches. I will admit Hauck does not win pretty, but he wins every year in this conference!

I admit the only thing consistent about the offense is the inconsistency, especially come playoff time. I admit I have no f'n idea why he has stuck with Phenicie through the years. If anything, that says alot about Hauck's personal and professional loyality. He wins in ways that many GRIZ fans are not used to. However, every year his defenses get better by year's end. Every year our special teams are amongst the best in the nation. As for the kicking struggles this year, I have no doubts that will come together come playoff time. McKnight has a very good leg, and rest of the group WILL get it together.

This finally seems to be year where the offensive playcalling is better than usual. The offense ran well with an experience SR QB under Ochs, and it will run well with another SR QB in Bergquist.

As for out of state talent, Balogh was an out of state recruit. He coached instate recruits Carpenter, Hilliard, Biermann, and Harris to NFL looks, squads, and rosters. That is 5 in the last 2 years! Not many higher level programs can say that! As for Carpenter, does anyone recall his 1st GRIZ scrimmage, I do. He was line driving the ball all over, left, right, hitting the crossbar, etc. It was UGLY! Hauck straightened him out just fine.

As for your remark on Chambers, you crossed the line there personally and professionally. Chambers suffered a career ending shoulder injury sacrificing for GRIZNATION. There is not anything Chambers, Hauck, or anyone could have done to prevent that. Your bashing and hating Hauck is ridiculous, yet I can respect your opinions, despite disagreeing with you. However, bashing Chambers or any player for a career ending injury is unacceptable, disrespectful, uncalled for, and that of a low life A S S!!!! Sorry but you crossed the line there, and for that alone I have very little respect for you personally. As for your opinions, they never vary regarding Hauck, therefore, I take them with a grain of salt.

As for you against Green26, well that is between you 2. However, if he is who I think he is on EGRIZ, on a few occasions he has given me very accurate and appreciated inside information. Much more consistent and accurate than your BS! Go back to your sewer and come out when we get a coach to your liking. Which I am sure will be all offense and no defense, with next to no players going to the NFL.

To rest of AGS, this guy is in the minority of GRIZNATION. WE are spoiled. He is not only spolied, but (you all insert your own words here.) I wish no fan base had a fan with this extreme disrespect for a program and coach.

Proud Griz Man
September 27th, 2008, 01:14 AM
You are spinning the "completed the sales job" to get Hilliard and Ochs. Hilliard was a firm commitment before Hauck even got the job. Ochs was also firmly commited to Joe Glenn, after walking into his office unannounced to say he wanted to play for Montana. Saying Hauck had ANYTHING to do with either of these two is a joke.

Bobby Hauck had never even heard of Green. My sources state that Hauck had to be talked into even looking at him by Schram. His being in Missoula was 100% because Schram pushed hard with Hauck.

Not according to Hilliard and Ochs. Ochs returned to Missoula to coach with Bobby Hauck. No jokes.

I truly doubt Hauck offered Green a scholarship unseen. I doubt the accuracy of your story.

xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

Tailbone
September 27th, 2008, 09:13 AM

C'mon Stevie......

Who are you to criticize another's spelling?
......calibre?????

You are an idiot, mr. pickle. xlolx

Wolfman
September 27th, 2008, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE=Tailbone;1122101]C'mon Stevie......

Who are you to criticize another's spelling?
......calibre?????

Good lawyers know how to spell. Greenie can not spell. Greenie is a lawyer. Therefore Greenie is a worthless lawyer.

As for me, I could care less about spelling. You are just pissed because that Oriental girl beat you out for the 8th grade spelling bee chasmpionship, nerd that you are.

With a name like Tailboner, you should be ashamed to even post on an athletic message board. One board more your speed might be: bendover.com xlolx Tailboner. Gives me the creeps just thinking about it!

Montanan
September 27th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Not according to Hilliard and Ochs. Ochs returned to Missoula to coach with Bobby Hauck. No jokes.

I truly doubt Hauck offered Green a scholarship unseen. I doubt the accuracy of your story.

always nice to start out the day with a chuckle. xlolx

Wolfman
September 27th, 2008, 09:24 AM

Who said that Ochs did not like Hauck? I just said that he did not have to recruit Ochs. I stand behind the Green statement. It is true. Believe what you wish. Hauck has got all of you sugar coaters sedated about reality.

Wolfman
September 27th, 2008, 09:25 AM
always nice to start out the day with a chuckle. xlolx

Then you are easily amused. You will fit right in with the other Hauck supporters watching Bobby's juggernaut offense today.

