PDA

View Full Version : JMU/ASU

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Nebuta
September 20th, 2008, 11:46 PM
GRATS JMU ON THE WIN. Way to represent the CAA. Good luck in the rest of the season

App St. GL with your conference play. You guys play well in a hostile environment.

madisonfan87
September 20th, 2008, 11:47 PM
I have to give a shout out to the App State fans here on the boards, you sure are some classy folks. Looking forward to seeing you guys in the playoffs because we know it will probably happen after watching this game.

JmuSkinsfan
September 20th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Yeah, I agree with Madison87 ... props to the ASU fans who made the trip. You guys were much classier than the ones we encountered last November ;)

But in all seriousness, I hope you all have safe travels back, and I apologize for any, let's say, extra-curricular activities that were partaken in by some students toward you guys!

Longhorn
September 21st, 2008, 12:11 AM
Schweeee doggies. Madison is getting smoked.

Bad day for the CAA.:o

No, just a bad day for UD.

erb4321
September 21st, 2008, 01:59 AM
Props to the band for Hot,Hot,Hot, yes some of us students actually got that.

:-) We worked hard on that this week. haha

uofmman1122
September 21st, 2008, 03:01 AM
LOL

And people said ASU didn't deserve the #1 ranking.

Unless JMU actually is that bad, which I doubt.Foot, meet mouth. xlolx

Great win, JMU. xthumbsupx

appvette
September 21st, 2008, 03:16 AM
Did anybody else see the the same thing tonight that we saw against Richmond last year when App was way up and then slacked off on D? It's like we lay down when we're up big. Not to take anything away from JMU, but we died when we had a big lead and then stepped up when we realized the other team was still in the game. Only difference was that they waited too late in this game.

AppStateSVX
September 21st, 2008, 07:06 AM
^ yeah. it's prettty alarming. I was like "wtf? not this AGAIN!"

congrats JMU for sticking in there

Uncle Buck
September 21st, 2008, 10:11 AM
Congrats to JMU for fighting back, must have been a hell of a game and the crowd looked great on the highlights. The place must have been rocking.

JMUSaxMRD
September 21st, 2008, 10:20 AM
Can you say drunk college punks?

App State student fans were no better last year in the playoffs, so you can't criticize when APP has the same problem themselves.

ERASU2113
September 21st, 2008, 10:23 AM
Let's not try to pull fans actions into a great game was played.

ASU was the best team in the 1st...JMU was the best in the 2nd. Hell of a game I wish I could have been there.

Instead I was standing around with fraternity brothers screaming at the TV. haha xcoolx

JMU-MRD-DAD
September 21st, 2008, 10:48 AM
Great game.........record attendance.....the place was rocking.....

I hope the ASU fans had a great experience as I did in Boone last year. I hope this series continues....

claydus
September 21st, 2008, 10:55 AM
highlights? link?

ASUG8
September 21st, 2008, 11:08 AM
highlights? link?

Cliffs:
ASU 21-0 at the half - the announcer even said JMU had no answers for ASU
2nd half kickoff return by JMU 99 yds.
Landers passes across field into the end zone for another JMU TD.
The rest gets blurry because I started getting my drink on. ASU got a field goal and a TD in the second, but not enough to keep up. It was like two different teams showed up 1st/2nd half.

alexale23
September 21st, 2008, 11:28 AM
Does anyone have a tape or DVD of this game?

furman94
September 21st, 2008, 11:45 AM
What was announced attendance?

PhoenixPhan06
September 21st, 2008, 11:46 AM
Any updates on the injury to the App St RB? Last I heard, Jerry Moore was saying that it was atleast a high ankle sprain and possibly a broken foot.

Dukie95
September 21st, 2008, 11:47 AM
Can you say drunk college punks?

Yeah, there were an equal number of people trying to shut them up...but it doesn't come through on TV.

Dukie95
September 21st, 2008, 11:48 AM
What was announced attendance?

17,100 and change

furman94
September 21st, 2008, 12:14 PM
nice!

DLS
September 21st, 2008, 12:28 PM
oh the humanity. really hope we play a full game vs presby.

