PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston FA's

kats89
April 25th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Dustin Long QB, has signed FA contract with Dallas Cowboys
Vincent Cartwright WR, signed FA contract with Tennessee Titans.

TexasTerror
April 25th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Three Bearkats sign free agent contracts -- Dustin Long (Dallas), Vincent Cartwright (Tennessee), and Jarod Fuller (Saskatchewan). This, according to the the Athletics web site.

Fuller, of course, signed with a Canadian Football League and is the sole addition to the aforementioned list you have.

blackfordpu
April 26th, 2005, 11:08 AM
If Long has a good off season with the Cowboys I think he has a good chance to play some this season. Testeverdi (however you spell it) is getting close to retiring and the other QB's on the Dallas roster have yet to prove themselves. I think it will be a battle to see who starts and if Long can be on his game and maybe improve some in the coming weeks he may get to play.

exbearkat
April 26th, 2005, 11:25 AM
If Long has a good off season with the Cowboys I think he has a good chance to play some this season. Testeverdi (however you spell it) is getting close to retiring and the other QB's on the Dallas roster have yet to prove themselves. I think it will be a battle to see who starts and if Long can be on his game and maybe improve some in the coming weeks he may get to play.
Don't forget, they also have Drew Bledsoe. :cool:

blackfordpu
April 26th, 2005, 11:30 AM

Yes, but he is getting up there in age as well and is injury prone. Hey, we can hope can't we. :)

TexasTerror
April 26th, 2005, 11:35 AM

Bledsoe. Henson and the chance that Romo comes back. He's an exclusive rights FA, so he could very well be back if Long doesn't shape out to what they want him to be when he comes up there during the mini-camp.

We'll see what happens with Jason Mathenia. Word is that we may hear his destination in the near future.

blackfordpu
April 26th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Bledsoe. Henson and the chance that Romo comes back. He's an exclusive rights FA, so he could very well be back if Long doesn't shape out to what they want him to be when he comes up there during the mini-camp.

We'll see what happens with Jason Mathenia. Word is that we may hear his destination in the near future.

Any ideas of where he might go?

Also, what are Cartwright's chances of actually playing at Tennessee? Do they have a great recieving staff now or are they trying to build one?

TexasTerror
April 26th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Any ideas of where he might go? Also, what are Cartwright's chances of actually playing at Tennessee? Do they have a great recieving staff now or are they trying to build one?

No clue on Mathenia...

Cartwright. Tennessee has six wide recievers from their current returnees and their three drafted ones. So, three guys that have some sort of NFL experience and then it's going to be a free-for-all for who gets the other spots on the team. Cartwright did not do any special teams all year for the most part, if not at all outside that one play where he blocked the kick. They ussually want bench guys playing special teams, so that may hurt him.

Expanded practice squads...we'll see.

exbearkat
April 26th, 2005, 11:43 AM
According to a poster on the bearkatsportsforum, JM is heading up to Minn. for a tryout with the Vikings sometime this week. That's not confirmed though.

blackfordpu
April 26th, 2005, 02:49 PM
According to a poster on the bearkatsportsforum, JM is heading up to Minn. for a tryout with the Vikings sometime this week. That's not confirmed though.

The Vikings? Didn't they draft a WR in the first round? They got rid of Moss but I do not think they are hurting at the WR position now. Especially with a QB like Culpepper throwing to them.