Wolfman
September 27th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Wolfie, I will agree with you on one thing, you do not sugar coat! As for the other things you have posted, said, etc, they are opinions. Your opinion is right in your mind. Just as my opinions or anyones opinions are right in that person's mind. A bad coach does not have winning percentage in any conference that Hauck has. A bad coach does not produce NFL talent that Hauck has, which by the way, if you have not noticed, he has coached more NFL players than many FBS coaches. I will admit Hauck does not win pretty, but he wins every year in this conference!

I admit the only thing consistent about the offense is the inconsistency, especially come playoff time. I admit I have no f'n idea why he has stuck with Phenicie through the years. If anything, that says alot about Hauck's personal and professional loyality. He wins in ways that many GRIZ fans are not used to. However, every year his defenses get better by year's end. Every year our special teams are amongst the best in the nation. As for the kicking struggles this year, I have no doubts that will come together come playoff time. McKnight has a very good leg, and rest of the group WILL get it together.

This finally seems to be year where the offensive playcalling is better than usual. The offense ran well with an experience SR QB under Ochs, and it will run well with another SR QB in Bergquist.

As for out of state talent, Balogh was an out of state recruit. He coached instate recruits Carpenter, Hilliard, Biermann, and Harris to NFL looks, squads, and rosters. That is 5 in the last 2 years! Not many higher level programs can say that! As for Carpenter, does anyone recall his 1st GRIZ scrimmage, I do. He was line driving the ball all over, left, right, hitting the crossbar, etc. It was UGLY! Hauck straightened him out just fine.

As for your remark on Chambers, you crossed the line there personally and professionally. Chambers suffered a career ending shoulder injury sacrificing for GRIZNATION. There is not anything Chambers, Hauck, or anyone could have done to prevent that. Your bashing and hating Hauck is ridiculous, yet I can respect your opinions, despite disagreeing with you. However, bashing Chambers or any player for a career ending injury is unacceptable, disrespectful, uncalled for, and that of a low life A S S!!!! Sorry but you crossed the line there, and for that alone I have very little respect for you personally. As for your opinions, they never vary regarding Hauck, therefore, I take them with a grain of salt.

As for you against Green26, well that is between you 2. However, if he is who I think he is on EGRIZ, on a few occasions he has given me very accurate and appreciated inside information. Much more consistent and accurate than your BS! Go back to your sewer and come out when we get a coach to your liking. Which I am sure will be all offense and no defense, with next to no players going to the NFL.

To rest of AGS, this guy is in the minority of GRIZNATION. WE are spoiled. He is not only spolied, but (you all insert your own words here.) I wish no fan base had a fan with this extreme disrespect for a program and coach.

Eu contrare, my short peckered friend! The majority of Griz fans wish Hauck and Phen Phen would go bye bye. In fact, I was at Red's bar last evening, it was packed with Griz fans. Many had dtiven hundreds of miles to watch the team playtoday. The VAST MAJORITY of fans I talked to do not like Hauck as a coach. But, do these silent majority post on message boards? No.

There are 20-30 sugar coaters who muck-up these boards with their myopic blind loyalty to Bobby Hauck, just because he wins a bunch of meaningless regular season games. The silent majority knows Hauck can not win the big one.

You and your pin headed buddies eat too many Frosted Flakes. Get a clue about the majority of Griz fans. 30 message board posters do NOT represent the Griz Nation fan base.

Dummy up if you can not make a better case.

Oh, by the way. That phantom should injury for Chambers was just that. You have been duped by the Bobby Hauck "no tell policy" regarding players. Believe what you will. Many of us know the truth. I don't appreciate your cheap=@ssed name calling. I'm sure you are a real neat guy in person! xrolleyesx

Wolfman
September 27th, 2008, 09:35 AM
I like all of your name drops in your posts. You dine with the Dennisons. Argh! emails you. You know a Panthers scout. Is there a reason why you are doing this? Are you trying to make us believe that you actually have friends?

The truth always hurts those who do not measure up. xsmiley_wix

Tailbone
September 27th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Wolfboy’s new prosthesis.

Steve, your preoccupation with male genitalia is, uh.....interesting.
You should visit my friend Sigmund, I think he'd find you fascinating. By the way, (speaking of Sigmund) How's your mother?

