PDA

View Full Version : CoC Fans Want Football?

Lehigh Football Nation
July 9th, 2008, 10:34 AM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=coc-ad-joe-hull-pressed-on-adding-footba&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

This sports writer sure does:

So when do you plan to add football?

“I’m asked about it occasionally, but I don’t think about it. I’m certainly aware that we don’t have a football program. That’s for another day in the future. I’m certainly not making any plans.”

Do you think the time will come when you take a serious look at it, or do you reject it as impractical?

“None of us can predict the future, but in my mind, any issue about football would have to come from the president or the trustees. If someone at that level said, ‘We should take a look at this’ I’m confident that I could do that. But I don’t say any time in the near future that I’m going to push that way. We’re going to take the programs we have and try to make them the best they can be.”

CSUBUCDAD
July 9th, 2008, 11:07 AM
There is absolutely zero interest at College of Charleston for a football program.

Tealblood
July 9th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I thought the Citadel was the college of charleston

SoCon48
July 9th, 2008, 12:53 PM

xlolx xlolx

CSUBUCDAD
July 9th, 2008, 01:20 PM

Oh hell standby for a full broadside cannon shot from CITDOG........3......2....1......xeyebrowx

CharlestonAppFan
July 9th, 2008, 01:30 PM
There is absolutely zero interest at College of Charleston for a football program.

When you have 7 girls to every guy make up the student population, there may be a correlation to not having any interest in a football program xeyebrowx I don't forsee them having a team unless the odds change in the future xnodx

Biff
July 9th, 2008, 01:46 PM

Only a stupid a$$ Gamecock would think that. Wait, you stole the mascot from USC but you call it some gay a$$ name from some 14th Century story.

citdog
July 9th, 2008, 01:47 PM

I THOUGHT I SMELLED CHICKEN****

IndianaAppMan
July 9th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Here's why CofC won't get football for any time in the foreseeable future:

1. Most women are far less interested in spectator sports than most men are. CofC students & alumni have had a 7:1 female-to-male ratio for a very long time. Thus, the majority of the student body and alumni base wouldn't be as committed to supporting football as other schools.

2. The male students in Charleston are content without football. They have an enormous selection of women to enjoy (interpret that however you like). They have the beach fifteen minutes away. They have the beautiful city of Charleston. They have a good music scene. They have great restaurants. They have great night life. They even have Citadel football a mile or two from campus if they get a football itch, and many of them drive up to Columbia or Clemson since that's where their loyalties lie.

3. Basketball does a nice job of filling the sports void left by football in the fall.

4. Football at CofC would not fill any needs that aren't already met. It already gets recognition, being in the tourist hot-spot of colonial Charleston. It's been featured in movies such as The Patriot. It gets high marks on the college ranking magazines. It's basketball team is well-respected.

5. Most importantly of all, as the article points out, not a single person who carries an ounce of influence at CofC (like the Board of Trustees or administration) has even expressed interest in football. The AD apparently hasn't, either. Regardless of what delusional AGS posters believe, their beliefs that CofC will get football has no credible basis.

jmu_duke07
July 9th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Here's why CofC won't get football for any time in the foreseeable future:

1. Most women are far less interested in spectator sports than most men are. CofC students & alumni have had a 7:1 female-to-male ratio for a very long time. Thus, the majority of the student body and alumni base wouldn't be as committed to supporting football as other schools.

2. The male students in Charleston are content without football. They have an enormous selection of women to enjoy (interpret that however you like). They have the beach fifteen minutes away. They have the beautiful city of Charleston. They have a good music scene. They have great restaurants. They have great night life. They even have Citadel football a mile or two from campus if they get a football itch, and many of them drive up to Columbia or Clemson since that's where their loyalties lie.

3. Basketball does a nice job of filling the sports void left by football in the fall.

4. Football at CofC would not fill any needs that aren't already met. It already gets recognition, being in the tourist hot-spot of colonial Charleston. It's been featured in movies such as The Patriot. It gets high marks on the college ranking magazines. It's basketball team is well-respected.

