PDA

View Full Version : Rockets up 2-0 on the Mavs

blackfordpu
April 26th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Some are saying that the Rockets are the team to beat in the playoffs this season. They are showing that by winning the first two games of the first round in the playoffs over the Dallas Mavericks. Will this be the year of the "Yao?" Lets hope so.

Rockets story (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/basketball/nba/specials/playoffs/2005/04/26/hou.dal.ap/index.html)

TexasTerror
April 26th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Who needs Yao when you have 'Bo as in Mutumbo? He can't go a full game, but his productivity is equal, if not greater than Yao in recent games. Yao is great and provides a mismatch for opponents, but Mutumbo is coming on strong!

blackfordpu
April 26th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Who needs Yao when you have 'Bo as in Mutumbo? He can't go a full game, but his productivity is equal, if not greater than Yao in recent games. Yao is great and provides a mismatch for opponents, but Mutumbo is coming on strong!

Yea, it is never a bad thing to have two good big men. :)

polsongrizz
April 26th, 2005, 12:34 PM
**** I didn't even know Motumbo was still playing :confused:

eagleskins
April 26th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Dallas is not out of it yet. They could still win the series.

TexasTerror
April 26th, 2005, 05:06 PM
I think a lot of NBA experts wouldn't be too surprised if the Houston Rockets knocked Dallas out and went somewhat far in this side of the NBA playoff bracket. The Rockets are a solid team and would've been even better if Juwan Howard was back. Next year is going to be a fun year!

putter
April 27th, 2005, 12:02 PM
I'd say Yao was extremely productive!! 14-15 from the field and 7-7 from the Line. Not a bad night on the court if you ask me!

blackfordpu
April 27th, 2005, 01:31 PM
I think a lot of NBA experts wouldn't be too surprised if the Houston Rockets knocked Dallas out and went somewhat far in this side of the NBA playoff bracket. The Rockets are a solid team and would've been even better if Juwan Howard was back. Next year is going to be a fun year!

I dont think anyone would be suprised if the Rockets won the entire thing. Would you?

TexasTerror
April 27th, 2005, 02:10 PM
I dont think anyone would be suprised if the Rockets won the entire thing. Would you?

Jim Rome was saying some nice things today before, during and after his interview with Bob Sura. He likes the team...