SNAP! Wolfboy grimaced as the waistband of his spandex trunks returned to its unexpanded state. He leaned back in his chaise, sipped his corona, and silently acknowledged the absurdity of repeated inspections of his new appendage. "Hell, It's OK to enjoy the fruits of my immense wealth." he rationalized "What good is it to be a self made gazillionaire if I can't spend my money on truly worthwhile things?" He leaned forward and again raising the waistband, he peered over his ample waist at his purchase. "ten-thousand dollars per inch" he thought "but worth every penny of the hundred thousand dollars" Now he'd no longer be the butt of "small man" jokes, not since he'd been fitted with his new prosthesis.

SNAP! Wolfie grimaced again as the waistband of his spandex trunks returned to it's unexpanded state. He leaned back in his chaise, smiled, and sipped his corona. xrolleyesx

Wolfman
September 27th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Wolfboy’s new prosthesis.

Steve, your preoccupation with male genitalia is, uh.....interesting.
You should visit my friend Sigmund, I think he'd find you fascinating. By the way, (speaking of Sigmund) How's your mother?

SNAP! Wolfboy grimaced as the waistband of his spandex trunks returned to its unexpanded state. He leaned back in his chaise, sipped his corona, and silently acknowledged the absurdity of repeated inspections of his new appendage. "Hell, It's OK to enjoy the fruits of my immense wealth." he rationalized "What good is it to be a self made gazillionaire if I can't spend my money on truly worthwhile things?" He leaned forward and again raising the waistband, he peered over his ample waist at his purchase. "ten-thousand dollars per inch" he thought "but worth every penny of the hundred thousand dollars" Now he'd no longer be the butt of "small man" jokes, not since he'd been fitted with his new prosthesis.

SNAP! Wolfie grimaced again as the waistband of his spandex trunks returned to it's unexpanded state. He leaned back in his chaise, smiled, and sipped his corona. xrolleyesx

From 8th grade second place in the spelling bee, to creative writing 101. Do we need to read more? You should really find a new hobby, Tailboner.

I know that the thought of sweaty football players stripping out of their post-game jock straps gives you a special tingling sensation. But really now, wouldn't one of the boys club web sites be more up your ally (no pun intended)?

KNUTS
September 27th, 2008, 10:11 AM
The majority of Griz fans wish Hauck and Phen Phen would go bye bye. In fact, I was at Red's bar last evening, it was packed with Griz fans. Many had dtiven hundreds of miles to watch the team playtoday. The VAST MAJORITY of fans I talked to do not like Hauck as a coach. But, do these silent majority post on message boards? No.

It's real easy to post on an anonymous message board under a made up name and rip universities, programs, and coaches. The "VAST MAJORITY" of fans that you speak of support their team and it's coaching staff rain or shine. In fact had anybody at Red's known you were the "Wolfman" you probably would have gotten the snot beat out of you!

RationalGriz
September 27th, 2008, 10:45 AM
From looking at Wolfy's previous posts, I see an insecure person that likes to act tough behind his internet persona. He lacks any valuable social skills as he can do nothing more than resort to name calling and profanity when anyone questions his posts with a valid counter point. I believe that Wolfy is more of a bully than an astute business man. I also believe that Wolfy is not friends with all the names he drops, he just latches on to them at the events he can attend because of said business tact.

Houndawg
September 27th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Eu contrare, my short peckered friend! The majority of Griz fans wish Hauck and Phen Phen would go bye bye. In fact, I was at Red's bar last evening, it was packed with Griz fans. Many had dtiven hundreds of miles to watch the team playtoday. The VAST MAJORITY of fans I talked to do not like Hauck as a coach. But, do these silent majority post on message boards? No.

There are 20-30 sugar coaters who muck-up these boards with their myopic blind loyalty to Bobby Hauck, just because he wins a bunch of meaningless regular season games. The silent majority knows Hauck can not win the big one.

You and your pin headed buddies eat too many Frosted Flakes. Get a clue about the majority of Griz fans. 30 message board posters do NOT represent the Griz Nation fan base.

Dummy up if you can not make a better case.

Oh, by the way. That phantom should injury for Chambers was just that. You have been duped by the Bobby Hauck "no tell policy" regarding players. Believe what you will. Many of us know the truth. I don't appreciate your cheap=@ssed name calling. I'm sure you are a real neat guy in person! xrolleyesx

It's au contraire, Pierre.

grizband
September 27th, 2008, 10:59 AM
This argument reminds me of comments made by the UCONN basketball coach after playing Providence College a few years ago. At the time, Ryan Gomes played for Providence, and when asked why he didn't recruit Gomes, the UCONN coach basically said "we can't get them all - we have plenty of good players on our team, but sometimes we miss one."