(anyone got a video of AE flying from the 4yrd line? cn8 was choppy but it looked impressive)

furman94
September 21st, 2008, 12:32 PM
If you dont, you should still win by more than 4 scores... :D

GaSouthern
September 21st, 2008, 12:37 PM
This turned a horrible night into a not-so-horrible night last night after that hiccup in statesboro.

'neers79
September 21st, 2008, 01:39 PM
This turned a horrible night into a not-so-horrible night last night after that hiccup in statesboro.

I think SOCON play is going to be very interesting this season. And, congrats to JMU. Due for that win.

Longhorn
September 21st, 2008, 02:15 PM
Cliffs:
ASU 21-0 at the half - the announcer even said JMU had no answers for ASU
2nd half kickoff return by JMU 99 yds.
Landers passes across field into the end zone for another JMU TD.
The rest gets blurry because I started getting my drink on. ASU got a field goal and a TD in the second, but not enough to keep up. It was like two different teams showed up 1st/2nd half.

To fill in...Landers went up the middle for 62 yards...a one play TD drive following an ASU 3 and out. Hence, there were two JMU TDs in under two minutes to start the second half (McGees 99 yd. KO return followed almost immediately by Landers long run). The TD pass was actually JMU's third TD of the 3rd qtr. xsmiley_wix

BDKJMU
September 21st, 2008, 02:43 PM
To fill in...Landers went up the middle for 62 yards...a one play TD drive following an ASU 3 and out. Hence, there were two JMU TDs in under two minutes to start the second half (McGees 99 yd. KO return followed almost immediately by Landers long run). The TD pass was actually JMU's third TD of the 3rd qtr. xsmiley_wix

Longhorn- being technical here, but the 2nd JMU TD of the 3rd qtr, Lander's 62 yd run, came at the 12:43 mark, so a little over 2 min into the 3rd qtr.

ASUG8
September 21st, 2008, 02:55 PM

Thanks - like I said, I had a closeup of the bottom of several bottles during the second half.xthumbsupx

Skjellyfetti
September 21st, 2008, 03:52 PM
Well, just got back from the game... still in shock we gave up the 21 point halftime lead. xsmhx

JMU came out pissed off and played a great second half.

Ready to start the Socon schedule now... (and beat Presby so we can cure this unfortunate losing record).

AppStateold299
September 21st, 2008, 03:53 PM
I have to say it was hard to listen to the second half. It was def. a tale of two halves. We dominated the first half. We were able to whatever, whenever we wanted. I don't even need to point out what JMU was able to do in the second half. Impressive! They erased a 21 point lead like it was nothing. I couldn't even believe what I was hearing. Bravo to the Duke!

SkinsWizDukes
September 21st, 2008, 04:04 PM
I have to say it was hard to listen to the second half. It was def. a tale of two halves. We dominated the first half. We were able to whatever, whenever we wanted. I don't even need to point out what JMU was able to do in the second half. Impressive! They erased a 21 point lead like it was nothing. I couldn't even believe what I was hearing. Bravo to the Dukes!

Fixed. xsmiley_wix

bench
September 21st, 2008, 07:11 PM
Applebee's was a neat place to be after the game. I'm not name dropping here, but it was kinda cool how several of the characters we saw and spoke to were either directly involved with or on the periphery of the game.

The dude seated to the left of us at the bar was wearing a white JMU polo shirt and a white CAA cap. We talked to him a while and came to find out that he worked the chain gang during the game, carrying the down marker on the Appalachian sideline. We obviously couldn't see anything from where we were sitting in the endzone, so we asked him what he saw on the Welton fumble. He told us quite matter-of-factly that it was not a fumble. I told him I couldn't tell from the replay on the big board whether it was or not, trying to see if he would soften his story or waver, but he persisted - "They blew the call." Just what we were told from someone with a view of the play. No excuses from our side, because when you give away that kind of lead to a damn strong football team you forfeit that luxury.

There were two older gentlemen in JMU attire sitting to our right. We made small talk about the game and what have you. Nice fellows. At the far right end of the bar sat a mother and daughter wearing Holloman jerseys. They were sitting too far away to talk to them, but when they got up to leave one of the old gents told the mother to tell her son he played a good game. She politely thanked him and left.

