PDA

View Full Version : Entire Memphis bball team gone

89Hen
April 24th, 2008, 10:28 AM
All five starters have now declared for the NBA Draft. Imagine losing your entire team. xeekx

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/20080424-9999-1s24digest.html

The Memphis Tigers' entire starting lineup last season has declared for the NBA draft now that juniors Antonio Anderson and Robert Dozier have become the last from the 2008 NCAA runner-up to announce.

The school said yesterday that neither Anderson nor Dozier is expected to sign with an agent, leaving the possibility of returning for their senior season open. They joined Derrick Rose and Chris Douglas-Roberts as early entries along with senior center Joey Dorsey.

Go...gate
April 24th, 2008, 10:34 AM
...betcha a nickel that probation is not far behind. Think UMass 1996.

tribe_pride
April 24th, 2008, 10:47 AM
I don't think it's a bad idea since the last 2 are juniors. They can test the waters, see where they would be drafted, see where they need to improve and will be back at Memphis next year.

Grizalltheway
April 24th, 2008, 10:49 AM
What a shock! I figured they were headed for med school. xrolleyesx xcoolx

brownbear
April 24th, 2008, 11:38 AM
I first saw Robert Dozier in high school when he played for Lithonia High School outside Atlanta. In the playoffs one year, my high school played Lithonia in the first round and got killed. Lithonia ended up making the final four that year, and Dozier was committed to go to Georgia, but was ineligible, so he transferred to Memphis.

Peems
April 24th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Memphis did sign the number one recruit in the nation though. But I agree that I think Anderson will be back next year.