PDA

View Full Version : Villanova/West Virginia

ngineer
August 30th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Anyone get to see this (on tv or inperson)? I got home too late to see if I could get on the tube, but saw the score, which was somewhat lopsided, but it also seemed like Villanova had more yards???!!xeekx

danefan
August 30th, 2008, 10:24 PM
I saw the first half. Nova looked real good. They actually played pretty well and controlled a lot of the first quarter.

Hard to compare game to game, but Nova (IMO) looked much better than App State. But that's really meaningless. Just my observation though.

ngineer
August 30th, 2008, 10:33 PM
I saw the first half. Nova looked real good. They actually played pretty well and controlled a lot of the first quarter.

Hard to compare game to game, but Nova (IMO) looked much better than App State. But that's really meaningless. Just my observation though.

Greatxrolleyesx That's not what I wanted to hear. We face them in two weeks.xeekx

danefan
August 30th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Greatxrolleyesx That's not what I wanted to hear. We face them in two weeks.xeekx

Do you get SNY? The game was on SNY here in NJ and they usually replay their games the next morning. I know the Hofstra-UConn game has been on a few times since Thurs.

ngineer
August 30th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Do you get SNY? The game was on SNY here in NJ and they usually replay their games the next morning. I know the Hofstra-UConn game has been on a few times since Thurs.

Unfortunately, no. I'll just have to follow up with the Philly paper accounts.

Hoyadestroya85
August 31st, 2008, 05:52 AM

you guys are due to win this game.. you have the away field advantage...
i was very impressed with our boys and the depth we have at wide receiver especially... look for this team to make some noise xthumbsupx
I am VERY excited about this offense.. they can control the ball and be explosive at the same time

ngineer
August 31st, 2008, 02:34 PM
That's the impression I got from reading about the game. Very impressive yardage numbers against an FBS team ranked in the top 5. As with most teams in the early going, our D is going to be what carries us. If WVA's D had trouble with you, how our D does will go very far in telling us what kind of season we may have.

Also realized our game at VU is 1 p.m.--two years ago it was an evening game, starting at 6 pm. How come they moved the start time up?

Anovafan
August 31st, 2008, 03:19 PM
I was at the game, it was a pretty good showing for the Cats. WVU is the best team Nova has ever played and probably ever will play. They had speed out the wazoo. Pat White and Noel Devine are pure jets. I was shocked Nova stopped them on a few plays. Nova kept them both under 100 yards rushing, which is pretty hard for any defense to do. Nova had some bad turnovers, a pick 6, a missed FG, a blocked punt, and WVU had so many more big plays. The Nova offense looked great, moved the ball consistently and was awesome on 3rd down in front of over 60,000 rabid screaming fans. The place was LOUD. Only a few minor injuries that should heal up in two weeks before Lehigh. The coaches and team were pretty happy with the performance. This team is going to be good and should make a run at a playoff spot.

Ivytalk
August 31st, 2008, 08:02 PM
WVU passed more than usual and singed the Nova secondary pretty well. Respectable showing by the Wildcats, but they have a few things to work on.