PDA

View Full Version : Flacco Raises Eyebrows in Game Two

93henfan
August 18th, 2008, 09:40 AM
From the Baltimore Sun: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.steele18aug18,0,5137341.column

One Throw Away From QB Controversy - Late TD toss by Flacco would have created calls for rookie to start
Aug 18 2008, David Steele, Baltimore Sun

Joe Flacco was 13 yards from sending the Baltimore metropolitan area into complete panic Saturday night...

appfan2008
August 18th, 2008, 09:45 AM
sorry he missed the shot to be the hero but his day will come

it is cool that he is playing so close to where he played ball in college

zymergy
August 18th, 2008, 10:03 AM
I think he needs more time to settle in before he gets thrown to the wolves. You can't judge his preseason play until he actually plays with the first team OF anyway. Give Smith a chance to start.

93henfan
August 18th, 2008, 10:12 AM
I think he needs more time to settle in before he gets thrown to the wolves. You can't judge his preseason play until he actually plays with the first team OF anyway. Give Smith a chance to start.

I don't disagree. No need to rush Joe out behind that O-line. Even the first team is a row of turnstyles.

appfan2008
August 18th, 2008, 10:15 AM
as a heisman winner I think he at least deserves a shot to try to prove himself... if it dont work smith will be like plenty of other undersized college studs and proflops and it would be no big deal but it might work in the end you never know

smallcollegefbfan
August 18th, 2008, 12:19 PM

I agree and think he needs a couple years to learn the system and get used to the NFL. Good to see he had a better 2nd game outing.

Oldhen
August 19th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Surprisingly, this was all seen very differently by the coach.

As Peter King reports in SI MMQB:

John Harbaugh says Troy Smith and Kyle Boller "have separated themselves'' from Joe Flacco.

ChickenMan
August 19th, 2008, 11:44 AM
The worst thing that can happen is for Joe Flacco to be named the starter for a bad Ravens team this year. It's best that he progress slowly... if he's thrown to the wolves behind a very suspect Baltimore offensive line.. it could be vey detrimental to his developement.

Oldhen
August 19th, 2008, 11:57 AM
The worst thing that can happen is for Joe Flacco to be named the starter for a bad Ravens team this year. It's best that he progress slowly... if he's thrown to the wolves behind a very suspect Baltimore offensive line.. it could be vey detrimental to his development.

Agreed.

bluehenbillk
August 19th, 2008, 02:14 PM
I think the calls for Joe to start will come by mid-season. This Ravens team is not going to be very good this year, no offense at all.

appfan2008
August 19th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Surprisingly, this was all seen very differently by the coach.

As Peter King reports in SI MMQB:

Troy should get the ball