PDA

View Full Version : Names To Know: Joey Logano

UNHWildCats
June 14th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Less then a month after his 18th birthday he became the youngest winner in NASCARs Nationwide Series history tonight in just his third race. He bests the old record by nine months.

Logano drives for Joe Gibbs and is the odds on favorite to land in the #20 Home Depot next season if Tony Stewart leaves, unless he takes the sponsorship with him.

With NASCAR considering a minimum age for its Nextel Cup Series, it could be likely we would see Logano in a Nextel Cup Race this summer in hopes that he can be grandfathered in to an age change thats expected to be 21. Gibbs wont want this young kid stuck in the Nationwide Series until 2011.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
June 14th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Less then a month after his 18th birthday he became the youngest winner in NASCARs Nationwide Series history tonight in just his third race. He bests the old record by nine months.

Logano drives for Joe Gibbs and is the odds on favorite to land in the #20 Home Depot next season if Tony Stewart leaves, unless he takes the sponsorship with him.

With NASCAR considering a minimum age for its Nextel Cup Series, it could be likely we would see Logano in a Nextel Cup Race this summer in hopes that he can be grandfathered in to an age change thats expected to be 21. Gibbs wont want this young kid stuck in the Nationwide Series until 2011.

The sad part is you don't know anymore who's a good, average and poor driver anymore because of the cars. The Gibbs cars were soo much better than everyone else tonight it was rediculous. I do agree that he is likely to take over for Stewart next year.

ASUMountaineer
June 16th, 2008, 08:15 AM
He has the potential to be good, and Gibbs is a smart owner. If Tony leaves, which I think he will, Logano will replace him. Gibbs will have three of the best young drivers in the Cup Series (Hamlin, Busch--points leader). Gibbs is setting himself up well. As for Tony, I've always been a Tony fan. If he leaves (especially for Haas) he will most likely not win another championship. With that said, I think his desire to own/ run a team and be back in Chevy will prompt his departure.

Eyes of Old Main
June 18th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Logano will be quite a driver if his performances to date are any indication.

If Stewart leaves JGR, then Logano would be the odds-on favorite to land the #20 ride.

However, it is my understanding that Home Depot is tied to Tony Stewart and would leave with him if he goes anywhere. That being said, I've also heard rumors of other potential sponsors for Smoke if he moves.

As far as Stewart moving on, I doubt he'd buy into something unless it had a strong possibility of being competitive. Haas doesn't fit that bill, but with better sponsors, more exposure, and the higher level of drivers and crew that would want to be involved, he could build it into a power. Personally, I'd like to see him work out a deal to become a minority owner at JGR like Gordon has at Hendrick with Jimmie Johnson's car.

UNHWildCats
June 18th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Logano will be quite a driver if his performances to date are any indication.

If Stewart leaves JGR, then Logano would be the odds-on favorite to land the #20 ride.

However, it is my understanding that Home Depot is tied to Tony Stewart and would leave with him if he goes anywhere. That being said, I've also heard rumors of other potential sponsors for Smoke if he moves.

As far as Stewart moving on, I doubt he'd buy into something unless it had a strong possibility of being competitive. Haas doesn't fit that bill, but with better sponsors, more exposure, and the higher level of drivers and crew that would want to be involved, he could build it into a power. Personally, I'd like to see him work out a deal to become a minority owner at JGR like Gordon has at Hendrick with Jimmie Johnson's car.

I agree that he will only take ownership somewhere we he can be competitive which is why I think a very good possibility will be some deal with Hendrick or Childress where they supply cars to him much like Hendrick is doing with Jr's JR Motorsports.

I dont see anything being worked out with JGR, I think hes done with them, its just a matter of wether they let him leave after this year or force him to finish his contract next year.

Cobblestone
June 19th, 2008, 07:34 AM
I saw Logano race a summer or two ago at a local short track in what was at the time the Busch East Series, now known as the Camping World Series. The kid has talent and is going places.

Eyes of Old Main
June 19th, 2008, 08:51 AM
I think a very good possibility will be some deal with Hendrick or Childress where they supply cars to him much like Hendrick is doing with Jr's JR Motorsports.

If he makes that type of arrangement with Hendrick, will the cars they build for him have the same Knaus/Latarte cheats built into it as the regular Hendrick cars? Or, are those reserved only for Gordon and "Gordon, Jr."?

UNHWildCats
June 19th, 2008, 09:55 AM
If he makes that type of arrangement with Hendrick, will the cars they build for him have the same Knaus/Latarte cheats built into it as the regular Hendrick cars? Or, are those reserved only for Gordon and "Gordon, Jr."?
Knaus and Latarte dont cheat, they like everyone else bend the rules as far as they can.

UNHWildCats
June 23rd, 2008, 05:09 PM
Logano finished second this weekend to ringer Carl Edwards. He now has three top 10s in four career starts and sits in 44th in points with four starts, the full time drivers on the circuit have started 17 times.

In his four starts he is averaging 147.5 points while series leader Clint Boyer is averaging 147.4 points per start.

BlueHen86
June 23rd, 2008, 08:22 PM
I saw Logano race a summer or two ago at a local short track in what was at the time the Busch East Series, now known as the Camping World Series. The kid has talent and is going places.

Circles?:D

ASUMountaineer
June 23rd, 2008, 08:40 PM
Circles?:D

If I could make that kind of money, I'd drive in circles. xthumbsupx xlolx