PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT TRACKER THREAD

smallcollegefbfan
April 26th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Good luck to the FCS players!

Retro
April 26th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Looks like the Ravens have positioned themselves to take Flacco late in the first round.. Based on early picks, should be a lot of FCS Defensive players taken later on.

Dblue
April 26th, 2008, 03:55 PM
I'm not so sure that Baltimore wants to use the 26th (25th?) on Flacco. 8th pick in the second maybe, but take an FCS QB that high, fans would murder them if Joe doesn't perform up to it. Hope I'm wrong though, it would be neat to see a Hen picked in the first round.

Edit: Never mind

Dblue
April 26th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Holly Mollie!! (sp?)

Franks Tanks
April 26th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Joes going to Baltimore at 18 it appears--very cool

Gil Dobie
April 26th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Congrats Flacco xthumbsupx

smallcollegefbfan
April 26th, 2008, 04:08 PM
2 FCS Picks

ROUND ONE
1-16-16 Arizona- CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tennessee State
1-18-18 Baltimore from Houston- QB Joe Flacco, Delaware

Retro
April 26th, 2008, 04:09 PM
2 FCS players in the firs 18 picks! Very good to see and let's see if we can get a third? Doubtful though.xthumbsupx

USDFAN_55
April 26th, 2008, 04:10 PM
2 FCS players in the firs 18 picks! Very good to see and let's see if we can get a third? Doubtful though.xthumbsupx

WOW that is awesome!!!

Dblue
April 26th, 2008, 04:16 PM
WOW that is awesome!!!

LOL

93henfan
April 26th, 2008, 04:19 PM
SAWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!

Way to go Joe!:D :D :D

SunCoastBlueHen
April 26th, 2008, 04:24 PM
WOW that is awesome!!!

Maybe Flacco wasn't quite the "media creation" you thought, huh? xcoffeex

Hoyadestroya85
April 26th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Slight bit of a reach to get Joe at 18 but I'm hoping for success out of him

APPALACHIANstate
April 26th, 2008, 04:33 PM
The quarterback class isn't too deep this year.

USDFAN_55
April 26th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Maybe Flacco wasn't quite the "media creation" you thought, huh? xcoffeex

There are no guarantees. The pressure is now on him to do well very early. An extreme reach, but good for him and good for the FCS. Now let's see how he does. I hope he does well, because his success can detemine the futures of a lot of FCS QBs in years to come.xnodx

spelunker64
Congrats Joe

appstate38
Congrats to Flacco... Hope he is successful in the NFL.

Hoyadestroya85
April 26th, 2008, 05:02 PM
There are no guarantees. The pressure is now on him to do well very early. An extreme reach, but good for him and good for the FCS. Now let's see how he does. I hope he does well, because his success can detemine the futures of a lot of FCS QBs in years to come.xnodx

Good or Bad we don't know yet.. if he has a solid career, its good but if he's a bust, its a terrible thing for the FCS
i have a feeling he won't be a bust though xthumbsupx

smallcollegefbfan
April 26th, 2008, 05:16 PM

The only other one would be Molden and I don't think it will happen. Should be 2-3 more FCS players drafted today.

Maroons
April 26th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Good or Bad we don't know yet.. if he has a solid career, its good but if he's a bust, its a terrible thing for the FCS

Even if he is a bust, the league will always have players like Kurt Warner, Tony Romo and Jerry Rice to point to as successfull players out of FCS/I-AA. I don't think the FCS community should worry in that regard. I don't think Flacco will be worried in that way! I'm sure he'll be much more concerned about keeping his job.

PaladinFan
April 26th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Big day for Joe. Got some good friends who are Ravens fans, sounds like they are quite satisfied with the pickup.

I'm no draftnik, but there hasn't been a single receiver taken yet. Maybe pushing back Simpson and Jackson into day two.

spelunker64
April 26th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Round 2 yes, not day 2

PaladinFan
April 26th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Round 2 yes, not day 2

I don't think round two. But somewhere in between perhaps.

RadMann
April 26th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Even if he is a bust, the league will always have players like Kurt Warner, Tony Romo and Jerry Rice to point to as successfull players out of FCS/I-AA. I don't think the FCS community should worry in that regard. I don't think Flacco will be worried in that way! I'm sure he'll be much more concerned about keeping his job.

Delaware QB Gannon was league MVP.

AZGrizFan
April 26th, 2008, 06:04 PM

Why? Tim Couch, Akelee Smith, Ryan Leaf, Rick Mirer, et. al., haven't stopped teams from drafting FBS QB's high in the draft, have they?

JackTwice
April 26th, 2008, 06:16 PM
True, but fair or not, if your FCS you have the cards stacked against you and the last thing you need is for GM's to have a big dissapointment from FCS fresh in their minds when its your turn.

UDChE89
April 26th, 2008, 06:25 PM
From reading the Ravens websites (specifically their draft blog), it appears that if the couldn't move up to get Ryan Joe was their choice.

smallcollegefbfan
April 26th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Congrats to Jerome Simpson!!

2nd round, 46 overall to Bengals!

slycat
April 26th, 2008, 06:42 PM

congrats!

kardplayer
April 26th, 2008, 06:44 PM

Way to go Jerome! (and Joe and Dominique too)

Retro
April 26th, 2008, 06:48 PM
That's great for Jerome. Suprised to see him picked ahead of Jackson, but still good to see him go much earlier than i thought and ahead of some high profile other FBS WR's.. Dexter should go by the end of the second or early tomorrow in 3rd.

Monarch History
April 26th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Congratulations to Joe Flacco and our Delaware brethren. It's fantastic when the CAA gets such great publicity and one of of our own gets drafted in the 1st Round. It shows players that you can still play in the FCS and get drafted.xthumbsupx

JackTwice
April 26th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Did Mort just get pi$$ed at Berman in defense of FCS players?

Purple For Life
I saw either Keith or Rienhardt on ESPN as a potential pick, that was pretty awesome!

Purple For Life

There was a little sniping going on, yes.

kardplayer
April 26th, 2008, 07:02 PM

I'm pretty sure he did. Of course, they didn't let him make his point...

smallcollegefbfan
April 26th, 2008, 07:04 PM
That's great for Jerome. Suprised to see him picked ahead of Jackson, but still good to see him go much earlier than i thought and ahead of some high profile other FBS WR's.. Dexter should go by the end of the second or early tomorrow in 3rd.

