PDA

View Full Version : Ferguson: Ronaldo Would Be Banished To Stands Rather Than Being Sold

UNHWildCats
June 2nd, 2008, 08:02 AM
MANCHESTER, England (AP)—Cristiano Ronaldo plans to end the uncertainty over his Manchester United future by Wednesday.

Braced for a potential transfer request, manager Alex Ferguson warned that United’s American owners would banish marquee players like Ronaldo to the stands rather than sell the club’s top assets.

The Scot has been infuriated by Real Madrid’s attempts to attract the Portugal winger, and United has threatened to report the Spanish champion to FIFA.

“I expect there will be news soon,” Ronaldo was quoted in the Portuguese media after Saturday’s 2-0 victory over Georgia. “In two or three days I’m going to announce a decision.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_ylt=Ata7ia1d12kl6_w_hAuO1D8mw7YF?slug=ap-manunited-ronaldo&prov=ap&type=lgns

Grizalltheway
June 2nd, 2008, 12:13 PM
I'm sure the Glazers would love to turn a nice profit on little Ronnie...but know the fans would be after them with torches and pitchforks if they did. xnodx xnodx