Wolfman
September 27th, 2008, 11:25 AM
It's real easy to post on an anonymous message board under a made up name and rip universities, programs, and coaches. The "VAST MAJORITY" of fans that you speak of support their team and it's coaching staff rain or shine. In fact had anybody at Red's known you were the "Wolfman" you probably would have gotten the snot beat out of you!

Your childish post espouses thec typical meathead philoshy of so many sugar coaters...... "if he doesn't agree with us, we will beat him up". High school stuff, don't you think?

I don't hide from anyone. Many many Griz fans whom I meet, in Missoula, as well as if Phoenix know who I am. Most agree with me about our coach. Those who don't....fine. It is their right as a fan. But, I will not be intimidated by self-serving "fans" like you who think that fans can not have discenting opinions.

Wolfman
September 27th, 2008, 11:25 AM
It's au contraire, Pierre.

Whatever, I never liked the French anyway.

Wolfman
September 27th, 2008, 11:27 AM
From looking at Wolfy's previous posts, I see an insecure person that likes to act tough behind his internet persona. He lacks any valuable social skills as he can do nothing more than resort to name calling and profanity when anyone questions his posts with a valid counter point. I believe that Wolfy is more of a bully than an astute business man. I also believe that Wolfy is not friends with all the names he drops, he just latches on to them at the events he can attend because of said business tact.

Gee, I guess my two businesses which sold for millions and allowed me to retire at 47 years of age were just luck. And all along I thought I was a good businessman! xnodx

Wolfman
September 27th, 2008, 11:34 AM
TO THE SUGAR COATERS OF GRIZ NATION:

I am not an A-hole like you think. If you met me in person, I am sure you would agree. In fact, I have met several of you, and you can not believe that I am the same guy as the message board persona.

I really just enjoy mental sparring and trading put-downs. Sort of a hobby after watching Don Rickles for so long.

Some of you are just too easy, however, and I am able to suck you into my little game with little or no effort. Pick it up a bit. No offense to you. It is just a game, like football.

And, thanks for playing.

Houndawg
September 27th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Your childish post espouses thec typical meathead philoshy of so many sugar coaters...... "if he doesn't agree with us, we will beat him up". High school stuff, don't you think?

I don't hide from anyone. Many many Griz fans whom I meet, in Missoula, as well as if Phoenix know who I am. Most agree with me about our coach. Those who don't....fine. It is their right as a fan. But, I will not be intimidated by self-serving "fans" like you who think that fans can not have discenting opinions.

Geez, for a guy that makes a big deal about spelling you sure don't....well let's put it this way, I'm not laughing with you. xlolx xlolx

KNUTS
September 27th, 2008, 11:57 AM

Considering the fact that it sounds like a child wrote your post I'll let this slide. How do you use "espouses" and then misspell PHILOSOPHY?

I simply stated that it is easy to go on message boards and say whatever one wants when there is no accountability for them. I have been in Red's most of my adult life and have never heard the name Wolfman. I doubt that you would ever say any of this crap you sling directly to Bobby or any of his staff. In fact I see you as the type that buys him a beer and says good win coach.

As far as the "self serving," I have never stated that I have made millions and retired at 47.

My point is that getting on AGS and saying stupid S@#t only to piss off good college football fans is a little childish. I would never deny anyone thier opinion. However, I withhold my opinion of you and those like you because there aren't enough dirty words to form a descriptive statement accurate enough for you.

mtgrizfan4life
September 27th, 2008, 01:33 PM
From the Missoulian today, go ahead bash Hauck for passing on Reilly, but what about Anderson, Dow, Russum, and Quinn being looked at today by NFL scouts? I guess Hauck had nothing to do with recruiting them either or developing them. (WTG Bobby, I am glad you can recognize possible NFL talent and let them just get to that point on their own....LOL.)

Out of curiosity, why didn't these guys to another school? How many coaches missed on these guys?

QUICK KICKS: A few NFL scouts are expected this weekend to watch Montana guards Colin Dow and Brent Russum, center J.D. Quinn and Anderson in the secondary as well as corner Courtney Smith, Reilly and Bronson for the Wildcats.

Wolfman
September 27th, 2008, 08:50 PM
NEWS FLASH ON YET ANOTHER HAUCK GAFF:

The following story is true, as I sit before God. I was sitting in my seats today at Wa/Griz, and the guy and his wife sitting next to me were not the regular two who own the season tickets. They had bought them for this game from the owners.

