PDA

View Full Version : Astros Win In Dramatic Fashion

blackfordpu
May 24th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Erstad threw a frozen rope from left field and got the final out at the plate. Great game/win for the Stros. xnodx

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200805242765240

TexasTerror
May 25th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Too many dramatic finishes for the Astros this year. Makes me sick watching the Astros and _____ (fill-in-the blank) battling it out til the last out each and every night. They have moved back up near the top of the NL Central and that's not a bad thing. If you would've asked me where we would be at this point, this is not it.

TexasTerror
May 25th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Here's the play...

blackfordpu
May 25th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Here's the play...

Terror, I posted it in my original post. xrotatehx

Also, what is wrong with winning close, exciting games as long as you win. Makes for a heck of a time at the ballpark. xnodx

TexasTerror
May 25th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Terror, I posted it in my original post. xrotatehx

Didn't even see that! I must be reading way too many things. xcoffeex

Also, what is wrong with winning close, exciting games as long as you win. Makes for a heck of a time at the ballpark. xnodx

Yep, as long as you win...but some of us do not need high blood pressures every night.

ngineer
May 25th, 2008, 08:29 PM
That game was the 21st one-run game the Phils have been involved in already this year (10-11)...

GannonFan
May 25th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Feliz can't be any slower of a runner. Granted, Erstad still had to make the throw. We saw Barry Bonds in the NLCS not able to make a shorter throw against an even slower runner in Sid Bream so you gotta give credit for the throw.

Phils do a good job of breaking out the offense and scoring 11 runs in two innings today to split the 4 game series.

blackfordpu
May 25th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Feliz can't be any slower of a runner. Granted, Erstad still had to make the throw. We saw Barry Bonds in the NLCS not able to make a shorter throw against an even slower runner in Sid Bream so you gotta give credit for the throw.

Phils do a good job of breaking out the offense and scoring 11 runs in two innings today to split the 4 game series.

A one-hopper from left field to home plate that is right on the money is never a small feat, no matter who the runner is.

GannonFan
May 25th, 2008, 10:10 PM
A one-hopper from left field to home plate that is right on the money is never a small feat, no matter who is the runner.

An average runner or better would've been safe regardless of the throw - sure the throw would still have been impressive, but there wouldn't be a youtube video to post unless the play resulted in an out. Like I said, great throw, though.

ngineer
May 26th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Catcher did a heckofa job getting the ball (toward first base side of the plate) and coming back. Had Feliz done a 'fade away' slide and only extending his left leg toward the plate, it would have made the reach of the catcher much more difficult and he might have been high and gone over his leg/foot. Feliz went in almost sitting up. Still the throw was strong enough to get the in time for the catcher to make it happen.