PDA

View Full Version : Josh Johnson update

813Jag
May 5th, 2008, 06:50 AM
The Bucs just finished their rookie mini-camp. Here's a quote from Gruden about Johnson: “He has athletic ability,” Gruden said. “He’s what’s advertised. He’s going to be a good contact player, I think, when we start putting pads on. He’s instinctive, he has good functional speed and he appears natural. He appears comfortable in this defense, and we’re excited about that.”

They are looking to get him reps in camp.

Also Dexter Jackson appeared to be limited by minor injuries.

andy7171
May 5th, 2008, 07:03 AM
A great day for the PFL!!!

Touchdown Yosef
May 5th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Here is an ESPN article about the Buc's QB situation.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=yasinskas_pat&id=3379714&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab5pos2

footballman65
May 5th, 2008, 11:25 AM
The Bucs just finished their rookie mini-camp. Here's a quote from Gruden about Johnson: “He has athletic ability,” Gruden said. “He’s what’s advertised. He’s going to be a good contact player, I think, when we start putting pads on. He’s instinctive, he has good functional speed and he appears natural. He appears comfortable in this defense, and we’re excited about that.”

They are looking to get him reps in camp.

Also Dexter Jackson appeared to be limited by minor injuries.

Ya got the quotes mixed up...thats about the linebacker Geno Hayes..
http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=6402

Draft Class Rundown

After getting his first glimpse of the team’s seven draft picks competing against each other on the practice field, Gruden came away excited about the crew of newcomers.

Linebacker Geno Hayes, the team’s sixth-round pick out of Florida State, certainly caught Gruden’s attention with his play over the weekend.

“He has athletic ability,” Gruden said. “He’s what’s advertised. He’s going to be a good contact player, I think, when we start putting pads on. He’s instinctive, he has good functional speed and he appears natural. He appears comfortable in this defense, and we’re excited about that.”

Gruden joked that the Bucs’ “logjam” at quarterback will make practice reps hard to come by for fifth-rounder Josh Johnson. He was not kidding when he said he sees a lot of promise in the San Diego product.

“I like him,” Gruden said. “I’ll say it again and again – it’s going to be an exciting process. Reps at the quarterback position – I keep reading how we have seven or eight triggers, so he might not get any reps, but we’ll do our best to get him ready. We’re excited about him.”

andy7171
May 5th, 2008, 11:35 AM

Draft Class Rundown

After getting his first glimpse of the team’s seven draft picks competing against each other on the practice field, Gruden came away excited about the crew of newcomers.

Linebacker Geno Hayes, the team’s sixth-round pick out of Florida State, certainly caught Gruden’s attention with his play over the weekend.

“He has athletic ability,” Gruden said. “He’s what’s advertised. He’s going to be a good contact player, I think, when we start putting pads on. He’s instinctive, he has good functional speed and he appears natural. He appears comfortable in this defense, and we’re excited about that.”

Gruden joked that the Bucs’ “logjam” at quarterback will make practice reps hard to come by for fifth-rounder Josh Johnson. He was not kidding when he said he sees a lot of promise in the San Diego product.

“I like him,” Gruden said. “I’ll say it again and again – it’s going to be an exciting process. Reps at the quarterback position – I keep reading how we have seven or eight triggers, so he might not get any reps, but we’ll do our best to get him ready. We’re excited about him.”

I thought it was odd that they'd call a 6'1" 190lb QB a good contact player. xreadx

udchuck
May 5th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I thought it was odd that they'd call a 6'1" 190lb QB a good contact player. xreadx

In the article he was referring to his 6th round pick, Linebacker Geno Hayes out of Florida State.xthumbsupx

813Jag
May 5th, 2008, 12:10 PM

Draft Class Rundown

xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx I guess that was the Seminole in me. xlolx I meant to copy the next quote in the paragraph.

stevdock
May 5th, 2008, 01:27 PM
I thought it was fine with the whole pads thing, but when he said he appears confident in our defense I started to wonder.:)

USDFAN_55
May 5th, 2008, 01:43 PM

You mean 6'3" 213 lbs. No one can seem to get that correct.