PDA

View Full Version : Report: Jeremy Shockey Traded

JoltinJoe
July 21st, 2008, 01:51 PM
Sources: Giants to trade Shockey to Saints (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8364800?MSNHPHMA)

Shockey is a lot like that good-looking, high maintenance girl you used to date, until you just got tired of her.xnodx

danefan
July 21st, 2008, 01:53 PM
Good. Better off without him.

And, BTW, male UAlbany students have officially sighed a breath of relief now that they no longer have to worry about Shockey sleeping with their girlfriends during pre-season camp.

bluehenbillk
July 21st, 2008, 03:17 PM
Nice the Eagles miss the Saints this year, Shockey did well against the Birds.

Cleets
July 21st, 2008, 03:20 PM
Sources: Giants to trade Shockey to Saints (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8364800?MSNHPHMA)

Shockey is a lot like that good-looking, high maintenance girl you used to date, until you just got tired of her.xnodx

Wow..!!!
Brilliant trade for the Giants...
a second rounder AND a 5th rounder... xnodx

The saints are out of their minds... (fear the G-men) this bunch might be around for a while

which is slightly annoying... xlolx .... xoopsx

JoltinJoe
July 21st, 2008, 03:47 PM
Wow..!!!

The saints are out of their minds... (fear the G-men) this bunch might be around for a while

Are you being facetious???? Can't tell :o

Shockey wore his welcome out in NY. A case of addition by subtraction.

TheValleyRaider
July 21st, 2008, 05:02 PM
This could be a good pickup for the Saints, if the change in scenery helps Shockey get his head on straight

2 picks for him is pretty good, wonder why this didn't get done on Draft Day xconfusedx

They must have great confidence in Boss and Matthews. Jerry Reese has been pretty good so far with his personnel decisions, so I'll back him on this xnodx

Go...gate
July 21st, 2008, 05:39 PM

xnodx xnodx

Cleets
July 21st, 2008, 05:45 PM

Um... I'm totally serious
The NFL's most over-rated Tight end for 2 draft picks... (one being a second rounder..!!)

I would have traded Shockey for a broken Helmet and laser pointer xcoffeex 2 picks is amazing

AZGrizFan
July 21st, 2008, 05:51 PM
Wow..!!!

so, the Giants got MORE for Shockey than the Dolphins got for Jason Taylor??? That makes NO sense... xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

JoltinJoe
July 21st, 2008, 05:58 PM
Um... I'm totally serious
The NFL's most over-rated Tight end for 2 draft picks... (one being a second rounder..!!)

I would have traded Shockey for a broken Helmet and laser pointer xcoffeex 2 picks is amazing

That's a pretty astute observation for a guy (I'm sure) who doesn't see Shockey every weekend.

Shockey gets amazing press but I've never seen a TE who is supposed to be so tough who gets fewer yards after a reception than Shockey. The guy drops at the mere sight of a tackler. Mark Bavero he ain't.

Cleets
July 21st, 2008, 06:03 PM
so, the Giants got MORE for Shockey than the Dolphins got for Jason Taylor??? That makes NO sense... xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

The Giants are a far better run organization (by a long way) than the Dolphins...

xnodx

TheValleyRaider
July 21st, 2008, 06:20 PM
The Giants are a far better run organization (by a long way) than the Dolphins...

xnodx

That gap will close real quick in the next year or two