PDA

View Full Version : Saluki fans what do you think about your team chances in League this year?

ShowMeBear2
August 13th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Just want your thoughts? I fear you guys still and think some are sleeping on you guys.

skinny_uncle
August 13th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Sleep away.

We are hard to predict with the coaching changes and a new QB. We still have some weapons. We are deep at tailback, the core of our offensive line is back along with the TE. We have six starters back on the D. Our linebacker corps looks to be the strongest part of that group. Our kickers are both back. Scott Ravanesi (punter) averaged 45.8 yds/punt last year. How well we do this year may depend on how well the players adapt to the changes Coach Lennon is putting us through.

ShowMeBear2
August 13th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I cannot understand how the so called experts say you guys are not a front runner for the title?.

ShowMeBear2
August 13th, 2008, 06:46 PM
North Dakota State IS NOT going to win it.

PantherRob82
August 13th, 2008, 07:16 PM
I wouldn't rule out NDSU. That seems crazy. SIU should be good. Too many intangibles to predict.

Houndawg
August 13th, 2008, 07:21 PM
I cannot understand how the so called experts say you guys are not a front runner for the title?.

Word is that UNI has loaded up on difference maker xfers. I think we can exceed the predictions of a fifth place finish in the MVC, but things will have to fall just right for us to win the league. We badly need to split the first four games to have a chance: Hampton, @Northwestern, UNI, @NDSU (homecoming). Personally, I think MSU is the team that will most exceed expectations in the league, and IMO the game @MSU is a trap game for SIU.

Houndawg
August 13th, 2008, 07:22 PM
I wouldn't rule out NDSU. That seems crazy. SIU should be good. Too many intangibles to predict.

Exactly. SIU will be in the thick of it if the new QB steps up.

skinny_uncle
August 13th, 2008, 07:28 PM
YSU is waiting in the wings, too. It should be a very competitive conference again this year. Adding the Dakotas just made a tough conference tougher.

Houndawg
August 13th, 2008, 07:42 PM
YSU is waiting in the wings, too. It should be a very competitive conference again this year. Adding the Dakotas just made a tough conference tougher.

I think YSU has the most favorable home schedule too.

ShowMeBear2
August 13th, 2008, 09:51 PM
My concern with Bears is how much will the defense improve. Also our offensive line is solid and I hope Kirby avoids the year 2 slump.