Chancellor Peacock came in while we were eating. He wasn't carrying any hardware, surprisingly enough. We were sitting front and center at the bar, still decked out in our game gear, so as he passed he patted my brother and Curtis on the shoulder. I asked him to pet them, because I was afraid I was going to have to take their shoelaces away from them. They were taking it pretty hard. I said this would be a good learning experience for everyone. He agreed.

After he went to his table we told the old guys that was our chancellor. The heavier guy said, "What a coincidence. You've been sitting next to one the whole time." He assured me he wasn't bullshjtting. He said that his friend sitting to his right was the former president of James Madison University, responsible for starting the football program and the band, Dr. Ronald Carrier.

http://www.lib.jmu.edu/special/memory/graphics/presidents/98carrier.jpg

And boy, is he proud of that band, and there's a lot of them to be proud of. At 450 members strong, if I had a nickle for each of them I could have paid for my meal.

All in all, it was a good trip. Everyone was mostly well-behaved from what I saw - I only got hit by ice once - and the atmosphere was electric. The JMU people made like they had won the Super Bowl, and maybe they did. Props to them for their effort and the adversity they overcame. Appalachian needs to learn from this game and use it as motivation to stay hungy and aggressive, and if they don't they don't deserve a shot at another ring. There will be good things that come out of this game for everyone, and it was special to be a part of it.

james_lawfirm
September 21st, 2008, 08:43 PM
I just got back from the JMU game. First of all, congrats to JMU on a great game. They can be justifiably proud of the result.

Neither team played a great game. There remains stuff to work on for both teams. Having said that, both teams showed that they each belong in the top 5 of the FCS.

I thought the fumble by Welton was not a fumble. I was sitting right at the goal line in the App section. It looked to me like his knee hit before he let go of the ball. To me, the replay on the mini-tron seemed to confirm that. I understand certain posters to say the replay on TV (CN8) showed otherwise. I bow to the wisdom of the group. However, from my seat, I did not see a fumble.

I would like nothing else than to see JMU again in the playoffs.

blur2005
September 21st, 2008, 09:27 PM
Applebee's was a neat place to be after the game. I'm not name dropping here, but it was kinda cool how several of the characters we saw and spoke to were either directly involved with or on the periphery of the game.

The dude seated to the left of us at the bar was wearing a white JMU polo shirt and a white CAA cap. We talked to him a while and came to find out that he worked the chain gang during the game, carrying the down marker on the Appalachian sideline. We obviously couldn't see anything from where we were sitting in the endzone, so we asked him what he saw on the Welton fumble. He told us quite matter-of-factly that it was not a fumble. I told him I couldn't tell from the replay on the big board whether it was or not, trying to see if he would soften his story or waver, but he persisted - "They blew the call." Just what we were told from someone with a view of the play. No excuses from our side, because when you give away that kind of lead to a damn strong football team you forfeit that luxury.

There were two older gentlemen in JMU attire sitting to our right. We made small talk about the game and what have you. Nice fellows. At the far right end of the bar sat a mother and daughter wearing Holloman jerseys. They were sitting too far away to talk to them, but when they got up to leave one of the old gents told the mother to tell her son he played a good game. She politely thanked him and left.

Chancellor Peacock came in while we were eating. He wasn't carrying any hardware, surprisingly enough. We were sitting front and center at the bar, still decked out in our game gear, so as he passed he patted my brother and Curtis on the shoulder. I asked him to pet them, because I was afraid I was going to have to take their shoelaces away from them. They were taking it pretty hard. I said this would be a good learning experience for everyone. He agreed.

After he went to his table we told the old guys that was our chancellor. The heavier guy said, "What a coincidence. You've been sitting next to one the whole time." He assured me he wasn't bullshjtting. He said that his friend sitting to his right was the former president of James Madison University, responsible for starting the football program and the band, Dr. Ronald Carrier.

And boy, is he proud of that band, and there's a lot of them to be proud of. At 450 members strong, if I had a nickle for each of them I could have paid for my meal.

