PDA

View Full Version : Dan Carpenter Kicking for the Dolphins

grizband
August 11th, 2008, 01:45 AM
Former Griz kicker, and all-time FCS scoring leader, Dan Carpenter went 2-2 in Saturday's preseason loss to Tampa Bay; Carpenter connected from 41 and 49 yards.

http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2008/08/11/sports/sports04.txt

Check out this video, Carp's kicks are shown at the :58 and 2:00 minute marks.

Carpenter's kicks on NFL video (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d809e5bab)

Tod
August 11th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Looked good, sounded nice: "Man, you couldn't draw it any straighter than that"!

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Cleets
August 11th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Any news on Kroy with the falcons...?

Benne
August 11th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Any news on Kroy with the falcons...?

He forced a fumble and recovered it last saturday.

mtgrizfan4life
August 11th, 2008, 10:02 AM
He forced a fumble and recovered it last saturday.

For what it is worth, the ball did not even hit the ground. He literally stole it from the ball carrier. GRIZ D will miss Biermann this year. At least we have Colt Anderson still. xthumbsupx

appfan2008
August 11th, 2008, 10:04 AM
good luck to both kroy and dan this year

Benne
August 11th, 2008, 10:29 AM
For what it is worth, the ball did not even hit the ground. He literally stole it from the ball carrier. GRIZ D will miss Biermann this year. At least we have Colt Anderson still. xthumbsupx

1:37 Mark. What a beast. http://www.atlantafalcons.com/media_library/Videos/NFL_Network/2008/08/NFL_Network_Brian_Baldinger_Talks_about_the_Falcon s_-_8-10-08.aspx

blueballs
August 11th, 2008, 03:45 PM
I watched the Bucs/Dolphins game the other night and carpenter was indeed impressive, outkicking Matt Bryant of the Bucs.

There were a few FCS guys in that game: Dexter Jackson, Jayson Foster, Boomer Grigsby, Josh Johnson, just to name a few.

CrunchGriz
August 11th, 2008, 07:05 PM
I watched the Bucs/Dolphins game the other night and carpenter was indeed impressive, outkicking Matt Bryant of the Bucs.

There were a few FCS guys in that game: Dexter Jackson, Jayson Foster, Boomer Grigsby, Josh Johnson, just to name a few.

...not to mention Lex Hilliard of Montana.

Tod
August 12th, 2008, 02:41 AM

Whoa! What an all-FCS-star cast! Wish I had more time to pay closer attention, but then...I got folks like you, bb. Thank you!

Way to go Kroy and Dan!!

:) :)

Appguy
August 12th, 2008, 08:51 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/12/fins-fry-feely/

Dan Carpenter is so good they only needed one game to see he IS there new starting kicker after they just cut Jay Feely!

Congratulations!

Benne
August 12th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Wow, he just unseated last years most accurate kicker

FCS Go!
August 12th, 2008, 10:48 AM
xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

IABison
August 12th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Nice job, Dan! xhurrayx xhurrayx

mcveyrl
August 12th, 2008, 04:05 PM
A little doggie (Terrier) told me he might not do so hot under pressure...

:D :D

Just kidding. Congrats to him!!

(Like the guy whose most famous kicking alum is Scott Norwood has any room to talk)

SeattleGriz
August 12th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Small world. Around the 4th of July, I ran into Dan in Plentywood, MT when I was back there with my wife for her all school reunion.

Asked him how it was going and to let him know how everyone was pulling for him.

By the way, Dan was there because he is dating a girl from Plentywood.

Grizalltheway
August 12th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Really hope he gets the job. As far as I know, he would be only the second person from my hometown (Helena) to play as a starter in the NFL.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 12th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Really hope he gets the job. As far as I know, he would be only the second person from my hometown (Helena) to play as a starter in the NFL.

Are you thinking of the O-Lineman for the Cowboys as the other one?

grizband
August 12th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I know a friend of Dan's, who said he has been fairly optimistic about this situation. I really hope Dan wins the job, and has a very productive rookie season!

Grizalltheway
August 12th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Are you thinking of the O-Lineman for the Cowboys as the other one?

Yup. Pat Donovan, I believe.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 12th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Yup. Pat Donovan, I believe.

Consider your belief certified then. I bet I looked at his shrine 1000 times in high school.

Grizalltheway
August 13th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Consider your belief certified then. I bet I looked at his shrine 1000 times in high school.

xeyebrowx

I guess I'm not as devoted as you, ursus. I really only know who he is because my 8th grade history teacher used to brag about having coached him at Helena High.

uofmman1122
August 13th, 2008, 03:51 AM
DAN WON THE JOB!!!!

xhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayx

DAVIE - Kicker Jay Feely was cut by the Dolphins Tuesday morning, clearing the way for rookie kicker Dan Carpenter to take the starting spot.

Feely, a seven-year veteran, set a franchise record last season for accuracy, converting 21 of 23 field goals.

Feely has been battling a groin strain that forced him to sit out practice last week and miss Saturday's 17-6 exhibition loss to Tampa Bay.

In that game, Carpenter, an undrafted rookie free agent from Montana, converted a 41 and 49 yard field goal.

Appguy
August 13th, 2008, 10:23 AM
DAN WON THE JOB!!!!

DAVIE - Kicker Jay Feely was cut by the Dolphins Tuesday morning, clearing the way for rookie kicker Dan Carpenter to take the starting spot.

Feely, a seven-year veteran, set a franchise record last season for accuracy, converting 21 of 23 field goals.

Feely has been battling a groin strain that forced him to sit out practice last week and miss Saturday's 17-6 exhibition loss to Tampa Bay.

In that game, Carpenter, an undrafted rookie free agent from Montana, converted a 41 and 49 yard field goal.

We know, look at the begining of page 2

ursus arctos horribilis
August 13th, 2008, 11:53 AM
xeyebrowx

I guess I'm not as devoted as you, ursus. I really only know who he is because my 8th grade history teacher used to brag about having coached him at Helena High.

Well then you either went to Capital High or they took it down by the time you were in High School. It was right outside on the wall of the gym at Helena High.

Grizalltheway
August 13th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Well then you either went to Capital High or they took it down by the time you were in High School. It was right outside on the wall of the gym at Helena High.

Gotcha. I did go to Capital, and I guess I never noticed it the handful of times I've been inside HH. I imagine they'll have one built for ol Dan sooner or later.

Grizaholic17
August 13th, 2008, 01:42 PM

HAHA!! you should see the shrine now! IT'S even more impressive. WOW.

Congrats to Dan. Knowing him personally, I hope his cockiness level notches down.

smallcollegefbfan
August 13th, 2008, 03:25 PM
It is great to see Dan doing well!

uofmman1122
August 13th, 2008, 11:19 PM
We know, look at the begining of page 2Oh, excuse me...I didn't catch your breaking story there.

Sheesh. xrolleyesxxlolx

Appguy
August 15th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Us east coasters get the news faster!

Peems
August 15th, 2008, 03:03 PM
HAHA!! you should see the shrine now! IT'S even more impressive. WOW.

Congrats to Dan. Knowing him personally, I hope his cockiness level notches down.

What?!?!?! I too know Dan and while he is a bit "cocky" it's all in good fun, he's one of the more down to earth guys you'll meet. Go Griz!

uofmman1122
August 17th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Carp was 4 for 4 tonight!

Two over 40 yards. xthumbsupx

Grizzaholic
August 17th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Carp was 4 for 4 tonight!

Two over 40 yards. xthumbsupx

He is just money.xbowx xbowx xbowx