PDA

View Full Version : The Shirt Exchange

griz&beer
September 12th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Just an idea, see what you guys think? Lets set up a thread so a person can exchange a teams shirt for another. I would love a App State, Sam Houston, MSU cowboy or UNI, maybe even a NDSU shirt. People could trade all over. I think it would be cool. xthumbsupx

uofmman1122
September 12th, 2008, 12:51 AM
I'd be totally down for this, but I doubt people would want to send things overseas to me. xlolx

Syntax Error
September 12th, 2008, 12:59 AM
I have many many shirts because I usually buy a couple at each place, many playoff shirts and champ game things too. Most are in the largest size.

AppAlum2003
September 12th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Too bad GSU can't participate... well, that is, unless someone wants sleeveless Lynrd Skynrd t-shirts instead of FCS team t-shirts. :D

appfan2008
September 12th, 2008, 07:49 AM
I have many many shirts because I usually buy a couple at each place, many playoff shirts and champ game things too. Most are in the largest size.

is that a requirement for you to fit in them????

or just for fun???

ChickenMan
September 12th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Try this site.. it looks like it has all of the FCS schools..

http://www.footballfanatics.com/siteMap/league/College

NorthernColorado
September 12th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Nowdays with the internet, you can just go to the schools web sites and buy the shirts.

Appstate29
September 12th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Nowdays with the internet, you can just go to the schools web sites and buy the shirts.

damn internet thingy, getting in the way of our honest t-shirt trading

Seven Would Be Nice
September 12th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Too bad GSU can't participate... well, that is, unless someone wants sleeveless Lynrd Skynrd t-shirts instead of FCS team t-shirts. :D

Wow... App State calling GSU a bunch of rednecks?

that kettle sure is black.

bobbythekidd
September 12th, 2008, 09:20 AM

Wow. Awsome link Chicken man. I looked at some of the Div II schools. Even though the product line is limited, they have some obsure teams there.

andy7171
September 12th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Wow. Awsome link Chicken man. I looked at some of the Div II schools. Even though the product line is limited, they have some obsure teams there.

That is a great site.

I liked this one...

http://images.footballfanatics.com/productImages/_147000/FF_147703_xl.jpg
The Stetson Hatters! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Its strange how that site has different towson stuff than towsontigers.com. xconfusedx

UNHWildCats
September 12th, 2008, 09:27 AM
I'd be totally down for this, but I doubt people would want to send things overseas to me. xlolx
I'll send u a UNH shirt if you send me a hot japanese guy :p xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

813Jag
September 12th, 2008, 09:31 AM
That is a great site.

I liked this one...

Its strange how that site has different towson stuff than towsontigers.com. xconfusedx
Stetson is a man's look! I always say that when I see the Hatters on a schedule. xlolx xlolx

EdubAlum
September 12th, 2008, 09:35 AM
this is fun, i traded some shirts with two guys at last years App State playoff game.

EdubAlum
September 12th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Just an idea, see what you guys think? Lets set up a thread so a person can exchange a teams shirt for another. I would love a App State, Sam Houston, MSU cowboy or UNI, maybe even a NDSU shirt. People could trade all over. I think it would be cool. xthumbsupx

I'll send you an EWU shirt, you could wear it say....Oct 11th? :D

griz&beer
September 12th, 2008, 09:46 AM
I'll send you an EWU shirt, you could wear it say....Oct 11th? :D

I might just need it to escape after the game. I probably where it under my griz stuff. xthumbsupx

griz&beer
September 12th, 2008, 09:48 AM
You could buy a shirt over the net, but you can't get to know new friends buying over the net.

crunifan
September 12th, 2008, 10:17 AM
That's a nice link, but I don't like any of the stuff UNI has there. I'm picky and refuse to buy things that say "Northern Iowa." Luckily that's rarely an issue in Cedar Falls, almost everything is "UNI" only.

I'd be nice to have some UNI purple roaming around in Montana though!

Bear Fan 101
September 12th, 2008, 10:38 AM

I dont see UCA (Central Arkansas) anywhere on that list, unless I overlooked them somewhere.

downbythebeach
September 12th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Up in PA and Ohio (possibly other places) they have a liquidation store called Gabriels that just sells crap, and stuff that can't sell elsewhere. They always have all kinds of FCS shirts....last time I was there I bought a nice Drake U Bulldogs tee
you can find the most random teams for like $2 a tee

Kymermosst
September 12th, 2008, 11:49 AM
I haven't been into a Gabe's in probably 10 years, but I'm entirely okay with that. It's nice not having to sift through the bins to find the one with the least holes.

I still like the shirt exchange idea. Just give someone else your size and they get to pick what shirt.

If anyone wants a UMass shirt, let me know and I'm up for swapping.

UNHWildCats
September 12th, 2008, 01:25 PM
I haven't been into a Gabe's in probably 10 years, but I'm entirely okay with that. It's nice not having to sift through the bins to find the one with the least holes.

I still like the shirt exchange idea. Just give someone else your size and they get to pick what shirt.

