PDA

View Full Version : 4 2007 Griz could make NFL rosters.

Ronbo
August 18th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Dan Carpenter will start.

Kroy Biermann is impressing in Atlanta and is #2 on the depth chart but could steal the starting job soon.

Lex Hilliard is doing really well and is only being outperformed by Williams in Miami.

Cody Bologh has worked his way to backup Tackle for the Bears.

mtgrizfan4life
August 18th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Ronbo, I posted something like this a week ago, and sadly enough those outside of griznation just do not care. If it were App State this would get some more response. I wonder how many FBS programs get 4 players this far?

Grizaholic17
August 18th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Ronbo, I posted something like this a week ago, and sadly enough those outside of griznation just do not care. If it were App State this would get some more response. I wonder how many FBS programs get 4 players this far?

They care. But Griz fans like to keep underwraps and stick to egriz for these things.

But this is noteworthy. Congrats to them!

Casey_Orourke
August 18th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Unless there has been some news I missed, as far as I know these five Vikings are still on NFL rosters.

Brennen Carvalho, C, Green Bay Packers
2007 Rimington Award (best FCS center)
Hula Bowl
Kapa'a, HI

Sean Bodiford was placed on the Packers Injured Reserve list to make room when Brett Farve was reinstated by the league.

Jordan Senn, LB, Indianapolis Colts
Academic All-American
127 tackles in 2007 (more than any Viking in 30 seasons)
320 career tackles at Portland State (second all-time)
Beaverton, OR

Olaniyi Sobomehin, FB, New Orleans Saints
6-1, 230-pound full back
Portland, OR

Daren Heerspink, RT, Miami Dolphins
6-5, 310-pound tackle
East Coast Bowl
Lynden, WA

I'm sure if I am wrong, Griz fans will let me know in no certain terms.

Grizalltheway
August 18th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Unless there has been some news I missed, as far as I know these five Vikings are still on NFL rosters.

Brennen Carvalho, C, Green Bay Packers
2007 Rimington Award (best FCS center)
Hula Bowl
Kapa'a, HI

Sean Bodiford was placed on the Packers Injured Reserve list to make room when Brett Farve was reinstated by the league.

Jordan Senn, LB, Indianapolis Colts
Academic All-American
127 tackles in 2007 (more than any Viking in 30 seasons)
320 career tackles at Portland State (second all-time)
Beaverton, OR

Olaniyi Sobomehin, FB, New Orleans Saints
6-1, 230-pound full back
Portland, OR

Daren Heerspink, RT, Miami Dolphins
6-5, 310-pound tackle
East Coast Bowl
Lynden, WA

I'm sure if I am wrong, Griz fans will let me know in no certain terms.

But they aren't from the same class xrulesx (not that it isn't impressive).

Grizalltheway
August 18th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Dan Carpenter will start.

Kroy Biermann is impressing in Atlanta and is #2 on the depth chart but could steal the starting job soon.

Lex Hilliard is doing really well and is only being outperformed by Williams in Miami.

Cody Bologh has worked his way to backup Tackle for the Bears.

If this isn't proof positive that Bobby and Phen just aren't getting the job done, I don't know what is. xcoffeex

Casey_Orourke
August 18th, 2008, 11:28 PM
But they aren't from the same class xrulesx (not that it isn't impressive).

They are.... Class of 2007

http://www.goviks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92391&SPID=11189&temp_site=NO&DB_OEM_ID=19300&ATCLID=1449391

Grizalltheway
August 18th, 2008, 11:35 PM
They are.... Class of 2007

http://www.goviks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92391&SPID=11189&temp_site=NO&DB_OEM_ID=19300&ATCLID=1449391

Oops...I stand corrected. :o But they weren't undefeated! :p

Casey_Orourke
August 18th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Oops...I stand corrected. :o But they weren't undefeated! :p

I'll give on Bodiford, he is a third year player, but a spot on an NFL roster is a spot on a NFL roster and if you are a rookie the vets could care less what you and your team did in college.

You got to prove you belong there and so far the players from Montana, Portland State and all the other schools in the FCS still there have proven they do. But the preseason isn't over and cuts are still on the horizon.

At least I didn't count Brian White or Casey Tyler because both were cut.

mtgrizfan4life
August 19th, 2008, 12:10 AM
If this isn't proof positive that Bobby and Phen just aren't getting the job done, I don't know what is. xcoffeex

BH has my support 100%. However, it pisses me off that he is so loyal to RP. With most any other OC we have 2 more NC's and BH has his FBS job.

Hell if Portland State has that many players on the verge of making the NFL, PSU fans should be screaming for Glanvilles job and head. xconfusedx

mtgrizfan4life
August 19th, 2008, 12:11 AM

BH has my support 100%. However, it pisses me off that he is so loyal to RP. With most any other OC we have 2 more NC's and BH has his FBS job.

Hell if Portland State has that many players on the verge of making the NFL, PSU fans should be screaming for Glanvilles job and head. xconfusedx

Grizalltheway
August 20th, 2008, 01:47 PM

Exactly. If I thought there was any chance of him showing RP the door, I'd be fine with him sticking around for a few more years. But that, IMO, isn't going to happen, and thusly I hope this year is his last. xtwocentsx

NE MT GRIZZ
August 20th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Exactly. If I thought there was any chance of him showing RP the door, I'd be fine with him sticking around for a few more years. But that, IMO, isn't going to happen, and thusly I hope this year is his last. xtwocentsx

I agree.

The offense has been horrible in BH's tenure.

I would be more supportive of BH if there were signs of improvement, but there hasn't.

I'm asking Griz fans who are more "in the know" than I am, Is RP calling plays based on Bobby's philosophy, or does he have all the say in play calling?

I tend to think RP is limited to what Bobby says.

Grizaholic17
August 20th, 2008, 02:14 PM
I agree.

The offense has been horrible in BH's tenure.

I would be more supportive of BH if there were signs of improvement, but there hasn't.

I'm asking Griz fans who are more "in the know" than I am, Is RP calling plays based on Bobby's philosophy, or does he have all the say in play calling?

I tend to think RP is limited to what Bobby says.

All coordinators are limited to the philosophy of the Head coach. They go in with a gameplan. You follow that game plan.

He could man up and go against the philosophy, but god knows he won't.

appfan2008
August 20th, 2008, 02:20 PM
well congrats to you mantana fans as app only has 2 players still on rosters from last years team

Retro
August 20th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Mcneese has 3 players from the 2007 team still on NFL rosters and 3 more from previous years..

2007 team:

Bryan Smith - Eagles
Marcus Brown - Cardinals
Darrick Brown - Raiders

2003 team:

Luke Lawton - Eagles
B.J. Sams - Chiefs
Keith Smith - Lions

Ronbo
August 20th, 2008, 04:13 PM
We have 4 more players on NFL watch lists from this years team.

O-Linemen
Quinn
Dow
Russum

Safety
Anderson

Tuff Harris from 2006 is with Tennessee. There is a possibility our 2006 team that lost to UMass could end up with 6-9 NFL players.

mistersykes
August 20th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Congrats to the Griz! That's something to be proud of. Now lets see them do some damage on sundays!