All in all, it was a good trip. Everyone was mostly well-behaved from what I saw - I only got hit by ice once - and the atmosphere was electric. The JMU people made like they had won the Super Bowl, and maybe they did. Props to them for their effort and the adversity they overcame. Appalachian needs to learn from this game and use it as motivation to stay hungy and aggressive, and if they don't they don't deserve a shot at another ring. There will be good things that come out of this game for everyone, and it was special to be a part of it.
JMU is basically what it is today because of Carrier. He was the architect of its principal growth and development.

YoUDeeMan
September 21st, 2008, 10:41 PM
We obviously couldn't see anything from where we were sitting in the endzone, so we asked him what he saw on the Welton fumble. He told us quite matter-of-factly that it was not a fumble. I told him I couldn't tell from the replay on the big board whether it was or not, trying to see if he would soften his story or waver, but he persisted - "They blew the call."

I didn't read the rest of this thread, but I will leave my typical sarcasm out of this and go straigh to the point...that was a fumble. xnodx

IT WAS A FUMBLE. xnodx

The replay VERY CLEARLY shows it was a fumble. xnodx Anyone who sees the replay can vouch that it was a fumble. xnodx It is not even close to not being a fumble.

It was so clearly a fumble xnodx that even a die hard Appy fan would call it a fumble xnodx once they see the replay. xnodx

End the rumors. It was a fumble. xnodx Clear as day on the tape. xnodx

FUMBLE. xnodx FUMBLE. xnodx FUMBLE. xnodx

The CIA did not alter the video. UFO people were not involved. It was a fumble. xnodx

That being said, I thought Appy was the better team.

Even so....it was a...

FUMBLE.
xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Fumble. xnodx Fumble. xnodx

xpeacex

YoUDeeMan
September 21st, 2008, 10:42 PM
Seriously. It was a fumble.

bench
September 21st, 2008, 11:32 PM
I didn't read the rest of this thread, but I will leave my typical sarcasm out of this and go straigh to the point...that was a fumble. xnodx

IT WAS A FUMBLE. xnodx

The replay VERY CLEARLY shows it was a fumble. xnodx Anyone who sees the replay can vouch that it was a fumble. xnodx It is not even close to not being a fumble.

It was so clearly a fumble xnodx that even a die hard Appy fan would call it a fumble xnodx once they see the replay. xnodx

End the rumors. It was a fumble. xnodx Clear as day on the tape. xnodx

FUMBLE. xnodx FUMBLE. xnodx FUMBLE. xnodx

The CIA did not alter the video. UFO people were not involved. It was a fumble. xnodx

That being said, I thought Appy was the better team.

Even so....it was a...

FUMBLE.
xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Fumble. xnodx Fumble. xnodx

xpeacex

We really didn't get to see the play. We really didn't get to see the replay. I talked to a guy who was 20 feet away on field level, and that's just what HE said. So I guess your options were either to simply tell me the dude I talked to was nuts or being a raging dick about it, and in your infinite wisdom you chose to be a raging dick about it. Congratulations? I guess.

bench
September 21st, 2008, 11:33 PM
Seriously. Don't be a dick.

JmuSkinsfan
September 21st, 2008, 11:45 PM
Lol. At game speed it looked like it was very close. I was up in the student section and it was pretty well blocked out by the ASU players on the sideline. However, all indications from those who have seen a replay say it was clearly a fumble.

KiddBrewer
September 22nd, 2008, 03:48 AM

I enjoyed reading that, thanks. Ive been to that Applebees a few years ago, as my family goes skiing sometimes at a place called Massanutten, probably every other year or so. It is a pretty boring ride up there, but very much worth it in my opinion. Last time I was in that Applebees was the first time I realized I was in the Land of the Dukes. Don't know why I never knew that JMU was in Harrisonburg, as I had been coming there for a good many years. I realized where I was at quickly this time, however, because as soon as I walked in the door with my Appalachian polo on, I got some pretty weird looks, especially from the fine young ladies rocking their JMU t-shirts (and weird looks from good looking girls is rare and struck me as odd hahaxthumbsupx xrulesx ) Thats when I began to realize all of the JMU stuff on the wall. The next day, we made the trip back into the town so I could find and walk around the campus. I was very impressed with what I saw, and loved the school spirit people showed. Reminded me very much of my own campus. The two college towns, Harrisonburg and Boone reminded me of each other quite a bit in many ways. IMO, we have started a rivalry these past few years that can/will be very good for both parties involved, and next time we play in the 'burg I hope to be able to make the trip. Congrats to the Dukes (its only a rivalry if both teams have a chance of winning, right?) and good luck the rest of the year (hope you wish us the same). Hopefully we'll see you in late November, or who knows, maybe in Chatty (what a build up that game would be!).xthumbsupx

