PDA

View Full Version : Felton tops Chart

PaladinFan
August 27th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Furman's Jerome Felton still the top spot on the Lions depth chart at fullback going into the last preseason game. Not often that an FCS player will not only be a starter in the NFL, but the starter as a rookie.

furman94
August 27th, 2008, 06:38 PM
:D:D:D! Yay! J Train has pulled into Detroit! :D:D:D

HiHiYikas
August 27th, 2008, 08:46 PM
This news doesn't surprise me one bit. Great work by a great player.

elcid96
August 27th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Congrats to Felton. I guess I am not surprised either. He was a very dominating player.

CID1990
August 27th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Jerome will be a good fit for a team that has always had bruising runners.

PaladinFan
August 27th, 2008, 10:21 PM
He got flack last year for being "fat" and a runner who could only go "straight ahead." Seems like those questions have been answered.

The Detroit coaches have been raving about how smart he is. It'll be fun to see him play for as long as the run lasts. I'm even more proud that the word "transfer" isn't attached to him. He's a bonafide I-AA product.

TheValleyRaider
August 27th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Felton is one guy I'm glad graduated this past year

Meaning we don't have to see him on 9/13 xlolx

Good luck to him in Motown xthumbsupx

HiHiYikas
August 27th, 2008, 10:38 PM
He got flack last year for being "fat" and a runner who could only go "straight ahead." Seems like those questions have been answered.

The Detroit coaches have been raving about how smart he is. It'll be fun to see him play for as long as the run lasts. I'm even more proud that the word "transfer" isn't attached to him. He's a bonafide I-AA product.
I had a conversation with a Furman trustee at a seminary function a few years ago. He seemed impressed that I knew about Furman football.

I paid some compliment to Felton, adding "and I understand he's extremely smart, too." I was referring to his mastery of foreign languages, his completion of several college credits before entering high school...stuff like that.

I think the guy may have misunderstood my statement as some kind of slight - as if I were surprised that a college football player was actually bright.

His reply was something like "Well of course he's smart - that's the way we do it at Furman."

So I tossed my drink at him and ran away, knocking over several older people.

seriously, Felton's great...and smart

OL FU
August 28th, 2008, 06:12 AM
I had a conversation with a Furman trustee at a seminary function a few years ago. He seemed impressed that I knew about Furman football.

I paid some compliment to Felton, adding "and I understand he's extremely smart, too." I was referring to his mastery of foreign languages, his completion of several college credits before entering high school...stuff like that.

I think the guy may have misunderstood my statement as some kind of slight - as if I were surprised that a college football player was actually bright.

His reply was something like "Well of course he's smart - that's the way we do it at Furman."

So I tossed my drink at him and ran away, knocking over several older people.

seriously, Felton's great...and smart

He should have beat your preacher butt in the ground:o

xlolx xlolx

some people just can't take a complimentxsmiley_wix

BeauFoster
August 28th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Before we all anoint Mr. Felton the greatest fullback ever, let's remember that we are talking about Detroit, here. They don't exactly have a sterling reputation when it comes to talent evaluation. :p

All kidding aside, straight line or curved, that boy could flat out carry the ball and block. It's no surprise to me that he is not only on an NFL roster, but projected to see significant playing time or start. He should have a long and productive career playing pro football. xthumbsupx

PaladinFan
August 28th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Before we all anoint Mr. Felton the greatest fullback ever, let's remember that we are talking about Detroit, here. They don't exactly have a sterling reputation when it comes to talent evaluation. :p

All kidding aside, straight line or curved, that boy could flat out carry the ball and block. It's no surprise to me that he is not only on an NFL roster, but projected to see significant playing time or start. He should have a long and productive career playing pro football. xthumbsupx

Hey, Arizona and Buffalo told them they were drafting him when Detroit did. So at least he's in good company in the talent evaluation theatre.

The big question for him was whether he could block. He was a carrier in college, but by all accounts, it seems as though he's done quite well in the blocking category.

appst97
August 28th, 2008, 09:29 PM
TOUCHDOWN Jerome 9 yd rec for a td