PDA

View Full Version : SHSU's McCown on Top of Dolphins Depth Chart

TexasTerror
August 4th, 2008, 06:09 PM
SHSU signal-caller Josh McCown is on top of the Miami depth chart. Wonder how long he'll last. One has got to figure that he'll hold off John Beck and Chad Henne.

DAVIE, Fla. -- Josh McCown is listed as the Miami Dolphins' No. 1 quarterback, for now.

The Dolphins released their first depth chart of the season Monday per NFL policy, putting the seven-year veteran at the top.

Dolphins coach Tony Sparano was quick to point out that the depth chart is ever-changing and that second-year man John Beck and rookie Chad Henne haven't been ruled out to start at quarterback for Miami's preseason opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Saturday night.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3519124

Hood
August 4th, 2008, 09:12 PM
TT - McCown, was he your QB in fall 99 when you guys smacked the ever loving day lights out of us 69-17 in your house? That was the game where we jumped out early due to some botched snaps on your side... (funny story, I was a freshman trumpet player for Nicholls that year and one of our French horn players bellows out "YOU WILL FUMBLE THE SNAP!" and the snap was fumbled....this is now a reoccurring battle cry for the NSU band though it never really has happened since that afternoon).

Anyway, the biggest part of that afternoon was my inability to get the coast guard theme out of my head for years afterward.

TexasTerror
August 4th, 2008, 09:18 PM
TT - McCown, was he your QB in fall 99 when you guys smacked the ever loving day lights out of us 69-17 in your house? That was the game where we jumped out early due to some botched snaps on your side... (funny story, I was a freshman trumpet player for Nicholls that year and one of our French horn players bellows out "YOU WILL FUMBLE THE SNAP!" and the snap was fumbled....this is now a reoccurring battle cry for the NSU band though it never really has happened since that afternoon).

Anyway, the biggest part of that afternoon was my inability to get the coast guard theme out of my head for years afterward.

Chris Chaloupka (formerly of Oklahoma State) was the QB in 1999. Josh McCown was the QB in 2001 when we narrowly escaped 35-32 in Thibodaux.

On a brighter note, I will be making a visit to Thibodaux, for non-football purposes on Dec. 22. This will be my first trip there since a summer tour of your athletic facilities in 2007. xnodx