Not a big shock. I was thinking he would go half a round to a round ahead of him.

I-AA Fan
April 26th, 2008, 07:09 PM
I truly congratulate Joe, so do not take this completely the wrong way; but that was the worst pick I ever saw, that kid from Purdue was a joke too. Lucky thing for Joe is that he went to the only conference he has a chance to survive in ...AFC central. The only conference still hoping to discover another Big Ben. I cannot possibly fathom that Henne is on the bench waiting while Flacco is taken in the first round. I cannot stand Henne, so a part of me is laughing hysterically.

Purple For Life
April 26th, 2008, 07:13 PM
I'm watching the draft with an Iowa/Jets fan, a Michigan/Bengals fan, and a Ravens/idiot for not liking college ball fan, and it's been interesting so far...!

CatFan22
April 26th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I'm hoping Dallas picks Dexter Jackson here soon.
Sure enough as soon as I say that, he goes to Tampa. Congrats, Dexter.

TheValleyRaider
April 26th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Dexter Jackson to the Bucs

smallcollegefbfan
April 26th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Bucs take Dexter Jackson at 58 overall!

smallcollegefbfan
April 26th, 2008, 07:38 PM
I think Molden should come off next.

RadMann
April 26th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Video of Flacco's selection and commentary about it:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d807ffb28

UMass922
April 26th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Delaware QB Gannon was league MVP.

And let's not forget the guy Flacco is replacing, Steve McNair, who was a #3 overall pick out of a I-AA school and who just finished a great career that certainly justified his draft position (like Gannon and Warner, also a league MVP). Flacco's success (or lack thereof) is not going to determine the future of FCS QBs in the draft. It's very difficult to predict success at QB, and the list of highly-touted, highly-drafted, big-school busts at that position is long. Gannon, McNair, Warner, Romo . . . that's a pretty solid legacy of QBs coming from schools at this level. Flacco doesn't need to be the Messiah of I-AA QBs in the NFL.

Block-A
April 26th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Damn you, ESPN!

smallcollegefbfan
April 26th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Here is a list of all the FCS players drafted so far.

ROUND ONE

ROUND TWO
2-15-46 Cincinnati- WR Jerome Simpson, Coastal Carolina
2-27-58 Tampa Bay from Jacksonville- WR Dexter Jackson, Appalachian State

smallcollegefbfan
April 26th, 2008, 07:47 PM
They are showing Dexter highlights now!

Appstate29
April 26th, 2008, 07:48 PM
been talkin' about dexter here on ESPN2

thmst30
April 26th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Wow a bit higher than I expected, great to see him go in the 2nd. Good luck even though I hate Tampa.

PaladinFan
April 26th, 2008, 07:58 PM
The Draft again affirms that my choice to study law is probably where I'm best suited.

Congrats to Jerome Simpson and Dexter Jackson.

SunCoastBlueHen
April 26th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I truly congratulate Joe, so do not take this completely the wrong way; but that was the worst pick I ever saw, that kid from Purdue was a joke too. Lucky thing for Joe is that he went to the only conference he has a chance to survive in ...AFC central. The only conference still hoping to discover another Big Ben. I cannot possibly fathom that Henne is on the bench waiting while Flacco is taken in the first round. I cannot stand Henne, so a part of me is laughing hysterically.

Please do not take this completely the wrong way, but shut the ***** up.

lizrdgizrd
April 26th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Congrats to Dominique, Joe, Jerome, and Dexter! Four in the first two rounds. That's not too shabby. xhurrayx

slostang
April 26th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Congrats to all four FCS players taken today. I will be following their careers from this point on. Big day for the FCS.

smallcollegefbfan
April 26th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Those people who said Coulson was a homer saying 3rd aren't saying much now are they? :)

smallcollegefbfan
April 26th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Congrats to all four FCS players taken today. I will be following their careers from this point on. Big day for the FCS.

I think your guy Barden could follow Dexter and Jerome as potential 2nd round picks next year! :D

SunCoastBlueHen
April 26th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Those people who said Coulson was a homer saying 3rd aren't saying much now are they? :)

Well, when he refers to Dexter as a possible first round pick and says Flacco could go "as high as the second round" I think you can still find some homer in there. xpeacex

slostang
April 26th, 2008, 09:23 PM
I think your guy Barden could follow Dexter and Jerome as potential 2nd round picks next year! :D

If he stays healthy in 2008 I think he has a great shot.

HighRyder08
April 26th, 2008, 09:26 PM
i was at the grocery store when they announced dexter going to the bucs.... did they show him at his home with his family or just highlights of him?

bleedblue
April 26th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Dexter Jackson to the Bucs

Give em hell Dex.

rokamortis
April 26th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Well, when he refers to Dexter as a possible first round pick and says Flacco could go "as high as the second round" I think you can still find some homer in there. xpeacex

Also said Simpson was a 4th-5th rounder in same article.

SunCoastBlueHen
April 26th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Also said Simpson was a 4th-5th rounder in same article.

Even more on point. Thank you.

Cocky
April 26th, 2008, 10:16 PM
And the first FCS player taken is from the lowly OVC. I hope that doesn't hurt too many feelings on here.

CoastalFan2005
April 26th, 2008, 10:35 PM
That's great for Jerome. Suprised to see him picked ahead of Jackson...

I bet Dave "Dexter Jackson is a potential first rounder" Coulson said the same thing...xsmiley_wix xlolx xpeacex

But seriously, major congrats to all FCS players taken today. xnodx

smallcollegefbfan
April 26th, 2008, 10:43 PM

I thought he listed Dexter as a 2nd-3rd round pick and Flacco as a 2nd rounder? There was no way Dexter could go round 1 but that late 2nd round pick was not a major surprise IMO.

smallcollegefbfan
April 26th, 2008, 10:44 PM
And the first FCS player taken is from the lowly OVC. I hope that doesn't hurt too many feelings on here.

I thought it was great. My early pick as the top selection next year is Ramses Barden of Cal Poly. A Great West player drafted first among the FCS would surprise the general FCS fans.

slostang
April 26th, 2008, 11:29 PM
I thought it was great. My early pick as the top selection next year is Ramses Barden of Cal Poly. A Great West player drafted first among the FCS would surprise the general FCS fans.

