PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft excluding FBS players

yorkcountyUNHfan
April 14th, 2008, 07:38 AM
http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Latest/small_shool_seven_mound_mock_draft.html

813Jag
April 14th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Interesting, our best WR is projected to be a fullback, you don't see that very often. Lots of good players on this list.

OhioHen
April 14th, 2008, 09:17 AM
"Johnson reminds the Falcons of Michael Vick"

Why insult Johnson in this manner?

ericsaid
April 14th, 2008, 09:41 AM

That's very complimentary to say that of an FCS player. I'm sure Johnson would enjoy having the athletic ability of Michael Vick.

ericsaid
April 14th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Would be nice to see the Panthers draft Corey Lynch. As far as I know they have no safeties that are any good. With Minter retired Corey could be put at the FS position and move whoever is play FS now to SS.

PantherRob82
April 14th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Doesn't really do much for me. 7 rounds of small school players when realistically maybe 1-2 rounds worth get drafted.

AppGrad06
April 14th, 2008, 10:35 AM
they have Rauch going in the 6th round, yet no love for that kicker from Hofstra?

Hoyadestroya85
April 14th, 2008, 10:44 AM

regardless of behavior off the field.. Vick may be the most electrifying player in NFL history

I love seeing that this guy has the Giants taking Jayson Foster.. i'd love that to happen

Retro
April 14th, 2008, 01:54 PM
While i appreciate the work that Smallcollegefootballfan (josh) put into that article, the list is simply in order of best FCS athletes and teams draft on needs and quality, so the dolphins would pick a OT,DL or LB first, the rams would not pick a QB, the falcons would pick a QB though..

The problem is that the order of these prospects would all change if there were no FBS players included as a need for DL or RB's would likely change what teams at the top pick even if there is a great CB or QB on the list rated above them overall.. There would be some OL appear higher up simply because that is a need..

What you do is take the top rated players at each position and then the see what each team needs and go from there.. Just because Cromartie is the best FCS player doesn't mean he will be the first to go, especially if a team is more need of OL or DL as is Miami. Same with Rams, they need OL, DL, LB more..

smallcollegefbfan
April 14th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Retro,

Some teams have said that they draft based on value over need many times. Just depends who the team is. While there are many good OL this year, there is just not one close to the top 5 small schoolers, according to those in the know. GB's general manager recently said they take value over need. Mocks need to have a good combo of needs mixed with value. Seems that is the way many teams do it.

Retro
April 14th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Your talking to a guy who has followed the draft for 20+ years as an adult and i agree with you in that value does supersede need at times, but need takes precedent unless there is a clear cut guy far above everyone else and / or a team is in dire need a playmaker a certain position like RB or QB..
What usually happens is if there is say a group of about 5 guys at one position (like qb) and they are pretty much rated in the same area overall, but of course some teams have ones they like.. If you have run on QB's at some point in the draft, then teams will suddenly take a guy earlier than wanted to just to get their guy, especially if that year's crop is not all that deep and they can't risk losing him.. That usually happens in the last half of the 1st round at the earliest. I could see WR position happening like that this season.

UNHWildCats
April 14th, 2008, 04:21 PM
cool Santos is the starting QB in Miami....