5. Most importantly of all, as the article points out, not a single person who carries an ounce of influence at CofC (like the Board of Trustees or administration) has even expressed interest in football. The AD apparently hasn't, either. Regardless of what delusional AGS posters believe, their beliefs that CofC will get football has no credible basis.

In total agreement with this... Many of the CofC students wouldn't care too much about football. And, if they did, they would have gone to Clemson or USC. Secondly, I'm not sure where they would play if they were to get football? Maybe Mount Pleasant (that's where the baseball stadium is located)... Thirdly, Charleston is already too congested early - mid fall... why add more!

OL FU
July 9th, 2008, 03:14 PM

Considering Charleston is the Holy City, I took this statement as a complimentxconfusedx

WUTNDITWAA
July 9th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Considering Charleston is the Holy City, I took this statement as a complimentxconfusedx

I read it as a compliment at first too. xreadx

Death Dealer
July 9th, 2008, 04:39 PM
I spent four fantastic years as a student as MUSC, chasing CoC tail from Myskyn's to the Music Farm and all stops in between. Two legged deer hunting is the only sport that Charleston will ever need, it is a full time job.xnodx

mizzoufan1
July 9th, 2008, 05:39 PM
I read it as a compliment at first too. xreadx

I think I am missing the joke...

Tealblood
July 10th, 2008, 05:54 AM

While it was not intended as a compliment it wasn't intended as a slam either

well it was a slam on the college of knoledge--CofC

but since some from citadel have taken it as a slam so much the better

Tealblood
July 10th, 2008, 05:56 AM
did you guys know that CofC also "owns" the rights to University of Charleston--never used it but does own it

Tealblood
July 10th, 2008, 05:59 AM
apperarently alec sanders got wind a few years ago that the baptist college--csu was going to change their name to the Univeristy of Charleston

he immediately called people at the secretary of states office and took the name

that is why baptist college in now charleston southern university

citdog
July 10th, 2008, 07:45 AM

IT'S FUNNY HOW YOU DOUCHES WHO QUIT THE CITADEL AND RUN HOME TO HIDE BEHIND YOUR MOTHERS SKIRT ALWAYS END UP AT COASTAL CAROLINA.

jmu_duke07
July 10th, 2008, 09:12 AM
IT'S FUNNY HOW YOU DOUCHES WHO QUIT THE CITADEL AND RUN HOME TO HIDE BEHIND YOUR MOTHERS SKIRT ALWAYS END UP AT COASTAL CAROLINA.

I still don't see the perk in "playing" war... Citdog, did you not make it in to an academy?

Death Dealer
July 10th, 2008, 09:46 AM
I still don't see the perk in "playing" war... Citdog, did you not make it in to an academy?

OH SHYT!!!!!xeekx TAKE COVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

GreatAppSt
July 10th, 2008, 09:59 AM

OUCH!xlolx xlolx

Biff
July 10th, 2008, 10:05 AM
did you guys know that CofC also "owns" the rights to University of Charleston--never used it but does own it

apperarently alec sanders got wind a few years ago that the baptist college--csu was going to change their name to the Univeristy of Charleston

he immediately called people at the secretary of states office and took the name

that is why baptist college in now charleston southern university

http://www.ucwv.edu/

xconfusedx Guess these guys didn't get the message.

citdog
July 10th, 2008, 10:08 AM

i received an appt to "hudson high" but decided to attend a real mans school like my father and grandfather. The Citadel fourth class system was not watered down by the presence of the 'fairer sex" when I was a Cadet and i don't think there was any "playing" in the two wars i took an active role in while an Officer in the Army of "the late united states".

i don't see the point in going to jmu which is exactly like every other college in america. you recieved a generic education...."i took the road less traveled and that has made all the difference"

jmu_duke07
July 10th, 2008, 10:47 AM
i received an appt to "hudson high" but decided to attend a real mans school like my father and grandfather. The Citadel fourth class system was not watered down by the presence of the 'fairer sex" when I was a Cadet and i don't think there was any "playing" in the two wars i took an active role in while an Officer in the Army of "the late united states".

i don't see the point in going to jmu which is exactly like every other college in america. you recieved a generic education...."i took the road less traveled and that has made all the difference"

I guess so... you are one in a million citdog, don't let anyone tell you different!