Ramses Barden

UNHWildCats
April 26th, 2008, 11:49 PM
Thats a division buddy, not a conference. xcoolx

813Jag
April 27th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Please do not take this completely the wrong way, but shut the ***** up.
xlolx

813Jag
April 27th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Congrats to all FCS players. Although on the radio broadcast I was listening to they called them D-II. xnonono2x xmadx

Looks like I'll get my chance to shake hands and talk with Dexter Jackson at the Bucs fan fest this summer. xthumbsupx

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Ramses Barden

Barden is very good. He got a 5th round grade for this year and should go higher in 2009. One thing he has over Jackson and Simpson is that great size and better than expected speed. That long stride makes him deceivingly faster than you would suspect.

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 09:47 AM
CB Antwaun Molden of EKU goes 79 overall to Houston

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Bryan Smith of McNeese State goes 80 overall to Eagles!

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 09:50 AM
ROUND THREE

3- 3-66 Miami from Kansas City through- DE Kendall Langford, Hampton
3-16-79 Houston- CB Antwaun Molden, Eastern Kentucky
3-17-80 Philadelphia- OLB Bryan Smith, McNeese State

TexasTerror
April 27th, 2008, 09:55 AM
All these FCS picks in the third round! Congrats to Molden (we need you to be a stud in Houston!), Brytan Smith and Langford thus far on day two...

813Jag
April 27th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Guess I need to come over, there's a thread (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40704&page=16) on the other sports board as well.

Maroons
April 27th, 2008, 10:05 AM
CB Antwaun Molden of EKU goes 79 overall to Houston

Molden is EKU's highest draft pick since Jason Dunn went in the 2nd round in 1996. I think Houston will be pleasantly surprised with Molden! The rest of EKU's secondary shined this year (See Derrick Huff, All-American) because Molden always had the other team's best receiver covered.

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Guess I need to come over, there's a thread (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40704&page=16) on the other sports board as well.

I noticed people were announcing FBS guys there. I am just posting the FCS picks over here. (due to the board being FCS and the pros :D)

TexasTerror
April 27th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Molden is EKU's highest draft pick since Jason Dunn went in the 2nd round in 1996. I think Houston will be pleasantly surprised with Molden! The rest of EKU's secondary shined this year (See Derrick Huff, All-American) because Molden always had the other team's best receiver covered.

I'm hoping that be the case -- the Texans could use some "pleasantly surprised". They have had some nice drafts the last two years, finding a solid member of the secondary in the fifth round last year (Fred Bennett), who ended up being the team's rookie of the year. Hoping a later rounder does the same... :)

Any other insight into Molden? Good kid off the field?

spelunker64
April 27th, 2008, 10:13 AM
I noticed people were announcing FBS guys there. I am just posting the FCS picks over here. (due to the board being FCS and the pros :D)

Yep, I figured this was the FCS emphasis tracker and the other to be the general thread for the draft.

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 10:18 AM
I'm hoping that be the case -- the Texans could use some "pleasantly surprised". They have had some nice drafts the last two years, finding a solid member of the secondary in the fifth round last year (Fred Bennett), who ended up being the team's rookie of the year. Hoping a later rounder does the same... :)

Molden is great off the field from what I have heard.

Maroons
April 27th, 2008, 10:25 AM

I've never heard anything to suggest he was anything other than a hard worker and a good kid. You can watch a profile on him here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfsGgyDNyx8).

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 10:38 AM
3-33-96 Washington (Compensatory Selection)- OG Chad Rinehart, Northern Iowa

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 10:43 AM
FCS in the 3rd Round

ROUND THREE

3-17-80 Philadelphia- DE Bryan Smith, McNeese State

UNHWildCats
April 27th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Is trhis one of the better years in recent memory for FCS guys in the first 3 rounds?

spelunker64
April 27th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Nice pick by the Skins

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Is trhis one of the better years in recent memory for FCS guys in the first 3 rounds?

Without a doubt.

Ud1Hens
April 27th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Hey McNeese St fans:

I am a huge Eagles fan...what type of guy am I getting in Bryan Smith? I hear he is lightning quick off the line.

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 10:51 AM
5 FCS players were taken in 2000, 2005, and 2006 and we had 8 in 2008. Great year for the FCS so far!

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Hey McNeese St fans:

I am a huge Eagles fan...what type of guy am I getting in Bryan Smith? I hear he is lightning quick off the line.

Not a McNeese fan but I have seen a lot of him. Very good player. Thought Brian Johnston would have gone a little ahead of him but Smith can get to the QB. He is fast but raw and has a chance to be a good one IMO.

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 11:00 AM
4- 4-103 Tennessee from Atlanta through Washington- DE William Hayes, Winston Salem State

Congrats to Hayes!

spelunker64
April 27th, 2008, 11:05 AM
5 FCS players were taken in 2000, 2005, and 2006 and we had 8 in 2008. Great year for the FCS so far!

In the first 3 rounds or all 7? in the previous years

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 11:06 AM
In the first 3 rounds or all 7? in the previous years

I was just comparing the top 3 rounds.

raginram
April 27th, 2008, 11:11 AM
4- 4-103 Tennessee from Atlanta through Washington- DE William Hayes, Winston Salem State

Congrats to Hayes!

xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

OhioHen
April 27th, 2008, 11:23 AM

I was on a bus with a bunch of Cincinnati area teenagers and chaperones returning from a concert festival in Chicago (off-topic: the Mason High School Wind Symphony took top honors at the festival which included performing groups ranging from New York to Virginia to Oklahoma). When they heard about this pick the question "Who?" was quickly raised. I was proud to tell them Mr. Simpson played FCS ball. My son chimed in with "I think he's from Coastal Carolina" which impressed the heck out of most of the bus (took them ten minutes to confirm with non-Hen sources).

spelunker64
April 27th, 2008, 11:30 AM
I was just comparing the top 3 rounds.

Thought so, that seemed low for all 7

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 12:07 PM
4-26-125 Oakland from Jacksonville through Baltimore- WR Arman Shields, Richmond

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 12:31 PM
4-34-133 Baltimore (Compensatory Selection)- OT David Hale, Weber State

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Here are the FCS picks from the 4th round.