magman919
September 22nd, 2008, 06:58 AM
I truley cannot believe that App. lost a 21pt halftime lead. The entire drive back to Raleigh my brother and I were silent. Loosing Sux. Especially loosing like this.

uofmman1122
September 22nd, 2008, 07:15 AM
I truley cannot believe that App. lost a 21pt halftime lead. The entire drive back to Raleigh my brother and I were silent. Loosing Sux. Especially loosing like this.I can't imagine loosing sucks as much as losing. xlolx

Seven Would Be Nice
September 22nd, 2008, 07:27 AM
I can't imagine loosing sucks as much as losing. xlolx

Neither is as bad as being the grammar/spelling police on a football forum. xthumbsupx xwhistlex xwhistlex

lizrdgizrd
September 22nd, 2008, 08:15 AM
Nice job Dukes. I'm guessing revenge is sweet. Can't wait for our next game so we can find out. :D

appmaj
September 22nd, 2008, 08:21 AM
Neither is as bad as being the grammar/spelling police on a football forum. xthumbsupx xwhistlex xwhistlex

Well said

BeauFoster
September 22nd, 2008, 08:59 AM
Just so everyone is aware, one of the players that was being booed for being injured is out for 6 weeks. Just sayin...

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 22nd, 2008, 09:23 AM
I am truly sorry that anyone got injured out there, and being out 6 weeks is a major blow if he is a quality player for you guys.

Nevertheless, can you tell me how someone gets injured on a QB kneel? xrotatehx

I am not trying to be a smartass, I really would like to know the story behind it. Sounds pretty damn freakish.

Anyway, the boos were for what appeared to be "faking" to get one more shot with the ball. Hey, the rules are the rules and the play clock resets at 25 (not 40), so everything is fair game, but it was a bit silly from the standpoint of the fans. Mickey was honest enough to say he would probably have done the same thing - probably both true and sticking up for an old friend.

It would be nice to see a rule change that in under 2:00 to play, after an injury the play clock is reset at 40 to avoid any future farces.

I hope your players get healthy fast, regardless of what play it was that they got injured.

BeauFoster
September 22nd, 2008, 10:08 AM
Moore must be holding him out just to appease the masses and make them feel bad for booing. That makes sense! Keep a starting DE on the bench.

I don't care how he was injured. The two lines often still block one another on kneel down plays, so it's easily possible that it happened there. Could have been a cheap shot, too. Until I see the film, I won't know what happened, but I can assure you that he is hurt. It is a broken foot, from what I have been told.

biggie
September 22nd, 2008, 11:34 AM
Its not really a kneel down when the QB is moving around trying to waste time, therefore everyone is trying to get to him. And yes RB and DE out at least 6 weeks, DE with broken foot from what I've heard.

BDKJMU
September 22nd, 2008, 01:39 PM
Came across these on the JMU page of the CAAZone board. Some photos- these were taken by a JMU alum.

http://www.lackeyman.com/portfoliophotography.html

dukesfan74
September 22nd, 2008, 02:12 PM

NEAT STORY - DR. CARRIER WAS IN BOONE IN 2005 FOR THE GAME THERE
WE RAN INTO HIM AT BREAKFAST IN THE HOTEL ON THE DAY OF THE GAME AND HAD A NICE TALK ON SUNDAY MORNING. THERE IS A FAMOUSED PICTURE OF HIM IN A LAWN CHAIR AT THE FIRST FOOTBALL GAME. WAS PLAYED ON THE GRASS FIELD WHERE ALL THE TENTS WERE TO THE INTERSTATE SIDE OF THE STADIUM.

HIS POSITIVE VIEW ON THAT GAME THAT DAY WAS THAT JMU BEAT
APP STATE IN THE SECOND HALF -SAME AS 2008.

