PDA

View Full Version : TXST BOBCATS-SPRING UPDATE

TXST_CAT
April 5th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Bobcat Football Team Showing Progress In First Two Weeks Of Spring Practice

Head coach Brad Wright pleased after Thursday's practice

April 4, 2008

San Marcos, Texas - - As the Texas State football team prepares for their scrimmage this Friday, head coach Brad Wright has been pleased with the Bobcats offensive execution and improvement on defense in their second week.

Texas State will hold its second scrimmage of the spring at 4:00 p.m. on Friday, April 4 on the Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium before concluding its final week of Spring Practice April 7-12.

"Offensively, this is our second season together and they have shown their familiarity with our system," Wright said. "We have a solid group of running backs, and Cameron Luke is back at wide receiver after his record-setting season last year. Our two quarterbacks have done a good job moving the ball, and our offensive line is starting to become a solid unit with two new guards after we had two seniors starting there last season."
MORE

http://txstatebobcats.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/040408aaa.html

I saw the April 4 Scrimmage and one word to describe our new Defense...FAST. The coaches did a great job adding speed to the defense (WITH MORE ON THE WAY) and Coach Bleil is doing a great job with his 4-3 scheme.

McNeese75
April 5th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Bobcat Football Team Showing Progress In First Two Weeks Of Spring Practice

Head coach Brad Wright pleased after Thursday's practice

April 4, 2008

San Marcos, Texas - - As the Texas State football team prepares for their scrimmage this Friday, head coach Brad Wright has been pleased with the Bobcats offensive execution and improvement on defense in their second week.

Texas State will hold its second scrimmage of the spring at 4:00 p.m. on Friday, April 4 on the Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium before concluding its final week of Spring Practice April 7-12.

"Offensively, this is our second season together and they have shown their familiarity with our system," Wright said. "We have a solid group of running backs, and Cameron Luke is back at wide receiver after his record-setting season last year. Our two quarterbacks have done a good job moving the ball, and our offensive line is starting to become a solid unit with two new guards after we had two seniors starting there last season."
MORE

http://txstatebobcats.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/040408aaa.html

I saw the April 4 Scrimmage and one word to describe our new Defense...FAST. The coaches did a great job adding speed to the defense (WITH MORE ON THE WAY) and Coach Bleil is doing a great job with his 4-3 scheme.

Glad to see you are adding some speed on D (cause jeeez you needed it last year:D )

ncbears
April 5th, 2008, 12:44 PM
looking foward to the bears vs. bobcats matchup in Greeley!

blackfordpu
April 5th, 2008, 06:42 PM
[B][SIZE="5"]BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Anyone else having a hard time reading this? ;) xlolx

TXST_CAT
April 5th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Anyone else having a hard time reading this? ;) xlolx

REALY xnonox xlolx Just thought I would warn you guys.xnodx

TXST_CAT
April 5th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Glad to see you are adding some speed on D (cause jeeez you needed it last year:D )

Your telling me. You only had to witness one game try watching the season. The sad thing is there were so many games that we could have won if we could have defended the pass. But who doesn't say that right. Coach Wright mentioned we were going after speed and noted the McNeese and UCA games specifically. Coach Beil helped turn the UNT defense around when he was there and will have our defense earning respect again. xnodx

TXST_CAT
April 5th, 2008, 07:57 PM
looking foward to the bears vs. bobcats matchup in Greeley!

I hope we have a better year against teams who have bears as mascots. xcoolx

blackfordpu
April 5th, 2008, 08:10 PM
REALY xnonox xlolx Just thought I would warn you guys.xnodx

If your team's progress is anything like your spelling, I am not worried.xrotatehx

TXST_CAT
April 5th, 2008, 09:39 PM
If your team's progress is anything like your spelling, I am not worried.xrotatehx

Did not know the spelling police patrolled this board. xcoolx xoopsx

slycat
April 6th, 2008, 06:51 PM

its been lacking for a while. hope for drastic improvements this season.