ROUND FOUR

4-26-125 Oakland from Jacksonville through Baltimore- WR Arman Shields, Richmond

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Well, it is slow after a huge rush on FCS guys in the first 3 rounds. Hopefully the FCS isn't shut out in round 5. It would be surprising if that happened.

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 01:11 PM
5-11-146 Detroit from New Orleans- FB Jerome Felton, Furman

He was the 2nd FB taken in the draft.

PaladinFan
April 27th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Jerome Felton to Detroit at 146 overall in 5th round.

not too shabby for a small college fullback!

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 01:15 PM
not too shabby for a small college fullback!

Hopefully 2 more SoCon players get drafted now. I would like to see a record 5 with Lynch, Brown, and Foster here in the late rounds.

PaladinFan
April 27th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Hopefully 2 more SoCon players get drafted now. I would like to see a record 5 with Lynch, Brown, and Foster hopefully here in the late rounds.

When I saw Hester go off the boards in the 3rd I thought Jerome might move up. That's probably two rounds higher than I thought he'd go.

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 01:22 PM
5-14-149 Arizona- RB Tim Hightower, Richmond

spelunker64
April 27th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Ahh the Paladins of Furman

spelunker64
April 27th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Drago is "Helmet Head's" 5th best available now

JohnStOnge
April 27th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Hey McNeese St fans:

He is. I'm a little surprised he was drafted in the third round and wouldn't have been surprised had he not been drafted because he's kind of a "tweener." As I'm sure you saw, he's only 228 pounds. By NFL standards that's small even for a linebacker. He's very athletic though.

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 01:34 PM
5-19-154 Atlanta from Washington- DE Kroy Biermann, Montana

neersnbeers
April 27th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Where is Kerry brown???

TheValleyRaider
April 27th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Tim Hightower from Richmond went to Arizona at Pick 149 Overall

PaladinFan
April 27th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Ahh the Paladins of Furman

Did they actually pronounce it right this year? When Ingle Martin got drafted Kiper called us the "Pah-Lad-ans"

spelunker64
April 27th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Did they actually pronounce it right this year? When Ingle Martin got drafted Kiper called us the "Pah-Lad-ans"

Wingo said Pal-a-dins

gr8ness97
April 27th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Im still shocked how high William Hayes got drafted

grizband
April 27th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Kroy Biermann just went to Atlanta in the 5th round!!!

Congratulations Kroy!!

JohnStOnge
April 27th, 2008, 01:49 PM
I've just gotta mention the NFL.com profile on Bryan Smith. Here's a quote from it:

"He wowed the scouts at his pro day and had some academic problems, which is why he ended up at McNeesse State. "

That's their spelling of the school name; not mine.

I think maybe the fact that he came out of high school at, from what I hear, 190 to 200 pounds, might've had something to do with where he ended up.

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 01:53 PM
FCS 5th round picks

ROUND FIVE

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 01:55 PM
5-25-160 Tampa Bay from San Diego through New England- QB Josh Johnson, San Diego

Great to see Johnson get picked. Great value here in round 5 when most figured round 4.

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 01:55 PM
FCS 5th round picks

ROUND FIVE

5-25-160 Tampa Bay from San Diego through New England- QB Josh Johnson, San Diego

Hoyadestroya85
April 27th, 2008, 01:56 PM
wow.. he'll just be buried in the depth chart..
they have soooo many QBs

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Johnson to Jackson in Tampa is going to be an exciting FCS connection!

grizband
April 27th, 2008, 02:01 PM
FCS players taken so far:

1 (16) Arizona Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (CB) Tennessee State
1 (18) Baltimore Joe Flacco (QB) Delaware

2 (46) Cincinnati Jerome Simpson (WR) Coastal Carolina
2 (58) Tampa Bay Dexter Jackson (WR) Appalachian State

3 (66) Miami Kendall Langford (DE) Hampton
3 (79) Houston Antwan Moulden (CB) Eastern Kentucky
3 (80) Philadelphia Bryan Smith (DE) McNeese State
3 (96) Washington Chad Rinehart (OG) Northern Iowa

4 (103) Tennessee William Hayes (DE) Winston-Salem State
4 (125) Oakland Arman Shields (WR) Richmond
4 (133) Baltimore David Hale (OT) Weber State

5 (146) Denver Jerome Felton (FB) Furman
5 (149) Arizona Tim Hightower (RB) Richmond
5 (154) Atlanta Kroy Biermann (OLB) Montana
5 (160) Tampa Bay Josh Johnson (QB) San Diego

thmst30
April 27th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Where is Kerry brown???
Most likely undrafted. Also Lynch probably won't get drafted either. Hope I'm wrong, but I just have a feeling that teams have backed way off from both of them for whatever reason. IF they aren't drafted they are both practically guaranteed to be signed as undrafted FA's to try and make a team.

GOTOREROS
April 27th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Johnson to Jackson in Tampa is going to be an exciting FCS connection!

What a great opportunity for Josh and Dexter. Both will have a chance to play once they adjust to the speed and add size - congrats to them both!

thmst30
April 27th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Tampa has 6 QBs now, and 7 if Jake Plummer hadn't retired and refused to go there. What the hell are they thinking?

DetroitFlyer
April 27th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Congratulations to Josh Johnson, the first player ever drafted from the PFL! Glad to see he is going to Tampa Bay! Great fit! Leave it to former Dayton QB Jon Gruden to recognize talent in the PFL.... Nowwe just need Jon to sign Kevin Hoyng as a free agent...

Stang Fever
April 27th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Great for Josh Johnson...good luck to him!!! I cant wait to see what he can do.

GOTOREROS
April 27th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Tampa has 6 QBs now, and 7 if Jake Plummer hadn't retired and refused to go there. What the hell are they thinking?

I doubt they all stay (Garcia, Griese, Gradkowski, McCown, Simms). Griese has been on his way out for the last few years and Simms is no lock to make it back after his Spleen issues. I suspect 1 or 2 are gone in the next few months....