Tealblood
July 10th, 2008, 02:58 PM
make that the south carolina secretary of state smart arse

CID1990
July 14th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Biff and Citdog.... you need to put your chins in, an authority on the subject is getting ready to set the record straight.

Back in the Old Corps, before hairy fatbodies like Sinead O'Faulkner were twinkles in their hen-pecked father's eyes (It's a wonder men like that even know which hole to insert it in), we used to have a saying around the hallowed halls of Padgett Thomas Barracks. It went something like, "The Citadel IS the College of Charleston." We even had it on t-shirts. I still have mine somewhere in a box. It was always fun to wear that thing to the old AC's Bar and Grill. (Not the new one frequented by stinky hippies and Wofford frat boys having their first slumming experience away from Daddy, but the one on the 300 block of King Street that burned back in the 90s) It almost always made the cofc boys angry, but then they weren't much to put up a fight considering that the latent stages of syphillis tend to weaken the cardiovascular system. In fact, usually the most they could muster were age old insults like the old favorite, "West Point Rejects" which were later picked up by some AGSers who are somewhat less creative than syphillitic cofc fraternity brothers, namely; GSU fans. My t-shirt was black (the better for scaling the fence behind faculty housing off of Grove Street in the middle of the night) with bold white lettering. This particular model of the "The Citadel IS The College of Charleston" t-shirt was as coveted as the Old Corps "Party Tie," the one with the light blue and pinkish diagonal stripes. In my day, this tie had not been sold in the Cadet Store in years and bestowed an exalted status on the wearer, much like my t-shirt. In recent years, the Cadet Store began selling this particular tie again, thus devaluing what was once a wonderful tie that seemed to say "I am wearing this tie because I am on my way over to Big Johns where I am going to get so drunk that I will vomit profusely in public but will still manage to get laid and then later will whip ten cofc boys with one or two baptist college boys sprinkled in the mix while I am on my way back to campus."

The moral of this epistle is three-fold.

First, the saying "The Citadel IS the College of Charleston" is not an insult, it is a compliment.

Second, don't let your daughters date cofc boys, they carry communicable diseases.

Third, if you happen to have an original party tie, please inspect the backside label. If there is a chunk of corn that smells of Pabst Blue Ribbon and stomach acid embedded in it, then give the tie back to me because it is mine.

OL FU
July 15th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Biff and Citdog.... you need to put your chins in, an authority on the subject is getting ready to set the record straight.

Back in the Old Corps, before hairy fatbodies like Sinead O'Faulkner were twinkles in their hen-pecked father's eyes (It's a wonder men like that even know which hole to insert it in), we used to have a saying around the hallowed halls of Padgett Thomas Barracks. It went something like, "The Citadel IS the College of Charleston." We even had it on t-shirts. I still have mine somewhere in a box. It was always fun to wear that thing to the old AC's Bar and Grill. (Not the new one frequented by stinky hippies and Wofford frat boys having their first slumming experience away from Daddy, but the one on the 300 block of King Street that burned back in the 90s) It almost always made the cofc boys angry, but then they weren't much to put up a fight considering that the latent stages of syphillis tend to weaken the cardiovascular system. In fact, usually the most they could muster were age old insults like the old favorite, "West Point Rejects" which were later picked up by some AGSers who are somewhat less creative than syphillitic cofc fraternity brothers, namely; GSU fans. My t-shirt was black (the better for scaling the fence behind faculty housing off of Grove Street in the middle of the night) with bold white lettering. This particular model of the "The Citadel IS The College of Charleston" t-shirt was as coveted as the Old Corps "Party Tie," the one with the light blue and pinkish diagonal stripes. In my day, this tie had not been sold in the Cadet Store in years and bestowed an exalted status on the wearer, much like my t-shirt. In recent years, the Cadet Store began selling this particular tie again, thus devaluing what was once a wonderful tie that seemed to say "I am wearing this tie because I am on my way over to Big Johns where I am going to get so drunk that I will vomit profusely in public but will still manage to get laid and then later will whip ten cofc boys with one or two baptist college boys sprinkled in the mix while I am on my way back to campus."

