View Full Version : Hampton vs. SIU Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

skinny_uncle
September 6th, 2008, 09:24 PM
final?
37-31 Dawgs

G.S.Green
September 6th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Game effort I would say. Cut the TOs and you have a decent contest. Far from the 17-24 differential predicted by many.

skinny_uncle
September 6th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Cap'n Cat is 14 inches taller than him!

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Yeah
But Warner had 151 yards on 19 carries rushing, 143 yards on 3 kickoff returns with a TD and 2 catches for 39 more yards.
333 tatal yards?
Match that, Cap'n.

DSUrocks07
September 6th, 2008, 09:27 PM
37-31 Dawgs

Good effort "Pie-rats" xthumbsupx

Oh and SIU, please don't tank your season...the MEAC needs to make this game to look as good as possible xlolx

Cap'n Cat
September 6th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Yeah
But Warner had 151 yards on 19 carries rushing, 143 yards on 3 kickoff returns with a TD and 2 catches for 39 more yards.
333 tatal yards?
Match that, Cap'n.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Got me there!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Attaboy, Dawgs. Good game by Hampie, too!

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

skinny_uncle
September 6th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Game effort I would say. Cut the TOs and you have a decent contest. Far from the 17-24 differential predicted by many.

HU got a lot of the yards through the air, but the INTs were a factor, too.

skinny_uncle
September 6th, 2008, 09:38 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Got me there!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Attaboy, Dawgs. Good game by Hampie, too!

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx
Just don't be knocking our Runnin' Runt.
xsmiley_wix

wkuhillhound
September 6th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Cap'n Cat is 14 inches taller than him!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Show off. That just means I'm stocky. :D :D :D

skinny_uncle
September 6th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Show off. That just means I'm stocky. :D :D :D
The Sunbelt board is over there.
http://www8.tltc.ttu.edu/mvugrin/images/right%20arrow.gif

wkuhillhound
September 6th, 2008, 10:09 PM
The Sunbelt board is over there.
http://www8.tltc.ttu.edu/mvugrin/images/right%20arrow.gif

xcoffeex

HI54UNI
September 6th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Congrats SIU! xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
September 6th, 2008, 11:44 PM
I was wrong. Good game, Hampton. Either that or SIU-C sucks. ;)

skinny_uncle
September 7th, 2008, 07:36 AM
I was wrong. Good game, Hampton. Either that or SIU-C sucks. ;)
I guess you will get your chance to find out on the 27th.

PantherRob82
September 7th, 2008, 10:12 AM
I guess you will get your chance to find out on the 27th.

I'll be there! xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
September 7th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Who says we don't suck, too? ;)

siuham
September 7th, 2008, 02:44 PM
bleh.

2 majorly blown coverages because DB's went for the interception gave two touchdowns. Another 'tried to get the interception' tip to the hands of a Hampton receiver, but he was probably going to catch it without the tip.

Punt return that hit the foot of an SIU player who was blocking led to a score too. Lots of dumb mistakes. Hopefully that gets fixed and soon.

Dieker looked pretty good, though he needs some help in his scrambling. Warner looked very impressive. Hopefully he can keep scooting through Defenses all season.

G.S.Green
September 7th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Looking forward to seeing SIU again in the playoffs.

skinny_uncle
September 7th, 2008, 04:14 PM
bleh.

2 majorly blown coverages because DB's went for the interception gave two touchdowns. Another 'tried to get the interception' tip to the hands of a Hampton receiver, but he was probably going to catch it without the tip.

Punt return that hit the foot of an SIU player who was blocking led to a score too. Lots of dumb mistakes. Hopefully that gets fixed and soon.

Dieker looked pretty good, though he needs some help in his scrambling. Warner looked very impressive. Hopefully he can keep scooting through Defenses all season.
McElroy did manage to redeem himself with INTs on consecutive possessions in the fourth quarter.
The punt return thing was just one of those fluke things that happen sometimes. A few mistakes in your first game a year after losing half your starters are something to be expected. The Salukis survived them and found a way to win.
Warner was amazing. The kid is all heart. I only hope some of the other running backs get healthy before we wear him out.

Houndawg
September 7th, 2008, 07:11 PM

xpeacex I hope your right, we still got a hard row to hoe.

More points by both teams than I thought would happen, otherwise my first post pretty much called it. I just thought I'd point that out since I don't often get the chance.:D

G.S.Green
September 7th, 2008, 07:45 PM
xpeacex I hope your right, we still got a hard row to hoe.

More points by both teams than I thought would happen, otherwise my first post pretty much called it. I just thought I'd point that out since I don't often get the chance.:D

I think things are looking very good for HU. You know we won't continue to have 5 TOs and 100+ yards in penalties every game.

DSUrocks07
September 7th, 2008, 08:10 PM

I think that WE might have something to say about that....xpeacex

G.S.Green
September 8th, 2008, 06:35 AM
I think that WE might have something to say about that....xpeacex

No need for the 'Highlander' attitude. There can be more than one. by the way, you stunk up the joint last year with the egg laid against Delaware. xrolleyesx

skinny_uncle
September 8th, 2008, 07:46 AM
I think things are looking very good for HU. You know we won't continue to have 5 TOs and 100+ yards in penalties every game.

The SIU D mioght have something to do with the turnovers. The penalties are something you mostly did to your self. You shot yourself in the foot more than once. Clean that up and you should have a pretty good season.

Houndawg
September 8th, 2008, 08:17 AM

You've got some very good athletes, that's for sure. The thing that would worry me if I were an HU fan is that with the entire O-line back you were able to net only 47 yards rushing (about 60 yds. gross), including 12 in the first half.

HIU 93
September 8th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Too many variables to make an accurate prediction. Both teams have many new faces, new coaches, and new systems. If we make adjustments from last week, the game will be close- not more than one touchdown by either team. If we play liken we did against JSU- it will be a very long day for us.

Just thought I would share this prediction once again. Y'all might want to start listening...

DSUrocks07
September 8th, 2008, 12:27 PM
No need for the 'Highlander' attitude. There can be more than one. by the way, you stunk up the joint last year with the egg laid against Delaware. xrolleyesx

2004-2006 xwhistlex

Houndawg
September 8th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Last year we called off the dogs early and rested starters for the playoff run.

This year? Lots of things in Hampton's plus column and SIU's minus column:

Hampton is loaded with SEC xfers and has already played a game. The biggest improvement comes from the first game to the second game.

SIU has a new coach and a new system they will be playing. There are bound to be missed assignment and blown plays. Hampton's athleticism could make us pay.

Having said that, I think SIU has the horses to take care of business.

I tried to tell them.xcoffeex

G.S.Green
September 8th, 2008, 06:34 PM
2004-2006 xwhistlex

True.....but those games were very close. Bill & Mary by seven. Richmond by (forgot that one) UNH by four.

DSUrocks07
September 8th, 2008, 07:39 PM
True.....but those games were very close. Bill & Mary by seven. Richmond by (forgot that one) UNH by four.

All in the first round...and wasn't Hampton a 2-seed one of those years?

DSUHornet
September 8th, 2008, 08:08 PM

ouch

G.S.Green
September 9th, 2008, 05:45 PM

4-Seed and yes, we lost.

G.S.Green
September 9th, 2008, 05:47 PM
4-Seed and yes, we lost......But it wasn't by a 40 spot!!

BTW, who are you playing next?