USDFAN_55
April 27th, 2008, 02:08 PM
I knew he was going to TB, just didn't know when. I was thinkig 3-5, so I was starting to get a little nervous for Josh. It will be interesting to see what the Bucs do with all those QBsxnodx

USDFAN_55
April 27th, 2008, 02:09 PM
I doubt they all stay (Garcia, Griese, Gradkowski, McCown, Simms). Griese has been on his way out for the last few years and Simms is no lock to make it back after his Spleen issues. I suspect 1 or 2 are gone in the next few months....

I'm thinking they will keep 3 QBs. Garcia, McCown, and Johnson. They may keep Gradkowski, but having 4 QBs on the roster is a lot.

JohnStOnge
April 27th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Did I miss it or has the DE from Gardner Webb not been drafted yet? That kind of surprises me. I saw him in an all star game and he looked dominant. And his NFL.com profile says he "...is regarded as the premier defensive prospect below the Bowl Subdivision ranks."

I guess not. But he sure looked good to me the one time I saw him in an all star game.

813Jag
April 27th, 2008, 02:24 PM
The only QB surely to be gone from Tampa is Simms. They just Griese back and because the main complaint was a lack of a veteran QB behind Garcia.

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Johnston has to come off here in round 6. It would be a huge shock to see him fall to the 7th.

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 02:36 PM
6-11-177 Cincinnati- FS Corey Lynch, Appalachian State

AppGrad06
April 27th, 2008, 02:37 PM
there goes lynch

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Good pick by the Bengals. I know they worked him out and loved him.

AppGrad06
April 27th, 2008, 02:39 PM
that was crazy, I was reading posts and had given up on keeping track and just happen to look up at the TV and there was Corey's name

AppGrad06
April 27th, 2008, 02:40 PM
lynch highlights

eaglewraith
April 27th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Is it so much to ask for Foster to get drafted? :(

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 02:43 PM
6-14-180 Washington from Denver through St. Louis- FS Kareem Moore, Nicholls State

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Current FCS draft picks as of 182.

ROUND ONE

ROUND TWO

ROUND THREE

ROUND FOUR

ROUND FIVE

ROUND SIX
6-14-180 Washington from Denver through St. Louis- FS Kareem Moore, Nicholls State

catamount man
April 27th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Is it so much to ask for Foster to get drafted? :(

How you think I feel? A Catamount hasn't been drafted since 1994. Even Hoover had to sign a FA contract. The ONE THING that I don't like that Wagner has done so far was cancel the Pro Day for Brigg's seniors. That was low, IMO as Eddie Cohen could've had his chance to show out.

Other than that, I love Wagner. But that was still wrong to do IMO. I would love to see Eddie's name show up today.

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 02:53 PM
How you think I feel? A Catamount hasn't been drafted since 1994. Even Hoover had to sign a FA contract. The ONE THING that I don't like that Wagner has done so far was cancel the Pro Day for Brigg's seniors. That was low, IMO as Eddie Cohen could've had his chance to show out.

Other than that, I love Wagner. But that was still wrong to do IMO. I would love to see Eddie's name show up today.

I think Cohen is good enough to be drafted. He runs well and makes big plays.

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 03:17 PM
6-27-193 Minnesota from Jacksonville- WR Jaymar Johnson, Jackson State

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Here is the current list of FCS draft picks as of pick 196.

ROUND ONE

ROUND TWO

ROUND THREE

ROUND FOUR

ROUND FIVE

ROUND SIX

catamount man
April 27th, 2008, 03:22 PM
I think Cohen is good enough to be drafted. He runs well and makes big plays.

I hope so, but time is ticking away.

813Jag
April 27th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Glad to see someone from the SWAC get drafted. xthumbsupx

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 03:35 PM
6-34-200 Philadelphia (Compensatory Selection)- ILB Joe Mays, North Dakota State

AppGrad06
April 27th, 2008, 03:36 PM
chalk one up for NDSU w/ Mays

Thundar
April 27th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Congrats to Joe hell of a player and person!!!xthumbsupx

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 03:43 PM
6-38-204 Miami (Compensatory Selection)- RB Lex Hilliard, Montana

AppGrad06
April 27th, 2008, 03:44 PM
another from Montana w/ Lex Hilliardgoing to miami

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Arizona Cardinals could take Kerry Brown.

AppGrad06
April 27th, 2008, 03:50 PM
they need to. How many times did Lamehardt get sacked last year?

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 03:50 PM
6-41-207 Cincinnati (Compensatory Selection)- TE Matthew Sherry, Villanova

Hoyadestroya85
April 27th, 2008, 03:55 PM
YESSSSSS! absolutely amazing way to go Matt

AppGrad06
April 27th, 2008, 03:59 PM
way to go Brian Johnston of Gardner-Webb

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 04:01 PM
7- 3-210 Kansas City- DE Brian Johnston, Gardner-Webb

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Great to see Caleb Campbell drafted from Army.

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 04:17 PM
7-12-219 Buffalo- OT Demetrius Bell, Northwestern State

EIUsuperfan
Great to see Caleb Campbell drafted from Army.

Agreed.

spelunker64
Drago to Denver???

They need a Punter...

Thundar
April 27th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Drago to Denver???

They need a Punter...

Nope, not this time, Chicago up next Hometown kid and the Coach that recruited him is there Bears??

smallcollegefbfan
ROUND ONE

ROUND TWO

ROUND THREE

ROUND FOUR

ROUND FIVE

ROUND SIX
6-34-200 Philadelphia (Compensatory Selection)- ILB Joe Mays, North Dakota State

ROUND SEVEN

AppGrad06
I'm surprised no one has picked up Piotr Czect (sp?) of Wagner yet b/c a couple PKs have been taken

spelunker64
April 27th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Nope, not this time, Chicago up next Hometown kid and the Coach that recruited him is there Bears??

They would be a great possibility too

Bison101
April 27th, 2008, 04:25 PM
They would be a great possibility too

It didn't happen. Da Bears skipped Drago.

spelunker64
April 27th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Denver @ #227?

I'd get to see him in action a lot against my Chargers... :D

Bison101
April 27th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Denver @ #227?

I'd get to see him in action a lot against my Chargers... :D

How about Philly with Joe?
xnodx

Appstate29
April 27th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Keith from Northern Iowa taken by Arizona

AppGrad06
April 27th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I was hoping they might take Brown but oh well

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 04:32 PM
7-18-225 Arizona- OT Brandon Keith, Northern Iowa

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 04:33 PM
A little surprise Brown did not go there. Bengals, Browns, Chargers, and Bears are most likely to take him from what I read.

