PDA

View Full Version : Best summation of NCAA B-Ball

Lehigh Football Nation
March 31st, 2008, 09:39 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=733687

That Kansas hung on to beat Davidson in the Midwest Regional final doesn't mean it's going to be a worse Final Four. In fact, if history tells us anything, it will be a better Final Four.

It just won't be as interesting a Final Four during the lead-up this week.

As you're aware of by now, this will be the first Final Four made up entirely of No. 1-seeded teams. Nothing against Kansas, North Carolina, UCLA and Memphis, but this Final Four will almost be like watching a corporate-colossus showdown between Wal-Mart, ExxonMobil, General Electric and Citigroup.

xlolx xlolx xlolx

CollegeSportsInfo
March 31st, 2008, 01:48 PM
horse****. The 4 best teams advanced to the final four. One isn't even in the bcs. We have an FCS playoff each year and when umass isn't a top 4 seed I hope that the top 4 advance so that one of the best team wins by beating the best teams.

nwFL Griz
March 31st, 2008, 02:22 PM
Yeah, why would we actually want to find out who the best team is? That would totally suck.

813Jag
March 31st, 2008, 05:20 PM
Yeah, why would we actually want to find out who the best team is? That would totally suck.
You know if the little guys don't make it then it must suck.

nwFL Griz
March 31st, 2008, 09:50 PM
You know if the little guys don't make it then it must suck.

I guess.

I love the upset as much as the next guy....shoot, even when my Orange were the first ever #2 to lose to a 15, I was pulling for the Spiders. But when it comes down to the end, I would much rather have the four best teams, and not one who got in the Final Four on a fluke run.

Grizzaholic
March 31st, 2008, 09:58 PM
I guess.

I love the upset as much as the next guy....shoot, even when my Orange were the first ever #2 to lose to a 15, I was pulling for the Spiders. But when it comes down to the end, I would much rather have the four best teams, and not one who got in the Final Four on a fluke run.

But to win 4 straight games in two weeks to advance to the final four against some really stiff competition, if the seed was a 10 or lower, is something to talk about. To beat top notch teams back to back to back to back means that you got some pretty good players and some great coaching.

wkuhillhound
March 31st, 2008, 10:12 PM
I guess.

It is not a fluke run if they don't come to play that day. Bring it every game, like you brung it in the conference season and you should win. If you don't you will end up like UConn, watching the Mid-Majors advance on. Just that simple.

mvemjsunpx
March 31st, 2008, 10:58 PM
I guess.

On the flip side, though, if a top-ranked team loses to a team on a "fluke run" in the Elite-8, they obviously weren't one of the four best teams. Whoever gets there deserves to be there & whoever doesn't get there doesn't deserve to be there. If Davidson had beaten Kansas, it would have been hard to argue that Kansas was one of the top 4 teams. Wins and losses are the only things that matter. If you get to the Final-4, you're a Final-4 caliber team. If you don't, then you're not.

As for Davidson, that was no fluke. You don't beat three higher seeds in a row by fluke. That team was legitimately that good. Not Final-4 good, but solidly Elite-8 good.

813Jag
April 1st, 2008, 07:52 AM
On the flip side, though, if a top-ranked team loses to a team on a "fluke run" in the Elite-8, they obviously weren't one of the four best teams. Whoever gets there deserves to be there & whoever doesn't get there doesn't deserve to be there. If Davidson had beaten Kansas, it would have been hard to argue that Kansas was one of the top 4 teams. Wins and losses are the only things that matter. If you get to the Final-4, you're a Final-4 caliber team. If you don't, then you're not.

As for Davidson, that was no fluke. You don't beat three higher seeds in a row by fluke. That team was legitimately that good. Not Final-4 good, but solidly Elite-8 good.
I agree with this point, my only beef is people thinking the Final Four won't be good because all four number ones made it. I think that's great since that has never happened before.

Thunderstruck84
April 1st, 2008, 09:09 AM
What would all of the 1-seed haters on this board have thought if during last year's playoffs, UNI, Montana, McNeese, and SIU would've made the national semis? Would we be hearing the same outcry of how boring it would be? 3 undefeateds and 1 one loss team, combined record of 51-1..... BORING!!!