PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Surprise!!

ISUMatt
May 29th, 2008, 09:07 PM
The Surprise 1st place Tampa Bay Rays host the Surprise 1st place White Sox in a 4 game series at the Trop this weekend...

Game 1

John Danks (CWS) throws 7 innings yielding 1 run and 8 Ks and with HRs from Joe Crede and Paul Konerko, the White Sox win Game 1 5-1

WP: Danks (4-4)
LP: Jackson (3-4)

HR: Crede, Konerko

JoltinJoe
May 29th, 2008, 09:22 PM
The Surprise 1st place Tampa Bay Rays host the Surprise 1st place White Sox in a 4 game series at the Trop this weekend...

Game 1

John Danks (CWS) throws 7 innings yielding 1 run and 8 Ks and with HRs from Joe Crede and Paul Konerko, the White Sox win Game 1 5-1

WP: Danks (4-4)
LP: Jackson (3-4)

HR: Crede, Konerko

For the first time ever, I'm rooting against the Devil Rays.:o

Grizalltheway
May 29th, 2008, 09:58 PM
:o

Yep, it is pretty embarrassing that a team with a 209 million dollar payroll is 5.5 games behind one with a 43 million dollar payroll. xwhistlex

813Jag
May 30th, 2008, 06:30 AM
For the first time ever, I'm rooting against the Rays.:o
Fixed it. xthumbsupx No Devil in the name anymore. I'm gonna try to catch a game at the Trop this weekend. I hope some of those closet Yankees fans come out as well. xlolx

bonarae
May 30th, 2008, 06:47 AM
I'm for the Sox though I'm rooting for the other Chicago team... the Rays are my favorite AL team at the moment though.

Reed Rothchild
May 30th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Go Sox!

Tampa won't be the same without Percival

TheValleyRaider
May 30th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Yep, it is pretty embarrassing that a team with a 209 million dollar payroll is 5.5 games behind one with a 43 million dollar payroll. xwhistlex

Could be worse, we could have thrown out money and prospects like the Mariners and already be dead for the season

SunCoastBlueHen
May 30th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Go Sox!

Tampa won't be the same without Percival

Agreed.

ISUMatt
May 30th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Game 2:

The surprising White Sox will look to hand Tampa Bay its first back-to-back home losses in six weeks on Friday, when the teams continue the first series between outright first-place clubs in the history of the ballpark.

Grizalltheway
May 30th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Could be worse, we could have thrown out money and prospects like the Mariners and already be dead for the season

I'm not the one claiming that they'll win the World Series in '09. xrulesx

ISUMatt
May 30th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Game 2:

Pitchers duel and Jose Contreras and James Shields shut down the opposing offenses allowing 1 run each...but tonight it was Tampa prevailing on a Cliff Floyd walk off HR in the 9th off Sox reliever Scott Linebrink

Rays 2
Sox 1

WP: Wheeler
LP: Linebrink

HR: Ramirez (2), Floyd (4)

Series tied at 1

TheValleyRaider
May 30th, 2008, 11:28 PM
I'm not the one claiming that they'll win the World Series in '09. xrulesx

Actually, I picked the Indians to win it all, so there :p

Cleets
May 30th, 2008, 11:32 PM
For the first time ever, I'm rooting against the Devil Rays.:o

I don't care if you're a Yankees fan or a Red Sox fan.. but rooting against the "Rays" is strange..!!!
They deserve the success they are having and that is something any "Baseball" fan should be thrilled about

(I'm a Red Sox fan) but am completely enjoying the Rays success... they are fun

Grizalltheway
May 31st, 2008, 02:41 AM
Actually, I picked the Indians to win it all, so there :p

You know who I was talking about. xnodx :D