PDA

View Full Version : SI's Fan's Overlooked Draft Prospects

bostonspider
April 15th, 2008, 04:07 PM
So SI has showcased 12 of Overlooked Draft Prospects as nominated by fans. Well 10 of the 12 are from typical FBS (Even BCS) conferences, but 2 of the 12 are from the CAA

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0804/nfl.fans.underrated.draft.prospects/images/omar-cuff.jpg

Omar Cuff of UD
"All the draft hype is focused on Joe Flacco, but no one mentions his stud backfield teammate, Omar Cuff. Anyone who watched the Hens last year knows that they would have been .500 or worse without a running threat. Omar reminds me of a UD opponent from a couple years ago who's now the best back in football. I think some team is going to steal him in the sixth- or seventh-round and make him their Brian Westbrook. He's undersized, but runs tough inside and has tremendous hands out of the backfield. "

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0804/nfl.fans.underrated.draft.prospects/images/arman-shields.jpg

Arman Shields of UR
"I know to be wary of the workout wonders, but Arman Shields killed every receiver and most of the other performers in the drills. He was injured most of last year, but the rumor is the local scout for the Eagles was pissed that everyone now knows about him. He had almost the entire NFL at his pro day which the school rarely ever has."

Always good to see some FCS guys getting some national press

Ivytalk
April 15th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Heck, I'd take Cuff if the 6th round came along and I needed a RB. Like Westbrook, however, there will be "fragility" concerns.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 15th, 2008, 04:11 PM
I so agree about Cuff.

USDFAN_55
April 15th, 2008, 04:18 PM
"Anyone who watched the Hens last year knows that they would have been .500 or worse without a running threat."

I've said this before, and just got beat up by the Flacco supporters. Cuff was a beast for UD.

SunCoastBlueHen
April 15th, 2008, 04:28 PM
"Anyone who watched the Hens last year knows that they would have been .500 or worse without a running threat."

I've said this before, and just got beat up by the Flacco supporters. Cuff was a beast for UD.

The problem with that theory is that the Hen's didn't seem to miss much of a beat when the Freshman Thaxton spelled Omar on occasion...

GP-GS Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G

Omar Cuff 15-15 398 1973 28 1945 4.9 35 48 129.7
Phillip Thaxton 11-0 64 403 13 390 6.1 3 62 35.5

BTW, Joe's lesser first season had much less to do with a banged up Omar, but much more to do with a banged up O-line. The guys in the trenches really don't get enough credit.

DTSpider
April 16th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Arman Shields of UR
"I know to be wary of the workout wonders, but Arman Shields killed every receiver and most of the other performers in the drills. He was injured most of last year, but the rumor is the local scout for the Eagles was pissed that everyone now knows about him. He had almost the entire NFL at his pro day which the school rarely ever has."

Of course, the scout for the Eagles in reference is a former UR player.

Appguy
April 16th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Theres a 3rd overlooked draft prospect tackling Cuff!

Hoyadestroya85
April 16th, 2008, 03:31 PM
I hate these comparisons of Cuff to Westbrook.. He is not as fast, explosive, or agile as Westbrook and this year the only reason he had so many touchdowns is because he was scavenging them..
Don't get me wrong.. Cuff is great.. but he's not Brian Westbrook and its fairly safe to say he'll never be an all pro

UNH 40
April 16th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Nothing on Santos. I am telling you this kid is a sleeping Giant in this draft. Somebody is going to look Damn smart for picking him up.

bleedblue
April 17th, 2008, 12:48 AM
I hate these comparisons of Cuff to Westbrook.. He is not as fast, explosive, or agile as Westbrook and this year the only reason he had so many touchdowns is because he was scavenging them..
Don't get me wrong.. Cuff is great.. but he's not Brian Westbrook and its fairly safe to say he'll never be an all pro

As much as I love my Hens I agree. I saw both and there is no comparison, taking stats out of it. No knock on Omar though. It's just Westbrook was perhaps one of the all time top ten backs in 1-aa, IMHO. Although I do think Omar has a chance to have a career in the NFL becuase of his work ethic and heart. BTW, Flacco gave Omar the chance for his records and great stats, not the other way around, JJ fan. We may have a better backfield this year although huge OL questions.

Hoyadestroya85
April 17th, 2008, 02:45 AM
Omar won me over playing against us hurt.. no question that he's a warrior