PDA

View Full Version : Draft Bible - Small Schools

Hambone
September 10th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Found an interesting little nugget regarding players from small schools (FCS and lower) and their potential draft grades. On a weekly basis, the writer is going to update peoples performance and keeps a top 25 for draft grades at the bottom. As of right now, Ramses Barden from Cal Poly is #1 on the list with a 4th round grade.

Enjoy! :)

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Small-School-Spotlight/small_school_insider_report_week2.html

AppAlum2003
September 10th, 2008, 07:30 AM
We App State fans have been wondering where TJ Courman has been as well...

appfan2008
September 10th, 2008, 07:41 AM
he is out there playing but i honestly dont think he has been thrown to at all... he was a top three wide receiver on each of the national title years so i dont know if it is coaches decision to go to coco all the time exclusively or if that is armanti on his own... but they are others as well such a josh johnson who have been a major part of the receiving corps and this year are invisible...

magman919
September 10th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Where is Pierre Banks on that list?
I know for a fact that a handful of NFL scouts have been to Boone to check out the SS prospect.xconfusedx

TexasTerror
September 10th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Bobby Reid has sure gone crash and burn...no longer getting mentions anywhere from the few sites I occasionally check...

Green26
September 10th, 2008, 09:12 AM
I've heard that Barden is probably going to be a first day pick.

appfan2008
September 10th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Where is Pierre Banks on that list?
I know for a fact that a handful of NFL scouts have been to Boone to check out the SS prospect.xconfusedx

this is just one man's opinion...?!?!?

smallcollegefbfan
September 10th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Bobby Reid has sure gone crash and burn...no longer getting mentions anywhere from the few sites I occasionally check...

Reid was not very good in his first game. It just seems weird to me that his coach went for the younger player over an experience leader in Reid. Something in that story that was not publicized. Most coaches vote for seniors over juniors and sophomores in postseason awards and tend to like their senior leaders over a freshman usually. Something about that whole situation told me Reid would never be more than a camp body anyway.

BEAR
September 10th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Rhett Bomar ahead of Nathan Brown? xlolx Brown at #17 in the same rounds as Bomar? Are you smoking something? Obviousy they went with name recognition not actual ability. No disrespect to Bomar. Any SLC school fan will tell you that even though the SLC is packed with QB talent...very good talent...most will say Brown is around a 4th - 5th round pick...8000 yards passing with 10 games left, will pass for over 100 tds for his career, nearly 70% pass completion...QB rating around 160...is now the most prolific qb in Arkansas history....and doing it all on a transitional FCS team! He never had the Oklahoma experience like Bomar and he was never put on an established SLC team like Bomar...he had it tougher..and has exceeded and succeeded. He's accurate, has a strong arm and his run game is developing this year! There are NFL scouts for every team at every game this year! Swap the two and it makes more sense...even if they're in the same round. xlolx xthumbsupx

Retro
September 10th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Don't believe everything you read in the draft BIBLE!xrolleyesx

SuperJon
September 10th, 2008, 11:48 AM
I had to post a comment about Rashad Jennings. They apparently had some bad information.

smallcollegefbfan
September 10th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Rhett Bomar ahead of Nathan Brown? xlolx Brown at #17 in the same rounds as Bomar? Are you smoking something? Obviousy they went with name recognition not actual ability. No disrespect to Bomar. Any SLC school fan will tell you that even though the SLC is packed with QB talent...very good talent...most will say Brown is around a 4th - 5th round pick...8000 yards passing with 10 games left, will pass for over 100 tds for his career, nearly 70% pass completion...QB rating around 160...is now the most prolific qb in Arkansas history....and doing it all on a transitional FCS team! He never had the Oklahoma experience like Bomar and he was never put on an established SLC team like Bomar...he had it tougher..and has exceeded and succeeded. He's accurate, has a strong arm and his run game is developing this year! There are NFL scouts for every team at every game this year! Swap the two and it makes more sense...even if they're in the same round. xlolx xthumbsupx

Both are great players. A lot can happen between now and draft day. Both could go undrafted or both could end up in the 3rd-4th round. Too early to say something will happen for sure. Nobody saw Flacco and DRC in the 1st round this time last year. Nobody even knew who Demetrius Bell was and he was drafted. Nobody the week before the draft predicted that William Hayes would go 4th round, let alone be drafted at all. Only time will tell!

BEAR
September 10th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Both are great players. A lot can happen between now and draft day. Both could go undrafted or both could end up in the 3rd-4th round. Too early to say something will happen for sure. Nobody saw Flacco and DRC in the 1st round this time last year. Nobody even knew who Demetrius Bell was and he was drafted. Nobody the week before the draft predicted that William Hayes would go 4th round, let alone be drafted at all. Only time will tell!

Very true...very very true. xthumbsupx

PaladinFan
September 10th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Joel Bell quitely continues to get good press. As Furman's left tackle and a preseason first team all-american, there's good reason to believe he might just be the best OL in FCS football.

Syntax Error
September 10th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Don't believe everything you read in the draft BIBLE!written by Josh Buchanan, AKA SmallCollegeFBFan

smallcollegefbfan
September 10th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Joel Bell quitely continues to get good press. As Furman's left tackle and a preseason first team all-american, there's good reason to believe he might just be the best OL in FCS football.

Bell is a beast. You are probably right on that one. OL is tough to say for sure but at his size you know the NFL is all over him!