PDA

View Full Version : Off to Phillies-Sox Game

ngineer
June 18th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Big 'Businessman's Special' today at CBP..I'll be there with some of my clients..not a bad day away from the office..Hope I'll have something good to report tonight..xthumbsupx

SunCoastBlueHen
June 18th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Have fun, ngineer! I hope the Phils can pull the series out this afternoon.

BTW, I love afternoon games, though my work production does tend to go down. :)

bluehenbillk
June 18th, 2008, 07:43 AM
It's an awesome day out today, I'm jealous, I wish I was there.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
June 18th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Red Sox go out to a 7-1 lead and hang on for a 7-4 win. Hope you still had a great day ngineer! It wasn't a bad game other than the result you wanted.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
June 18th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Phillies are not playing good baseball right now and Chase Utley is in the worst slump of his career. This does not bode well come playoff time if they make it that far since their struggles have been against the better teams in baseball. They have a huge series against the Angels this weekend. Lose 2/3 against them and i'd consider the Phillies a pretender, not a contender. I'm as big a Phillies fan as anyone.

ngineer
June 18th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Well, as some of you already noted, not a good day for the pinstripers. Kendrick got lit up like a Roman Candle in the first inning. Took the huge crowd out of the game, despite getting one back right away. Utley actually had some good contact but just unlucky in hitting right at people. Victorino was flailing. Game decided in the seventh when the Phils had already scored 2 and still had men at second and third with no out and failed to get anymore. I'm going again Saturday with my daughter for our annual Father/Daughter excursion to Philly (This year USS New Jersey, Rodin Museum, CBP and dinner)..Hope the current funk gets jolted quickly. They're 3-6 over last 9 games...those single run losses on the last road trip looking big. But, overall, they're still in first in mid-June, so tis not a 'glass half empty' situation.

gmoney55
June 19th, 2008, 11:07 AM
I'd be just a small, tiny bit worried if I'm a Phils fan. You have the Mets and Braves floundering and injured pretty much all season, and haven't been able to build a huge lead (both teams within five in the loss). I'd still rather have the Phils position anyday, but they have left the door open a crack if either of those teams ever get healthy/hot (I still don't buy the Marlins in the long run).