PDA

View Full Version : FCS QBs - Looking Ahead to NFL Draft '09

TexasTerror
June 26th, 2008, 10:41 AM
NFL Draft Scout lists two SLC QBs amongst the top 10. Rounding out the top four FCS QBs is Chris Pizzoti of Harvard at No. 16 with CDS Preseason First-Team All-American Bobby Reid ranked No. 27.

4 Nathan Brown, Central Arkansas
8 Rhett Bomar, Sam Houston State
16 Chris Pizzoti, Harvard
27 Bobby Reid, Texas Southern
32 Dominic Randolph, Holy Cross
36 Jake Phillips, William & Mary
38 Brock Smith, Liberty
39 Liam Coen, UMass
40 Cole Bergguist, Montana

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=QB&draftyear=2009&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC

JoshUCA
June 26th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Nathan Brown is AMAZING!! It sucks that he will only be around for 12 more games as a Bear!

DetroitFlyer
June 26th, 2008, 11:43 AM
They have not figured out that Ryan Alexander from Davidson will be back for a very rare 5th year. If Ryan has a good year, look for him to get some pro looks. He has the size and arm strength that NFL teams desire.

813Jag
June 26th, 2008, 12:05 PM
NFL Draft Scout lists two SLC QBs amongst the top 10. Rounding out the top four FCS QBs is Chris Pizzoti of Harvard at No. 16 with CDS Preseason First-Team All-American Bobby Reid ranked No. 27.

38 Brock Smith, Liberty
39 Liam Coen, UMass

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=QB&draftyear=2009&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC
Gotta get that shot in at TSU every chance you get? xconfusedx xcoolx

TexasTerror
June 26th, 2008, 12:08 PM

How was that a shot? None of the other top four QBs had any All-American honors. :D

813Jag
June 26th, 2008, 12:14 PM
How was that a shot? None of the other top four QBs had any All-American honors. :D
Because your opinion (as well as others) has been voiced on that team. But it's all good, I would love to be able to pick your brain. xlolx

smallcollegefbfan
June 26th, 2008, 02:46 PM

38 Brock Smith, Liberty
39 Liam Coen, UMass

Shouldn't this be in the FCS and the Pros section? I got a warning and even banned from this forum for more than a month for posting NFL Draft videos in this forum. Just want to make sure I know what can and can't be posted here.

I noticed their ratings changed drastically in just 2 weeks. Now you can put stock into their ratings because they incorporate information from NFL sources.

It can still be argued they have Phillips too high and he should be behind Smith and Coen. Not sure how Coen is just one spot better than Bergquist? I never saw Bergquist as a better prospect than Coen at this point.

Hood
July 5th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Nathan Brown is AMAZING!! It sucks that he will only be around for 12 more games as a Bear!

You do not speak for the entire conference sir :)

Still speaks volumes for a defense that can conquer both Bomar and Brown.

Tribe4SF
July 5th, 2008, 10:15 AM
It can still be argued they have Phillips too high and he should be behind Smith and Coen. Not sure how Coen is just one spot better than Bergquist? I never saw Bergquist as a better prospect than Coen at this point.

Not sure what that argument would be as far as Smith is concerned. I've watched Smith and Phillips against each other three times, and Phillips is clearly the better prospect. This was particularly evident last year when both had matured, and were in charge of their respective offenses. As far as Coen is concerned, an argument could be made.

Purple Pride
July 5th, 2008, 10:27 PM

Still speaks volumes for a defense that can conquer both Bomar and Brown.Who's defense, UCA's?

They whipped yall and bomar.

McNeese75
July 5th, 2008, 10:29 PM

Still speaks volumes for a defense that can conquer both Bomar and Brown.

It happened in 2007! Both of those games were in "The Hole" so who knows for 2008 :)

Hood
July 6th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Who's defense, UCA's?

They whipped yall and bomar.

Won the game? Yes, you guys did beat the Colonels. I wouldn't call a 1 touchdown victory in an offensive slugfest a defensive whipping however.

The point I was making is *any* defense that can go 2-0 against Brown and Bomar is doing good, as McNeese75 pointed out, they did.

I wasn't commenting on UCA's defense at all.

JoshUCA said it sucked that Brown only had 12 games left. It only sucks for you guys. The rest of SLC fans will be glad when Brown gets his diploma (or drafted).

The young man has talent, no denying. I was in so many words complimenting your offensive leader. xthumbsupx

God Bless

Go Colonels!

BEAR
July 6th, 2008, 12:40 AM
It happened in 2007! Both of those games were in "The Hole" so who knows for 2008 :)

I think the conference overall will be phenomenal this year. But if McNeese plays its traditional winning football, much like UCA has done since the late 70s, they should come out on top again. I can't wait to see what kind of defense Conque has added to the team and if the team has improved on offense against top notch teams like McNeese and others. xthumbsupx I've got Nathan going 9-3 (losses to Tulsa, UC Davis and McNeese) but honestly Nicholls and a few other SLC teams will be much better than last year so 9-3 is optimistic to me..but i'm a Bear fan...and optimism is just a part of our tradition. xthumbsupx

Hoyadestroya85
July 6th, 2008, 03:49 AM
I'll take a healthy Coen over Phillips any day..

McNeese75
July 6th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I think the conference overall will be phenomenal this year. But if McNeese plays its traditional winning football, much like UCA has done since the late 70s, they should come out on top again. I can't wait to see what kind of defense Conque has added to the team and if the team has improved on offense against top notch teams like McNeese and others. xthumbsupx I've got Nathan going 9-3 (losses to Tulsa, UC Davis and McNeese) but honestly Nicholls and a few other SLC teams will be much better than last year so 9-3 is optimistic to me..but i'm a Bear fan...and optimism is just a part of our tradition. xthumbsupx

xnonox Don't start leaking sand out of your pockets already :D Cowboy fans know we will be in for hell of a battle in Conway. I just hope that game is for the conference championship. Both teams have a long way to go before then and there are a few conference opponents that will be chompin at the bit to make sure that does not happen.

3rd Coast Tiger
July 7th, 2008, 10:02 AM

What makes you think that 813Jag? xconfusedx xrolleyesx

813Jag
July 7th, 2008, 11:05 AM
What makes you think that 813Jag? xconfusedx xrolleyesx
Just a lucky guess.