If anyone wants a UMass shirt, let me know and I'm up for swapping.
my dog could use something to lay on her bed that she can make all dirty lol

Kymermosst
September 12th, 2008, 01:30 PM
I know UNH isn't that great at marketing, but I'm sure Durham at least has a newspaper she can use. ;)

Besides, you can't be that jealous. We get you once a year in football (not counting the Miracles of '06) but you get to beat us at least 3 times a year in hockey!

HiHiYikas
September 12th, 2008, 04:18 PM
That is a great site.

I liked this one...

Stetson is named for the same folks that started the hat company. I've been to camp down there 5 times or more, and worked there during the summer of 2000.

Stetson appeared on the big screen as South Central Louisiana State University in The Waterboy. So if you've seen The Waterboy, you've seen lots of Stetson U.

JackTwice
September 12th, 2008, 07:19 PM
That's a nice link, but I don't like any of the stuff UNI has there. I'm picky and refuse to buy things that say "Northern Iowa." Luckily that's rarely an issue in Cedar Falls, almost everything is "UNI" only.

I'd be nice to have some UNI purple roaming around in Montana though!

Same for South Dakota State stuff. All they have just says SDSU, no Jackrabbits no nothing.

ButlerGSU
September 12th, 2008, 08:12 PM
We do this every year at the NIRSA conference. I have Intramural or Campus Rec t-shirts from UNI, McNeese, William & Mary, JMU and a ton from FBS schools.

ButlerGSU
September 12th, 2008, 08:15 PM

Good site but our bookstore has more; http://www.gsustore.com

Peems
September 12th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Good site but our bookstore has more; http://www.gsustore.com

yeah, it's a good site to give you teams that you want to go look at.

Syntax Error
September 12th, 2008, 09:28 PM
is that a requirement for you to fit in them???? or just for fun???No, I am not the largest size but I like loose shirts.

Also, generic shirts are all over the web but most of mine are specialty - playoff games, opponent game specials, etc. lots of special caps too.

Grizo406
September 12th, 2008, 09:30 PM
I've got shirts from ASU, Delaware, UNI, Colgate, and GSU. And I wear all of them in Missoula...proudly!!

All of them, except the Mountaineer shirt, (which was provided through the generosity of Mr. proasu89), were ordered through the particular school's bookstore, with absolutely ZERO problems, and minimal effort on my part.

My two favorites are STILL the ones from ASU & GSU.

Rumor has it that some lucky folks will get a real "Collector's Edition" shirt at the Griz Challange...that one will be my favorite!!!

SideLine Shooter
September 13th, 2008, 09:56 AM
No, I am not the largest size but I like loose shirts.

Also, generic shirts are all over the web but most of mine are specialty - playoff games, opponent game specials, etc. lots of special caps too.

Same here Boss Man.

I have a large selection of ASU's '05 NC shirts. When they won their 2nd in '06 the bookstore had a big sale on the '05 merchandise at like $5.00 per shirt. I stocked up. Probably 40 or more counting hoodies and sweatshirts.

Something special about that first time.xnodx

rudy1648
September 13th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Does anyone know where I can order a car windsock for ASU? I have seen them on cars, have found web sites with the windsocks for other schools, but have yet to find a place to order for App State. I have gone through at least 8 regular flags on my car in the last several years. Had one completely come apart headed to Chatty last year. I would love to have the car windsock instead.

HiHiYikas
September 13th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Same here Boss Man.

I have a large selection of ASU's '05 NC shirts. When they won their 2nd in '06 the bookstore had a big sale on the '05 merchandise at like $5.00 per shirt. I stocked up. Probably 40 or more counting hoodies and sweatshirts.

Something special about that first time.xnodx
My favorite shirt is from the 2005 championship. I don't own anything from the 2007 championship, because they didn't print anything that looks decent. It's all too busy and flashy and arrogant.

I recall standing in the bookstore back around the first of the year, and saying to myself "this all looks terrible."

I repeated this observation to one of my friends at the Jacksonville game, and he looked at his own shirt and said "you're right, this is actually pretty ugly. I guess I just thought I had to buy it because they won another title."

ASUG8
September 13th, 2008, 12:00 PM

PM me with address, size, etc. and I'll hook you up.

AppAlum2003
September 13th, 2008, 01:12 PM
My aunt has a friend that lives in Montana. So, on her last trip out there, she bought us some "Grizz Bibzz." Needless to say, we used those when feeding the baby the nastiest of foods. I don't think the strained peas and carrots will ever come out.

ERASU2113
September 13th, 2008, 04:22 PM
My favorite shirt is from the 2005 championship. I don't own anything from the 2007 championship, because they didn't print anything that looks decent. It's all too busy and flashy and arrogant.

I recall standing in the bookstore back around the first of the year, and saying to myself "this all looks terrible."

I repeated this observation to one of my friends at the Jacksonville game, and he looked at his own shirt and said "you're right, this is actually pretty ugly. I guess I just thought I had to buy it because they won another title."

I bought a t-shirt from the bookstore right when they came out with shirts. It was the only decent one they had - the rest were horrible to look at. Haven't bought another NC shirt since.

But I can buy a shirt or two and send them out - I mean I"m still here in Boone till May. Possible to exchange for a Griz, UD, UNI or Umass shirt? xwhistlex xwhistlex

Granted I could have bought 3 of those in Chatty the past three years......but prices are absurd.