Gil Dobie
April 27th, 2008, 04:38 PM
How about Philly with Joe?
xnodx

Green Bay for Drago xthumbsupx

Purple For Life
April 27th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Happy to see Keith and Rinehart drafted!

AppGrad06
April 27th, 2008, 05:35 PM
looks like kerry brown is looking at FA

eaglewraith
April 27th, 2008, 05:42 PM
God I hate the NFL

Eight Legger
April 27th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Didn't see a thread on this yet, but maybe I missed it. Talk about the guys from your school who were drafted this weekend.

From Richmond, WR Arman Shields went in the 4th round to Oakland and RB Tim Hightower in the 5th round to Arizona. We feel like both should have a chance to contribute this year, Shields maybe as a third WR if things go right.

smallcollegefbfan
April 27th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Here is a complete list of FCS players drafted.

ROUND ONE

ROUND TWO

ROUND THREE

ROUND FOUR

ROUND FIVE

ROUND SIX

ROUND SEVEN

grizband
April 27th, 2008, 05:51 PM
22 picks!! xeekx Congratulations to all of these FCS players for being selected in the 2008 NFL draft.

blukeys
April 27th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Didn't see a thread on this yet, but maybe I missed it. Talk about the guys from your school who were drafted this weekend.

From Richmond, WR Arman Shields went in the 4th round to Oakland and RB Tim Hightower in the 5th round to Arizona. We feel like both should have a chance to contribute this year, Shields maybe as a third WR if things go right.

Glad to see Hightower getting some respect. He is a stud and can play anywhere.

BeauFoster
April 27th, 2008, 06:16 PM

Try here...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40726

or here...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40766

Syntax Error
April 27th, 2008, 06:23 PM
God I hate the NFLxbowx

Syntax Error
April 27th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Here is a complete list of FCS players drafted...You missed two:
6 41 207 Cincinnati Matt Sherry TE Villanova
7 18 225 Arizona Brandon Keith OT Northern Iowa

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/images/articles/85510_DRCdraft.jpg

FCS in the NFL Draft
College Sporting News
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=85510

Defensive Back Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie of Tennessee State University is the top pick from the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision in the 2008 NFL Draft. Rodgers-Cromartie was selected with the 16th pick in the first round of the draft. QB Joe Flacco from Delaware was taken with the 18th selection making this year the first since 2000 to have two former FCS players taken in the first round. Here is the list of the 24 former FCS student-athletes selected in the 2008 NFL draft, the most selected since 2000.

Round Pick # Overall Team Athlete Pos. School
2008 Draft 24 student-athletes
1 16 16 Arizona Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tennessee State
1 18 18 Baltimore Joe Flacco QB Delaware
2 15 46 Cincinnati Jerome Simpson WR Coastal Carolina
2 27 58 Tampa Bay Dexter Jackson WR Appalachian State
3 3 66 Miami Kendall Langford DT Hampton
3 16 79 Houston Antwaun Molden CB Eastern Kentucky
3 17 80 Philadelphia Bryan Smith OLB McNeese State
3 33 96 Washington Chad Rinehart OT Northern Iowa
4 4 103 Tennessee William Hayes DL Winston-Salem St.
4 26 125 Oakland Arman Shields WR Richmond
4 34 133 Baltimore David Hale OT Weber State
5 11 146 Detroit Jerome Felton FB Furman
5 14 149 Arizona Tim Hightower RB Richmond
5 19 154 Atlanta Kroy Biermann OLB Montana
5 25 160 Tampa Josh Johnson QB San Diego
6 11 177 Cincinnati Corey Lynch FS Appalachian State
6 14 180 Washington Kareem Moore DB Nicholls State
6 27 193 Minnesota Jaymar Johnson WR Jackson State
6 34 200 Philadelphia Joe Mays ILB North Dakota State
6 38 204 Miami Lex Hilliard RB Montana
7 3 210 Kansas Brian Johnston DE Gardner-Webb
7 12 219 Buffalo Demetrius Bell OT Northwestern State

JohnStOnge
April 27th, 2008, 06:35 PM
God I hate the NFL

You probably should've seen it coming. If you go to the NFL.com draft tracker "by school" query at http://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker#tab:dt-by-college , you'll see that nobody at Georgia Southern ... whatever you may think of it... was even considered a prospect.

From the standpoint of NFL draft considerations, this year's Payton award winner might have been better off if he'd played wideout in college like Dexter Jackson did. No way he was going to be drafted as a quarterback; so they would have to have been looking at him at another position.

The same thing's going to happen to Armanti Edwards.

But he'll probably get a free agent shot because of his speed.

appfan2008
April 27th, 2008, 07:00 PM
dexter could possibly be a third wideout/punt returner... i really think he will do well down there in TB

Appaholic
April 27th, 2008, 07:04 PM
You probably should've seen it coming. If you go to the NFL.com draft tracker "by school" query at http://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker#tab:dt-by-college , you'll see that nobody at Georgia Southern ... whatever you may think of it... was even considered a prospect.

From the standpoint of NFL draft considerations, this year's Payton award winner might have been better off if he'd played wideout in college like Dexter Jackson did. No way he was going to be drafted as a quarterback; so they would have to have been looking at him at another position.

Sad, but you are correct about Armanti I'm afraid........not much call for a QB his size in the NFL.....hopefully he'll get a shot due to his speed ad the fact he is a winner.....

GannonFan
April 27th, 2008, 07:10 PM

Payton Award - how much do you think they're cringing that a first round NFL QB couldn't even crack the watch list??

AZGrizFan
April 27th, 2008, 07:20 PM
1 16 16 Arizona Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tennessee State
1 18 18 Baltimore Joe Flacco QB Delaware
2 15 46 Cincinnati Jerome Simpson WR Coastal Carolina
3 3 66 Miami Kendall Langford DT Hampton
3 16 79 Houston Antwaun Molden CB Eastern Kentucky
3 17 80 Philadelphia Bryan Smith OLB McNeese State
4 4 103 Tennessee William Hayes DL Winston-Salem St.
4 34 133 Baltimore David Hale OT Weber State
5 11 146 Detroit Jerome Felton FB Furman
5 25 160 Tampa Josh Johnson QB San Diego
6 14 180 Washington Kareem Moore DB Nicholls State
6 27 193 Minnesota Jaymar Johnson WR Jackson State
6 34 200 Philadelphia Joe Mays ILB North Dakota State
7 3 210 Kansas Brian Johnston DE Gardner-Webb
7 12 219 Buffalo Demetrius Bell OT Northwestern State

Maybe AZ knows something the other teams don't? Last year it was Ben Patrick out of Delaware, this year it's Delaware State.

