PDA

View Full Version : Two Bearkats Sign With NFL Teams

blackfordpu
May 1st, 2008, 11:43 AM
Two former Sam Houston State football players have signed contracts to play in the National Football League. Offensive lineman Brandon Hale with the Dallas Cowboys and safety Scorpio Babers with the Miami Dolphins will both attempt to continue their football playing careers on the professional level.

Hale (6-3, 311 pounds) started 22 straight games for the Bearkats on the offensive line and anchored a crew that helped sophomore running back Chris Poullard to 1,038 yard and 13 touchdowns in 2007. Hale was a four-year letter winner and two-time All-Southland Conference selection including first-team recognition last season.

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_OEM_ID=19900&ATCLID=1449548

smallcollegefbfan
May 1st, 2008, 02:10 PM
This was reported on the free agent signings thread Tuesday I think. Are you just posting the article or did you not see it?

TexasTerror
May 1st, 2008, 02:11 PM
This was reported on the free agent signings thread Tuesday I think. Are you just posting the article or did you not see it?

He's just posting the article...xnodx

The SHSU athletic department has always done a good job at trying to get that information out there. Question is...will see Blake Martin land anywhere?

smallcollegefbfan
May 1st, 2008, 02:17 PM
He's just posting the article...xnodx

The SHSU athletic department has always done a good job at trying to get that information out there. Question is...will see Blake Martin land anywhere?

Hopefully he will. Had not seen anything on him around pro day time so not sure if he is even pursuing it. Anyone know?

blackfordpu
May 3rd, 2008, 08:29 AM

I saw the thread, just posting the article.

TexasTerror
May 5th, 2008, 09:14 PM
No longer a minicamp workout player. He's now a Dolphin UFA!

DOLPHINS NO MORE

Cornerback Scorpio Babers, out of Sam Houston State, and former Alabama linebacker Keith Saunders have made the move from minicamp workout players last weekend to undrafted free agent signees. The Dolphins announced their signings Monday.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking_news/story/522337.html