PDA

View Full Version : Cancelation Thread

TexasTerror
September 11th, 2008, 10:54 AM
So everyone is clear of what's going on in the region as it stands right now because there's about five or six different threads. Please post OFFICIAL updates from any other institutions that change their game plans...

CANCELED
Cal Poly at McNeese State
Bowie State at Nicholls State
Kentucky Weslayan at SFA
Prairie View A&M at Sam Houston State

OL FU
September 11th, 2008, 11:15 AM
So everyone is clear of what's going on in the region as it stands right now because there's about five or six different threads. Please post OFFICIAL updates from any other institutions that change their game plans...

CANCELED

UP IN THE AIR
Prairie View A&M at Sam Houston State (attempts are being made to move the game to Sunday if the SLC and PV allow that to occur)

STILL ON AS SCHEDULED
Kentucky Weslayan at Stephen F. Austin

I know it is for safety but :(

Will Nichols play this year at allxeyebrowx

Bear Fan 101
September 11th, 2008, 11:34 AM
I was going toask about SFA if anyone has mentioned anything in NAC yet?

GeauxLions94
September 11th, 2008, 11:39 AM
I know it is for safety but :(

Will Nichols play this year at allxeyebrowx

They will next week unless something happens in Memphis xpeacex

3rd Coast Tiger
September 11th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Prairie View A&M vs Sam Houston has been cancelled. :D

TexasTerror
September 11th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Prairie View A&M vs Sam Houston has been cancelled. :D

Can you provide a source? TSU is not too caught up with the Internet age, but the SHSU web site says they are trying to make it happen on Sunday.

Chron.com was ridiculous in putting that it was canceled, because the game is just "up in the air". It's not happening Saturday, but may happen Sunday...

Lehigh Football Nation
September 11th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Any word on the SeLa/USD or the AAMU/La-Monroe games? Assuming that SeLa's will still be on...

How far do you think games will be affected? Just on the Texas side, or the LA side as well?

UNI Pike
September 11th, 2008, 12:40 PM
What happens to Nicholls State if they are on the bubble for qualifying for the playoffs? Does the committee give them a pass on the games?

I don't honestly know if it will be an issue, just a passing thought.

TexasTerror
September 11th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Any word on the SeLa/USD or the AAMU/La-Monroe games? Assuming that SeLa's will still be on...

How far do you think games will be affected? Just on the Texas side, or the LA side as well?

Big issue with Cal Poly was travel arrangements into Louisiana and extra precautions by the city of Lake Charles. I think AAMU-ULM will go on as scheduled due to the time change...

SLU is still on -- just got game notes. The Nicholls issue is GUSTAV-related (damage from that storm) and not IKE-related as some are making it out to be on numerous corners of the 'Net.

What happens to Nicholls State if they are on the bubble for qualifying for the playoffs? Does the committee give them a pass on the games?

Nicholls was going to have a tough time for an at-large anyway. If they do have a successful student, the committee will keep that into account, but the Bowie State game did not mean anything. The New Mexico State game did hurt...

TexasTerror
September 11th, 2008, 12:45 PM
From SFA...add the Jacks game against Kentucky Weslayan to the list...

NACOGDOCHES, Texas - With the news Thursday morning that Hurricane Ike's path had shifted to a more northerly course, likely bringing its effects closer to Nacogdoches, Stephen F. Austin has elected to cancel this weekend's athletics contests.

Saturday's football game against Kentucky Wesleyan, along with the Ladyjack Invitational Volleyball Tournament, presented by The Grove Apartments, and Sunday's soccer game against Arkansas, have all been called off. In addition, Sunday's volleyball match against Texas-Pan American has been canceled, as has this weekend's SFA Lettermen's Association golf tournament.

"The safety of our student-athletes and those on the opposing teams is always a primary concern," SFA Athletics Director Robert Hill said Thursday. "When you also consider that power outages and our potential responsibilities as a shelter site would put added strain on our event management staff, canceling these events is simply the most prudent thing to do."

At this point, none of the weekend's events have been rescheduled. Continue to check www.sfajacks.com for updates.

http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/091108aaa.html

3rd Coast Tiger
September 11th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Can you provide a source? TSU is not too caught up with the Internet age.

What does this have to do with Texas Southern? Anyway Mr. Internet Bad Ass, why don't we meet up somewhere off I-10 at a midpoint and I can show you the press release in person. xrulesx

TexasTerror
September 11th, 2008, 12:48 PM
What does this have to do with Texas Southern? Anyway Mr. Internet Bad Ass, why don't we meet up somewhere off I-10 at a midpoint and I can show you the press release in person. xrulesx

Well, you guys don't know how to actively update your web site. SHSU has continued to update their web site, providing us updates. At this time, no official cancel of the game on GoBearkats.com or on Today @ SAM...nothing on the PV web site at this time either.

They may have sent out the release, just not seeing it at this point...

Sly Fox
September 11th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Who issued the news release? Paul? Stefann?

gokats85
September 11th, 2008, 12:52 PM
PV-SHSU "on hold". Maybe scheduled for Sunday, 9/14.

