PDA

View Full Version : Any other FCS players considering leaving early?

smallcollegefbfan
July 1st, 2008, 03:48 PM
Since Hudgins has been brought up I figured I would see if any AGSers have heard of any other FCS juniors who might test the waters and see what their NFL grade is this year. Last year Ramses Barden and Jackie Bates both did. Bates got a 6th-7th round grade while Barden got a 5th round grade. Notice both came back. I am all for players moving on if ready but anything below the 3rd round from the advisory board is too much of a risk to leave early.

Smendy
July 4th, 2008, 01:51 PM
SCFF, I would not be surprised at all if LaMarcus Coker decided to test the waters, if he has a big junior season at Hampton. I'm not suggesting he's ready or that it would be a wise move, particularly considering his off-field problems. However, he fits the profile of the type of athlete that may try to jump early.

smallcollegefbfan
July 4th, 2008, 02:11 PM
SCFF, I would not be surprised at all if LaMarcus Coker decided to test the waters, if he has a big junior season at Hampton. I'm not suggesting he's ready or that it would be a wise move, particularly considering his off-field problems. However, he fits the profile of the type of athlete that may try to jump early.

I could see that. I'm not trying to promote a player leaving early with this thread. What I heard about Hudgins just made me wonder if anyone else knew of a player who might ask the advisory board their draft grade.