View Full Version : Offensive Day For JMU

BDKJMU
April 21st, 2008, 10:15 AM
Offensive Day For JMU
Landers, Running Backs Sharp In Spring Game
http://www.dnronline.com/sports_details.php?AID=16343&CHID=3&sub=

NYJMUSupporter
April 21st, 2008, 10:23 AM
It was a great day in the Burg. Over 1500 people showed up to enjoy the beautiful weather, games for kids and more importantly some great football. After watching our offense opperate, I do not think there is a defense in the country that is going to be able to stop us. Now I am not sure how our defense is going to shape up, but if we can fix our issues at LB, we are going to be a serious contender for the National Championship next season. Rumor on campus is that JMU is in talks with a transfer LB from Wake Forest. Stay tuned on that one. We are also still waiting to hear about Fitzgerald from UVA. Should know soon what his plans are.

AshevilleApp2
April 21st, 2008, 11:38 AM
152 days until the rematch.

NYJMUSupporter
April 21st, 2008, 11:56 AM
I know and I can't wait! Regardless of who wins, it is going to be a great game for FCS Football and a fun day for fans of both teams!

JMU_Fan_2007
April 21st, 2008, 04:51 PM
152 days until the rematch.

I hope that some day this becomes a yearly rivalry. It needs a classy name...

Battle of the Blue Ridge. That's my suggestion

NYJMUSupporter
April 22nd, 2008, 08:07 AM
I like that idea, but only if they expand the playoff field. Considering the high level of competition in each conference, the loser of that game would instantly have a difficult time making the playoffs. I do think the rivalry would be good for CS, especially if it is televised.

AshevilleApp2
April 22nd, 2008, 08:56 AM
I like that idea, but only if they expand the playoff field. Considering the high level of competition in each conference, the loser of that game would instantly have a difficult time making the playoffs. I do think the rivalry would be good for CS, especially if it is televised.

Regular meetings would be a good thing. Yearly may be to much. Unless of course we can poach JMU next time we expand the conference. xsmiley_wix

SideLine Shooter
April 22nd, 2008, 08:58 AM

It is the last 2 - FCS champions!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Hoyadestroya85
April 22nd, 2008, 09:21 AM

That fact is crazy.. it feels weird to think about it

BDKJMU
April 22nd, 2008, 08:14 PM

Technically its the last 2 I-AA champs (JMU 04' and ASU 05') and the 1st FCS champ (ASU 06' & 07')