PDA

View Full Version : USA Basketball

Peems
June 23rd, 2008, 06:30 PM
Thoughts on the roster and the ability of Team USA to return to Glory?

The starting five will be Kidd, Kobe, Lebron, Melo, Howard.

the rest will be Boozer, Wade, Paul, D Williams, Bosh, Redd, Prince

Grizzaholic
June 23rd, 2008, 06:58 PM
Sounds like a pretty good line-up. USA basketball should do well this year.

Grizalltheway
June 23rd, 2008, 07:12 PM
If all those egos can play nice and as a team, they'll have a great shot at gold. If not, they'll get their azzes beat by Argentina.

ASUMountaineer
June 23rd, 2008, 07:29 PM
I think they will bring home the gold. I am surprised Kidd got the starting nod. Glad to see they got some defense on the court along with some shooters.

Cleets
June 23rd, 2008, 07:31 PM
It always cracks me up... "TEAM USA" xlolx

That implies they will play like a team..?

TexasTerror
June 23rd, 2008, 07:44 PM
I think they will bring home the gold. I am surprised Kidd got the starting nod. Glad to see they got some defense on the court along with some shooters.

Kidd is exactly what they need -- he's actually undefeated when wearing the red, white and blue... xnodx

ASUMountaineer
June 23rd, 2008, 07:46 PM
Kidd is exactly what they need -- he's actually undefeated when wearing the red, white and blue... xnodx

I didn't say he shouldn't be on the team, just surprised he's starting. He didn't exactly play like an Olympian this year. Chris Paul on the other hand, should have been the NBA MVP.

Peems
June 23rd, 2008, 09:51 PM
I didn't say he shouldn't be on the team, just surprised he's starting. He didn't exactly play like an Olympian this year. Chris Paul on the other hand, should have been the NBA MVP.

True enough, but Paul did not play with the team last summer due to his injury and on this team they don't need Paul's point productionl. Kidd can be electric and was still pretty good last year with the Nets who had athletic guys like VC and Jefferson. But when he went to the Mavs and had to adjust to their style with guys he didn't know, he struggled. With guys like Melo, Lebron, Kobe, D-Wade etc. it won't be a problem.

ASUMountaineer
June 23rd, 2008, 09:58 PM
True enough, but Paul did not play with the team last summer due to his injury and on this team they don't need Paul's point productionl. Kidd can be electric and was still pretty good last year with the Nets who had athletic guys like VC and Jefferson. But when he went to the Mavs and had to adjust to their style with guys he didn't know, he struggled. With guys like Melo, Lebron, Kobe, D-Wade etc. it won't be a problem.

I still think USA will win the gold. I also don't think the "starters" will be playing most of the game. I was surprised though that he got the starting nod.

Peems
June 23rd, 2008, 10:10 PM
I still think USA will win the gold. I also don't think the "starters" will be playing most of the game. I was surprised though that he got the starting nod.

Depends who they're playing against. In the FIBA games it was really a formality as you stated, but come the Olympics, Kobe and co. will be there come crunch time.

Eyes of Old Main
June 24th, 2008, 01:06 AM
I'm glad they picked Carmelo Anthony so our team will have that special thug quality we sometimes lack.

Cobblestone
June 24th, 2008, 07:54 AM
I liked it better when the Olympics were strictly for amateurs; although the former Soviet Union always found a way around that. Don't get me wrong I like seeing an NBA Dream Team as much as anybody but it takes away the opportunity for good college players to play for the USA.

As for the lineup, I think a team with Kobe, Chris Paul and Lebron SHOULD easily win the gold. I just wish there were a few Cetlics on the team.

gmoney55
June 24th, 2008, 08:29 AM
I'm glad they picked Carmelo Anthony so our team will have that special thug quality we sometimes lack.

Haha when have we ever lacked that in hoops?