PDA

View Full Version : CCU's Mike Tolbert

bodoyle
September 4th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Tore shi..stuff up this preseason. Not only did he make the team as an UDFA but he is the #1 FB on the depth-chart.

If you go to www.chargers.com and on the right where there is video, click DAILY CLIPS and his is in there. LT has talked about how good he is and that he didn't even know of Coastal Carolina or our football team xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x damn overrated, never as good as #34 LT!!!! So did Phillip Rivers. Bowling Ball has blown people up in the few preseason games I've seen.

spelunker64
September 4th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Don't let me down Mike...

He's looked good in the few pre-season games I've cought. Beat out Andrew Pinnock who was set to be Lorenzo Neal's replacement.

windwalker
September 5th, 2008, 04:56 PM
they released Pinnock... and Tolbert is #1 on the depth chart over Hester... a high draft pick...

Looking at the videos of Mike in his interviews, he seems to have bulked up a bit... and has not lost any quickness...

They like him because he blocks with a vengence, runs hard when he gets the chance, and has good hands when he gets a chance to catch a pass...

Not bad for someone that was totally overlooked in the draft...

spelunker64
September 6th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Hester will be more of a HB, short yardage back than a FB anyway. Tolbert has looked good.

CarolinaGirl
September 22nd, 2008, 08:26 PM
Mike Tolbert scored his first NFL TD toward the end of the first quarter!! 1yard reception...standing all alone in the endzone!! xnodx xthumbsupx xhurrayx xhypedx xbeerchugx
(I'm a little fired up!!xrotatehx)

USDFAN_55
September 25th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I'm a Chargers fan, so I see this guy play often. One of the things I really like about Tolbert is his ability to make catches out of the back field. He is starting to become Rivers' safety blanket when no one else is open.

Hoyadestroya85
September 25th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Hester's more of a tailback/fullback hybrid..

citdog
September 25th, 2008, 05:32 PM
WHAT IS THE OVER-UNDER ON WHEN HE'LL BE ARRESTED?

CarolinaGirl
September 25th, 2008, 05:41 PM

I hope nobody ever accused you of having any class because you have none. Mike is a great kid who doesn't put himself in those type situations. But that was a nice try, I guess....xcoffeex

citdog
September 25th, 2008, 05:54 PM
I hope nobody ever accused you of having any class because you have none. Mike is a great kid who doesn't put himself in those type situations. But that was a nice try, I guess....xcoffeex

HE DID GO TO COASTAL......THEIR BEST PLAYERS PLAY FOR THE 'MEAN MACHINE' FROM J. RUEBEN LONG.....SHOULDN'T YOU BE FIXING SOMEBODY SUPPER RIGHT ABOUT NOW?

Hoyadestroya85
September 25th, 2008, 06:54 PM

what's the over under on when the next citadel player will be sodomized?

csubuccaneers
September 25th, 2008, 11:09 PM

You must have forgotten Tolbert was arrested during his freshman year and kicked off the team and kicked off campus for a year for stealing. I must admit he a has changed after that. Link below.

http://aiken.augusta.com/stories/031205/spo_S1029.shtml

CarolinaGirl
September 26th, 2008, 04:50 PM
You must have forgotten Tolbert was arrested during his freshman year and kicked off the team and kicked off campus for a year for stealing. I must admit he a has changed after that. Link below.

http://aiken.augusta.com/stories/031205/spo_S1029.shtml

You're right. I forgot Mike did something stupid almost 4 years ago. Thank you for bringing it up with your big xthumbsupx in the PM to me, like you were proud that you uncovered something. However, I'm not going to turn this thread into a trashing of Mike Tolbert (started by CitDog, big SHOCK there!), who is making a great name for himself in the NFL. The entire FCS, especially the Big South Conference, should be proud that he is representing in such a huge way and making a big impact so quickly, not spending time searching websites and making stupid comments about him.

BTW CitDog, your attempted rips are xboringx. Almost like last month when you neg repped me on a post that I had made about a preseason game that had nothing to do with you or anything other than football. AND you called me "fatty". That really hurt all 112 lbs of me....xrolleyesx xlolx

citdog
September 27th, 2008, 09:07 AM
You're right. I forgot Mike did something stupid almost 4 years ago. Thank you for bringing it up with your big xthumbsupx in the PM to me, like you were proud that you uncovered something. However, I'm not going to turn this thread into a trashing of Mike Tolbert (started by CitDog, big SHOCK there!), who is making a great name for himself in the NFL. The entire FCS, especially the Big South Conference, should be proud that he is representing in such a huge way and making a big impact so quickly, not spending time searching websites and making stupid comments about him.

BTW CitDog, your attempted rips are xboringx. Almost like last month when you neg repped me on a post that I had made about a preseason game that had nothing to do with you or anything other than football. AND you called me "fatty". That really hurt all 112 lbs of me....xrolleyesx xlolx

BREAKFAST ISN'T MAKING ITSELF......SAMMICH...EGG AND CHEESE

SADDLEBAGS

AppAlum96
September 29th, 2008, 09:55 PM
The Chargers love this guy, and the fans do too, now. They're getting him involved in the passing game now, too. He has to be pretty good to allow the Bolts to let Lorenzo Neal go.

spelunker64
September 30th, 2008, 10:50 PM
The Chargers love this guy, and the fans do too, now. They're getting him involved in the passing game now, too. He has to be pretty good to allow the Bolts to let Lorenzo Neal go.

The FB position is used less in Norv's offense anyway, and the real reason for letting Neal go was to start Andrew Pinnock, but Tolbert won the job when AP was injured in the preseason