While talking with these folks, the subject of why Reilly, a Montana high school kid, was not playing for the Griz. This guy then tells me that Reilly is not the only great player who wanted to play for the Griz and Hauck passed on.

It seems that his wife's sister (who was sitting next to him and confirmed the entire story),was born and raised in Montana, moved to Washington and married a black man. That man had a last name of Boyce. They had a son named Aaron. Aaron loved the Griz because of his mom's connection to Montana, and dreamed of playing for them. Aaron's mom, being a big Griz fan, drove Aaron over to Missoula his senior year in high school, wanting to introduce him to coach Hauck with the hope of Aaron becoming a Griz.

The mom, her sister from Missoula, and Aaron went to the athletic office to talk with Hauck about Aaron playing for the Griz. Aaron was told by Hauck that the Griz had already committed their allotment of scholarships for wide receivers, and could not use Aaron. Hauck purportedly did not even attempt to talk Aaron into walking on. He basically said "thanks but no thanks".

The kid reluctantly took a scholarship from EWU, who recruited him very hard. And, I am sure most of you know the rest of that story. Aaron Boyce is the best offensive football player in the Big Sky Conference. He is a Payton candidate, and projected to be drafted by the NFL.

Our wonder boy recruiter has sure snowed a bunch of you. He has great players fall into his lap, and passes over them. The stories just keep coming.

If Green26 comes on here to say that this never happened, to protect his boyfriend, he is lying. I did not even know these folks. My jaw dropped when I heard that story. I am sure anyone who wishes can check it out. But, it is absolutely true! These people, both big Griz fans, had no reason to fabricate this story.

Wolfman
September 27th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Geez, for a guy that makes a big deal about spelling you sure don't....well let's put it this way, I'm not laughing with you. xlolx xlolx

Ever seen a typo before? I make no big deal about spelling. I leave that for the wannabees who can make no valid rebuttal to my posts other than to criticizw spelling, most of which are typos. But, go ahead and laugh your arse off. I could care less.

CopperCat
September 27th, 2008, 09:47 PM
NEWS FLASH ON YET ANOTHER HAUCK GAFF:

The following story is true, as I sit before God. I was sitting in my seats today at Wa/Griz, and the guy and his wife sitting next to me were not the regular two who own the season tickets. They had bought them for this game from the owners.

While talking with these folks, the subject of why Reilly, a Montana high school kid, was not playing for the Griz. This guy then tells me that Reilly is not the only great player who wanted to play for the Griz and Hauck passed on.

It seems that his wife's sister (who was sitting next to him and confirmed the entire story),was born and raised in Montana, moved to Washington and married a black man. That man had a last name of Boyce. They had a son named Aaron. Aaron loved the Griz because of his mom's connection to Montana, and dreamed of playing for them. Aaron's mom, being a big Griz fan, drove Aaron over to Missoula his senior year in high school, wanting to introduce him to coach Hauck with the hope of Aaron becoming a Griz.

And btw, I call B.S. This story is more bogus than a George Bush exit strategy.
The mom, her sister from Missoula, and Aaron went to the athletic office to talk with Hauck about Aaron playing for the Griz. Aaron was told by Hauck that the Griz had already committed their allotment of scholarships for wide receivers, and could not use Aaron. Hauck purportedly did not even attempt to talk Aaron into walking on. He basically said "thanks but no thanks".

The kid reluctantly took a scholarship from EWU, who recruited him very hard. And, I am sure most of you know the rest of that story. Aaron Boyce is the best offensive football player in the Big Sky Conference. He is a Payton candidate, and projected to be drafted by the NFL.

Our wonder boy recruiter has sure snowed a bunch of you. He has great players fall into his lap, and passes over them. The stories just keep coming.

If Green26 comes on here to say that this never happened, to protect his boyfriend, he is lying. I did not even know these folks. My jaw dropped when I heard that story. I am sure anyone who wishes can check it out. But, it is absolutely true! These people, both big Griz fans, had no reason to fabricate this story.

Stop going to the games. You are NOT a fan, you are an armchair ruffian who thinks he could do a better job of coaching/recruiting when the truth is you don't know the first damn thing about running a college football team. If I were an admin, you would be banned for being so stupid.

And btw, I call B.S. This story is more bogus than a George Bush exit strategy.

uofmman1122
September 27th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Stop going to the games. You are NOT a fan, you are an armchair ruffian who thinks he could do a better job of coaching/recruiting when the truth is you don't know the first damn thing about running a college football team. If I were an admin, you would be banned for being so stupid.

