PDA

View Full Version : Dexter Jackson ESPN sleeper

biggie
April 21st, 2008, 09:40 AM
He is mentioned in the vid as sleeper especially for reuturns:

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3352194&categoryId=2459789

USDFAN_55
April 21st, 2008, 10:32 AM
He is mentioned in the vid as sleeper especially for reuturns:

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3352194&categoryId=2459789

Dexter kind of reminds me a little of Steve Smith. Not very big, but really fast and tough. How reliable are his hands? Could be a big steal in the later rounds (3-5).xnodx

smallcollegefbfan
April 21st, 2008, 11:09 AM
Dexter kind of reminds me a little of Steve Smith. Not very big, but really fast and tough. How reliable are his hands? Could be a big steal in the later rounds (3-5).xnodx

He had a few drops this year. Consistency at WR is his main issue. Once he takes care of that he will be a steal. It looks like he should go in the 3rd-4th round.

Retro
April 21st, 2008, 02:26 PM
I think dexter goes in the 2nd round, early 3rd at latest.. He's a player and he definitely caught some NFL eyes in his performance againest Michigan last year.

USDFAN_55
April 21st, 2008, 02:30 PM
I think dexter goes in the 2nd round, early 3rd at latest.. He's a player and he definitely caught some NFL eyes in his performance againest Michigan last year.

One game can make a player go from unknown (possible 6-7 round draft pick) to a round 2-3 pick? We all know Michigan's defense was not very good last year. Don't you think the scouts and GMs realize that as well? I think round 4 at the earliest, but then again some team may fall in love with his speed (e.g. Raiders) and draft him earlier.

Peems
April 21st, 2008, 04:07 PM
One game can make a player go from unknown (possible 6-7 round draft pick) to a round 2-3 pick? We all know Michigan's defense was not very good last year. Don't you think the scouts and GMs realize that as well? I think round 4 at the earliest, but then again some team may fall in love with his speed (e.g. Raiders) and draft him earlier.

Hey Michigan's D did enough to beat Florida!!!

Cleets
April 21st, 2008, 04:11 PM

Dexter and Armanti showed they can play anywhere...
Michigan beat some very good teams last year

xnodx

SideLine Shooter
April 21st, 2008, 04:15 PM

They did and I loved it. It also made ASU look better..xthumbsupx xeyebrowx xcoolx :D xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

USDFAN_55
April 21st, 2008, 04:15 PM
Dexter and Armanti showed they can play anywhere...
Michigan beat some very good teams last year

xnodx

Yes they did, but my real question is whether or not 1 game can help your stock jump so much? Draft stock should be based off of more than one game.xnodx He didn't even dominate the SoCon.xconfusedx

neersnbeers
April 21st, 2008, 04:34 PM

No. The Shriner and Senior games along with the combine showcased his talent. Without those then yes 6-7th round. I also think scouts and GMs seen Mich. woop florida in the capital one game.xsmiley_wix

HighRyder08
April 22nd, 2008, 10:45 AM
his speed is what is going to get him into the league... many teams are looking for a good return man, and if you get DJ the ball then there are few people that can catch him with his speed

Retro
April 22nd, 2008, 01:29 PM

Did i say that one game made the difference? No! That game got him on the radar and he followed through with great season and post season and evaulations...