PDA

View Full Version : Could The University of Richmond be looking past Elon?

elon77
August 25th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Just want to hear from you spider fans if its a possiblity that your team could be looking past Elon and might be thinking about your head coaches old team UVA. Any thoughts?xconfusedx

OL FU
August 25th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Just want to hear from you spider fans if its a possiblity that your team could be looking past Elon and might be thinking about your head coaches old team UVA. Any thoughts?xconfusedx

Any possibility that this post is wishful thinking:p xsmiley_wix

Tribe4SF
August 25th, 2008, 07:33 AM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox

JMU DUUUKES
August 25th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Elon has enough respect that that wont happen. If it was a really bad 1AA team maybe you'd have a shot of sneaking up on them. But they realize they have to come to play

bostonspider
August 25th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Considering Elon is ranked in the top 25, and this game is on the road, I think UR is more focused on beating Elon than worrying about UVA. Beating UVA is a bit of a pipe dream and we Spiders know it. It would be incredible if it happened, but it is quite unlikely. Now Elon is a team, that if we want to receive a seed and contend for the National Title, we need to beat.

mcveyrl
August 25th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Considering Elon is ranked in the top 25, and this game is on the road, I think UR is more focused on beating Elon than worrying about UVA. Beating UVA is a bit of a pipe dream and we Spiders know it. It would be incredible if it happened, but it is quite unlikely. Now Elon is a team, that if we want to receive a seed and contend for the National Title, we need to beat.

I agree. I'm sure UR's attitude is that they have to beat Elon, if they beat UVa, it's gravy.

ur2k
August 25th, 2008, 09:07 AM
The only thing concerning Richmond this week is turning up the heat on the QB and scoring more points than Elon.

elon77
August 25th, 2008, 09:56 AM
UVA is just a tator toss up the road, and they probably aren't going to be very good this year. It could be a good year for Coach London to knock off his old boss. Someone out there must think it could be in the back of their minds. A victory over Elon would be nice, but just think of the rewards for beating the Cavs. You could really pound on your chests then.xnodx

phoenixphanatic21
August 25th, 2008, 09:59 AM
I'd much rather see them beat UVA than us xnodx

But sadly, I highly doubt they will be looking past us. The days of teams looking past Elon are over. We gotta be ready to play week in and week out now. That doesn't mean we won't beat Richmond, it just means they won't be looking past us, which is good. I'd hate to hear them give us that excuse after they lose.

elon77
August 25th, 2008, 10:12 AM
I'd much rather see them beat UVA than us xnodx

But sadly, I highly doubt they will be looking past us. The days of teams looking past Elon are over. We gotta be ready to play week in and week out now. That doesn't mean we won't beat Richmond, it just means they won't be looking past us, which is good. I'd hate to hear them give us that excuse after they lose.

I hope they will be begging for UVA after Riddle, Hudgins, and Williamson finish with them. xnodx

IndianaAppMan
August 25th, 2008, 12:22 PM
I'll be pulling hard for the Phoenix in that game.

You can forget UR looking past Elon in that game. They're not going to give Elon any extra benefits. Elon better be ready.

LBPop
August 25th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Imagine my shock. When I saw the title of this thread, I thought surely you were suggesting that Richmond was obsessed with Georgetown. My bad. :p

elon77
August 25th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Imagine my shock. When I saw the title of this thread, I thought surely you were suggesting that Richmond was obsessed with Georgetown. My bad. :p

Georgetown has a flag football team don't they?xeyebrowx

Eight Legger
August 25th, 2008, 01:44 PM
There's a chance we are overlooking you guys, just like there's a chance I will drink nothing but seltzer water during our tailgate before the game Saturday...

And I for one expect us to beat UVA, too, but we'll worry about that after we win game #1.

elon77
August 25th, 2008, 02:02 PM
There's a chance we are overlooking you guys, just like there's a chance I will drink nothing but seltzer water during our tailgate before the game Saturday...

And I for one expect us to beat UVA, too, but we'll worry about that after we win game #1.

I hope you have fun, I hope the weather is good, and I hope we see a great game. If you have never been to Elon walk around and check out the school. It's a nice place, maybe not as pretty as Richmond, but a close second. I would like for the two schools to continue this series, the schools have a lot in common.xnodx

SoCon48
August 25th, 2008, 02:28 PM

Can't see Richmond looking past any SoCon team, especially an opening game on the road.

JohnStOnge
August 25th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Obviously not a Richmond fan but, like others, I say "not a chance."

DTSpider
August 25th, 2008, 06:31 PM
There's no way a team ever looks past a first game for a new coach, especially a guy that is an alumnus and known as a players coach. UR is completely focused on Elon.

I'm looking foward to getting down to Elon around lunchtime. Any suggestions on good places to eat?

ASU88
August 25th, 2008, 06:34 PM
If this game wasn't conflicting with the ASU-LSU matchup I'd probably go see it. This might end up being the most interesting game of the day.

First one to 50 wins!

PaladinFan
August 25th, 2008, 06:44 PM
UVA is the 12th most important game on Richmond's schedule.

elon77
August 25th, 2008, 07:47 PM
There's no way a team ever looks past a first game for a new coach, especially a guy that is an alumnus and known as a players coach. UR is completely focused on Elon.

I'm looking foward to getting down to Elon around lunchtime. Any suggestions on good places to eat?

There are probably more restaurants within 5 miles of Elon than any place on the east coast, it seems like it anyway. There is a good place at the exit off of 85 called Mimi's Cafe, and a BBQ joint called Shanes Rib Shack. There also are a couple pretty good places in the Town of Elon, Side Tracks and Brown and Co. Enjoy.xnodx

BeauFoster
August 25th, 2008, 08:03 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing this game in person. Planning on watching the ASU-LSU game at a bar, somewhere near Elon, and then heading over to catch the second half of a barn-burner. Having seen both teams last season, I don't know who to give the edge to. I don't think Richmond will have too much trouble scoring, but I don't think Elon will, either. Hell, it could be 55-54 by the start of the 4th quarter.