PDA

View Full Version : Flacco Passing Them By?

93henfan
August 29th, 2008, 09:48 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens29aug29,0,3166677.story

Baltimore Sun - Aug 29, 2008

Joe Flacco was the best quarterback at M&T Bank Stadium last night, outshining fellow rookie Matt Ryan.

Whether Flacco has done enough to prove he is the best quarterback on the Ravens will be determined over the next week by coach John Harbaugh.

In last night's 10-9 loss to the Atlanta Falcons, Flacco delivered a convincing argument why he should be the Ravens' season-opening starter. The 18th overall pick in this year's draft completed eight of 13 passes for 72 yards and showed increasing confidence in directing the offense.

Looking ahead to the Sept.7 opener against the Cincinnati Bengals, Harbaugh could have a difficult time keeping the starting job away from Flacco, who was essentially ruled out of the quarterback battle a couple of weeks ago.

"I think Joe has made the case that he can go back there and compete for us as the opening-day starter," Harbaugh said. "Whether that's the best thing or where we're at, we'll have to see in the next three, four or five days. He's acquitted himself very well."...

Hoyadestroya85
August 29th, 2008, 11:02 PM
DJ Shockley was the best QB at the game

AppStateSVX
August 31st, 2008, 08:17 PM
Flacco is nowhere near Matt Ryan. I'm all for him succeeding, but he has a long way to go.

funny how the most successful rookie QB has been the one the scouts said would never make it - my boy Colt Brennan

DSUHornet
September 8th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I'm confused, what happened to Kyle Boller and Troy Smith?

Redwyn
September 8th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Boller got injured, so the Ravens used it as an excuse to get him out of there, and Troy Smith came down with acute tonsillitis so lost a good deal of weight, taking him out of the running.

Gotta say though, Flacco seems like a real emerging player, not a lucky scrub. Congrats on a great win!

DSUHornet
September 8th, 2008, 09:04 PM
absolutely amazing. from 3rd to 1st in a week's time.
due to "injury"

appfan2008
September 9th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Flacco is nowhere near Matt Ryan. I'm all for him succeeding, but he has a long way to go.

funny how the most successful rookie QB has been the one the scouts said would never make it - my boy Colt Brennan

your boy xeyebrowx

andy7171
September 9th, 2008, 01:56 PM
absolutely amazing. from 3rd to 1st in a week's time.
due to "injury"

He started and played almost the entire last two pre-season games. I heard Troy Smith almost died because of the infection from tonsilitis. He lost like 25lbs in a matter of several weeks.
Boller had a torn labrum and is having season ending surgery.

Of all people to play for the Ravens it has to be JOOOOOOOE FLACCOOOOOO. The Baltimore accent destroys it.

Nebuta
September 9th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Flacco is nowhere near Matt Ryan.

Wow. Nowhere near Matt Ryan? thats pretty harash. Both have 1-0 ball clubs and I believe Ryan was out performed by Flacco when played each other in last preseason game. But hey, maybe I was watching the wrong game.

89Hen
September 9th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Flacco is nowhere near Matt Ryan.
xconfusedx It's only a day's drive from B'more to Atlanta. xconfusedx

89Hen
September 9th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Of all people to play for the Ravens it has to be JOOOOOOOE FLACCOOOOOO. The Baltimore accent destroys it.
xlolx I wish more people around here could actually hear that in the their heads.

Hey hun, let's gow see Jeow Flaccow light up them Brawncos.

93henfan
September 9th, 2008, 08:15 PM

Let's compare their NFL stats:

Flacco: 15/29, 1 TD, 0 INT, 0 SACKS
Brennan: 1 clipboard held

YEP, your guy is a stud!xthumbsupx