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19900&ATCLID=1579448

citdog
September 11th, 2008, 12:54 PM
CANCEL THISxrulesx

appfan2008
September 11th, 2008, 01:09 PM
it sure is sad to see mother nature take so many games away... :(

GeauxLions94
September 11th, 2008, 01:27 PM
it sure is sad to see mother nature take so many games away... :(

Agreed. Saw this on the Nicholls State fan board ... shows some of the light poles at Guidry Stadium swaying back and forth during Gustav.

Gustav-Nicholls State (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5vd68K1Urw)

GeauxLions94
September 11th, 2008, 01:31 PM

The Southeastern-USD game is scheduled to be played, though we could feel some effects from wind and rain. The ULM/AAMU game also still on (nothing saying that its not on the ULM website).

813Jag
September 11th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I know that Baton Rouge isn't in the path of Ike but this was an interesting article (http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/28228254.html?showAll=y&c=y) I saw in the Advocate.

Retro
September 11th, 2008, 01:57 PM
LSU's ego is far too big to sacrifice a game for the sake of the general public in B.R. LSU could move the game to lafayette and play there with less capacity, but still get the game in.. I think les miles doesn't want to give up sure win..

Southern could take the lead and cancel or move their game as well, possibly to MVSU and get a home game next year..

813Jag
September 11th, 2008, 02:00 PM
LSU's ego is far too big to sacrifice a game for the sake of the general public in B.R. LSU could move the game to lafayette and play there with less capacity, but still get the game in.. I think les miles doesn't want to give up sure win..

Southern could take the lead and cancel or move their game as well, possibly to MVSU and get a home game next year..
I don't know about Southern but there was talk of moving LSU's game. To be honest, since the Valley game isn't a conference game (weird I know), it could be cancelled all together. There are people in Baton Rouge just getting their power back.

appfan2008
September 11th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Agreed. Saw this on the Nicholls State fan board ... shows some of the light poles at Guidry Stadium swaying back and forth during Gustav.

Gustav-Nicholls State (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5vd68K1Urw)

that is some pretty crazy footage to see those things swaying like that

TexasTerror
September 11th, 2008, 02:04 PM
GAME CANCELED. This message came across Facebook to one SHSU poster on KatFans.com...

THE PVAMU game has been cancelled completely. No game whatsoever this weekend.

They are NOT rescheduling this game either, so students just disregard you tickets.

If you have had parents or family members buy tickets and they have questions or concerns please call 936-294-4118

Athletics will be back giving out student tickets for the Homecoming game Sept 13- 16th in the mall area.

Dont forget that between now and the next football game, Soccer has a game (next weekend) Friday Sept. 19th at 7pm against Houston Baptist. All games are free!

Be safe!

Athletic Marketing Staff

Expecting an official announcement from SHSU shortly...

TexasTerror
September 11th, 2008, 02:34 PM
And here's the announcement...

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19900&ATCLID=1579448

GreatAppSt
September 11th, 2008, 02:48 PM

Whoa, panties waded today?xeyebrowx

Lionsrking
September 11th, 2008, 03:14 PM
The Southeastern-USD game is scheduled to be played, though we could feel some effects from wind and rain. The ULM/AAMU game also still on (nothing saying that its not on the ULM website).

Unless Ike shifts (knock on wood it doesn't)...I'm not sure we'll even get much rain or wind on Saturday...the worst of it for us should happen overnight tonight and through the day tomorrow with things tapering down into Saturday...no ill will intended towards our Texas friends but lets hope the forecast track holds...we can't afford another storm right now in these neck of the woods.

McTailGator
September 11th, 2008, 03:51 PM
I know that Baton Rouge isn't in the path of Ike but this was an interesting article (http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/28228254.html?showAll=y&c=y) I saw in the Advocate.

Take it from a McNeese fan that lived it in 2005.

SU and LSU fans could use the distraction they have been living through for the past couple of weeks.

Life goes on, nothing wrong with playing the games.

3rd Coast Tiger
September 11th, 2008, 04:19 PM
GAME CANCELED....

Didn't someone mention this earlier? xcoffeex

TbonZach
September 11th, 2008, 06:00 PM

CANCELED
Kentucky Weslayan at SFA

STILL ON AS SCHEDULED
Kentucky Weslayan at Stephen F. Austin

I know that the SFA has been canceled (after reading the entire thread) but can you update this, please? I was confused when I first read it.

TexasTerror
September 11th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Didn't someone mention this earlier? xcoffeex

I waited for the official release from SHSU -- I'm not a fan of relying on hearsay. Nothing wrong with that, is there, especially when there's web sites that actively update themselves with information that is new... xrulesx

3rd Coast, when you going to eat crow on the SLC TV Network? xwhistlex

3rd Coast Tiger
September 11th, 2008, 08:01 PM
I waited for the official release from SHSU -- I'm not a fan of relying on hearsay. Nothing wrong with that, is there, especially when there's web sites that actively update themselves with information that is new... xrulesx

3rd Coast, when you going to eat crow on the SLC TV Network? xwhistlex

I heard it from Prairie View administration so I got it before it went to print but still looks like I was correct.

Hey why don't you try to feed the crow to me. xlolx

McNeese72
September 11th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Big issue with Cal Poly was travel arrangements into Louisiana and extra precautions by the city of Lake Charles.

Plus, we are supposed to get some hurricane force winds late Friday/early Saturday morning and will probably experience some power outages.

It would be hard to play a football game in a stadium without power.

Doc