Syntax Error
September 22nd, 2008, 02:36 PM
Came across these on the JMU page of the CAAZone board. Some photos- these were taken by a JMU alum.

http://www.lackeyman.com/portfoliophotography.htmlNice pics!

YoUDeeMan
September 22nd, 2008, 11:05 PM
We really didn't get to see the play. We really didn't get to see the replay. I talked to a guy who was 20 feet away on field level, and that's just what HE said. So I guess your options were either to simply tell me the dude I talked to was nuts or being a raging dick about it, and in your infinite wisdom you chose to be a raging dick about it. Congratulations? I guess.

Hmmmmmm...that FUMBLE seems to still be nagging at you so much that you, in your infinite wisdom, resorted to name calling. xnodx

Ahhh..but, in your mind you only had two options. And, or course, you chose to rage.... xlolx Congrats!

BTW, the dude you talked to was nuts...it was a FUMBLE. xnodx Or he needed prescription glasses...or he was drunk...or he was hitting on you...or...so many options.

YoUDeeMan
September 22nd, 2008, 11:08 PM
Seriously. Don't be a dick.

It's in my jeans. :D

AshevilleApp2
September 23rd, 2008, 06:24 AM
I've been away for a few days, so forgive me JMU fans on not congratulating you on the win Saturday. I had a great time in Harrisonburg. xthumbsupx

mountain_man
September 23rd, 2008, 08:22 AM
Hmmmmmm...that FUMBLE seems to still be nagging at you so much that you, in your infinite wisdom, resorted to name calling. xnodx

Ahhh..but, in your mind you only had two options. And, or course, you chose to rage.... xlolx Congrats!

BTW, the dude you talked to was nuts...it was a FUMBLE. xnodx Or he needed prescription glasses...or he was drunk...or he was hitting on you...or...so many options.

Sounds like that ass whippin from Chattanooga is still nagging at someone so much, that they have to resort to being a peckerhead.xwhistlex

You had two options. Reply as you did in the third paragraph of the above post, or post in the smartass, prickish way you did in the other post. Of course, you chose to be a dick... xlolx Congrats!

On another note, congrats Dukes! You have a fine football team, and you came out and took it to us in that 2nd half. Nice place, great atmosphere. Good luck on the rest of the season. Hope to see you all again!xthumbsupx

YoUDeeMan
September 23rd, 2008, 10:11 AM
Sounds like that ass whippin from Chattanooga is still nagging at someone so much, that they have to resort to being a peckerhead.xwhistlex

You had two options. Reply as you did in the third paragraph of the above post, or post in the smartass, prickish way you did in the other post. Of course, you chose to be a dick... xlolx Congrats!

I have long defended the idea that country folk are often the subject of misguided ridicule but it seems as though you are determined to continue to provide more fuel that mountain men can't read, write, or think and are quick to pull a gun on strangers. Or was that city folk? Damn, I get them mixed up all the time…where are my notes?

And what's with the two options routine again? xeyebrowx Is "Decision Time: A or B" a class at Hillbilly High? xeyebrowx

As far as last year’s game goes, do you really invest that much time and emotion into one football game? Rabbit season over? (Pssst…don’t’ let the facts get in the way, but if you go back, you’ll see I picked Appy this game. I thought you were the better team).

I respect your program, but, as always, there are some fans that can’t separate themselves from the games. Hadn’t seen many lately, but one guy posts an "inside source" that discredited the refs on the fumble and I had a little fun with that to make sure that rumor got squashed before it got legs. For that I get called a dick from some thin skinned hillbilly. xcoffeex Make that two thin skinned hillbillies. Or mountain men.

Get a room.

Cue the Deliverance music. xwhistlex

mountain_man
September 23rd, 2008, 11:55 AM
I have long defended the idea that country folk are often the subject of misguided ridicule but it seems as though you are determined to continue to provide more fuel that mountain men can't read, write, or think and are quick to pull a gun on strangers. Or was that city folk? Damn, I get them mixed up all the time…where are my notes?