And I hate to say it, but Miami is my new favorite team. First Tuff Harris, and now Lex Hilliard. GOD I hope he sticks. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

JohnStOnge
April 27th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Payton Award - how much do you think they're cringing that a first round NFL QB couldn't even crack the watch list??

Don't know. My own personal belief is that option style offenses...whether they're the wingbone GSU ran during its glory period or the shotgun option style App State runs now...could work in the NFL if people were willing to try and commit to them. But they're not. So a quarterback that excels in an option style system...like Tommy Frazier of Nebraska back in 1995...has nowhere to go in the NFL.

ButlerGSU
April 27th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Rumors around gsufans.com are that Jayson Foster signed with the Dolphins...

AZGrizFan
April 27th, 2008, 07:49 PM

Congrats to Montana, ASU, UNI and Richmond as the only FCS schools with multiple picks in the NFL draft. xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

eaglewraith
April 27th, 2008, 07:53 PM

I never said I hoped to see him drafted as a QB.

I fully expect him to go as a return specialist and utility receiver.

Thank you for just pissing me off and not contributing anything that hasn't been said before.

Maroon&White
April 27th, 2008, 08:00 PM

Hightower joins Baylark and Shipp at RB for the Cards. According to my count, the Cards now have 11 FCS players on its roster.

AZGrizFan
April 27th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Hightower joins Baylark and Shipp at RB for the Cards. According to my count, the Cards now have 11 FCS players on its roster.

Yep....also Ben Patrick @ tight end.... xnodx as well as a somewhat renowned FCS QB.... xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

UMass922
April 27th, 2008, 08:33 PM

Makes me wonder who's staying and going, though. James, Shipp, Arrington, now Hightower . . . Perhaps this signals that they're giving up on Arrington, who's been something of a bust.

TheValleyRaider
April 27th, 2008, 10:06 PM
I never said I hoped to see him drafted as a QB.

I fully expect him to go as a return specialist and utility receiver.

Thank you for just pissing me off and not contributing anything that hasn't been said before.

Truthfully though, in the draft, guys like that are a dime a dozen. Foster's probably in a better situation now, not being drafted and getting a selection of teams to choose from, find the best situation for him.

Yeah, he was going to be a tough sell, certainly at the quarterback position. He'll get a shot as a ST guy in training camp, but he'll probably need a bit of work as a reciever to really become valuable to a team. If he can find one that's willing to work on converting him, it's a good situation

Good luck to Jayson. Seemed like a great guy from his Payton acceptance speech xthumbsupx

AZGrizFan
April 27th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Makes me wonder who's staying and going, though. James, Shipp, Arrington, now Hightower . . . Perhaps this signals that they're giving up on Arrington, who's been something of a bust.

Arrington had a better sophomore year....not great, but better....I might put my money on Shipp....who simply can't seem to crack the lineup. xeyebrowx

siuham
April 28th, 2008, 02:04 AM
Edwards would have a good shot in an offensive system a'la Pittsburgh. They drafted Dixon from Oregon in a later round, and I seriously doubt he'll ever see time at QB unless it's a trick play, perhaps he'll replace Batch as the backup, but I'd personally like to see him converted to a receiver.

brownbear
April 28th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Edwards would have a good shot in an offensive system a'la Pittsburgh. They drafted Dixon from Oregon in a later round, and I seriously doubt he'll ever see time at QB unless it's a trick play, perhaps he'll replace Batch as the backup, but I'd personally like to see him converted to a receiver.

I think Dixon will end up like Randel-El as a WR who can be a QB on trick plays.

813Jag
April 28th, 2008, 06:49 AM
dexter could possibly be a third wideout/punt returner... i really think he will do well down there in TB
He'll really get time as a returner. The Bucs return game sucks the big one. He'll push for time as a wideout, they need speed badly opposite Galloway.

MarkCCU
April 28th, 2008, 07:00 AM

1 of 2 Palmetto State players to go in the first day. CONGRATS!

redspider
April 28th, 2008, 09:17 AM
I am happy to see not just one but two different Richmond payers get drafted good luck to Arman he played well through his career at Richmond but ufortunately got injured his senior year we could have used him out there. Also Tim Hightower well eeveryone knows what he did crushing many of our running records he will be missed good luck in the NFL.

Peems
April 28th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Maybe AZ knows something the other teams don't? Last year it was Ben Patrick out of Delaware, this year it's Delaware State.

And I hate to say it, but Miami is my new favorite team. First Tuff Harris, and now Lex Hilliard. GOD I hope he sticks. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

And now don't forget our boy Dan Carpenter, FA signing!! Go Dolphins!!!

McNeese75
April 28th, 2008, 04:42 PM
He is. I'm a little surprised he was drafted in the third round and wouldn't have been surprised had he not been drafted because he's kind of a "tweener." As I'm sure you saw, he's only 228 pounds. By NFL standards that's small even for a linebacker. He's very athletic though.

Last I heard Smith is now up to 238.

BDKJMU
April 29th, 2008, 01:02 PM

Steve McNair, Walter Payton, Rich Gannon.....

Flacco I believe is the highest drafted I-AA QB since McNair was the 3rd pick in 95' out of Alcorn State. Who at this point would be the best QB to ever come out of I-AA?
Gannon?: 17 seasons, 4 pro bowls, 3 times All Pro, one time AP NFL MVP
Warner?: 10 seasons, 3 pro bowls, 2x AP NFL MVP, Super Bowl MVP
McNair?:13 seasons, 3 pro bowls.

How many have played 10 or more seasons and made pro bowls besides Gannon, Warner and McNair? Maybe one day Flacco will be mentioned in the same breath, which ironically would give UD 2 of the top QBs ever to come out of I-AA. Best of luck to him.

