PDA

View Full Version : Lulay Signed by Saints

GOKATS
May 14th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Former Montana St. QB Travis Lulay signed with the New Orleans Saints. Lulay was formerly with the Seahawks and played one year of NFL Europa ball until sidelined late in the season with a shoulder injury which he since had surgery on.

http://neworleanssaints.com/Team/Transactions.aspx

saccat
May 14th, 2008, 04:45 PM
He should have a good chance of at least making the Practice squad. Brunnel needs a rascal just to get out on the field.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 14th, 2008, 05:26 PM
That's some good news for the dirty redhead. I hope he gets a good shot with the Saints. Good news for the Cat fans to have another alum to root for in the NFL as well.

Canyoncat
May 15th, 2008, 10:13 AM
That's some good news for the dirty redhead. I hope he gets a good shot with the Saints. Good news for the Cat fans to have another alum to root for in the NFL as well.

That makes four from MSU:

Travis Lulay, Saints (QB)
Ken Amato, Titans (LS/LB)
Mike Jefferson, Cowboys (WR)
Joey Thomas, Dolphins (CB)

GOKATS
May 15th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Article in todays Bozeman Chronicle- says Lulay signed a three year contract.

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/articles/2008/05/15/sports/lulay.txt

ursus arctos horribilis
May 15th, 2008, 11:53 AM
That makes four from MSU:

Travis Lulay, Saints (QB)
Ken Amato, Titans (LS/LB)
Mike Jefferson, Cowboys (WR)
Joey Thomas, Dolphins (CB)

The Cats always do pretty well at the skill positions, and having a CB and a LB in there isn't surprising either.

CrazyCat
May 15th, 2008, 12:33 PM
The Cats always do pretty well at the skill positions, and having a CB and a LB in there isn't surprising either.

Guys like Amato seem to get overlooked. He was a good LB but being a great long snapper got him to the NFL.

Grizzaholic
May 15th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Glad to hear he got picked back up.

Grizo406
May 15th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Good for Lulay!

I hope he does well, and makes all MSU/Montana fans proud!!

Retro
May 15th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Good Pickup for the saints.. Lulay has a great shot to be the 3rd qb. He'll battle Palko for that and should get a lot of playing time during pre-season as Brunell is there for Insurance for Brees and neither will likely play a lot during the pre-season..

windwalker
June 3rd, 2008, 04:18 PM
Lulay always impressed me... I think he just needs a chance to show his stuff..

From what I have heard, he is a better game QB than a practice QB...

Put him on the field

GOKATS
June 3rd, 2008, 06:07 PM
Lulay always impressed me... I think he just needs a chance to show his stuff..

From what I have heard, he is a better game QB than a practice QB...

Put him on the field

Lulay at MSU was definitely a game QB-in no way am I going to compare him to Favre (who I consider one the best NFL QB's ever), but Lulay did what he had to to get the job done, not always pretty, but effective. He's no doubt a team leader! I hope he gets a decent shot with the Saints.