And what's with the two options routine again? xeyebrowx Is "Decision Time: A or B" a class at Hillbilly High? xeyebrowx

As far as last year’s game goes, do you really invest that much time and emotion into one football game? Rabbit season over? (Pssst…don’t’ let the facts get in the way, but if you go back, you’ll see I picked Appy this game. I thought you were the better team).

I respect your program, but, as always, there are some fans that can’t separate themselves from the games. Hadn’t seen many lately, but one guy posts an "inside source" that discredited the refs on the fumble and I had a little fun with that to make sure that rumor got squashed before it got legs. For that I get called a dick from some thin skinned hillbilly. xcoffeex Make that two thin skinned hillbillies. Or mountain men.

Get a room.

So, I guess having a little fun means being an asshat?

Continue with the hillbilly/Deliverance lines. They are, and always have been very classy. Not to mention the originality. Great job, pal!xthumbsupx Besides that, I will put my raising, education (ability to read, rite, and rythmatik), and social status against yours any day. Thanks for trying to defend us poor hillbilly folk. You can stop now, your services are no longer needed.xrolleyesx

All you had to do was "squash it", but you decided to stomp it into the ground and try to make a jackass out of bench. No one in our party questioned the call until the guy (a JMU fan and employee) made the comment. I was sitting right there when he said it, but like bench said, it made no difference in the game. No one was whining. No one said it was the reason we lost. That's what the guy said. JMU took us out behind the wood shed, and blaming the loss on anything else would take away from their impressive win, and fine football team.

You saw an opportunity to be an A-hole, and you took it. Even this simple hillbilly can see that. Now you are trying to defend that choice. Don't bother anymore. I have nothing further to say in the matter.

Skjellyfetti
September 23rd, 2008, 11:58 AM

Get a room.

xrolleyesx

Not thin skinned... but take it to the smack forum. There are plenty of threads on App there where you can post this. No reason to ruin a perfectly good thread about a great football game.

ASUG8
September 23rd, 2008, 12:26 PM
xrolleyesx

Not thin skinned... but take it to the smack forum. There are plenty of threads on App there where you can post this. No reason to ruin a perfectly good thread about a great football game.

Yep, my intent when starting this thread was for it to remain in the discussion area to talk about pre- and post game performance and prognostications. Unfortunately, it took an alternative course with all the name calling, but looking back at some of the main offender's posts I'm not terribly surprised.

I've already said so, but exceptional comeback JMU - I'd like to know what Mickey said or put in the Kool-Aid at the half, but it worked. Hopefully we'll make a good stand in conference and get the opportunity to see you again!xthumbsupx

BDKJMU
September 23rd, 2008, 01:40 PM
I've been away for a few days, so forgive me JMU fans on not congratulating you on the win Saturday. I had a great time in Harrisonburg. xthumbsupx

Thanks Asheville. Glad you had a good time in the burg.

appmaj
September 23rd, 2008, 02:00 PM
This game is bittersweet for me. I hate that App lost; however this rivalry could be big for the net few years and it wouldn't be any fun if one team won all the games (Insert Western Carolina Joke Here).
Let's say (just for fun) that both teams run out the remainder of the year winning and meet in the NC game. It would make for an incredible game that anyone who loves good football would have to watch.

AshevilleApp2
September 23rd, 2008, 02:08 PM

I've got a feeling we may be back there in December. xnodx

MountainMan
September 24th, 2008, 12:40 PM
I am truly sorry that anyone got injured out there, and being out 6 weeks is a major blow if he is a quality player for you guys.

Nevertheless, can you tell me how someone gets injured on a QB kneel? xrotatehx

I am not trying to be a smartass, I really would like to know the story behind it. Sounds pretty damn freakish.

Anyway, the boos were for what appeared to be "faking" to get one more shot with the ball. Hey, the rules are the rules and the play clock resets at 25 (not 40), so everything is fair game, but it was a bit silly from the standpoint of the fans. Mickey was honest enough to say he would probably have done the same thing - probably both true and sticking up for an old friend.

It would be nice to see a rule change that in under 2:00 to play, after an injury the play clock is reset at 40 to avoid any future farces.

I hope your players get healthy fast, regardless of what play it was that they got injured.