The moral of this epistle is three-fold.

First, the saying "The Citadel IS the College of Charleston" is not an insult, it is a compliment.

Second, don't let your daughters date cofc boys, they carry communicable diseases.

Third, if you happen to have an original party tie, please inspect the backside label. If there is a chunk of corn that smells of Pabst Blue Ribbon and stomach acid embedded in it, then give the tie back to me because it is mine.

Good Storyxthumbsupx

OL FU
July 15th, 2008, 07:51 AM

Well it is the Holy City. I mean I love Greenville and it is unique in its own way but let's face it, There is only one Charleston. Not another city like it in the US. I would never take being the "College of Charleston" as a slam.xnonox

Unless of course I actually attended the College of Charlestonxrolleyesx xlolx

Tealblood
July 15th, 2008, 10:45 AM
which was the intent of my slam

Appaholic
July 15th, 2008, 11:17 AM
CofC wants a football team......so does citadel.....xwhistlex

CID1990
July 15th, 2008, 12:22 PM
CofC wants a football team......so does citadel.....xwhistlex

The year was 1913.

The Citadel 72
cofc 0

That's why cofc doesn't have football anymore.

Appaholic
July 15th, 2008, 01:31 PM
The year was 1913.

The Citadel 72
cofc 0

That's why cofc doesn't have football anymore.

Well, if you're going to throw facts around.........was football even invented in 1913? I didn't think it was invented until 2005.....

TheBisonator
July 15th, 2008, 02:55 PM
i took an active role in while an Officer in the Army of "the late united states".

It's been that way in Citdog's eyes ever since them thar brown people started votin' and whatnot...

citdog
July 15th, 2008, 03:27 PM
It's been that way in Citdog's eyes ever since the yankee scum subjugated his people and forced them to remain in a "voluntary union" at the point of a bayonet

those ND schools sure know how to teach!

Appaholic
July 15th, 2008, 03:29 PM
those ND schools sure know how to teach!

yep....and apparantly, those ND folks know how to fight and kick SC a$$....

TheBisonator
July 15th, 2008, 03:36 PM
yep....and apparantly, those ND folks know how to fight and kick SC a$$....

OH SNAP!!!!

http://img321.imageshack.us/img321/635/pooh20owned2qm.jpg

(Just for the record, ND wasn't a state in the 1860's, but the Dakota Territory had regiments fighting for the ol' Boys in Blue and kicking redneck slave-owning ass...)

citdog
July 15th, 2008, 04:20 PM
OH SNAP!!!!

http://img321.imageshack.us/img321/635/pooh20owned2qm.jpg

(Just for the record, ND wasn't a state in the 1860's, but the Dakota Territory had regiments fighting for the ol' Boys in Blue and had a hand in coercing Sovereign States and waging illegal intercine warfare. it took the yankee scum qlmost 5 years to defeat the superior Southern fighting man.

accuracy is essential to libertyxnodx xnodx

Go...gate
July 15th, 2008, 05:29 PM

...besides, the women are better looking in Charleston!! :D

Appaholic
July 16th, 2008, 08:51 AM
...besides, the women are better looking at Citadel!! :D

xeyebrowx

TheBisonator
July 16th, 2008, 03:19 PM
I sleep with a stuffed Barney doll every night.

Now why did you have to go around telling us that???

citdog
July 17th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Now why did you have to go around telling us that???

wrong thread douchey....and appaholic....

**** YOU