And btw, I call B.S. This story is more bogus than a George Bush exit strategy.FTG, Stop. PLEASE.

Every time I agree with something a Bobcat fan says, I die a little inside. xmadx

xlolxxlolxxlolxxthumbsupx

Wolfman
September 27th, 2008, 10:33 PM
I do not understand why the truth is so hard to swallow for so many. Don't kill the messinger. I am merely reporting what I heard today. There are bound to be other Griz fans who know about this story. Missoula is not that big of a town. I hope that they confirm this story.

Tailbone
September 27th, 2008, 10:55 PM
I do not understand why the truth is so hard to swallow for so many. Don't kill the messinger. I am merely reporting what I heard today. There are bound to be other Griz fans who know about this story. Missoula is not that big of a town. I hope that they confirm this story.

messinger, steve?????

http://www.amazon.com/Spelling-Made-Simple-Sheila-Henderson/dp/0385266421/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222573922&sr=8-1

Wolfman
September 27th, 2008, 11:06 PM
messinger, steve?????

http://www.amazon.com/Spelling-Made-Simple-Sheila-Henderson/dp/0385266421/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222573922&sr=8-1

You are living proof that manure can grow legs and walk

Tailbone
September 28th, 2008, 01:29 AM
You are living proof that manure can grow legs and walk

Way to go Steve, your spelling has improved but......you forgot to end your sentence with some punctuation.

Try this:
http://www.amazon.com/Grammar-Punctuation-Grade-2-Evan-Moor/dp/1557998469/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222582887&sr=1-10

C'mon Mr. Pickle, quit gherkin off and make something of yourself (other than an ass)!

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 28th, 2008, 01:34 AM
FTG, Stop. PLEASE.

Every time I agree with something a Bobcat fan says, I die a little inside. xmadx

xlolxxlolxxlolxxthumbsupx

Agreed and xlolx xlolx xlolx xsmiley_wix

Houndawg
September 28th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Ever seen a typo before? I make no big deal about spelling. I leave that for the wannabees who can make no valid rebuttal to my posts other than to criticizw spelling, most of which are typos. But, go ahead and laugh your arse off. I could care less.

Dude, If you could care less, you would.xrulesx

Wolfman
September 28th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Way to go Steve, your spelling has improved but......you forgot to end your sentence with some punctuation.

Try this:
http://www.amazon.com/Grammar-Punctuation-Grade-2-Evan-Moor/dp/1557998469/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222582887&sr=1-10

C'mon Mr. Pickle, quit gherkin off and make something of yourself (other than an ass)!

A half wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it....... xnodx

Wolfman
September 28th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Dude, If you could care less, you would.xrulesx

Kewl, dudess.

Grizzaholic
September 28th, 2008, 11:22 AM
I never thought I would see this thread make 12 pages. I figured it would be either locked or sent to smack a long time ago.

Wolfman
September 28th, 2008, 11:39 AM
I never thought I would see this thread make 12 pages. I figured it would be either locked or sent to smack a long time ago.

Then why do you keep reading? Could it be that......

Grizzaholic
September 28th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Then why do you keep reading? Could it be that......

WOW, you really are a dick, huh. I think I posted a few times on this thread then gave up. I still read most every thread about Big Sky teams on this site as well as a lot about other teams around the nation.

I will check with you next time I am about to read a thread and get your approval. I wouldn't want my eyes blurred or damaged by a thread that didn't meet your expectations.

Tailbone
September 28th, 2008, 11:51 AM
A half wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it....... xnodx

Which left you a mindless twit.......(my spf).

Wolfman
September 28th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Which left you a mindless twit.......(my spf).

Give it up, thong-wearer. Your smack is as weak as your wrist. Too bad stupidity isn't painful.

Tailbone
September 28th, 2008, 12:00 PM
.......Too bad stupidity isn't painful.

I'm glad it's not. I wouldn't wish that on even you, a pain so intense you'd wish for death.

Wolfman
September 28th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I'm glad it's not. I wouldn't wish that on even you, a pain so intense you'd wish for death.

The shot you through the stupid forest, and you didn't miss a tree.

Next.....

Tailbone
September 28th, 2008, 05:49 PM
The shot you through the stupid forest, and you didn't miss a tree.

Next.....

They.

Boy, you're dumber than a fencepost.
Does Mary know how dumb you are?