I was just reading our game notes for this week against Presby and Quavian Lewis (the second guy that went down and got booed) is listed as questionable for this weeks game. So evidentially neither guy was faking. Not saying I wouldn't have booed if I were a JMU fan, but it looks legit. I'm thinking maybe the JMU line was cut blocking our line to give Landers more time to waste clock. Nothing wrong with them doing that, but it could be the explanation to the injuries.

T-Dog
September 24th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I've got a feeling we may be back there in December. xnodx

I rather meet them again in Nooga at the "neutral field" xsmiley_wix

FanOfAllThatIsJMU
September 24th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I'm thinking maybe the JMU line was cut blocking our line to give Landers more time to waste clock. Nothing wrong with them doing that, but it could be the explanation to the injuries.

i watched a replay of the game. the second guy just fell down. noone touched him. he was barely even blocked. as soon as rodney hit the ground, the player did the same.xcoffeex

DLS
September 24th, 2008, 02:05 PM
i watched a replay of the game. the second guy just fell down. noone touched him. he was barely even blocked. as soon as rodney hit the ground, the player did the same.xcoffeex

i say he was chop blocked and then tazed. dirty sob's.xwhistlex

FanOfAllThatIsJMU
September 24th, 2008, 02:22 PM
i say he was chop blocked and then tazed. dirty sob's.xwhistlex

xlolx

maybe our o-line asked him what the capital of Thailand was

FanOfAllThatIsJMU
September 24th, 2008, 02:24 PM
douple post

appfan2008
September 24th, 2008, 02:28 PM

who cares how it happened... the fact is he is truly injured and coach moore said yesterday he wont play this week and they hope to have him back for next week

appfan2008
September 24th, 2008, 02:29 PM

duplicit for me to

AppMan
September 24th, 2008, 09:27 PM

I also have been away from the keyboard and just wanted to thank the folks at JMU for a good time. Talked with many Dukes Fans before, during, and after the game. All were respectful (except this one misguided soul sitting three rows behind me) and we had a very positive experience. Your team won a very big game in your program's history. Your fans deserved to celebrate on the field and shoot off all the fireworks you like, its all good. I understand some of our folks had a few issues with some intoxicated students. Imagine that. We have the same problems in Boone and anyone who says we don't is in denial. Hope this develops into a regular gig and someday leads to a conference game. Hope to see you guys again in December.

BDKJMU
September 24th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Thanks AppMan. Just to make note, as I believe has already been mentioned on here, the fireworks happen usually once a year, twice at most. Usually the 1st home game of the year, a night game. I believe they were scheduled for the NCCU game, but was raining all day beforehand and that morning due to remnants of Hurricane Hannah, so they didn't do them that game. 2nd game vs UMass was 3:30 due to TV, so I believe thats what pushed the fireworks back to the ASU game.

Skjellyfetti
September 25th, 2008, 03:17 PM
https://www.nmnathletics.com/ecomphotos1/640/38/35038.jpg

xlolx

mcveyrl
September 25th, 2008, 03:18 PM
https://www.nmnathletics.com/ecomphotos1/640/38/35038.jpg

xlolx

Yea, I thought that was a little ridiculous too.

Thanks to FBS football, too few people overstate the importance of ANY regular season game....

ASUMountaineer
September 25th, 2008, 03:22 PM
The yellow on the JMU helmet looks a little to "Appish" :) Good game, sorry I didn't find you mcveryl.

mcveyrl
September 25th, 2008, 03:25 PM
The yellow on the JMU helmet looks a little to "Appish" :) Good game, sorry I didn't find you mcveryl.

That is definitely not our helmet. That's the helmet we used to have on the NCAA game when they first added I-AA.

No sweat. I'm still hoping to get over to the Oct. 25 game.

ASUMountaineer
September 25th, 2008, 03:42 PM
That is definitely not our helmet. That's the helmet we used to have on the NCAA game when they first added I-AA.

No sweat. I'm still hoping to get over to the Oct. 25 game.

Cool deal. xpeacex

BDKJMU
September 26th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Interesting take on the JMU halftime adjustments. The stuff that most fans never pick up on.

Dukes Tweaked Heads, Schemes
http://www.dnronline.com/sports_details.php?AID=31753&CHID=3&sub=