USDFAN_55
April 29th, 2008, 02:43 PM

Kurt Warner and Tony Romo were not drafted though. The last drafted FCS QB to do well is Steve McNair. QBs drafted since him have not done as well. My point being is that it could effect the drafting of future FCS QBs; good or bad.xnodx

GannonFan
April 29th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Kurt Warner and Tony Romo were not drafted though. The last drafted FCS QB to do well is Steve McNair. QBs drafted since him have not done as well. My point being is that it could effect the drafting of future FCS QBs; good or bad.xnodx

That's just silly - it's not going to have any impact, good or bad, on future drafting of FCS QB's. People get drafted or don't get drafted based on whether or not they, as an individual, can play or not. Any good scout isn't going to significantly downplay a guy because he came from the Big Ten and the last two QB's from the Big Ten who were drafted were busts. Whether Flacco does well or is a bust or is something in between will have no impact either way on anyone else coming our of the FCS classification in the future. You pick people based on the individual, not an arbitrary grouping that probably has no real association. xreadx

USDFAN_55
April 30th, 2008, 05:59 PM
That's just silly - it's not going to have any impact, good or bad, on future drafting of FCS QB's. People get drafted or don't get drafted based on whether or not they, as an individual, can play or not. Any good scout isn't going to significantly downplay a guy because he came from the Big Ten and the last two QB's from the Big Ten who were drafted were busts. Whether Flacco does well or is a bust or is something in between will have no impact either way on anyone else coming our of the FCS classification in the future. You pick people based on the individual, not an arbitrary grouping that probably has no real association. xreadx

It can make some gun shy.xnodx Not saying they won't get drafted, just that they'll get drafted a lot later because teams aren't willing to gamble as much.

smallcollegefbfan
May 1st, 2008, 02:07 PM
OG Earl Cager, Southeastern Louisiana signed with NY Giants.
WR Byron Ross, Southeastern Louisiana has tryout with Saints.

smallcollegefbfan
May 1st, 2008, 02:16 PM
FCS ROOKIE FREE AGENT SIGNINGS

ARIZONA
DE Jason Banks, Grambling State
CB Marcus Brown, McNeese State
OT Thaddeus Coleman, Mississippi Valley State

BALTIMORE
OG Sean Dumford, Eastern Kentucky
P Benjamin Dato, Fordham
C Isaiah Wiggins, Illinois State
K Piotr Czech, Wagner

BUFFALO
WR Jason Jones, Arkansas-Pine Bluff
QB Luke Drone, Illinois State

CAROLINA
P Dan Zeidman, Idaho State
FB Breyone Evans, UMASS

CHICAGO
OT Cody Balogh, Montana
QB Nick Hill, Southern Illinois

CLEVELAND
QB Craig Hormann, Columbia
RB DeShawn Baker, SC State
OG James Lee, SC State

DALLAS
DT Marcus Dixon, Hampton
OT Andrew Brecher, Harvard
OG Brandon Hale, Sam Houston State
TE Drew Atchison, William & Mary

DENVER
OT Mitch Erickson, South Dakota State

DETROIT
FS Bobbie Williams, Bethune-Cookman
OLB Brian Bradford, Towson
FS Vince Gliatta, Youngstown State

GREEN BAY
WR Rod Harper, Murray State
C Brennen Carvalho, Portland State

INDIANAPOLIS
RB Chad Simpson, Morgan State
SS Jordan Senn, Portland State
OT Darren Marquez, Southern Illinois

JACKSONVILLE
WR Clyde Edwards, Grambling State
FB Anthony Cotrone, Maine

KANSAS CITY
SS Jose Yearwood, Brown
QB Ricky Santos, New Hampshire
OLB James Terry, Youngstown State

MIAMI
OT Mike Byrne, Delaware
WR Jayson Foster, Georgia Southern
TE Matt Mulligan, Maine
K Dan Carpenter, Montana
OT Darren Heerspink, Portland State
CB Scorpio Babers, Sam Houston State

MINNESOTA
OT Brandon Joyce, Illinois State
C Matt Roan, Southern Utah

NEW ENGLAND
OLB Vincent Redd, Liberty
P Mike Dragosavich, North Dakota State
DT Casey Tyler, Portland State

NEW ORLEANS
FB Olaniyi Sobomehin, Portland State

NEW YORK GIANTS
OG Earl Cager, Southeastern Louisiana

NEW YORK JETS
CB Alfred Phillips, Wagner

OAKLAND
SS Darrick Brown, McNeese State
QB Brian White, Portland State
OLB Ronnie Pentz, San Diego
TE Chris Wagner, South Dakota State
DE Derrick Gray, Texas Southern

PHILADELPHIA
WR Shaheer McBride, Delaware State
CB Kyle Arrington, Hofstra

PITTSBURGH
K Julian Rauch, Appalachian State
WR Micah Rucker, Eastern Illinois
QB Mike Potts, William & Mary

SAN DIEGO
FB Mike Tolbert, Coastal Carolina
OLB Erik Bakhtiari, San Diego
DT Lamar Divens, Tennessee State

SEATTLE
CB DeMichael Dizer, Grambling State

ST. LOUIS
DT Vernon Bryant, Hampton
OG Stephen Sene, Liberty

TAMPA BAY
WR Wes Doyle, San Diego

TENNESSEE
RB Omar Cuff, Delaware
OT Brock Pasteur, Stephen F. Austin

WASHINGTON
OG Kerry Brown, Appalachian State
OLB Bryan Wilson, Morgan State
OT Darren Marquez, Southern Illinois

TRYOUTS

CLEVELAND
TE Matt Champa, Dayton
FS Kevin Hoyng, Dayton

DETROIT
QB Eric Sanders, Northern Iowa

GREEN BAY
RB Louie Runnels, Stephen F. Austin

NEW ENGLAND
P Mike Dragosavich, North Dakota State

NEW ORLEANS
OLB Shonda Faulkner, Indiana State
WR Byron Ross, Southeastern Louisiana

NY JETS
RB Kareem Huggins, Hofstra
WR Charles Sullivan, Hofstra
WR Alan Turner, Southern Illinois

Franks Tanks
May 1st, 2008, 02:30 PM
Word is that Jesse Padilla an OL from Lafayette is going to the Chiefs tryout--havent been able to find press release however.